PDA

View Full Version : A mark of identity.

Kially Gaith
08-01-07, 04:14 AM
After many days of walking, many morns of climbing and many nights of climbing, a city was a bright and prospectful view, and on entering the city, keeping to the very sides of the main streets to prevent being crushed, he'd skip the holes in the floor and wearily go about his day.

It was when he found himself walking past an odd store that a more arrogant peasant barged past him, forcefully knocking him backwards, stumbling, hitting the step with his heel and tripping back first into the primary store door, knocking it clean open.

It took a few moments to gain his composure as he sat, rather astounded and in partial shock as his spine ached in protest to the happenings and goings on of the people of this odd place. A hand shot to his back, rubbing it tenderly in the places in which the aches occured the most. Just where was he? Oh! It was that very moment that realisation shook him just as much as the fall, he'd slammed a door open at force, and here he was, bemused and disorrientated sat at a step! Oh woe! Woe woe woe!

Propping himself up with one hand, he archs his back straight to try to relieve the pain, unsuccesful. Standing to his feet, using his knee as a lifting support item, he finally turns to gaze into the shop...Hopefully an angry store keeper was not awaiting with a blade. Maybe he could apologise and offer some of that bag of 300 coins he'd been fortunate enough to find?

"A'm sorry! A'm sooooo sorry! Th-Th-This person bumped into me! And...And...And." He was already panicking, bless him...

AdventWings
08-01-07, 07:19 AM
"Oh, my!" The storekeeper gasped in astonishment as the young lad tumbled into his shop. Rushing quickly from her work table behind the counter, the young lady knelt down to inspect the boy and offer any aid she could. "Are you alright, dear?"

Miri stood on her knees and searched the boy, looking for any signs of injury. Sighing in relief after seeing none too serious, she gave him a warm smile and brushed away a strand of blonde curl that fell over her eyes.

"Well, I'm glad you're alright." She giggled. "So, what can I and the Leatherworks Shop do for you?"

Kially Gaith
08-01-07, 07:31 AM
Leatherworks? Leatherworks? Leatherworks?

He tolled it over in his young mind, offering a weak and partly forced smile, relieved to know that his life was not in immediate danger, the kindly woman already having shown her nature to be elsewhere.
Leatherworks...He had to think hard, he was bright, for his age, of course, but things of inner cities were rather new to him.

His eyes flickered arround, being so small and light, he couldn't really take the weighted burden of armor and he understood this well. He also understood that leather was the flesh of animals, this much advice held him strong, as he gave remembrance to the peddler whom had made his shoes. 'Suede is a type of leather', the voice replayed.

"I'm sorreh to have bust'd in like dat..." A weak pout, pale lips curled up as his eyes forraged round the shop looking for something that would catch his gaze, something portraying innocence, something sparkly...Something an intelligent seven year old would wish to have it's grubby mitts upon.

"...Do yuh have any ribbon bows?" A young girl transgressed his memory, she'd had a red ribbon bow in her hair, and he'd remembered how much it seemingly appealed to him. A leather hair bow seemed like an odd thing to ask for, but being so naive and young, he'd hardly know what the thing was made of, surprisingly enough only having recalled the name of the item from when the girl was discussing it with her mother.

Brushing off his knees, he offered out the bag of gold, still not really understanding the proper value of money or the bounty that he'd been fortunate enough to come upon. Of course, with the money he had, he could possibly get some awesome enchantments on that bow of his were it available!

"I like blue. Dark blue." He announced, with little given reason, or question. A spontaneous moment of childish compulsion.

AdventWings
08-01-07, 08:03 AM
The leather worker raised her eyebrow for a moment before batting the curiosity away, resolving to try and meet the demands of her young buyer the best she could.

"Oh, a ribbon bow?" She smiled, rising from the floor and calmly walked back to the counter. "My, let's see what we have, then. I think I may have one or two around here."

Unlikely, as other leather merchants would say to the young boy if they had heard the request. This was an establishment catering to the needs of the leather industry, not the cloth and strings. But as unlikely as the store was to have a steel cleaver, one of such shone against the sunlight in the backroom attached to a wooden table.

It did not take long for the storekeeper to procure the strip of dark blue ribbon from her private collection, a smooth silk piece about a foot long and dyed deep blue with extract from tree bark. It was one of her more precious pieces, but she would not be shedding tears to let it go. She knew well enough where to get some more.

