PDA

View Full Version : The Badlands (Location F)

Max Dirks
07-29-07, 10:04 PM
The widest flat area on the map. Several armies could go head to head in this location.

The tournament will begin when 6 threads have been posted in this subforum. Good Luck!

streak101
08-05-07, 12:08 AM
"My god, it's huge." Said one of the troops behind Banda. They were standing on flat ground, a definite change to the tall hills they were standing on before. This area was immense, Banda could fit his entire army here, and have room for another two or three. He bent down to examine the ground, checking for tracks of any sort. None, he spat on the ground, "Any ideas Enetrad?" His friend shrugged, and looked at the troops, "Well, we don't have a clue if the scouts have come up with anything, and the others are probably finishing loading up, I say we wait, and see what happens." Banda nodded, "Agreed, troops, recover your energy, we will wait here until further notice."

The soldiers dropped their weapons to the ground, and sat together, Banda looked at them, was he leading them to their doom? Was he capable of actually winning this battle? He had been contemplating this as they crossed the hills, and now looking at them, how they spoke of their loved ones, some of which were fighting alongside them. He inhaled a large amount of the clean forest air, the wind filling his lungs as the carbon dioxide escaped from his mouth, breathing deeply relaxed him.

He turned to Enetrad, "Do you think it was a good idea to come here?" The general grinned, "Of course it was, think about it. We get to relive our army days." He spoke with confidence, and happiness. Banda did not feel the same way, "But what of these men, and women? Is sacrificing their lives worth reliving the past?" Enetrad shrugged, "They came on their own free will Banda, if they die, it should not make you feel guilty," Banda shook his head, "But what if I cannot win? What if they all lose their lives for nothing?" His friend only replied with a few words, "Do not worry." Enetrad walked away from Banda, leaving him to his thoughts. He's probably right, if I worry, my men will worry, and if that happens, they won't be ready for battle. Banda stood up straight, I will get through this!

A strange buzzing noise had invaded Banda's ear, "Hello? Banda? Enetrad? Can you read me?" Banda pressed down his recognizer, "Yes, loud and clear Koro." The engineer could be heard laughing to himself, "Works great doesn't it? Anyways, we loaded all the troops, and the airships have spotted a river, down southwest of here, it seems there are unidentified forces near the river, are those your men?" Banda replied hastily, "No Koro, they're not, how big of a force?" "I thought as much, it's pretty big Banda, they came in from the west, seems like a large portion of someone's army, should we charge in?" Banda thought for a moment, charging was a big risk to take, he only had limited information of the enemy, and the cavalry still hasn't returned with their report, "No, we'll stay put, and protect ourselves, send an airship to my location, it's a wide flat area, shouldn't be hard to find, tell them to fly as low as possible, we don't want them to be seen. Anything else to report?" There was a loud buzzing noise as Demetri fumbled with his recognizer, "Yes, troops have also spotted enemy airships to the south as well, they seem to be travelling towards the river, coming from the east, I tried to tell you this before, but I couldn't figure out how to work this thing."

Banda grinned, there were now two armies heading towards each other, "Right, I want catapults lined up in front of the hills, some archers placed on top of the hills, and infantry in front of the catapults in case of attack, wait for the cavalry to return with their scouting report, and make sure that the airships stay low. Over and out."

Banda's mind was racing now, several battle plans, and strategies were forming in his mind. He was back to his tactician days in the army, his skills were extraordinary, and they still were. "Enetrad! You heard that?" The general nodded, Banda grinned, It's show time!

((Utako Elite, Pantheon's Power, Sly strikers, and fifteen priest troops have reached point F, Cavalry has reached point E, and is heading back to point C, all troops at point C ready for movement. One airship unit moving to point F. All other units are still at point C.))

streak101
08-08-07, 02:38 AM
((Apologies for the delay, was expecting Renjiro to take his turn.))

The airship landed beside the soldiers, kicking up dust as it descended from the sky. Banda looked at the airship, it seemed out of place in the forest. The airship docked, and soldiers poured out of it, yearning to stretch their legs,and get a breath of fresh air, the captain was the last to exit the ship, he ran to Banda with important news.

