PDA

View Full Version : Devote thee to Cruelty (open)

Setkun Qarr
08-20-07, 09:37 AM
"...Where you proud turrets crown the rock, seest thou a wander stand? He sighs to hear the castle clock, say midnight is at hand..."

There was only pure black and a silvery circle hanging low in an endless, colourless stretch of night sky in which he, Setkun Qarr, appeared the focal point, sat atop a lone, windcarved dune. The dusty, grainy ground, the atmosphere all felt unreal, invisible, yet tangible as the silver haired mage pressed his cold fingers into the desert sand around him, sitting upright. Then, as the words of his poem drifted in and out of his mind like a lost raft at sea taken on a crest of soft monologue, in what seemed an age, the phantom-esque form of his right hand fell to his side melodramtatically.

“Amid a torrent of tears, the viewless forms of air obey. Fallien has many ghosts, and many more to come."

The words, though not spoken through his half parted lips, were Setkun's own, reflected in the light of his mind, a place alone where he could convey everything he wanted into pictures. Sometimes, he wondered, could he have been dreaming?

If this was a dream, Setkun could not understand how. He could feel the pit of his stomach turning upside down, his heart racing as it pumped blood to his brain, the cool surroundings on the tips of his nerves tingle and heard the words of this mysterious, white veiled figure as reality would have them. Everything seemed so real here.

As he slowly put one bloodied foot in front of the other, Setkun paced towards his Blood Quartz, almost drooling at the mouth. He lusted for it. He obsessed for its power, its gift. It was as if the crystal itself was seducing him, pulling him towards its naked body, ready to take him into a whole world of erotica that he could only dream of. He could feel his loins stirring into a feeling he had never felt before…

Suddenly, as soon as his scarred fingers wrapped tenderly around the husk of the sacred artefact to embrace it, it was all gone. White snapped instantly into black, the cool sensation of the scenery turned into the hammering of the Fallien rain upon his face, the large droplets of water pounding his skin and forming forked rivers down his forehead and over his eyes. Setkun felt the moist, shifting sand underneath his shoulders and every wheezing breath he let out from his body caused him a measure of pain he could not understand. As each sense finally kicked back into life, he opened his eyes slowly and greeted the sky with a scowl. There, where the gods were busy mocking him for his weakness, was where he had been. But now there was a new face, a living one...

Lexxum_Vordic
09-08-07, 02:25 PM
In the dune sea we gathered somewhere near to where the mysterious warrior Setkun awaited. We were on the hunt for another vile creature but the scent in the air caught my attention. I felt a great surge of power manifesting from somewhere towards the South of my current position. I hated having to leave my kindred, but something about the strange energies I felt burned in my gut calling upon my instinctive, predatory nature. I felt the urge to explore, but I was active Alpha Male. I had to plead my case to the others. Six lurked with me that day. I had to put another warrior in charge.

Pleading my case to the others I convinced them that the Fallen Ones called me to investigate a certain matter. They were most displeased about me leaving the group but didn't object at the mention of the Fallen Ones. My people had great Faith in the old ways. The Althanas-Mother, Suravani, worked in mysterious ways and granted me a blessing. I knew that on this day for rain was rare out on the dune sea. Drawn to the mysterious power that the crystal generated, I wanted to see the power for myself. I wanted to possess it, to own it if I could.

The scent of the mysterious warrior drew me to him quickly and I felt the urge to hunt. I wanted to spill blood but I resisted my more primal instincts for the moment. If I needed to kill the stranger, I could do so easily by using the talents of my people. I crawled across the dune sea stealthily making my way towards the source of the scent. I saw a figure atop one of the many sand hills and the bone armor around my eyes frowned. It seemed that the stranger was a soft skin! Anger burned with volcanic fury at the sight of the stranger, but alas, he was also the source of the great power.

I stopped, keeping low to the sands when I was just a few yards away from the mysterious warrior. The power I sensed coming from his person was too great to ignore and I didn't want to get careless. I eyed him for a long moment and his posture caught my interest. He seemed like he was working some act of archaic properties. The rain fell down upon my person and felt cold and uncomfortable. I crawled the rest of the way towards the stranger and emerged from the sands a few feet before, from his front side. I clearly out-sized and out-weighed this man. The thoughts of possibly being able to take him out right from the off crossed my mind. Still though I wanted to wait and see what he was scheming. My thoughts were murderous, but I could wait a bit longer.

I hissed at him with perfect Common Speak, accented by the ways of my people.

"Why do you Mortals threaten the sanctuary of Suravani once more. Why do you disturb the hunt? What business have you out here in the dune sea where no Mortals belong?" I inquired of the man, I couldn't contain my anger.