PDA

View Full Version : peaceful cove

Reiko
04-23-06, 06:29 PM
Kit laid in the shade with the sun bouncing off of her skin only when the wind decided to shake up the leafy tree that the three tails had between her and the sun. The waves crashed and seemed to join the birds as a baseline for their melody. When Kit first arrived she thought what a waste. but then it turned to this is a nice spot..

The calm would occasionally shatter as the sound of splashing and giggling could be heard. Inari was enjoying this failure more than the mother. Thankfully the younger fox had gotten a bikini like her mothers on the way out. Kit knew the girl would want to swim when the job was done. “Come in mommy! The water’s not cold in the least.”

“I’m fine, I might come in later.” Kit smiled as she watched her daughter dive to look for some underwater object. Her child was part cat yet seemed to love the water, a bit odd since cats tended to hate water.

What brought the two vixens to enjoy the surf and sun were rumors of treasure and what Kit was a trustworthy tip but all that took was a little fox magic instead of coin, so the loss was hardly anything but a shake of 3 tails and smile. The only cost was Inari’s swimwear because Kit was sure that the she and her daughter were going to get wet but there was no sign of anyone, no wreckage no foot prints of merchants or bandits. In fact the two humanoid foxes were likely as close to humanity as the cove has ever seen.

“Awww Kit you’re no fun.” The voice was Inari’s as she went to let herself flop on the sand next to her mother. “All you do is just lay there.”

“It’s peaceful and I like some peace sometimes. Any ways what do you think you’re doing?”

“I’m resting.”

“Me too.”

(ok this is an open RP for a couple of people, something really easy and fun. Just a no worries adventure where any idea is welcome, a treasure hunt, a zombie attack, a weird romance, a duel or anything. The point of this thread is just to have fun. Only thing is I don’t want too many people because I like small threads and that’s it)

Slayer of the Rot
04-23-06, 07:37 PM
Stormy winds had been brewing inside of him for the past year, and he hadn't really expected it to break anytime soon. It came, once in a while, a turbulent winds thhat violently broke against the chill walls he'd built up, forcibly, around his soul. It was the type of storm that drove lesser men to mental breakdowns, the sort that put a rifle into the mailman's hands to mow down his co-workers at the office.

It had begun to plague him about a week after he'd cut down his father. Something that seemed off about himself. For a time, he'd simply brushed it aside, when it came up, but the answers came quickly in the Adventurer's Crown, in Haidia, when his arm had metamorphosed to some monstrosity.

A little frightened, confused, and certainly angry, Dan had set off to Fallien's deserts in silence, so that he could be alone. A little soul searching, because suddenly, the concept of his own self was a mystery. The enforcer's face fell out of the light for the people, and they seemed to overly forget him, the man who'd laid his life on the line to rescue one girl from a group of maniacs with a twisted plan for world domination. And out in those Fallien deserts, the Rotslayer made great storms of blinding sand as he struggled to realize what he was.

When he reemerged, thinned from a lack of food (game was a little difficult to find in the desert, more so prey that wouldn't poison him), hair long and jaw scruffy again, he still didn't know the answer. So pulling on that leather sleeve over his remaining arm, he began to walk. His eyes failed to register exactly where it was he walked, but he walked none the less. The days began to blend together in one great whirl of dark and light, his numb brain going about his business as usual, his eyes faraway, lost in the clouds above.

Months later, he suddenly came to with a start. Dan's eyes sharpened suddently, taking on their old light, and he suddenly became aware of a warm, comfortable wind brushing over his body, and ruffling the healthy green leaves that bunched around him. His hair was even longer now, almost past his shoulderblades, but at least he'd seemed to shave in his half hearted daze. Blinking several times, his gaze suggesting one of silent confusion, the enforcer rubbed gingerly at his whiskered chin, trying to remember when he'd left the hot and dry climate of Fallien for...well, where ever this was.

His eyelids felt heavy, and he knew if he'd look in a mirror at this moment, he'd find dark circles beneath them. How long had he been in this damned tree? As much as Dan tried, he couldn't so much as recall the last time he'd eaten. "This can come off at least," he sighed, snapping open the catches on his leather sleeve, and let it fall too the ground below, not much caring about it being stolen. He highly doubted anyone would.

One would think that the arm would be rather pale, considering the amount of time it spent out of the sun, but it wasn't. Oddly enough, it maintained his sun bronzed complexion, something he'd gained in the last years from being out, walking in the sun so much. Something else that set him ill at ease was the fact that each and every scar had vanished from it's surface. It was this arm that swelled and darkened during his times of anger or pain, this arm that grew the deadly claws and strange natural crests, that shined like chitin.

"I wonder if I've found the end of the world," he sighed as he looked out from the little gaps in the leaves as the wind made them, completely oblivious to Kit and Inari, frolicking beneath.

Reiko
04-24-06, 07:41 PM
Kit watched her daughter lay next to her and wondered how long her child would stay like that. Not long for the girl’s blue tail wagged as it shook off some sand from the matted fur. Inari was smiling at her mother. “You should have come with me.”

“I’ll have a swim a little later.”

When Kit finished her word she felt a small weight land just an inch above her navel. When the mother looked she saw a small gold coin, so much for a beach untouched by people. “See any more?” Kit asked as she held the coin in her hand, a common gold piece that wouldn’t buy much.