"Sir! My men have spotted bird to the west!" Banda raised an eyebrow, "And this is important why exactly captain?" The captain continued, "Sir, these birds are not migrating, but are seem to be patrolling the mountains." Banda shook his head, "They do not pose as much threat as the airships sighted earlier, you can disregard the birds...for now, if we decide to head into that location, we can't take any chances." Banda turned away from the captain, but the man continued speaking, "My men have also reported seeing one of the airships to the south land."

Banda turned around, "Is this true captain?" The man nodded. Banda bit his upper lip, if the airship was landing, then the enemy is either deploying troops to prepare for battle, or have spotted Banda's ships as well, and are heading towards Banda's or the rest of his army's location. "Demetri, Koro, send half of my division to my location, be prepared for an attack. Has the cavalry returned with their report?" Banda spoke into his recognizer. There was only static for a short time, "Yes, they say that there's a large battalion of soldiers travelling under the sirships, dressed in country garb." Demetri replied. There was a few seconds of static until Koronato chimed in, "I recognize the uniform description, Alerar. Your fight isn't going to be an easy one."

When has it ever been? "Alright, land the other airship, we don't want to be seen again, you have your orders, over and out." Banda sighed, "Captain, load all troops, but ten archers, and twenty infantry into the ship, I need said troops in case of attack, have the dynamite men join your crew on the lower deck, and the remaining ten archers near the edge of the airship, bows at the ready." The captain saluted, and went to work ordering the men around.

((Heavy Infantry heading to Point F, Cavalry returned to Point C. Airship at Point F is reloading troops, but will remain landed. Airship at Point C is landing, but will not deploy troops.))

streak101
08-11-07, 03:55 AM
.....Banda? Can you hear me? The young mercenary jumped back, he had fallen asleep, he must have, for he recalled this area, Banda turned around to face a great dragon, he recognized it as Saffron, the kind-hearted dragon that risked his life to defend one of the worlds most dangerous magical treasures, "How unexpected, I thought you could only bring me to this realm if I were using The Pool's magical energies?" The dragon flapped his wings, buffeting Banda to the ground, "Yes, strange indeed, as a matter of fact, I had not expected you to come here, it seems some of the magical properties of The Pool have attached themselves to you."

Banda remembered his journey into Saffron's Lair, how he first met Saffron, and how he held the magical artifact as it's magical waters poured themselves over him, "Yes, I think I know how it happened, but anyways, do you have any idea as to why my mind traveled back to your realm?" The dragon opened its mouth and let out a raspy growl, apparently a yawn, "No, I do not, but perhaps this could benefit the both of us. If you happen to stumble into my realm again, I will tell you of the dragons, and in turn, you will tell me of your life, and your races many talents."

Banda, faded from Saffron's realm, the last thing he heard the dragon say was, "It seems someone has awoken you."

"Banda! Get up Banda!" Enetrad shook him, Banda scrambled on the ground, frightened that someone had ambushed his troops, "What? What happened?" His general laughed, "You had closed your eyes to think, and the next thing all of us knew, you were snoring loudly." Banda stood up, "Yeah well, it's hard to get any sleep when your thinking of this tournament all night. Any reports?" Enetrad sighed, "Nothing, and some of the troops are getting restless." Banda scowled, something wasn't right, surely his airships would have been seen already? They had been up there for quite awhile before descending. Usually, an opposing army would send someone to take down forces, or to...

"Koronato, send three of my cavalry men back to their last assignment, but this time, tell them to head west, and follow all their previous precautions, should they see anything, immediately report back to you." Banda said into the recognizer, "Roger that Banda, over and out." Banda turned to his division, "Utako Elite soldiers! Attention!" The soldiers that were called out all lined up in formation, "I want fifteen of you to search this entire field for enemy troops! If you find any, kill all but one, and have two or three of you to bring him back to me!" Without any hesistation, fifteen soldiers divided themselves from the formation, and marched off to follow their orders.

