PDA

View Full Version : Asuka's Custom Avatar Center

Yamihara
04-23-06, 10:23 AM
"We Seek to Meet Your Avatar Needs - Old-School Style"

Yep, you heard me right. Asuka's Avatar Central is now open! Looking for an avatar but can't find that one picture you really want? Why not ask the resident artists to help you out? (I'm sure there will be more headed this way.)

Taking new orders since I lost the previous list. If you have requested one from me earlier pre-Crash and have yet to receive it, PM me or make your post.

All requests will be on a first come, first serve basis. Art done in pencil unless specifically requested for colored images.

((Note: Colored images take me forever to get the colors right.))

Place your orders today!

Special Promotion! All requests are free of charge until further notice.

Cyrus the virus
04-23-06, 10:29 AM
Not to burst your bubble, but they'll have to stay free :p I do believe we're not allowing IC gold for OOC services, now.

Secondly, can you draw a drow? I can be more specific if you say yes :D

Redeemer
04-23-06, 12:42 PM
I want an avatar...if you would. Specifics later.

Culix
04-23-06, 12:49 PM
Sorry to slip ahead of the many people who were in line, but...

I'd like to request an avvy for Jannin. I trust you enough to know you'll make it a quality image. I'll be more than happy with whatever you decide to have him doing, be it a simple portrait like the present avatar, or something more dynamic, like when Jannin's in the midst of laughing maniacally, falling down, or throwing a fireball.

Oh, and as a side-note, when do you think we'll be able to get Protect the Vineyard up and running again?

INDK
04-23-06, 01:56 PM
I'd like to request a picture of Damon. I'll PM you with a description if you're willing to do it. Primarily though, he's a pale kid with unkempt hair, monochromatic eyes, and a dirty bandana. I don't think it would be particularl hard.

Letho
04-23-06, 02:39 PM
I'd like to request a pic of Letho. I reckon you don't need a description since we were in a battla just recently. If it would be possible, I would like him in a pose that you found him at the beginning of the battle, sitting on a rock, maybe holding his gunblade loosely at his side. I would offer my eternal soul, but I'm out. So I can give you like... I don't know. A kidney or a lung.

Godhand
04-23-06, 03:14 PM
I'd like to request that you don't draw Letho just to spite his ass.

Yamihara
04-23-06, 08:23 PM
Cyrus: I can draw drows, being that I've seen my fair share of them in numerous online RPGs up til today. PM me the details and I'll put you on the top of the list.

Culilx: Protect the Vineyard is still in the remake. I'm typing up our "rough" post outlines right now and will add in the details later. It's not coming along fast enough, though, what with real life turmoils (mostly about me doing all the housekeeping alone like Cinderella would). ^_^;

Damon: Aww~ but I like your PM Thaksin avvy! Hahaha just kidding. I'll need you to PM specific details and you're good to go.

Letho: I'll take the right side of your brain, please. *giggles*

Godhand: Oh, dear. *laughs her heart out* Maybe I'll make you an avatar instead.

OK, that about sums it up for the first series. The list of requests stands as this:

-Cyrus
-Redeemer
-Culix
-INDK
-Letho

The request center is closed for the moment. Please drop by later after updates via the PM.

grim137
04-23-06, 09:40 PM
I would like to request you draw a pic of Tarry.

The Bard
04-23-06, 09:40 PM
I wouldnt mind one of Amoroth playing his lute if your up to that. Also its good to see someone with talent other than writting around here^^

Emblem
04-23-06, 09:43 PM
The request center is closed for the moment. Please drop by later after updates via the PM.

It's funny how well people read.

nekoprince
04-23-06, 09:46 PM
If I could, 'd like to sorta reserve a place in line for a request. Simple enough, I'll give details and whatnot for the char I wanna request for when you are not busy and such.

Yamihara
04-23-06, 09:55 PM
Emblem: Heehee. Well, I guess there's always room for some of this somewhere.

By the way, my honored patrons and matrons of the thread, this is a thread for avatar requests only. The Profile Image Request thread will be up and running shortly ina separate section.

Yamihara
04-25-06, 12:29 AM
Sorry for the double-posting, but I have an update to announce.

Seeing as Cyrus has so kindly given up his slot in the Avatar Request, I have moved everyone after his name up by one slot. Therefore, the new list for now is:

-Redeemer
-Culix
-INDK
-Letho
-Grim137

Again, I will post updates as well as send PMs to each user once their avatars are completed. Anyone not on the current list will have to refrain from sending me PMs about their avatars. Thank you, and have a nice day.

Boy, I hate that line...

The Aurochs Horn
04-26-06, 08:44 AM
Seeing as current requests are closed, I'd like to perhaps reserve a spot on in the next line of requests. I shall give any and all details as needed.

Raelyse
04-26-06, 08:49 AM
Find me one that looks like a proud, overconfident fucker to be Raelyse!

Yamihara
05-23-06, 07:32 PM
The Avatar Central is now open again!

Series I of the Avatar Central is ready and the following members are welcome to come pick up their custom-made avatars at any time.

*Redeemer
*Culix
*INDK
*Letho
*Grim137

And since it's been so long since the Center had updated the list of people in queue, I shall do that at this moment.

- The following list is for the Series II Avatars. If in any case the user is no longer active, the name shall be skipped over to the next active user. -

- The Bard
- Nekporince
- Auroch Horns
- Raelyse
-

Thank you for using our service.

PS, sorry if I made any blatant mistakes to your avatar. If you desire to have it redone, PM me and I'll get right on it.

EDIT: Letho Ravenheart avatar updated!

Max Dirks
05-23-06, 07:36 PM
Dirks!

Arawn
05-23-06, 07:46 PM
Arawn!

Godhand
05-23-06, 11:58 PM
This stuff is pretty impressive. Would you mind providing links to the full-size versions of these things?

