PDA

View Full Version : Curmudgeon (An open introduction)

Lucid
04-24-06, 08:29 AM
Rastic listened to the sound of his own raspy breathing as people passed him on the damp cobblestone avenue. The moon cast his shadow before him so he could watch as it dipped and slithered over the rough pavestones. The air was cooling quickly and everything was sweating a fine layer of dew; including Rastic. He paused his steady shuffle for a moment to search the inside of his worn leather travel coat. He produced a packet of rolled tobacco leafs in his left hand, he tried to grab one with his right but had too much difficulty, "Bloody damp weather always makes things a pain in the ass," he thought before switching hands. He raised his eyes to the sky and brought one of the rolled leafs to his lip without looking this time. His gaze drifted back down to the street, there weren't too many people about at this time of night. Only a few drunks heading back early from the bar and the late boozers, like himself, just heading on their way there. He wiped a bead of sweat from his brow and continued walking.

The door of the tavern was worn, one could tell how it had accepted its years of abuse in the worn scratches and furrows in the wood. Rastic pushed it open a tad too forcefully, a few patrons turned their heads at the sound of the door banging open but most were too focused in drunken revelry or liquid-fueled amorous outings to pay any attention. Rastic let his gaze slide over the bar and noted how full it was. He also noticed, with a disappointing squeeze, how little money he had in his pouch. 'Getting more difficult to find a god honest job lately, I need to find a better scam operation...' The tobacco leaf rolled between his lips thoughtfully, shadows from the dancing torchlight cast him as a brewing devil. He made his way to a table, lighting his ciggarette on a brazier as he passed.

He sat at the table, smoke whisps trailing from his lips and nostrils for ten minutes before he'd smoked his leaf to a stump. The whole time he'd been there no waitress had stopped at his table. Irritated at the lack of service he looked back to the bar again, still full. The tobacco stub still smoking from the corner of his mouth, Rastic stood and maliciously slid his chair back under the table. 'A fine start to the night, the service is shit and where did all these new faces come from? Damn bastards think bars are for anyone, well locals everywhere know who should really be favored. Maybe these fools haven't heard of patronizing yet.'
He tapped the shoulder of the first man he didn't recognize seated at the bar. A young man that couldn't have been older than 23 turned to glare at Rastic.
"Can I help you friend..." The look the stranger gave Rastic made the words less of a question and more an insinuation of trouble if provoked.
"First, I don't know you. You're not my friend, if you were you wouldn't be sitting in my seat.' Rastic inhaled, then paused letting the smoke trail out slowly in the nobody's direction. He passed the tobacco butt to his left hand. 'I can tell already, however...that you aren't going to move for me, are you?"

The young mans brows furrowed quizzically, Rastic could feel the air around the youngster tensing. He tried to meet Rastics gaze but couldn't hold it. As the kid averted his eyes, Rastic saw his hand ball into a fist. Before any action could be taken, Rastic brought the all but finished burning ember down to connect with the mans wrist. The poor kids eyes immediately lost their drunken glaze and widened in genuine surprise. He gave out a yelp and clutched the seared flesh to his chest as if he'd just broken an arm as he slipped off the back of his chair. 'Bloody right pansy no doubt, well its all his fault anyways. Serves you right for taking another mans seat,' he rationalized. In mock concern he lifted the mans mug and turned to pour it over his forearm, "It'll help put the fire out," Rastic said with a cruel sneer.

The man looked miserable, rolling in the straw cradling a black dot on his arm. An expression of distaste rolled over Rastics face and he winged the mug at the young man, "Sonofabitch," he half muttered and turned his back on the man to face the barkeep, "Something strong goodman, and just keep bringing 'em."

Lucid
04-26-06, 08:33 PM
OOC: I'm attempting to start a quest under Osato. It involves the Scara Scourge and I need some fellow adventurers, dark characters too. More info can be found on the criminal wall in Scara Brae. This thread would work well as a way for our characters to meet IC as well. I know I'm new here, but I'm really eager to start writing with you all so please, if you're interested leave it here or PM me. My aim s/n's in my profile too..

Jazwind
07-14-06, 07:49 PM
Stupid humans. The thought bubbled in her brain. She had been sitting in this tavern for most of the day. Stealing from drunk humans was the easiest part of her job. Her pockits were heavy with the stolen silver and copper coins. Now she was happaly sipping a tall glass of apple cider. She looked to be seventeen, too young for most of the drinks. She dident care.

She sat on a stool near the right far corner. Her hair was long and white. It layed agnst her back. Two small white fox like ears sat atop her head. They twitched every once in a while and layed flat to her head. She wore a large grey over coat that hid her clothes. From under the coat a long odd looking tail was wrapped around the leg of the stool. The tail started with white fur but ended in green scales. The tip forked into two. She was slightly short, in human terms.

Her large amber eyes stared intently on the newcommer. She had been sitting here for most of the day, like before, watching people drink. Nothing exciteing had happened at all. She dident mean to stare, but it was humorous. The way humans act after only a few drinks. Her mother used to drink...,and acted stupid, but never vilent. At least not while she was drunk. The thought of her mother instently lead to a thought about her father. The brown leather coller around her neck felt heaver. A rather large ivory claw dangled from it. She had matching earrings of fangs.

She stared at her glass for a moment and finished her drink.