"Here you go, young sir." Miri beamed at the little boy as she handed the silk ribbon to him. "I could tie it into a bow for you, if you want to. As for the payment, well..."

The lady gave the idea a moment of thought, deciding on a resolution only a few seconds later. "You know what? I will charge you one piece of gold, total."

Such a trivial amount, but it was also due payment for a rather trivial sale. It did not cost her a single drop of sweat to get it and she was not going to make the young child pay well over its value. After all, it was only a piece of cloth.

Kially Gaith
08-01-07, 08:17 AM
A bright, cheery smile flooded his face, his naivety glowing right through at the items sudden appearance, his pale cheeks flashing up a healthy red in giddiness and excitement over such a simple item.

"Ooo! Da's pretty!" He really couldn't contain himself, jittering about on the spot despite his usual lack of emotion. He still had the majority of his innocence and a cute streak to boot.

He opened the bag at the request of payment and removed six round shiny coins of his favourite choosing, holding them out in utter glee in the sight of the adorable ribbon, the extra five coins as a large tip of thankful amount.

"D'ya know where I can g't ma-jick put on it?" He didn't quite know of it as enchantments yet, t'was quite a long word for such a young boy.

He then realised his own arrogance, having forgot to even thank her. "Than-kooooooooo!" His other required response was given, nodding erratically at the offer for it to be tied into his hair. A defining emblem for such a young child, something that would now make him stand out in those ever so scary and tall crowds.

AdventWings
08-01-07, 09:09 AM
Smiling warmly at the child while she calmly tied the ribbon to his hair, Miri gladly accepted the five extra pieces as a sign of good will.

"You're welcome, young sir." She replied, leading him out the door to show him where next to go.

"Do you see that store over there, with the big yellow birdy on the sign?" She leaned down and helped to direct the kid's sight. The Cockatiel stood a good distance down the wide streets, but it was a good place to find cheap and friendly enchantments. Miri also knew the best enchantments were done in Raiaera - still, having ones that worked and ones that were godlike were two different things.

"You can get some enchantments there if you like. I'm sure you'll find something you like, young sir." She said with a smile, ushering the young boy on his way to get his new magical upgrade.

Kially Gaith
08-01-07, 11:26 AM
A nod of approval towards her immediate acceptance of the coinage as he smiled. his gaze falling across to the location she offers the young boy, young idle hands closing the bag of coins, tugging the drawing string and popping the bag into his deep right pants pocket.

With little more than "Than-koo! Bye!" Said in a barely audible and rapid tone, the child had darted from the store steps straight towards where that 'birdy' had be located, that had been a very good description in his eyes, he'd have to go thank her some time.

Arriving at the door of the Cockatiel, he politely thumped upon the solid frame, awaiting a 'come in' or 'do as you may' or perhaps even a kindly welcome.

It would be obvious he's not a towns folk...Because what towns folk would be as polite and courteous to wait at a door instead of barging right in?

AdventWings
08-02-07, 05:50 AM
But had it not been for the transparent pane of glass that made up the door, the enchantress would not have known there was a customer wanting to come in.

"Hello~" Agatha called out, waving to the little boy happily. "You may come in~!"

She could tell right away the boy was not from around these parts by his patient and innocent eyes, but she could tell he was looking for her services.

"So~ What can I do for you." She beamed from behind the counter, peering with honey black orbs flanked by her long, onyx locks. The witch pulled at the rim of her oversize dark hat, scanning the crowd outside once before continuing her little banter.

"I specialize in enchanting magic into every day stuff. If you have anything you want, like a teapot that serves itself or a ribbon that can sing, I can do that for you." She paused, winking mischievously. "For a price."

Kially Gaith
08-02-07, 11:32 AM
He'd wave casually back, offering a sweet smile in return as he reached partially up, grabbed the door handle and tugging it down with a little effort due to it's aching amount of use.

When his tiny gait brought him over to the location of the woman, he felt am immediate, perhaps emotional, connection with her, be it the magickal energies, some sort of enchantment on herself or just her plain and simple nature which he took too immediately.