Yamihara
05-24-06, 01:58 AM
Well, Godhand, if enough people want me to put up the pre-shrunk images, I'll do that too.

OK, the list for the Series II Avatar Central Requests is as follow:

- The Bard
- Nekoprince
- Raelyse
- Max Dirks
- Arawn

That concludes the list for Series II Avatar Requests. PMs of specific details are welcomed and I will be handing out PMs once the avatars are completed. Thank you again for using our service.

Godhand
05-24-06, 02:23 AM
Which reminds me, sweetheart:

You and me. When's that gonna happen?

Yamihara
05-24-06, 02:37 AM
Where do you want it, Godhand? ;)

Godhand
05-24-06, 02:45 AM
Why, you sassy bitch! I didn't think you'd call me out.

Alright, I'll be in touch.

INDK
05-24-06, 03:46 PM
Asuka, I really like that. I envisioned his hair being a skosh on the shorter side at the moment, but I was going to have him grow it anyways. That's what happens when you're too lazy to get it cut.

Thanks a lot. If I could give you GP I would. Also, I'd offer to take a dive in the LCC for you, but then Adam would be mad at me. Plus, you might just beat me anyways. :P

Yamihara
05-25-06, 03:03 AM
Shyam, don't you dare make this a no contest! Murakama Asuka already told me she's going all out and not expecting any less from either you or Ashiakin. Don't disappoint her, OK?

And yes, seeing me write this might make a lot of people confuse, but that's the thing with Master Raven. There's too many of us sharing his body the poor man's starting to have an identity crisis. ^_^;

Bohemia
05-25-06, 03:04 AM
Shyam, don't you dare make this a no contest! Murakama Asuka already told me she's going all out and not expecting any less from either you or Ashiakin. Don't disappoint her, OK?

And yes, seeing me write this might make a lot of people confuse, but that's the thing with Master Raven. There's too many of us sharing his body the poor man's starting to have an identity crisis. ^_^;

You deeply frighten me sometimes.

Sparrow
05-25-06, 06:10 AM
Almost as much as Ran. Almost.

Eldritch
06-07-06, 06:06 AM
If your list is cummulative, may I be on series 3? When appropriate, I can send you a PM description.

streak101
06-09-06, 11:29 PM
i would like to request an avatar, no color. I'm patient so i can wait in line. If u need any details PM me or click the link on my siggy.

Pathfinder
06-10-06, 01:50 AM
I'll just get in line here then....alright. At the appropriate time I'll PM details.

Yamihara
06-18-06, 12:30 PM
...and Avatar Central is now open for business!

Here are the avatars for Series II:

*The Bard
*Leon's Kate
*Prince Raelyse Salidan
*Max Dirks
*Arawn

I also have one for a "Letho Ravenheart" but the maximum upload for this post is five so we uploaded the image into the previous post with the image in question.

As for Series III of Avatar Central, the current list is as follow:

- Eldritch
- Streak101
- Pathfinder
- *open*
- *open*

As with the previous series, an inactive account means the name will be removed from the above queue list.

Thank you for using our service! ^_^

Raelyse
06-18-06, 12:44 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Do Kade as well for Series 3!

Can I get the big pic too?

Arawn
06-18-06, 01:58 PM
Nice!

I edited it some...

Yamihara
06-18-06, 02:02 PM
^_^

Wow, that certainly looks great! I'm glad my artwork was useful to you.

Cyrus the virus
06-18-06, 02:37 PM
Dude, Bard looks sweet.

Max Dirks
06-18-06, 07:00 PM
Dirks just powned everyone in series II.

TY, Yami!

hamnat
06-18-06, 07:27 PM
am i too late to request an avatar for my half-elvan magess? use my current avatar for a vague description

The Bard
06-18-06, 09:14 PM
Dude, Bard looks sweet.

hell yes I love it!

Yamihara
06-19-06, 12:22 AM
Hamnat: Actually, you're just in time. ^_^

Raelyse: I'll have the larger one sent to you via e-mail, so please specify a receiving address via PM. Seeing that the original is in my computer back home, you'll have to wait about a week to get it. ^_^;

OK! For Series III of Avatar Central, the list is as follows:

- Eldritch
- Streak101
- Pathfinder
- Kadarus the Bleeder (right?)
- hamnat

That's the list for Series III. I will be sending out PMs to people who have not yet specified their avatar information and will be sending another when the avatars are completed.

Thank you for using our service! ^_^

Valentine
06-19-06, 02:38 AM
Just to confirm, here is Kade's description.

The figure of Kade Lien had been handsome, muscular and that has not changed much when he was transformed into the Valentine Bleeder. However, there is a noticeable difference between the present self and his past self.

His once tanned brown skin has been transformed into a paler form. His tone is not the whitest in all of Althanas, but it is definitely below the norm. His once messy silver hair is now slightly more well kept, though not t the extent where every hair is perfectly aligned. His once cheerful demeanor is now replaced with a neutral one, save for the few moments when he receives sadistic pleasure, which he clearly emotes. His muscular physique has shrunk a little bit from before, though this is more due to more focused definition than growing weaker.

What really makes the difference between the Kadarus of past and the one of now is the bizarre transformation of his eye color. What was once a seductive baby blue has transformed into a malicious yellow. When he opens his eyes and shows them off fully, it is almost scary to all that see it. For his eyes and his demeanor ensure that it almost feels as if he is examining them… and he is. Using then, he terrifies his meeker victims before he quickly ends their existence.

