PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tiers and such

Breaker
08-14-07, 07:53 PM
There doesn't seem to be a questions thread around anymore, and I'm just looking for a little clarification on some stuff. Most of these questions refer to the "Materials and descriptions" thread found here http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2577

1. I'm assuming (I'm pretty sure this is right) that the numbers in brackets next to the metals are tiers. How come metals are the only materials that have tiers?

2. Titanium is tier (10) and Prevaldia is tier (9). Is titanium stronger now? (This may seem like a stupid question, but Prevaldia used to be the stronger of the two.)

3. Is titanium weak to magical attacks/does it imbue well?

4. Half of the description for delyn is missing. That's not really a question, but I'm wondering what it is, aside from good with magic.

Karuka
08-14-07, 07:55 PM
The numbers don't describe tiers, since we don't really go by tier anymore. The numbers describe hardness, as it says in the post, I believe.

Titanium is really gunpowder stuff, and hard to obtain, and someone else will have to pick up about delyn.

Artifex Felicis
08-14-07, 08:01 PM
For the number question

When you see the words "hard" or "tough," please learn the following definitions. "Hard" refers to the resistance of a material to changes in its shape such as scratches, bends, or dents. "Tough" refers to the tendency to resist shattering. When the word "Strength" is used, it tries to approach a blend of the two, but some materials use the words "hard" and "tough" for more clarity. I have assigned a number from 1-10 for the material's "strength." This strength number does not mean that a strength of 10 automatically slices through a strength of 1, but merely that all things being equal, one material is a bit stronger than the other.

Not so much tiers, but they are simply strength of the material.

2. Sighter messed around with titanium, so it ISN'T like its Earth version, but a rare Althanas version. That number is to signify it's rarity and stuff, since the best guns are made out of it. Still, that particular little mark was made by him, and he could explain better.

3. It does neither. It is simply highly resistant to a suddenly blunt force, but does not hold an edge well or deal well with physical concussion.

4. I don't know, never noticed. It wasn't like that before I know though. I shall go to fix it now.

Breaker
08-14-07, 08:32 PM
3. It does neither. It is simply highly resistant to a suddenly blunt force, but does not hold an edge well or deal well with physical concussion.

This applies to titanium? In that case, that information should be added to the description in the thread, because titanium sounds like an ideal metal for a sword or dagger according to its current description.