At the mention of her services, he grinned, pointing to his ribbon, as the idea, although very awesome, was not what he'd want, when it came to hunting for food, silence was one of his advantages. He now had to remember that his funds, although still a large amount, had to be watched, after all, he could end up needing that money to give to the strange man at the auction he'd met.

"Wha' can yuh do, miss?" A perhaps both polite, and impolite challenge, it was meant in the best way possible, but the only 'magic' he knew wasn't even exactly magic, but yet a purity so strong of bloodline that blessed him with the power over nature. He'd just heard of these things, and even a few moments in an auction house had proven to him that such enchantments were very special things.

AdventWings
08-03-07, 09:51 AM
"What can I do?" Agatha looked up at the ceiling and touched a finger to her lips, thinking carefully about what she could show to the little boy. The witch thought long and hard on the matter, glancing once around the room before settling on the little blue bow atop the young boy's head. With a mischievous smile, she fished a small orange pouch from her belt of ropes and took a small pinch of sand from within.

"Here, stick out your hand for me." She smiled, then sprinkled some of the magical sand onto Kially's hand and arm before quietly chanting a quick spell. Slowly but sure, the boy's arm began to vanish - right up to his elbow!

"Haha. I call that my Invisible Powder Spell." She happily announced despite her young customer's surprised. "Oh, don't worry about that. It'll wear off in a minute or two."

And after a few moments, the spell wore off with the eventual return (and undoubtly intact) form of the earth angel's arm.

"So, is that good enough for you?" She beamed, giggling from her customer's mixed reaction. "I can also enchant accessories to give you a bit of stealth, a bit of speed. Whichever you feel like getting. It'll cost a pretty penny, but my services aren't that expensive."

With a sly wink, she tugged casually at the oversize black pointed hat that could have belonged to someone twice her size. The pointed tip flopped over, adding the image of an easy-going magic-user to the young enchantress.

"So, what'll it be?"

Kially Gaith
08-03-07, 10:06 AM
In full trust, the boy offered her bidding, a hand shot out, his shirt idlely covering it, the cuff flare flashing a partial amount of a rusted bracer. "Like this?" He questioned.

Within seconds, it was when the woman sprinkled something over his arm, that he quite literally gasped, his mouth agape in both fear, shock and amazement and the strange lack of pain. His heart suddenly racing. His spare and visible hand darted to the location of where he was sure his arm once was...And low and behold, it was still there. "Invisible...Wha's tha'?" Of course, he'd just seen just what it was, but his vocabulary wasn't that extensive.

With time came the return of his arm, and the calming of his breaths to a safer pace. "Tha' was really cool!" He stated, nodding eagerly at the womans ability.

Tilting his head on side, he offered a cute smile, patting at his ribbon with his index finger and middle finger. "You c'n make this do thin's?" Speed? That sounded good! Stealth! Even that sounded good, he knew what stealth was...It'd hid him from the larger creatures in the forests where he used to hunt and forrage for food. A bright grin fell across his face, price seemed hardly an issue, he believed he had a large amount of cash. "ALL OF THEM!" He denounced, brightly smiling with utmost excitement and readiness, removing the pouch of 294 coins from his pocket, eagerly holding it out, naively.

AdventWings
08-05-07, 06:24 AM
"All of them?" The witch let out a mirthful giggle, marvelling at the young one's naivety and resolution. It was going to be tough, especially on the young kid's coffers, but she could at least give him some of what he requested.

"Well, let's see..." Agatha pulled out a giant leather tome and started flipping through the pages, looking up the ingredients for the enchantments required.

"Alright, here we go..." Agatha murmured, her eyes still scanning the aged pages of the magical tome. "A spell that can turn the user invisible... A spell that can speed up the user's legs to a horse's trot... And an enchantment that can make the user's movement as silent as a mouse... OK, let's see what we've got!"

Writing up the list, Agatha cleared her throat and started reading out the list. Hopefully, the tag price would not be too much for the kid.

"First item of the list." She theatrically grabbed the list up as if reciting a poem, holding out her left hand to the audience composing of one child. "An enchantment that turns the user invisible to the human eye for ten minutes. An enchantment usable on personal accessories, requiring the oral command of "Sneak!" to activate. Price - Two hundred and fifty Coronian Gold Pieces. You'll have to wait for a whole thirty minutes to use it again, though."

