PDA

View Full Version : Wanting a staff

Karla
08-14-07, 10:16 PM
Karla was feeling a bit stupid. She had taken up the healing arts, but she couldn't really do much without something to channel the energy through. It was an oversight she could do without, so she decided to head to the bazaar to get something lightweight that couldn't be used to hurt someone very easily. After browsing the store for 3 minutes she finally saw what she wanted. It was a silver staff. She knew she didn't have enough for it, but at least she knew the type of weapon she wanted to buy.

Karla walked up to the shop keeper and asked in a happy tone "Do you have any staffs that are cheaper than the one displayed?"

Artifex Felicis
08-14-07, 10:31 PM
"well then, it all depends on what you want miss," the shopkeeper replied promptly. It was a simpler transaaction then most. He KNEW staff prices off the top of his head. "The silver is very expensive, but an oak staff is merely 30 gold pieces. Does that fit your need?"

Karla
08-14-07, 10:35 PM
Karla thought about this. She needed to save some of her money for emergencies, after much thought she finally decided how much she was willing to spend.

"Do you have anything in the 300 to 400 gold range?" She asked.

Artifex Felicis
08-14-07, 10:49 PM
A low whistle went out from the merchant.

"You can get many a staff with that type of gold miss. The silver one is my most expensive, and she's 400. Quite a beauty though. The tip on the bottom is wood however, but very high grade Oak, so the silver doesn't get scratched too much."

Karla
08-14-07, 11:14 PM
Karla was deep in thought about this. She had the money, sure, but was 100 gold enough for emergencies? Still, it was that exact staff that caught her eye in the first place.

"Wow, I thought that it would be pricier. Ok. I will take that one, then."

Artifex Felicis
08-15-07, 06:11 AM
((Terribly sorry, needed sleep.))

"Not at problem, I'm glad the staff is finally going to a good home. Be careful though, she's not as tough as steel."

The merchant got up from behind his desk after fumbling for a keyring for a few moments. The glass in the cabinet was the only real preventative measure to protect the staffs inside from theft. even still, very few thieves came by his shop. A couple out moments after trying to find the right key passed, and he finally opened the door with a creek. He took out the silver cane with care; it was his most expensive inventory. He brought it back to his counter, gently lying it down.

"So this does suit your fancy? Just the payment and she will be yours."

Karla
08-15-07, 10:11 AM
Karla placed the money on the table. It didn't exactly leave her with much money, but she didn't care. She had gotten a great deal on an excellent staff.

If I understand this 200 (300) gold thing correctly, I should have enough. If not, please let me know.

Artifex Felicis
08-15-07, 06:19 PM
The merchant took the cash, secretly glad that he could close up shop early that day. The staff was handed over without any sturggle. "Thanks for shopping here, have a good day!"

((You're golden, and have enough. Unless you want more I shall submit this for gold reduction at the end of the night.

Transaction Currently Complete!
400 gold taken away, 100 remains at time of thread completion.))