PDA

View Full Version : Northern Peninsula (Location A)

Max Dirks
07-29-07, 10:45 PM
This coastal region can serve as a vital platform for launching an attack as it borders the Central Jungle, Highlands, and the Grasslands. Generals should be wary of attacks from the south however, as getting put on the defensive in this region could be disastrous with nowhere to run.

This is Amaril Torrun's starting location.

The tournament begins when there are 6 threads posted in this subforum. Good Luck!

Amaril Torrun
07-31-07, 01:23 PM
“What do you mean, you’ve never led an army before?”

Hector was fuming due to the discovery that Amaril was completely inexperienced in leadership and war. Joining the Split Breeds had seemed like a good way to make his men and himself a good sum of reward money. The promise of the Citadel’s monks freely resurrecting his troops after the tournament made it very hard to turn down the invitation and joining with the forces of dragons made losing the Gisela tournament seemingly impossible. Now that the general stood before his unproven leader however, he felt an urge to take control of the entire army. He, after all, was a seasoned soldier with enough proficiency to have led his own men into glorious victories in the past.

Kataneen growled as she read into the warrior’s thoughts. “And do you think I would allow my own children to be under your orders? If you plan on winning this event, you’d best leave well enough alone.” Turning to Amaril, she spoke loud enough for everyone nearby to hear. “The Drakes and I will remain at your service until the end.”

Amaril bowed to Kataneen. Her presence amongst the ranks bolstered his confidence ten-fold. The enormous dragon reminded him of the great power of his own dragon half compared to that of his human side. “Thank you, Kataneen.” He turned back to Hector, desperately hoping to gain his trust. If they were to have any chance to win the tournament, they would have to work together. “I know I don’t have the most experience when it comes to warfare, but I believe that with your help we can conquer our enemies. Now, let us discuss an initial movement. I would prefer to have troops on the move quickly, but we need a plan.” He nodded toward Darith as short acknowledgement before spreading out the map of the gigantic region they would do battle on.

-----------

Amaril sat on a rotting log faced toward the open ocean. Sea spray rained upon his face as he watched large waves crash into the numerous rocks jutting out of the salty water. Behind him, the Split Breed soldiers were collecting in three separate groups. Hector had suggested that the army move south, along the side of the mountain range. “Sitting around here and getting pushed up against the ocean will get us killed,” he had said, clearly thinking he should be in charge of the logistics. Amaril wanted to put the jungle to the east to good use as well.

Hector was now proclaiming to his men such things as, “Victory will be swift,” and “None shall escape our power.” To the side of his own faction was a significant chunk of Kataneen’s forces, allied with the humans, but with no interest in mingling with the primitive race. Kataneen had acknowledged Hector’s desire to move as a good plan and allowed for three of her children to lead most of the faoi, as well as half of the caged cailpis and mearogs.

The human force followed Hector’s plan of traveling down the side of the mountain range, and also fearfully led the horses that carried the angry mearogs and cailpis. The faoi and three adolescent dragons would travel through the water, since the animals wouldn’t be able to keep up with the men on land. If they came across an army, they would be able to attack from both sides and together, the force would be difficult to overcome.

The general had admitted that Amaril’s idea to take the jungle was a good one. In good faith, he gave the half-dragon access to a good one hundred men. Already on the move were Hector’s rogues and a third of his archers. They were instructed to secure the jungle as quickly as possible. Breaking off into pairs, they would spread out all over the tropical forest and watch for any opposing army. The men receiving the job had done so enthusiastically, many declaring guerilla warfare as a specialty.

Darith walked up to Amaril, sitting on the opposite side of the short log. His own small force of draconians were apart from the rest of the army, throwing dice, laughing enjoyably at their winnings, and arguing about their losses. The draconian general gazed upon them with pride, though the rest of the army seemed to despise the only force that had yet to participate in the war. He knew that once the time came, they would do their part and then do it again. They were strong, loyal, and capable soldiers that he wouldn’t dream of replacing.

He turned to Amaril. “I was thinking. My men could fly to the higher areas of the mountains. If we could get our cannons up there, we could devastate any armies trying to get through.”

Amaril nodded, “You know what, I think that might work.” He turned to Kataneen and motioned for her to join the pair. “Kataneen, could you lift the cannons into the air?”

The elder dragon’s eyes narrowed, reading the plan straight out of Amaril’s and Darith’s minds as if they were open books. “I can hardly carry myself anymore, which I told you at the beginning of this tournament.” She paused and looked back to her children. “But they might be able to.”

------------

The departure of Hector left the remaining army with two cannons. Kataneen’s sons and daughters weren’t fond of the idea of being used as pack mules, but followed their mother’s orders obediently. Five dragons would carry each cannon, but only after they reached the mountains. The weaponry was simply too heavy to carry for long. Three of the children would carry the cannonballs in crates. The entourage was completed with four winged draconians, two for each cannon once they were in place.

The remaining mearogs and cailpis screamed in anger of their containment, drooling murderously at their captors. Kataneen rushed toward them, striking fear into the creatures and changing the angry cries into mild whimpering. Amaril looked to his friend Darith, seeing the obvious fear for his four departed companions.
“I wouldn’t worry about them, Darith. They’re in good hands.” As he said this, he watched the thirteen dragons walking around and alongside the four draconians. Soldiers from other armies would be fools to attack such formidable enemies.

((250 soldiers, 100 archers, 4 cannons, 24 cailpis, 28 mearogs, 3 adolescent dragons, and 150 faoi are headed toward area F. 50 rogues and 50 archers are headed toward area E. 13 dragons, 4 draconians, and 2 cannons are headed toward area C. The rest remain in area A.))