Agatha continued with her list without batting an eye at her young customer, too absorbed in her role to notice his face.

"Next item, the enchantment of a Horse's Run. Upon the command "Trot!" the person wearing the enchantment can run as fast as a horse without feeling too tired. Lasts for five minutes and a wait interval of..." Here, she glanced down at the "script before resuming her post. "Half an hour. The fastest one can travel depends on the condition of the user as well. Price is One Hundred and Eighty Gold Pieces. And last one the list..."

The dark-hair girl drew in her hand and pointed a finger upwards in a comical fashion, still reading off the script as if she was in a play.

"An enchantment of silence. Clapping your hands thrice, any movement made by the user will result in nary a noise for ten whole minutes. If the user happened to step on a dry twig... No snap. If an old floorboard you did tread... no creak. If your mother's expensive vase you did knock over... No luck." She stuck out her tongue in apology. "Crash Price at Two Hundred and the enchantment takes twenty minutes to recharge."

Heaving a sigh after her little skit had completed, she looked down at the young boy with a friendly smile.

"So, you looking to have that enchanted into your bow? Or do you have something else you'd rather be enchanted?"

((So, here are the enchantments:

* Sneak - Makes the user invisible for 10 minutes, with 30 minutes wait period after use (thirty minutes after the spell wears off) - 250 GP

* Trot - Enables the user to run as fast as a horse trot, lasting for 5 minutes and 30 minutes cooldown after spell wears off - 180 GP

* Silence - Enables the user to sneak about without making a sound unless disturbing something else which indirectly causes sound, lasting for 10 minutes with cooldown interval of 20 minutes - 200 GP

Hope you find something you like. ;) ))

Kially Gaith
08-05-07, 06:45 AM
He reached up onto the kindly womans counter and placed the bag of 294GP onto it for her to count, he then dug deep into his left pocket, retrieving a second bag, this one containing but only a few coins, totalling to a worth of 200GP, this too was put onto the counter, he didn't believe the second bag to be worth nearly as much as the first, after all, the first had much more in it. Quality over quantity never quite occured to the lad.

"Invisible!" He giggles, excitedly, something of that sort would make travelling, looting, stealing cookies...The usual daily behaviour, all that more simplistic. The prospects of this and the other he was offered was trully of great benefit!

"Quiet!" He chanted on the explanation of the third, quite eager to find that perhaps he could now move quietly...Why-oh-why could he not of knew this woman back when silence and invisibility would have been his primary advantages in hunting?!

Granted, he wasn't all that happy in using sound to activate the abilities, his voice was all good and well, but when he trully thought about it, a deer would not stick arround to hear a boy say "Sneak!" or other such necessities to activate.

Hopping up at the counter, he hooked the front sole of his shoe onto the lower outstretch of the counter, lifting himself to rest his chin on the counter cutely. Slowly, in his mind, he did the math, as he pointed at the bags. "Four hundred and fifty!" He announced in what many could imagine to be that of someone telling of a certain sport involving sharp metal tipped throwing instruments.

Gazing round the store, he gave note to all the things that the woman had, all the odd do-hickeys and voodoo mumbo-jumbo that he suddenly wished he understood, each telling their own tale and offering their own advantage.

"The bow." He suddenly nodded rapidly, having almost forgot the question until a shift of hair reminded him of it's presence, far to haphazard in his excitement to really be that attentive, needing sweet subtle reminders.

"I don't wanna lose it, now!" He stated brightly, paling slightly at the concept of even the remote possibility of the item leaving his head.

"Tha' enough?" He pointed to the small bags of currency, a sweet smile brightening back up his paled cheeks. How could anyone say 'No' to such an adorable and well-meaning little boy?

AdventWings
08-05-07, 07:48 AM
Well, how could I say "No" to such a cutie like him?

"Alright, sir. Sneak and Silence it is." Agatha smiled, untying the silky blue bow on his head after noting his physical gestures to what he wanted to be enchanted. True, the total price came out to be a good 450 gold pieces - quite a good amount for such a young child to be carrying - but she was not about to be so heartless as to not add some special add-ons for him.

"One moment, youg sir. I'll have your enchantments ready in a jiffy." She winked at Kially before disappearing into the back, conjuring up a storm as she worked the magical spells into the threads.

