PDA

View Full Version : High Hills (Location C)

Max Dirks
07-29-07, 09:58 PM
The high hills are nested comfortably in the right hand corner of the map. The hills are hard to reach from all sides. The main path narrows and meets in the middle forest. The high hills are well protected, simply because of the sheer distance to them following the paths.

This is streak101's starting location.

The tournament will begin when 6 threads have been posted in this subforum. Good Luck!

streak101
07-31-07, 12:21 AM
The wind gently hit Banda as he stood atop the hill, behind him were three of his close allies, and behind them were over seven-hundred soldiers, ready to die for him. Banda was in careful thought, he was expecting a smaller number of troops, and was shocked when he saw the number of men and women for the first time on Gisela. They now looked at him, awaiting an order. To think, I thought I was tired of the army scene. Enetrad placed his hand on Banda's shoulder, "You alright friend?" Banda nodded, "Yeah, just thinking." Enetrad smiled, "Well hurry up, if we don't get moving soon, we'll miss all the action!" Banda nodded again, and returned to thinking.

He was lucky, not everyone was close with their generals. Enetrad was a valuable addition to his numbers, Banda recalled the days when the two of them fought back to back against a horde of bandits, it was hard for the messenger to find Enetrad, but once he did, his friend never looked back after agreeing to join Banda for the Gisela Open. Banda himself didn't look back when he surprised fellow members of The House of Sora by stating that he would compete in the Gisela. He was supported by many, and some were soldiers under his command now. Right, the battle begins.

Banda cleared his throat, he motioned for his generals to stand behind him, he stared at the wave of troops, his voice rang out across the hills, the wind carrying it to the back lines of his army, "You all know why you are here, some of you are here to try and acquire a headquarters for The House of Sora. Some of you are here for the thrill of battle, or to relive past memories," Banda looked towards the men and women that had traveled with Enetrad, "Some of you are here to ally yourself and assist a revered member of your society," This time he looked at the wise sages that had come with Demetri to Gisela, "Some of you have come to hone your...unique skills," He looked towards Koronato's battalion, the airships and their crews were overhead, the hills being unable to land upon, and the strange archers, and dynamite men that Koro himself took from the original army and trained to wield his strange weapons, "Yet some of you are here to learn from the generals and I, some of you already have," He didn't directly look at them, but Banda knew that his, and Enetrad's soldiers, and the Sly Striker unit knew that he was addresing them, "But know this, though our purposes for being here are different, we are all united in the fact that whether we live or die here, our goals will be accomplished, and our efforts will not go in vain! Soldiers! Fight for whatever your reasons may be, but give our opponents one hell of a fight! Magic wielders! Cast your spells with the knowledge that you fight alongside your idol, nay, your hero! Catapults! Demolish the enemy with your boulders! Priests! Support your allies, and cast your holy magic on them to heal their wounds, and call upon your gods, to destroy the enemy with their might!" Banda raised his fist into the air, this was followed by shouts of vigor and pride.

He turned to his generals, "Koronato, load your archers and dynamite men into the airships, and load thirty of your infantry soldiers into them as well. Have all troops except for those on horseback, and mine's and Enetrad's elite division, enter the APCs, anyone not able to enter an APC will march beside it to protect it from enemy troops, or to keep a lookout for opposing passerby, load half of the supply crates into the APCs and the other half into the airships. Your catapults will be travelling in between APCs. Demetri, along with your magic units, you will be travelling in the APCs, I'll need about fifteen of your priests to accompany my troops. You have your orders."

The two saluted, and went on with preparations, Banda turned to Enetrad, "Our units will be going on ahead to scout the area, and to find and set waypoints for the others. If we encounter a small enough number of troops, we will attack them, reducing our problems when our entire forces encounter a large battle, we can also eliminate reinforcements this way. Before I go any further though, I need to speak to the troops."

Most of the army had scattered, entering the APC units, and mounting the airships, the only groups that were still at attention were the Utako Elite, and Pantheon's Power. Banda stared at them, these were his most skilled warriors, they were few in comparison to the size of his army, but their courage, skill, and power made them seem like titans. Alongside them were the cavalry, too busy adjusting their armor, and tending to their horses, to overhear Banda's speech to the other two groups.

"You are one of the best," he addressed them, "you were chosen based on what me and Enet saw in you, your objectives during these battles will be challenging, but nothing you cannot finish, your actions will either benefit the entire army, or weaken our strength depending on the outcome, prepare yourself, for our opponents are no fools, and you must be ready for anything." Banda cleared his throat, "Listen now, from atop these hills, I cannot see very much of the area, so I do not want to send all our troops into an enemy infested zone. This is where we come in, we will stray from the main path, and instead head west until we find a safe area for our men to travel to,"

He turned to the cavalry, finished with their preparations, and ready for their orders, "You are probably my fastest land units, you will go south from here, and scout the area over there, it is painfully obvious that there will be forest area in that direction, so use it to stay hidden, regardless whether you see enemy forces or not, you cannot risk being seen, if you are seen, however, lead the enemy away from our positions, lose them, and report back to anyone of the generals or me." The men saluted, and galloped into the forest. Banda, turned around to face his soldiers, behind them the other troops were still flooding into the transports, "We move to the west! Onward!"

((OOC : Pantheon's Power, The Utako Elite, Sly Strikers, and fifteen priest troop units are all moving to point F. Cavalry units are moving to scout point E. All other troops are still at point C, and will be ready to move out on my next turn. Let the fun begin!))