"Sir!" Banda directed his attention to the heavy infantry, and their APCs who had just arrived, "Heavy Infantry division reporting for duty sir!" Banda nodded, "Just what I've been waiting for! Unload the rest of your division, and send the APCs back into the forest area bordering this location, I don't want anyone finding out where we store our supplies. Once your done unloading, sit down with the rest of my men, and see what you can do to calm them down." The man saluted and delivered the orders to the APCs.

((Three cavalry units moving to Point E, then to Point B, and returning to Point C, allowing for four turns to go by before arriving at Point C again. Fifteen Utako Elite units are scouting the entire area of Point F, giving them two turns before scouting the entire area.))

streak101
08-14-07, 02:13 AM
The three men had reached the clearing, recognizing the tracks on the ground, "Yes, definently an army, but where did they head off to?" One of them asked, the other two shrugged. They dismounted, allowing their horses to rest, but they men continued observing the tracks, "Hmm, this is interesting, we should report this back to the generals, but first," He turned to the west, "We must finish our assignment, mount up, and move slowly to the west, we could encounter this army sooner than we think." The men rode off, pursuing the assortments of footprints.
----------------------------

The fifteen men of the Utako Elite walked among the open area, it was immense, but they decided to take the more lengthy approach, and stay in a group in case of large enemy forces. They walked along the northern border, to the west, "Why'd you think Banda would send us to investigate the place?" One soldier asked another, the other soldier stared in front of him, "Maybe he thinks we're being spied on? Who knows, I just follow the orders...Who's over there?"

The soldiers pointed to a small group of men riding horses, they had less numbers than the foot soldiers, easy to eliminate, "Remember men, Banda's orders, eliminate all but one, boomerangs at the ready...fire!" The united wooshing of the aero-dynamic weapons could be heard from afar, it was clear that the enemy would have time to react, unless they were deaf.

Bleater
08-16-07, 10:00 PM
The Eyes and Ears Company have arrived from Mountain Top (Location D)

Chathtangi, Falannkku 26, 1803 CP
Five Days Ago.

The three "generals" paced in front of the army, looking thoughtfully at them.

"You'll need to tighten up Swarm Company, Shalacius. Their formation on the last movement looked a bit sloppy." Captain Lashgiver commented wryly. Corporal Krybirr scowled, not liking his authority questioned.

"Don't worrk about my men. My division will be performing at the top of their abilities when the time comes. You should be more worried on making sure your Phalanx Division is as competant."

Evanthor chuckled under his breath, his deep grin hidden within his bushy beard. He liked prodding the drow, and the dark elf was just uptight enough to let him actually get to him. William watched as different troop units- barely distinguishable from each other- repeated several formation movements in the vast field. As he looked over them, his mind began pondering the big question.

"So if this Division is yours and Phalanx is his... who am I commanding?"

The drow looked irritated at the question, and the dwarf cleverly chuckled a bit audibly.

"Kresk didn't tell him?" he said in amusement.

"It would appear not." the dark elf said matter-of-factly, leaving it at that. Williams gaze bounced between them like watching two dogs scrap over a piece of meat, then spoke up again.

"He didn't tell me what?"

The drow kept looking out over the men as the dwarf just shook his head, bemused. The dark elf officer spoke up, still more concerned with overseeing the troops than William.

"We are going to be in charge of field testing a new weapon. A massive weapon of undetermined strength. Believe me, it's certainly possible that it will be the pride of the army... provided you don't screw it up when using it."

"Aye. You got the Behemoth Division. And I can't say I envy you. If your arse wasn't on the line before, it really is now..." the dwarf added.

Greeeeeeeeeeeat.

"I mean, if you botch command of the Behemoth unit... I don't think even the Herzog's plans to keep you alive to suffer would hold up. Likely, word would come from the top of the chain to dispose of you in most... unceremonious fashion." he continued.

William's forehead wrinkled up at the thought. As if he wasn't under enough pressure, this added stitch wasn't helping.

"So, just where is this Behemoth Division you blokes speak of?" he said in a dry tone, stopping to stare at them.