No more than two hours passed before the enchantress returned to the store front, the boy's blue silk ribbon in her hand.

"Here you are!" She announced, tying the ribbon back into Kially's earthy locks. "Also, if you happen to lost your bow, just clap your hands four times and it will return to your hair. Consider it a gift from me." She ended with a wink.

Agatha really liked young boys.

"And that'll be another 40 gold pieces, sir." She grinned, taking out 490 gold pieces from the boy's pouch of gold before handing what little was left of it inside. "A word of warning, though. I won't recommend you try to use Sneak and Trot at the same time. Possible, but the enchantments are going to cancel out each other. I wouldn't want to risk the life of my favorite customer, would I?"

Kially Gaith
08-05-07, 08:16 AM
During the time he was given to wait, he did not stay still, he was a child after all. Instead, he decided to have a damned good nosy about.

Walking about the store he picked up a few items that caught his attention, none of which made sense to him. These items would be adequately fingered and felt as he listened to the woman in the back.

A grin fell about his face as he settled each item he'd picked up carefully back into place. He was no thief. Ah, this was his place...He felt adequately comfortable in this building, not to mention the ability of this woman was rather...a childish word...Cool. Cool, that was it. Really really cool!

On the reappearance of the woman with his ribbon, he fumbled an item he was holding, before swiping a spare hand to catch what happened to be some sort of light weight wooden mask by the very top corner. A fortunate reaction indeed. He made no mention of such as he playfully skipped back to the counter, easing himself back up in the manner he had before.

When it came down to it, he tilted his head on side, allowing the witch easy access to his locks. With the item firmly in place, he grinned, turning back to watch each of his coins to quietly slip away. They really didn't matter.

"Thankoo" He said yet again, for what must have been the fourth time this day, listening to her warning. He was contented in her words, after all, he had not bought the 'trot' spell she had so offered, but instead, ones to keep him silent and out of sight. Taking the mothers phrase of 'seen and not heard' to an oddly corrupted and dangerous new level, where being seen is taken out of the question and being heard requiring a keen ear and a piece of unfortunate stepping on the childs part.

Slipping the last 4 small coins into his deep right pocket, he offered a single waving hand, dropping back down below the height of the counter, giggling gleefully at such idea. He was eager to go outside and test his new toys. Sure, he'd forgot to implement his preferences of how he'd really like the spells to be enacted, but, why complain now? Complaint really wasn't a trait a seven year old could have unless it involved pain.

"Sneak!" He said as both his hands slapped together in immediate procession, his form suddenly gaining the advantages he had requested, sure, they had been pricey, but he couldn't comprehend such, money was still not something he completely grasped. Sure, he knew the shiny metals could get him nice things, but just what each coin was worth was something he purely did not understand.

Before he left, he snuck his hand back into his pocket, and using his new advantage, quietly moved towards the woman in the back, when reaching her, the 4 coins he had recieved in change were snuck silently into her pocket, a giggle giving away his position as he scampered into a corner to watch her reaction, weighted footprints in the carpeted floor perhaps giving away just where he was. He was happy, he was invisible, he was quiet, oh the fun he could have! Hence the sudden hyperactive and compulsive boost towards the woman and the 'secret' monetary tip which was probably not all that secret having laughed.

AdventWings
08-05-07, 08:53 AM
Agatha raised an eyebrow, and with a smirk on her face, as she felt the weight of four coins of gold slip into her pockets accompanied by a childish giggle. Turning a blind eye (even though she could not see him to begin with) to his antics, the witch merely smiled as his presence disappeared out the door.

Returning to her duties, though, she suddenly realized an error in her speech.

"Oh, wait." She gasped, the oversize hat nearly falling over her vision. "He didn't buy Trot, did he? Oh, well~"

((Transaction Complete. :D

Kially Gaith loses 500 GP (300 from his Bazaar Voucher and 200 from his regular GP funds) for the following items and upgrades:

- Deep Blue Silk Ribbon (6 GP)
- Sneak! Invisibility Enchantment (250 GP)
- Silence! Silence Enchantment (200 GP)
- Return! Retrieval Enchantment (40 GP)
- Tip for Agatha (4 GP)

Kially Gaith receives 120 EXP for excellent IC interactions.

Have fun! :)))