The skin tight clothing has been discarded for something a little more menacing. A black leather trench coat covers the top half of his body. It has four pockets, though they are never filled with anything noticeable. On the bottom half of his body, he wears leather pants that while are not skin tight like Kade Lien’s, are revealing enough to be found attractive but are not to the extent where they are as unwieldy as his predecessors. Beneath his trench coat, Kadarus seldom wears anything at all as he feels that such a useless piece of cloth would only inhibit him. If he does wear something, his attractive torso is covered up slightly by his chain mail. The imposing figure of Kadarus Salidan is completed by the plethora of weapons, clearly visible on his person.

The Aurochs Horn
06-19-06, 11:21 AM
Since I ended up going away before the second series came up, and am now back, perhaps I can get in on the upcoming series.

Rayne of Fire
06-19-06, 11:23 AM
I would love an avatar for Rayne, had an avvy and 3 pics of him made before, but lost them all when I lost comp. Just let me know when to send you the details.

Dragon's Dishonor
06-19-06, 03:52 PM
I would like to make a request for sereis VI if that is okay with you

hamnat
06-20-06, 10:23 AM
Rayne: nice poem:)

Asuka:Yay! avie! avie!
just PM me if you need a description

Rayne of Fire
06-21-06, 07:08 AM
Thanks Hamnat, I appreciate that.

Cielalune
06-21-06, 08:52 AM
xD Hey hey Asuka! Instead of a request, may you make it into an art trade? Draw me for me to draw you. 8D Doesn't have to be colored.

Yamihara
06-22-06, 02:04 AM
Ciel: Hrmm... an art trade instead of an art request...?

Sure, why not? I don't know when it'll be finished, though, considering the A3 is still in need of some more work.

^_^ OK. I'll PM you once I have the finished product.

Komosatuo
06-22-06, 11:14 PM
Hey, could you draw one of Komosatuo?

Here is his profile. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=904) His desc should be there.

And here is some updates to his clothes. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=916) Near the bottom of the page.

Yamihara
06-23-06, 12:04 AM
Komo-san: Well... if you want an avatar, you'll have to wait for Series IV. If you want a full image, you're in the wrong thread. =P

Komosatuo
06-23-06, 06:11 PM
Avvy's cool and I can wait. Could you also point me towards the full portrait thread? :p

Yamihara
06-25-06, 10:30 AM
...I hate to break it to you guys now...

But my Portable Drive just konked out on me on the way out of home. I mean, seriously, I had just saved Raelyse's full view of the Avatar Central version and was going to transfer it to my Portable when the darn thing decided to change from "Raven 512" to "Drive F" about three minutes before exiting the door.

Therefore, it might be some times later before I can get back on track with sending in images for both Avatar Central and the A3. Fear not, though, since all five of the A3 images have been finished prior to my Portable going dead but has yet to be scanned. I'll see what I can do to get the pictures up and (hopefully) rescue Gadgeteer Mikami's avatar from the wreckage. ( I had just saved a nearly-finished avatar to the drive before trying to save Realyse's avatar. Oh, the horror of three hours worth of digital labor.)

Therefore, the Avatar Central is still opened for business but will be experiencing technical difficulties for a short while.

Torin Reahkari
06-29-06, 02:38 PM
Well after the technical break...can you draw Torin? ^_^

Rayne of Fire
07-03-06, 06:50 AM
I got no problem waiting. After all you are doing all this hard work payment-free. It'd be kinda shitty of me to go rushin you with that.

Yamihara
07-23-06, 07:20 AM
Yes yes, it's that time of month again! The Avatar Central is now opened for business!

Here are the Series III Avatars:

* Eldritch
* Streak101
* Pathfinder
* Kadarus
* hamnat

Eldritch, I actually have two versions of your avatar done. Take a look at this one now and I'll send another one to you via PM. Tell me which you would prefer and we're good. ^_^

And... here is the current list for Series IV:

- Komosatuo (da Ninj4!)
- Torin Reahkari
- *empty*
- *empty*
- *empty*

Hurry while slots last! As for all previous customers and future victims, enjoy! Thank you for using our service!

Rayne of Fire
07-23-06, 08:18 AM
I had already put in my request for series IV and would simply like to reiterate this.

Yamihara
07-23-06, 08:27 AM
Argh, dagnabit. Sorry, Rayne, I think a sudden case of dyslexia just did me in.

OK! Update for the Series IV Avatars:

- Auroch Horns
- Rayne of Fire
- Komosatuo
- Torin Reahkari
- *empty*

Even though the last time Auroch Horns was ever on Althanas was back on July 17th, I'm making an exception and not bump him out. He had waited for three series now so this is the least I can do for him. ^_^

Alright, peeps! One spot left!

The Aurochs Horn
07-23-06, 09:05 AM
Actually, I am Rayne of Fire. I just haven't figured out very much what direction I'm taking Vahkan in yet, please forgive.

Yamihara
07-23-06, 09:12 AM
*Looks at you and looks at Rayne*

O_o

*Looks at Rayne and then back at you (Auroch)*

o_O

What, really? Oh, dear. XD Looks like you had me there. Alrighty, no probs. 'Tis all good.

Rayne of Fire
07-23-06, 09:25 AM
Not trying to pull wool over anyone's eyes, just honestly haven't gotten enough drive to really give Vahkan Shatteredmoon the headstart he needs. And I'm thinking maybe having some art of him will help with that. As a matter of fact....

The Shadowed Road
07-23-06, 09:26 AM
I would like to request an avvy as well.

Yamihara
07-23-06, 09:50 AM
Oh, dear! You're like the main subject of this series, Rayne!

Alright, then. Here's the list for Series IV:

- Lianrayel
- Rayne of Fire
- Torin Reahkari
- Komosatuo
- Chiroptera

PMs will be given out once the avatars are completed. Thank you for using our service!

***UPDATE! Please refer to the latest post for details***

Rayne of Fire
07-23-06, 09:52 AM
What can I say, sometimes it's nice to be the center of attention. : )

streak101
07-23-06, 10:27 AM
Banda looks great! Thanks!