The two officers stopped as well. They turned to look at him, but their eyes fell just past him, locked on something in the background. Slowly, William felt the cool of shade as the sun's rays stopped beating on him, and a massive shadow began stretching over the trio. There was a low rumble like a boulder rolling behind him as William swallowed hard; the massive figure that approached from behind him seemed imposing without him even having to turn to see it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Droitangi, Falannkku 31, 1803 CP
Present Day - 12:37pm

The Eyes and Ears Company reach just past the top of the Forgotten Valley edge, their eyes falling over the vast wasteland that stretches out before them. Cracked dry siol stretches out, firm and unyielding. The skin-colored ground looks like giant lizard scales stretching as far as the eye can see, and the men come to a stop. Looking south, they can see the northern edge of the Middle Forest from here, and their eyes roam over the vast plains before them.

"We've got something!" One of the men on the north end of the ridge said, pointing off to the northeast.

Past the hulls of grey, dying tree trunks spotting the scale-like ground, a gathering of troops sits far in the distance, a few airships looming over them. From this far off, the force looks like a swarm fo ants stirred out of their hill and ready to devour the offending party. The commander of the unit moves his horse near the spotter, looking at it for himself.

"This can't be good."

"What do you think, sir?" the spotter says, noting the concerned look on his superior's face.

"Well, if we're lucky, then this is a whole new force. Which means if they move south, they'll sandwich whatever army our men have encountered in the Forest. On the other hand... they could be more troops for the force our men are engaging. Which means if they move south, we're completely overwhelmed in numbers."

The two men lock eyes on the distant swarm of ants, looking uncomfortable as they collect their thoughts. A third spy rides up, surveying the scene a bit before pointing slightly more northward.

"And what about them?"

The men turn their attention to a closer line of troops, red bandanas adorning their heads. They are still a fair distance, but close enough to discern. But their notice is at the last second, just as the men see them crook their arms back and whip a projectile through the air.

"MOVE!" The company commander says, as a whip-whip-whip-whip-whip sound grows, the boomerangs flying at high speed towards the men. They turn their horses and spur them, rushing southeast a bit to get away from the attack. The rear horse, carrying the two riders, is too slow however, not able to effectively escape under the weight of its extra passenger. A boomerang crashes against the left temple of the dark elf steering the horse with a bone-crushing sound, sending him crashing to the ground to the right of the horse. The other boomerangs continue off a few dozen yards as the other rider sits stunned, his eyes locked on his dead comrade. He barely hears the whipping air sound as the projectiles return from the other direction, and he turns just in time for one to crash between his clavicles, hitting the soft spot between his collar and his adam's apple. His windpipe is crushed as he too falls off the horse, clutching his neck and flopping on the ground for air like a fish out of water.

The remaining men continue their rush, the commanding soldier looking to either side at the men rising with him.

"You three..." he says as he points out three of the remaining six men. "Ride as fast as you can, break for the Middle Forest. Do not stop, do not look back until you find the main troop deployment. Warn them." He speaks hurredly between rushed breaths, adrenaline coarsing his veins. "You... and you. Come with me. We're going to go back and engage them and cover these men's escape."

With nods, three troops steer their horse south, rushing towards the treeline. The other three pull hard to the left, turning back towards the enemy unit that attacked them. The lead rider snaps the reighs hard against his horse, a loud cracking sound resonating. The horse picks up more speed as the three riders make their way to the enemy. Though outnumbered five-to-one, none of them has a second thought as they each reach to a clasp on their saddles, unfastening their shortspears and pulling them up to their side. Each raises their spear over their shoulder, parallel to the ground. Standing in the saddle, the commander grunts as he sends the spear flying through the air, aimed at one of the first enemy troops. Two other spears shortly follow in the air, and all three men quickly move to unclasp their swords. With this much of a disadvantage, they need to hit hard and fast and then move away equally fast...

Two units of the Eyes and Ears company died in the attack. Three units of the company are moving to Middle Forest (Location B). The remaining three units are staying in the Badlands.