PDA

View Full Version : Just for kicks...

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 08:08 PM
Christoph and I were tossing around the idea of submitting a quest as a radio drama.

Now, before we both get struck down, it would go something like this. Instead of submitting the whole thing all at once, it'd be chopped up into bits, like the quests here traditionally are. We'd be writing and acting as our own characters (meaning neither Elijah nor Christoph would sound like they're SUPPOSED to), casting others for the NPC's. We'd split it up into "serials", submitting each 2-3 minute serial as a post, so the flow would basically remain the same as if it were written out. There'd just be a lot more bunnying (which, of course, would be pre-approved during the writing process). If need be, we could provide a copy of the script at the end for judging purposes.

Would this be acceptable?

I personally think that it'd be an interesting approach to quests, and--on an irrelevant tangent-ish note--since I'm going into radio/audio production for college, I could always use the chance to mess around with some more audio and mixing.

Whattaya think?

Kially Gaith
08-07-07, 08:16 PM
Sounds like a nice idea, actually, kinda like book readings on the radio, only different, with more originality and depth, the listener really being able to tap into the characters thought processes and raw emotions!

Go for it!

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 08:18 PM
^ Basically, that describes it to a T, except instead of it being mostly narration, you'd get interior monologues. I remember linking to some of mine and Christoph's previous radio drama stuff when I joined this site... I could always do it again if you'd like a refresher on how it would be done.

Artifex Felicis
08-07-07, 08:20 PM
So long as it's of sufficient length and the script is provided, then I think that would make for an excellent idea. However, I realize that this might be a burden, but having the grand total length be a little longer then 2 minutes would be very good. Still, I think that would be rather fun to see at the very least.

I would suggest with the script provided, then it would end up being acceptable.

Karuka
08-07-07, 08:22 PM
I think he's saying that you're looking at an average of a 30 minute quest. 20 for a quickie, an hour or more for a long one.

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 08:23 PM
Well, the total length would probably end up anywheres between 30 minutes and an hour, partly because our recording sessions usually end up like this: Three hours set aside for the mic = 30 minutes actual recording work and 2:30 going towards video games.

Curse you, Shiggy Miyamoto...

Kially Gaith
08-07-07, 08:31 PM
Miyamoto...Ghost In The Shell, right?

Anyhow. If you want a hand with anything on it, drop me a PM. <3 I'll do my best.

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 08:34 PM
Miyamoto as in the father of Mario, Luigi, and Donkey Kong.

His games... Can't stop playing Yoshi's Island...

Christoph
08-07-07, 09:05 PM
Heck yes. I WOULD be playing Mario right now if my TV actually worked. >.>

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 09:06 PM
See what I mean?

No ambition or work ethic whatsoever between us.

Artifex Felicis
08-07-07, 09:08 PM
Goddamnit! I want to watch cowboy bebop! STOP MAKING ME CHOOSE!

On the other side, I whole heartily support this and would offer Leon as an NPC for a cameo if I read that right.

Karuka
08-07-07, 09:08 PM
I have a couple of Shoes of Hard Rubber Sole for when I get up there.

Fair warning.

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 09:28 PM
What, no +4 Sunday Paper with the Parade section Materia?

Karuka
08-07-07, 09:37 PM
It's more of a Tuesday paper, but it's a New York Times, so.

+8

Elijah_Morendale
08-07-07, 09:40 PM
Ooooh...

p/-/34R t3h NYT...