PDA

View Full Version : Shiny!

streak101
08-25-07, 02:32 PM
Banda exited the clothing store, still holding the bags of clothes in his hands. That's done. Hmm... I wonder what else I could buy while I'm here... Banda sat down on a bench outside of the shop, he laid down the clothing next to him. He emptied his pockets and laid down all his belongings on top of the clothing. He analyzed each item carefully.

The dragon figurine had lost some of its shine, but still didn't look broken at all so Banda put that back into his pockets. He went through each of his items until he reached his sword. The blade was chipped here and there, and rust was spreading to the core of the blade. Banda sighed, "Yep, I desperately need a new blade." Banda put away the items, grabbed his clothes, and carried his sword in the other hand.

He walked down the street hoping to find what he was looking for. He stopped in front of a building, there was a sign overhead that read: The Tradehouse: We have EVERYTHING! Banda stepped through the door and walked over to the counter. He placed his sword on the table, leaving it there for whoever wanted a piece of scrap metal.

Banda searched the store, the items were all organized by type of item, making it easy to find the swords. He browsed through them, and picked one from the shelves. From the color of the blade, Banda immediately guessed it was prevalida. He hefted the claymore, swinging it around to get a feel for it. He grinned, it was just what he was looking for.

He brought the sword to the counter, "Can anyone help me? I'm looking to purchase this sword."

Moonlit Raven
08-27-07, 11:40 PM
The sound of a voice drew Keller out from the back room. On ancient legs he hurried, as fast as he could, up to the counter. Laying the oiled rag he used to polished weapons aside Keller looked over the sword the young man on the other side of the counter had chosen.

With a low whistle he took the sword from the young man. Rough and scarred hands deftly handled the blade despite their gnarled appearance. A smiled split his scruffy, weathered face displaying startlingly white teeth.

"Good choice, boy. This weapon will run you 5800 gold." Keller laid the weapon on the counter gently.

streak101
08-28-07, 07:05 PM
Banda cringed at the price, he sighed, even if he tried to barter for a lower price, it was obvious he could not afford the blade, "Eh...Nevermind then, how about one of these made out of reinforced steel? And can you polish it too? One more thing, I'd like the hilt to be wrapped and sealed in a red cloth." Banda nervously asked, mentally slapping himself for not realizing the amount of gold he would have needed for the blade.

Moonlit Raven
08-30-07, 08:54 PM
Keller clucked his tongue in sympathy at the young man's expression.

"Of course we carry Claymore's in re-enforced steel. If you give me a day I'll have one polished and have the hilt done how you want it. The price for it will be 550 gold. Half now and half when you pick it up."

Split your post to allow Banda the day of liquid time.

streak101
08-31-07, 11:19 PM
"Alright then," Banda placed down 225 gold onto the counter; half of what the weapon was going to cost, "I'll see you tomorrow then." He left the shop.

The next day, Banda came back to the shop, of course the shopkeep was there, and he placed the other 225 gold on the counter, "I'm here to pick up my Claymore?"

Moonlit Raven
09-05-07, 12:07 AM
"Good day sir." Keller greeted, he picked up the gold and put it in the stores strong box before he went to fetch the sword. Returning from the back area Keller removed the cloth protecting the claymore and offered it up to the young man.

"Right beautiful she is. I hope you treat her well."

Transaction complete. Streak 101 loses 550 gold, gains re-enforced steel claymore and 100 EXP for good IC relations.