PDA

View Full Version : Zerith vs. Morcanico: Duel for Glory

Zerith
07-31-07, 12:09 PM
Glorious.

That was the word that came to mind as Zerith stared at the large tapestry on the eastern wall. The image depicted a large battle, two opposing armies colliding together and creating a possible climax to a war. Swords clashing, spilt blood and broken bodies filled the tapestry. The piece of art did a fine job making people think war was glorious, that dying for something was a great honor. Yet the man who stared intently at the image knew that battles like the one before his eyes weren’t as glorious as people wanted to believe. They were terrifying, things that gave some men nightmares for the rest of their lives.

Yet this atmosphere was what Zerith wanted. He wanted images like the one in front of him hung up in this room. He wanted swords, axes, polearms and various other weapons displayed on the other walls. His reasoning behind it was quite simple. If he was going to take the role of a warrior of the Dajas Pagoda, he wanted his arena to be one that reminded everyone that they were here to fight.

Warrior of the Dajas Pagoda, it was about time the halberdier received such status. In the past he had challenged one of the warriors here, but his opponent didn’t show up in the end. Perhaps that was why he was approached and offered the position. Not because he did anything to earn it, but because some people thought they owed it to him. Was he not good enough? Did they then it wasn’t capable of being a master of the Pagoda? Fine, he would just have to show them what he was capable of. He’d challenge the next tier above him the first chance he could. Then after he was finished with that, he’d take on the Grandmaster and make everyone wish they never doubted him.

Turning away from the tapestry, the warrior made his way toward the northern wall. The room itself was quite large, allowing plenty of room for Zerith to use his weapon of choice. In the center of the chamber was a large spotlight coming from the circular hole in the ceiling. Between the sunlight and the walls stood four large, thick and beautifully engraved pillars made of Nihon Redwood. Their colour matched the wood paneling of the floor perfectly.

The sudden noise that came with the opening of a sliding door signaled meant that Zerith wasn’t alone anymore. His sapphire eyes turned to look at who would be his opponent briefly before they turned back to admired the weapons that decorated the northern wall. “I take it you’re the one that will be my first challenger,” he spoke firmly. He reached his right hand out to touch the smooth shaft of the weapon that hung in the middle of the wall, his red halberd.

Removing the polearm from the wall, the halberdier turned around to face his first challenger. “Alright then, show me what you can do.”

There’s no way I’m going to let you take my place. Not until I make my way to the top first.

Karuka
08-09-07, 09:26 AM
Due to Morcanico's lack of timely reply, Zerith is the winner by default!

Letho
08-12-07, 09:22 AM
GP added!