“No that’s all I saw.”

This time it was Kadenzaa’s time to giggle. “Well I guess you can buy some ice cream with that.”

“I was hoping to find more.”

“I know but let’s just have fun.”

Inari sat up and kept her smile as she snatched the coin from Kit’s hand. “Come on catch me!” Inari taunted like a child.

Kit had the same smile as she went to chase but there was a strange scent on the wind. Kit knew the smell of the seawater and sweet smell of her daughters joy but there was a strange third. Something that the three tails couldn’t place. Instead of running after her child in play she ran towards the pile of clothing and weapon on the clumps of grass just beyond the beach. “Inari stop! Something’s wrong!” And Inari stopped while Kit grabbed her wakizashi but didn’t draw the blade.

Kit perked her ears perk and let her three tails do their nervous flicking as she looked around. Inari was still and that would help Kit find the disturbance. “Anyone there? Hello, can you please show yourself?” The mother called out hoping to draw out the stranger that she was sure was out there. If it was an Ambush she hoped that she would draw it to her instead of her daughter. All Kit wanted was her daughter to be safe.

Slayer of the Rot
04-24-06, 09:47 PM
Past his green sanctuary, a cerulean sea stretched for miles on end, farther than his tired eyes could see. Dan briefly wondered how he'd managed to find this place; the sun shone brightly, the air was clean, it was quiet, and comfortably warm. For one moment, that stopped his breath suddenly, he had the crazy thought that in his mindless wonderings, someone had finally killed him, and he'd slipped into a paradise of the next life by accident.

But that thought was swept aside by the throbbing ache in his muscles. It hadn't occured to the enforcer of what sorry shape he'd probably be in when he woke up, but he knew well enought now. His jeans were torn in several places, and the knees were completely worn out. The hem, cuffs, and collar of his shirt were ragged and torn, the once black shirt a faded gray. At least he'd seemed to have had the good sense to wash recently. Groaning, he rubbed at his sore eyes, letting his head fall back against the trunk he was leaning against.

His gruff chin fell agains his chest as his eyes closed, but it wasn't in the cards for him to get some sleep this day. A sweet voice fell on his ears, and he realized how much he missed the sound of another's voice. And this one was certainly appealing. Without answering, he moved to swing his leg over the branch and jump down, pulling himself to the side -- but his legs refused to move. 'Shit!' He tumbled down helplessly through the branches, shaking the tree terribly, then dropped right from it's boughs and to the ground with a dull thud. The enforcer lay there for a few moments, then groaned, pushing himself to his knees, then sat back against the tree trunk, waiting for his vision to realign.

His assertion that maybe he'd died at some point in his forgotten journey suddenly came back into question when he was able to gaze upon the beautifully curved reiko, hair the color of Godhand's good wine, the stuff that he only let Dan drink on one occassion. Her red bikini matched her other features well, and revelaed more than enough skin to incite wars. Dan's mouth opened a bit as though to say something, but he realized he didn't really have anything to say. In a way, he forgot precisely what to say to another person, considering how long he'd kept to himself in his silence.

Instead, he took a much better look at the place he'd woken to find himself in, unfractured now without the leaves to surround him. To his left and right, ahead of him, the beach with the glaring white sand reached out to the horizon, and behind him were a grove of decidious trees. Little half formed cloauds were streaked here and there across a sky blue enough to match the water it rose above. The leaves above him danced slowly in the wind.

There might have been a time long ago when he would have felt naked without a weapon, but the thought didn't so much as cross his mind. Instead, the enforcer pulled one of his legs up towards his chest, and wrapped his arms around it, looking up att Kit with puzzled, dark eyes. "Where am I?" He knew how stupid the question probably sounded, but he would be happy to know.

Reiko
04-25-06, 08:22 PM
Kit might have laughed from the scene if not for the fact that she had to jump back to keep from having the larger man from falling on top of her. It was no ambush but a surprise as Kit hardly expected such a harsh and painful entrance.

Kadenzaa considered the man who fell from the tree. He had a strong build that could easily picked up the reiko and her daughter in each arm. Also the grizzled face would be pretty hansom once the man got cleaned up but there seemed to be a hint of danger and Kit couldn’t help but think that she saw the man before but she just couldn’t place it.

The man made some movement with his mouth while Kit kneeled down beside him right before the man could finally speak. He asked where he was. “We’re on the beach, a cove two days walking from the fishing village on a trade rode to Radasanth.” Kadenzaa smiled at the stranger, as she was sure that he wasn’t a threat that needed her caution. “Inari can you get me some water.” The mother called out, as she was sure that the stranger was thirsty.

Inari agreed and fetched a small water skin from the pile of clothes and weapons and brought it to her mother who handed the container to the stranger.

“I’m Kadenzaa though I like to be called Kit and this is my daughter.” Kit bowed gracefully but blushed a little as she realized that it would give a bi of a show of her exposed body and Inari would follow.

“I’m Inari, pleased to meet you” Inari did follow in suit with the friendly bow though it made the mother blush further as she nervously let her tails dance.

Kit knelt down again as she looked at the newcomer to the beach. “Do you know how you got here or how? Or at least why you’re lost and in such a miserable state.” Kit hoped that she didn’t offend the man with her last statement but it seemed important. “Perhaps we can help you somehow.”