Yamihara
07-23-06, 10:48 AM
Glad you like it, Streak! ^_^

hamnat
07-23-06, 12:51 PM
:D :D :D yay! i have a new avie! thanks yami!

she's so pwetty! nice sketching, why cant i sketch that good?

i can trace better than anyone, and even make it better than the original, but i cant sketch....what's up with that?

anyways, thanks again, its really good(and pwetty:D)

EDIT: I like it alot. So I took the time to color it in.

Yamihara
07-24-06, 03:01 AM
Wow, that avvy looks really good! ^_^ I'm glad you really like it!

I'm terrible with coloring, especially with real color medias. I prefer digital coloring using Photoshop but I still take too long on that...

Just look at Mikami's avvy. That one took me three hours!

hamnat
07-24-06, 12:55 PM
I'm terrible with coloring, especially with real color medias. I prefer digital coloring using Photoshop but I still take too long on that...

it took me an hour to do it, plus extra for resizing and recoloring for different sites.And yes, i do use this person on other sites...:cool:

streak101
07-24-06, 11:26 PM
howd u color it in though? my colors just come out black and white

Yamihara
07-25-06, 06:45 AM
Banda: If you're using Photoshop, make sure the image type isn't still set to "Grayscale" as default with all Avatar Central images I posted here. If you want me to color them in, throw me a PM or you can pester Abbie, the Mistress of CG.

Hamnat: Wow, I'm flattered. *blushes*

Abbie
07-25-06, 06:49 AM
...throw me a PM or you can pester Abbie, the Mistress of CG.
*blushes* Wow... Thank you very much for the compliment!

hamnat
07-25-06, 11:23 AM
I used microsoft paint. not photoshop. it was pretty simple. if you have to, color it in as if you were tracing. in otherwords, copy the sketch into microsoft paint, and then color over it. But makesure to put in all the shading colors for the shadow effect and outlines before you do the main colors, otherwise shadowing will be a ROYAL pain in the neck (no offense to you asuka).

Now im a little sketchy(pardon the pun) about the background. Im not quite happy with the color. At first I was going for a battle sceen background(though photoshop could have given me some filters for it) but now, well, you get the idea.

SO! here is an in-thread-poll!
What color background should my avatar have?
Blue 0
Dark grey 0
Blue-Grey Combo 1
Red 0
Other(please specify) 0
It's fine. 0

I will edit the numbers a few times a day.

Chiroptera
07-25-06, 07:22 PM
I don't know if you're still taking requests, but I would love to have a real avvy for my character!
If you would deign to graciously bestow your talents upon my unworthy character. ;)

Yamihara
07-27-06, 12:27 AM
Hamnat: You could go with a mix of grey/electric blue BG for the "lightning" effect, or just have it dark grey. Then again, if you know how to play around with Photoshop, make it transparent. I'm pretty sure Abbie can do something for you if you ask her nicely.

Chiroptera: You're a few steps behind the crowd there. Series IV just closed a few days ago, but if you're patient you can still catch Series V. It would be... *counts fingers* somewhere around next month? I dunno, that's the "usual" schedule for this kind of thing...

hamnat
07-27-06, 12:20 PM
Ok, Yamihara: Dark Grey BG with blue Lightning effect. Gotcha.
Once I get 3 or 5(haven't decided) votes in one color, I'll end the poll.

@Chiroptera: She sketch it, and I'll color it in. How's that sound? Hey Asuka, let's try that. You draw, I colorize!:D Huh? Huh? :p

Yamihara
07-27-06, 10:54 PM
Hamnat: Sounds like a plan. ^_^ Maybe I'll try that out with Series IV Avatar Central. Are you up to it?

Yamihara
07-28-06, 01:06 PM
Pardon the double post, but an update is in order.

Due to unforseen circumstances on Rayne's behalf, there is now an open spot in Avatar Central. Therefore, Chiroptera is now on the list. ^_^

And now, we return to our regular programming.

Chiroptera
07-28-06, 11:21 PM
Yay!
*does stupid little dance around computer desk*

That sounds like a great plan, both the drawing and the coloring. I can't wait!:D :D

hamnat
07-31-06, 08:37 AM
ok, here's the plan.
Asuka, can you send me the finished products via PM? if so then please do. I will color them up and then post them on the thread. k?

and just to refresh everyone's memory, Series IV is

- Lianrayelx
- Rayne of Fire
- Torin Reahkari
- Komosatuo
- Chiroptera

Originally posted by Yamihara

ok there is a problem here. lianrayel doesn't exist. Um, Asuka?

Of Light and Shadow
07-31-06, 10:11 AM
I don't?

hamnat
07-31-06, 10:09 PM
oh....never mind

Chiroptera
07-31-06, 10:35 PM
Woud it be possible to get a copy of both the colored and the uncolored version? I love color, don't get me wrong, but I love seeing pre-color pics, too. :D
Thank you!

streak101
07-31-06, 11:22 PM
After alot of hard work, using paint, dragging, undoing, coloring, filling in spaces, and even replicating an eye, I've managed to color Banda! Just wanted to show how he would look in color, and you gotta give it up for Yamihara! If it was already in color it would look awesome!

here he is!

Yamihara
08-01-06, 06:38 AM
Hamnat: ok there is a problem here. lianrayel doesn't exist. Um, Asuka?

Of Light and Shadow: I don't?

Hamnat: oh....never mind

XD Sorry, looks like Rayne gave you the slip. Well, technically I can't send images directly through the PM but I will send it to your e-mail. I should have it completed by late this month.

Chirpotera: Yes, I'll take care of the greyscale avatar and Hamnat will post the colored images up in her account. In this thread, i believe.