Quentin
07-14-06, 09:31 PM
Quentin walked into the old worn bar to see a young girl with her pockets full of money and a man ordering the strongest thing at the bar.Quentin walked up to the counter and said "I'm having what he's having."Quentin pointed to the man and said "How do you do mister my name is Quentin.What is your name?"Quentin then took his drink and took a drink of it and coughed a little.

Ebivoulya
07-25-06, 07:48 AM
A long and weary road greeted the eyes of any traveler to grace the humbled cobblestones of this dire city. The multitude of unsavory characters lining the grimy and overcrowded streets was enough to send any respectable citizen running for the nearest tavern of upscale selectivity. The comings and goings were enough to make any man invisible in plain sight, and those that realized this always seemed to come out on top.

God I’m tired…maybe a drink will pick me up.

Exiting the swirling mass of people was a tall figure with jet-black hair pulled into a low ponytail. His broad shoulders swaggered through the sea of people, finally bringing him to his long-awaited destination. Placing a gloved palm on the worn oak door, the man took a moment to adjust the strap of his sword, lowering the otherwise attention-grabbing ebony hilt into the darkened folds of his enveloping cloak. Entering the smoky bar, the swordsman nodded to the man whom he nearly bumped into, and made his way through even more people to the last open spot at the bar.

Alright, good timing.

While waiting for the bartender to bring him a drink a rather loud entrance dragged his attention from the profane expressions etched into the edge of the worn wooden countertop and up to the bar entrance. Through the throng of heads, he spied the newcomer. The man made his way to an empty table and took a seat, smoke billowing with each breath.

“Thank you.”

He muttered his appreciation to the bartender who finally decided to bring him his drink, and took a deep swig. Immediately opening his eyes a little wider, he discovered this ale was a fair bit stouter than any he had had at the other bars. This met with his approval, and he happily continued drinking, the problems of his day melting into the warmth. He occasionally glanced toward the various drunken arguments around the bar.

Hearing some commotion to his right, the half-elf turned to see someone staring down the guy next to him. When it looked like a fight was about to break out the stranger put his still-burning cigarette out on the man’s arm. The ensuing scream and look of shock nearly made him double over in laughter. He couldn’t hide his amusement as the guy even poured out the man’s drink on his forearm. He turned back to his drink and took another swig, still chuckling. Turning his head back to the new man sitting next to him, he spoke, his voice now slightly louder than it was fifteen minutes ago.

“Let me buy you one of those drinks. That was funniest shit I’ve seen all day.”

Before he could receive an answer, someone walked up to the bar from out of nowhere and stopped barely six inches from his face. After ordering a drink, the man then turned his back on him and started talking to the guy in the other seat.

The swordsman raised an eyebrow.

The hell does he think he’s doing?

Jazwind
07-28-06, 08:45 PM
Jazwind got tired of waiting for someone to ask if she needed anything and walked to the bar. She was bare foot and her long pointed nails clicked on the floor. She jumped up on a stool useing her crossbreeded tail to help her. She looked at the lady, who was completely ignoring her,and asked. "Mam. My I please get another glass of cider?" The lady contenued to ignore her. It would have been different if she was busy but the dumb blond was stareing off into space.

Jazwind let a low growl and slamed her glass on the bar. The lady snaped her head twords her her eyes wide. "Can...can I help you?" Jazwind noded with a happy smile. "I said I wanted another glass of cider...please" The lady took the empty glass and went to a back room. Jazwind purred slightly but her tail flickered.

Quentin
08-03-06, 09:24 PM
ooc:I resent that what you said about the dumb blonde thing jazwind.

ic:Quentin turned around when he heard someone slam their glass down.He saw that it was only the catwoman getting mad at the dumb blonde.He the saw that there was another guy at the bar and he said "Hi my name is Quentin.What is your name?"Quentin then sat at a table and ordered a bowl of stew.He then waited for the bar fight to begin somewhere.

Jazwind
08-05-06, 09:45 AM
occ: I wasent speaking about all blonds. Just the twit behind the counter. Im sorry if I offended you.

Quentin
08-06-06, 04:47 PM
ooc:I was just joking with you jazzwind.You still up for the quest thing.

Jazwind
08-08-06, 05:17 PM
Occ: Yeah if Lucid ever responds

Lucid
08-08-06, 11:19 PM
OOC: If you guys still want to rp this thread I'll make an effort to post as soon as possible, tomorrow if I can. Please understand that my work schedule is rigorous and often erratic, as such it has been difficult for me lately to find the time I feel a good post deserves. Also, be warned, Rastic is not a pleasant fellow. Things may not go as you would imagine. One last thing, please try to keep the OOC chatter to a minimium, it clutters the thread and could be done just as easily with PM's, Gracias.

~Lucid

Osato
08-18-06, 08:34 PM
This was submitted to be judged, and though it is 11 posts barely half of those are IC. So accordingly, I will be closing it. It is not long enough to be judged with the rubric.

In the future, please refrain from OOC posts, without IC posting. It is an eye sore.

Quentin: You taking offense to Jazwind's post about blonds is somewhat rediculous. If you have a problem in the future please address it via PM's. In this case I would suggest commenting about it IC'ly, or looking over it since it did not concern you. If you are truly took an OOC offense by a IC post, next time report the post to the moderators and explain your reason for reporting it.

Jazwind: Please, in this case send a PM to Quentin and explain your roleplaying. If he took offense please try and work it out through PM's, or PM a moderator and ask them to help.

Lucid: Thanks for at least trying to straighten things out...

AND WITH THAT! This thread is closed. No rewards of exp or gold. Thank you.