PDA

View Full Version : Out Here All Night

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-27-07, 09:59 PM
Closed to Firestrife.

I stood alone in the night, a deep sigh escaping between my black lips. Countless stars pierced the crystal clear sky. Miles in the distance, I could see the peaks of the Comb Mountains, a moon that was a week shy of being full slowly creeping over the jagged tops. A slight breeze blew through the field, causing the knee-high grass to rustle and brush up against my velvet dress. Several feet in front of me ran a shallow brook--aside from the wind, the water lapping on the shore was the only noise that reached my ears. My left hand casually clutched my right elbow as I took in the scenery, occasionally brushing a few rogue strands of wind-swept hair out of my face. This was a beautiful example of Corone's countryside.

So, out of all the places that the monks of Ai'Brone could've sent me, what in the name of whatever deity this fuck-up can be blamed on was I doing here?

I can't say I remember the last half an hour all that well. I walked into the massive, elegant marble halls of the Citadel and approached a monk, asking him to quell my boredom (sadly, the Civil War here in Corone has made work scarce for me--anyone who needed to die were already served by the Inquisition). One of the other monks mumbled something to his companion, and they complimented me on my previous victory, asking if I liked my prize. I kept tight-lipped about the Storm Sphere, until they got the hint and showed me to one of the nearby doors.

And here I stand in this field, waiting ever-so-patiently for my next opponent. I sighed again, this time with an overtone of impatience. Let's hope whoever it is gets here soon; I'm not sure how much more of this serenity I can handle.

Firestrife
08-28-07, 06:13 PM
Shaifs jumped on the opportunity as soon as he was given word by a monk who he could call 'friend'. "Heheh.. a new competitor and no one else claimed yet? Thanks chief, remind me to drink one for you when this is finished."

"..don't insult me."

In a joking manner he snarled at the cursed fool, with a chuckle the humanoid boy patted the monk on the shoulder and walked away. "Two drinks then, don't go anywhere chief, you're going to heal me as soon as I get back."

It was the last thing Shaifs said as he dipped into the deep shadows created by the hallway. Eventually he made his way to a large field. As he spread his vision across the generated field Shaifs came ankle deep into the shallow brook. He then looked at his competitor with surprise. 'Shit.. a woman? What the hell is she wearing, I ain't here to dance..'

"Oy! Woman if you come here to fight, just leave. I don't like trouncing on the weak."

Shaifs belted out from the stream, reaching behind him, coiling each individual finger around the thick hilt of his monolithic blade. His blade, Meta stood as long as Shaifs was tall. "If you want to play, I'll do you a favor I'll only use my right hand, so attack me if you're not scarred Missy."

BlackAndBlueEyes
08-29-07, 08:19 AM
A disturbance in the water snapped me from my daze. I turned my head slightly, catching a glimpse of a man approaching me. The first thing that caught my eye was his spiky mane of blue hair. He was also dressed darkly, much like myself, and had these strange arrowhead-like markings on either side of his face. As he spoke, his voice gave me the impression that he was quite the push-over. I've seen this type of guy before--they think they're hot shit, running around the world doing whatever they please. Their bark is far worse than their bite. I would have no trouble taking this guy down.

I shook my head as I responded. "Weak? We'll see how that goes when I'm standing over your mangled corpse, cleaning my daggers of your entrails."

I quickly analyzed my opponent further, my eyes darting between all the weak points that the human body has. He didn't appear to be wearing any armor, but I noticed that his hand was gripping a long hilt, one that lead to a long, thick steel blade that glistened in the moon light. The man appeared ready to whip the sword out; I had to get it away from him. Being cleaved in half wasn't on my agenda for today.

Even though I'm not terribly confident in my skills with my weapons, I reached behind and released my twin kris daggers from their sheathes, the spidersilk that formed the grips sticking to my hands. Hand to hand was almost out of the question up against a sword like that. I immediately took a defensive stance, positioning my arms so they'd be ready to slash at him no matter what sort of attack he'd make.

Taskmienster
10-02-09, 03:33 PM
This thread has been waiting for over a year. If you would like to complete it, or work on it further, you can PM myself or another staff member and ask for it to be moved. However, till that time, it will be resting in the Citadel Archive forum.

Thanks,
~Task