Streak: Good job! ^_^ Looks like you're ready to play with the bigger toys now - Photoshop! ^_^

hamnat
08-02-06, 08:05 AM
ok, that works too!:D
by the way, is anyone even voting on my poll?

What color background should my avatar have?
Blue 0
Dark grey 0
Blue-Grey Combo 2
Red 0
Other(please specify) 0
It's fine. 0

Rayne of Fire
08-02-06, 09:09 AM
I gotta go with the blue/grey combo as well.

hamnat
08-02-06, 11:12 PM
okie-dokie(western humor) thats 2 for Blue-Grey, anyone else?
Poll closes Saturday/Sunday at Midnight.

streak101
08-03-06, 03:30 AM
Streak: Good job! ^_^ Looks like you're ready to play with the bigger toys now - Photoshop! ^_^

I'm already playing with the big toys! How do you think I manage my school website's design?

Abbie
08-03-06, 05:05 PM
He needs a tablet, not PS. :-P

hamnat
08-06-06, 09:54 AM
ok, at the end of the poll, the votes are:
Blue/grey combo 2
Other 0

It's obvious which color won:)

Yamihara
08-07-06, 04:02 AM
Sorry for the relative lack of votes, Hamnat. ^_^; But the BG you made is cool.

Abbie: Perhaps. =P For Master Raven, though, he just uses the mouse for everything digital. Including coloring.

hamnat
08-08-06, 08:39 PM
thanks for the compliment :). Soooo, how's Series.....IV(?) coming along?

Yamihara
08-09-06, 03:09 AM
Avatar Central Series IV have all been sketched out, though Master Raven insisted on fixing a few details as well as darken the lineart a bit. He should have it sent to you by the middle of next week. ^_^

hamnat
08-09-06, 05:37 PM
yay! I will get on them whenever I can and I'll post each as it is completed.
It could take a while though, each one may take as long as two hours! Just make sure to accompany the drawings with names so I dont mix them up. I really want to send the right ones to the right people, as well as color them correctly.

hamnat
08-12-06, 10:59 PM
*knockknock* anybody home? its dark andwet out here, so can i come in?:)

Yamihara
08-13-06, 05:17 AM
Oh... Sorry. ^_^;

Master Raven just finished his last test today, actually. Yes, you may come in. :)

As for the avatars, Wednesday by the latest. ^_^

(Wow, this is almost like a week-by-week progress update =P)

Chiroptera
08-13-06, 05:49 PM
Can't wait to see what you guys'll do!

Love your background, Hamnat. Good choice, voters.;)

hamnat
08-14-06, 01:57 PM
*teary-eyed**sniff* so very sweet*sniff*:p

It was Yami's idea to do the Lightning. Unfortunately, Avies can onlybe 80x80 so i couldn't make the color transitions(darkblue,cerulean,turquoise,robin's-egg,and then back again) and i absolutely suck at drawing(pardon the harsh language) so colored pencils was out. So, i just stuck with 1x1pixel blue dots placed in the shape of lightning bolts.

Ürei
08-14-06, 04:21 PM
Hey Yami, since you are doing a quest with me, can you save me a spot in Series V? I'm probably going to be posting in your other art thread as well, so you can probably wait until you get that one done and base an avy off the picture you do in there.

Pwease? *teary eyes*

hamnat
08-15-06, 08:56 PM
well, ladies and germs :), I'm currently waiting for the greyscale sketches to come through, but when they do, I'll get straight to work on them. I may end up PMing you for a color template(like skin color, clothing, and background). So, don't expect the Aives to be up tommorow. It will take me untill Saturday at the latest to finish them. Also, alterations will be granted to an extent (I can't spend my life making your avatars into Monets after all). But if you would like the shading done differently(more or less promonent) or for me to increase or decrease the lighting(the overall brightness) or even redothe BG, just tell me. I don't have much else to do, but I still have other priorities that mstcome first

All drawing credit goes to Ms. Yamihara and Master Raven. I just color them in.
By the way, I'm going to upload the pictures on line so that you can see them right in the thread without having to click on them.

hamnat
08-17-06, 04:20 PM
sorry bout the double post, but i've started work on Light and Shadow's avie. I've finished the hair and 3/5 of the facial skin. I'll post them as I finish them. Happy Hunting!:)

Oh and btw,
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/shenjara/Lianrayel.jpg
This is for Light and Shadow

Sry, but i couldn't get it to show the image

And we cant forget Rayne...
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/shenjara/Rayne.jpg

Torin Reahkari
08-18-06, 10:46 AM
Ach do Torin already! :p

hamnat
08-18-06, 01:53 PM
um, im doing them in order that they are on my list. Here isthe order as follows:
Lianrayel
Rayne
Torin(so stop fussing!):p
Komosatuo
Chiroptera.

Im not goingto change that order but dont worry,they will probably be done by tonight anyways

EDIT: well so much for tonight!:mad:with my dad's interference, Iprobably wont get to Chiroptera's until tommorow. I was looking forward to doing hers too!:(

Here, Torin! Ya whiny baby! http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/shenjara/Torin.jpg

And to Komosatuo, http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/shenjara/Komosatuo.jpg

Next up, Chiroptera!

Yamihara
08-20-06, 09:34 AM
Lookin' good, Hamnat. ^_^

hamnat
08-20-06, 09:07 PM
And finally, Chiroptera!http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i212/shenjara/Chiroptera.jpg

I didn't know what they meant by "matted" grey, so go ahead and tell me to darken, lighten, or whatever you want done to the background.

Frankly, yours was the hardest to do, Chiroptera, but i think is the best looking as far as costume goes. I have to say Lianrayel had the best looking Background, and as for lighting effects, Torin's sword really hit home(pardon the pun). For hilt design, I give Komosatuo's black leather grip the award. Rayne's teeth had the most detail(and were the only set shown) so best "smile" goes to Rayne.

I hope you all enjoy your custom avatars! Happy Hunting!

Torin Reahkari
08-21-06, 02:46 AM
Oh my God.

You guys rock hardcore. Like Shyam.

Yamihara
08-21-06, 08:46 AM
It's that time of month again! Avatar Central is now open!

Series IV saw a pilot partnership with Hamnat who volunteered to color in avatars for those wanting the colored versions. The Avatar Central avatars still come in grey-scale version as well and here are the people in this series:

* Of Light and Shadow
* Rayne of Fire
* Komosatuo
* Torin Reahkari
* Chiroptera

Thus said, PMs shall be sent to respective customers to alert them of their avatar's completion.

Also, that means Series V Avatar Central is now taking orders! Get 'em while it's hot!

- Urei
- *open*
- *open*
- *open*
- *open*

Thank you for using our service! Have a nice day.

Bohemia
08-21-06, 08:48 AM
I'd like one of Jon, please.

Vorin
08-21-06, 08:50 AM
Oh Yami/Asuka/Gadget girl/Raven.

I'd like one of Vorin ;)

Yamihara
08-21-06, 08:53 AM
Request Received, Mister Jon. ^_^

And yours is noted, Vorin.

Oh, and just so I don't forget for the umpteenth time, I attached Eldritch's second version of his avatar to this post as well. I promised I'd send him one a long time ago but apparently Master Raven's Filefront acted up, so... ^_^;

Vorin
08-21-06, 08:56 AM
Request Received, Mister Jon. ^_^

And yours is noted, Vorin. I don't get a smiley?

Zerith
08-21-06, 09:00 AM
I'd like one done of Z-Man, please.

hamnat
08-21-06, 01:43 PM
what? no comments on my coloring?*sniff*

Dissinger
08-21-06, 01:48 PM
What the Heck, I'm throwing Seth into the list...

Rayne of Fire
08-21-06, 04:56 PM
My attention was drawn elsewhere. I believe the change in avatar is commentary enough. Anything good enough to replace the eggvatar has chops.

Yamihara
08-21-06, 10:46 PM
Well said, Rayne.

Looks like the clients are happy, Hamnat. ^_^ Great work.

Alright, now to sum up Series V:

* Urei
* Bohemia
* Vorin ^_^
* Zerith
* Dissinger

And~ that about does it for the list of Series V Avatar Central. If anyone wishes to add more detail than it was stated in the Profiles and Most Recent Update, feel free to PM me and I'll make note of the details. Clients will be given PMs once the finished products are ready.

Thank you for using our service. Have a nice day! ^_^

hamnat
08-22-06, 04:34 AM
And I'll color yay!:D*hops up and down whimsically*i get to do the coloring, i get to do the coloring!

Chiroptera
08-22-06, 11:25 AM
*GASP*

It's AMAZING!!

Thank you, Yami and Hamnat! You guys are so talented. I was waiting for the PM so I never checked this thread, and then I found it again while browsing and . . . there she was!
Yay!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!

hamnat
08-22-06, 01:42 PM
huggles!^_^ all that is left is to change your current avatar out for the newone

Chiroptera
08-22-06, 02:04 PM
I'm going to have to alternate between the colored one and the B&W one. I love them both! The B&W has all the cool details and stuff, but the colored one's so vivid and alive.

Sorry, I'll try to stop drooling on my desk. . .

hamnat
08-23-06, 01:03 PM
And rayne, dont forget to change your signature....After all, Mad Goblin made an eggvatar, not an avatar with an orange/yellow background....
(remember, Yamihara and Raven drew the sketches, i just colored them...)

Roscar Palidyne
08-24-06, 11:32 AM
Sorry....I'm not really following the series or anything. Just wondering if I could get an avvie done for Roscar. Come on, old guys are fun!

Yamihara
08-24-06, 11:58 AM
Indeed, I look forward to one. However, I cannot break away from this system or else I'd discredit how this system works. You'll just have to wait for the next series, then.

Come on, it'll only take one month. =P

hamnat
08-29-06, 10:05 PM
*after 3 days of crickets chirping*OK! I GET IT! CHIRP! NOW CUT IT OUT!......blasted crickets, I wonder how Yami and Raven are doing

Yamihara
08-30-06, 08:51 AM
Aww, don't feel so bad, Hamnat. This thread usually goes into hibernation for about 2-3 weeks before it gets revived again. Happens everytime, I tell you.

*Whispers* Blame it on Master Raven.* =P

hamnat
08-30-06, 05:48 PM
hah! *acting like she didn't hear anything* oh well, I guess Raven isn't all that fast after all....

ok, nm the question..... I think I scared everyone away......*sniff*.....hello?......*sniff*......

hamnat
09-06-06, 05:05 PM
hello? is anybody still here? I didn't mean to scare everybody away!! Please come back!!! *sniff*so lonely.....*whimper*...*sniff*

btw, cause I'm nearly always IC, please talk to me as tho to my character(in other words, call me Shenjara, or just Shen).

and to those, who for some reason, cant pronounce my character's name(and there is actually quite a few), it is (shin-JAR-u flaim-spy-er). note that it is broken up into seperately pronounced pieces, so just say each of them, and then string them together.

AdventWings
09-07-06, 12:05 PM
Patience, young grasshopper.

The frequenters know when to look the thread up. As Yamihara has said before, this thread goes into hibernation until about one month passes by. Only those who are impatient enough, or perhaps they want to get their slots in before hand, visit this thread and post their entries.

All in due time, things be done. :D

He'll Scream
09-07-06, 02:46 PM
and on that note im throwin my request in there while I'm still alive. ^^

hamnat
09-08-06, 03:37 PM
You callin the Queen of ALL 12 planes a grasshopper?!!!?? How dare you!:D
And I know about the hibernation, but its a little lonely not postwhore-ing....oh, if anyone hears from Streak....he's holdin up my storyline.

And Advent....
Ma'gnotrefcha ha'imon argji gireoven amine
Renfeirth craichs'hantoma trinmirti ashdin mrekonu
We'ifthran ad'vinaesta yunjutersan cretne'kin jarninkiha
Qer'neathnel jurtalsuk derestchiar tu'egienar tumerna akara.

enjoy your time as a sheep.....or should I say: BAAA

hamnat
09-20-06, 02:37 PM
hi there! If ya'll will notice....I made my first real attempt at sketching recently. It took me about 30 minutes....but I'm not that good anyways.....

At any rate.....how come the avatar sketches, Yami?

Yamihara
09-21-06, 08:32 AM
It's coming, Hamnat. You might want to brace yourself a bit as well, since there might be more than 5 this time around. =P

hamnat
09-21-06, 05:35 PM
oh, crap.....I decided to begin sketching at the wrong time.......btw, I added a second sketch......the background is horrible......

has anyone noticed that I've been posting OOC alot recently?

streak101
09-24-06, 02:27 AM
Whats this? Shenjara has a job in the center? Hmmm......

Yami, Raven, Shen, do you need some help with coloring?

hamnat
09-24-06, 02:30 PM
@yamihara/asukastrikes ok.....the dual personality thing is freaky.....but I guess you are a hardcore RP'er aren't you?

Im having a little trouble with starting the coloration of the recent four sketches.

On a different note, Yay! the center's alive again!

(sunday, 8:15 P.M., -5:00 GMT)woot! drew my first comic strip a couple minutes ago. It sucks of course, but.....woot!

Kishurin
10-13-06, 03:32 PM
Hey, everyone, it's me, Shen! Im going public with my second character, now, but I need a professional-quality avatar. So I'm taking the initiative to add my second character to the next series. Also, I want to know why it has taken almost two months. Because if that was spent to make an extra series or something, I would like to know so I can begin preparing.
Also, I'm afraid that I must close my sketching thread for a while. I'm under alot of anxiety, and I had a panic-attack earlier today(while marching in a parade, no less....I'm in ROTC if you've ever heard of it). I hate crowds, and I'm pretty much just anti-social....which is why this is the perfect website for me....I have to say, Yami...without the Avatar Central to keep me busy, I'd probably complete my insanity out of boredom. So please hurry with that....its making me (pardon) anxious.
However, if you would like to use my thread for you own sketches, that is perfectly fine with me. That thread needs some new and better material....

AdventWings
10-19-06, 11:26 AM
Testing, testing, one-two-three.

Is this thing on? Oh, it is. =P

Raven here, in the flesh. I have come to announce that the Center may be experiencing some turbulence during the transition to a newer thread considering that this is getting a bit... uh... cluttered. I will keep this open for more requests until the new thread is up and running with new avatars on display.

So, I'll sum up the avatars awaiting delivery:

- Urei
- Bohemia
- Vorin ^_^
- Zerith
- Dissinger
- Roscar
- Hell Scream
- Kishurin

I'll have Yamihara post them up in the new thread once they're done.

Release Date: TBA!

hamnat
11-23-06, 06:54 AM
I gotta ask...what happened here? The avatar center seems like it just took a barrage of mortar fire....dead and abandoned. come on!!!! Shen needs something to color!!!

AdventWings
11-23-06, 12:20 PM
Dead in the water, for the time being.

Oh, yeah. Those mortar fires came from the dreaded enemy of all creativity: College Assignments! *Runs away in fear as another volley of mortars whizzed through the air*

Take cover!!!

hamnat
11-23-06, 01:54 PM
everyone hit the deck!!!
*BOOM*

third and fourth platoons, circel round the enemy left flank, second platoon, drop back nd lay cover fire for them. First platoon, with me. TO GLORY AND DEATH!!!!!

Ravenok Kinnes
11-23-06, 10:22 PM
Hello, I am new here. Is Letho's current avatar the one you drew? I am super-impressed. Maybe you could do something of Ravenok? His appearance is in my profile(link in sig). Just pm me with an answer, and i'll like, tell you a pose or something.

You don't need to say yes. But if I had a custom pic like Letho's, i'd love you forever.

AdventWings
11-24-06, 08:53 AM
Answer to Ravenok: No, Letho's current avatar is not done by me. I don't know where he got it, but t's a lot more badass than what I made for him. Simply because it has colors!

Some of my current avatars in use are ones on:

* Max Dirks
* Hamnat (minus the coloring - Hamnat did that)
* Culix
* Chiroptera
* INDK

So, that's pretty much what I have left as my legacy. You'll have to wait until I clear my schedules and get the Center up and running again. On a less cluttered thread, at least.

*A shell whizzes by his head*

R- P- G!!!

kaBOOM!!!

Ravenok Kinnes
11-24-06, 08:59 AM
Oh, no rush, no rush. Take all the time you want.

hamnat
11-24-06, 12:01 PM
Shenjara: "Johnson! Get Perry and Sharlo over to ops and report on the situation here. Then, grab Marlow and get topside. The snipers need assisstance up there and your the best sniper-crew I've got. Got it?"

Perry/ Sharlo: "Yes ma'am!"

Shen: "Good. Raven, I need your expertise in this situation. The enemy has brought out their Razorhawk Fighters. I need a report on their combat capabilities."

Gordon: "Hit the deck!!!"

BOOM

Shen: "D&^* it! We just lost coms and demo! This keeps up, we gonna be pushin up mortar-charred daisies! Raven, get movin', ya hear?"

hamnat
12-12-06, 07:48 PM
so, does anybody mind if I go ahead and open a new thread for the avie center's grand reopening?(meaning the next avie center thread...not advertising...)

I'd call it "Asuka's Custom Colored Avatars." Any takers?

AdventWings
12-13-06, 02:11 AM
Not~ For the time being. You will just have to wait a little longer Hamnat. ;)

hamnat
12-13-06, 05:58 AM
note: Keeping me waiting means keeping the fans waiting. Also, would you mind adding Mac Axehart to the list? I'll put a post in from him if you need it.

Lady Blackwell
12-13-06, 09:15 AM
i would like a picture of Max or Jon(Falior) only one will do i cant find decent pictures and i trust you heck i trust everyone on althanas although none seem to sympathize lol anyways i will pm specifics if you say yes i have only read up to page 8 to lazy to read on but yeah i can wait A LONG TIME for mine so put me at the bottom of list please and ty

Seth_Rahl
12-13-06, 11:29 AM
I'd appreciate one of Ifrit, if someone could make one like his. He looks a little like a cross between Dante and Mihawk from One Piece (same outfit) but he has black skin with red lines and red eyes.

If you could make something like that I'd love you forever *runs away as girlfriend chases him with an axe* I didn't mean it like THAT!!

hamnat
12-13-06, 01:47 PM
@max: So ya know, Im the colorist here at the Avatar Central...only reason I bothered asking...otherwise, wait until next thread to keep your request from being overlooked

@ifrit: Dude, you don't need an avie. You got a perfect one already (ifrit=fire demon/djinn, depending on setting). I'd have an avie of an axe through a valentine(the hearts) if I thought it would look cool. But yours is perfect. Honestly, I would be ashamed of myself if I colored a replacement for it. But, to each his own, I guess...I'll still color it if you want me to...

Seth_Rahl
12-13-06, 03:37 PM
Oh its okay. Its just I wanted a cool pic of Ifrit himself, not someone who looks like him. Oh well, dante's good enough. Thanks anyways!

hamnat
12-13-06, 09:13 PM
well, it depends on whether or not you would use it in your avie. Although i suppose you could move the current one to be your profile pic....at any rate, I will color it up for you if you want it....and the master artists Yamihara and Raven shall sketch them out for this gimpy artist, as I am naught in the sight of the deities of fine art. However, those deities don't control technology, so don't worry about divine intervention affecting your avie in any way. They can't screw up my work due to the methods I use. Mwahahahahahahaha!!!!

P.S. Does anyone else think that I'm just digging a deeper hole for myself, as for my relations with the gods? Because it might be hard to perform the Ultimate Ascension when all the gods are against my cause.

AdventWings
12-13-06, 11:44 PM
Hmmm... You're digging a really deep hole right now, Hamnat... :(

Besides, my digital artisiness has improved and returned. All I need is Time. :(

Letho
12-13-06, 11:49 PM
Besides, my digital artisiness has improved and returned. All I need is Time. :(Since you put it like that, with a capital T, I give you Time (http://www.iflipflop.com/time_cover.jpg). ;)

AdventWings
12-14-06, 04:29 AM
Letho, how could you? ;)

Seriously, that's the only thing I need right now. Midterms just four days away and a field trip to the woods in 2 days from today, I barely even have time to take a proper shower!

*Sniffs himself*

Hmm... I really do need that shower tonight...

hamnat
12-14-06, 04:43 AM
hey, dont complain! youthink they have bathtubs in the woods or on the open fields of Scara Brae? Shenjara hasn't bathed in a month....though Im trying to avoid it. It would be a little akward RPing her taking a bath....

Slayer of the Rot
12-14-06, 10:56 AM
...away and a field trip to the woods in 2 days from today...

Don't get eaten by a bear. Noi one else has the patience for my Bazaar shopping.

nekoprince
12-14-06, 02:13 PM
Hey, I've done a good four bazaar threads of yours. Don't knock me aside like some sorta kitten that easily!

On the other side, I'mma gonna request one of Lionel later when you're not mid-termed. So I'll just pay attention to this.

streak101
05-27-07, 09:03 AM
knock-knock! Anybody home?

AdventWings
05-28-07, 03:34 AM
Not here, anyways. Sorry to have you waiting so long, guys. By the way, the Avatar Center has moved. Just look up "Avatar Central" and you'll find the newest request thread. :)

Shell
05-28-07, 10:40 PM
Try drawing Shell. I dare you.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3116

AsukaStrikes
05-29-07, 02:12 AM
The artist ain't here.

Look over here >>> <~>Avatar Central<~> (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3648)

He's still struggling to keep his life schedule from going kaput, so it might be a while before he updates that thing.

I'll note you guys down for Series III, though, and see if Raven still has the fire to continue on through the fight.

hamnat
05-29-07, 09:56 AM
Try drawing Shell. I dare you.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3116

Doesn't sound TOO hard. She's a naga with bat wings, red eyes, and very messy hair. And maybe a scar or two. (^_^)

Chiroptera
05-29-07, 04:40 PM
Doesn't sound TOO hard. She's a naga with bat wings, red eyes, and very messy hair. And maybe a scar or two. (^_^)

Your mom's a naga.
:p

Shell
05-30-07, 02:49 PM

Don't forget about the bladed tail.

Kially Gaith
03-28-08, 01:32 AM
Would you be willing to do one of little Kially in colour, please? o_o Your work is simply delicious!

Delicious art, you must eat it!

AdventWings
03-28-08, 08:56 AM
Darn you, little mud angel. :p

*Dodges a flying mudball*

I'll see if I can't revive or reincarnate this thread some time next month. I will be requesting people to grab a new waiting queue, too. It's simply been too long...

*Sneaks away before anymore people jumps in this thread*

Arsène
03-28-08, 10:43 AM
Oh Raven dearest! I love you so much.

Show your love to me?