PDA

View Full Version : Eireann (Re-reg, no updates)

Seether
04-25-06, 05:03 PM
Name: Eireann (Reann for short. It was adopted by him after he entered a bar and was asked for a name but couldn’t give one. It was given to him by the bartender.)

Race: Wolf-human Hybrid

Description/Appearance: Reann stands at a height of about 5'4", weighing in at 137 lbs, and looks to be about 14 years of age but in reality he is about 19. He prefers not to wear footwear of any kind, mainly because his feet are actually more like paws then actual feet, and his legs show the prominent wolf hind leg feature of backward bending knees. His waist is what most would consider average in diameter, about 23 or so inches and his tail extends about two feet behind him and is very bushy. His stomach, chest and shoulders are well muscled and because of this he prefers to go without a shirt. His arms extend to just below waist length and are well seasoned and muscled, which gives him a slight advantage in the hand to hand combat he enjoys so much. His hands add to this ‘advantage’ as well because although they are shaped and work like that of a humans, they are also come equipped with inch long claws that extend from where a humans fingernails would normally grow. His neck is a human styled neck, in that it is about average length and diameter and extends from his shoulder blades to the base of his skull. His head has the general appearance of a human head except for the long tufted ears that extend above his head. His hair is normally cut short but it is hardly noticeable because of his fur. His eyes are the color of the midday sun and his mouth is lined with sharpened white dentures instead of the standard human teeth and wolf like fangs. His fur is a snow white color with the occasional sprinkling of gray on his forehead, down his spine and at the tip of his tail.

Personality: Quick to joke and even quicker to fight Reann is what some, or maybe most, would consider as short tempered. Quick to take offense to both his nature and appearance, and to those like him, Reann will fight those who voiced the comments no matter the disadvantage and he will do so until he is either dead or they are dead. He gives no quarter and cares not if he dies in the defense of those he respects, loves and cares for. However, despite this ‘temperament problem’ Reann, once befriended, is very respectful and courteous and will go to great lengths to ensure that those who show him great respect as well, get what they deserve. A slap of meat, some cat nip, a fresh log or maybe, even, a pat on the back or a hug.

Weapons: Reann prefers not to wield weapons created by those who look down upon him and despise him, so he has gone to great lengths to see that all his weapons are made by someone he can trust. Himself. He currently has a homemade dagger of bone, which was crafted from the femur bone of a dead human he found on the side of the road and had the stabbing/slashing power to penetrate most leather armors. He also has a leather hide sling and 50 small stone pebbles by which to launch from the sling, which can cause minor damage to those armored in steel, moderate damage to those armored in leather and major to those who are unarmored. This of course, also matters on where exactly he hits his target. He also, of course, has his teeth, fists, feet and claws to use at his disposal. (When a claw or tooth is broken or knocked out it generally takes about two to three weeks for a replacement to grow back.)

Clothing: As stated in his description Reann prefers not to wear foot wear or a shirt so at the moment all he is wearing is a pair of loose fitting wool trousers that extend to the knee before taking on a shredded appearance. They are a light tan color.

Armor: None! Yay for me!

Items: One human femur bone dagger, one sling, fifty stone pebbles and a small scrap of paper which reads “You will find your questions answers in the setting of the sun.”

Acquired Items/Weapons from Previous site: One Oak bow with 32 flint tipped arrows and according quiver and belt. A serrated dagger that is sharpened on only one side, is slightly curved and is constructed of a human femur bone.

Skills:

Marksmanship: Having a sling Reann would of course, be naturally gifted with aiming at stuff, preferably moving targets or targets at a great distance. His current skill level, at level 0, lets him hit a slow moving target at twenty-five yards, a stationary target at thrity-five yards and a fast moving target (running or sprinting) at fifteen yards. With the bow (should you chose to let me have it) lets him hit targets that are stationary at fifty yards, slow moving at thirty-five and fast moving targets at twenty.

Dagger wielding proficiency: As well as his marksmanship Reann also takes great pride in his ability to wield a dagger. This skills level, being at 0, allows him to find major crags and cracks in ones armor if it’s in the armor group of leather plate or less.

Agility: (Didn’t know if this was going to be self-explanatory or not so I just put in under skills.) Again due to his wolf nature Reann is naturally very limber on two feet and even more so on all fours. With senses that double that of an average human, but fall slightly short of that of a wolf, Reann is able to very nearly ‘see into the future’ when judging an opponents attack. This allows him to block faster, dodge faster and run at greater speeds and jump to greater heights. This ‘future’ sight however, like most natural senses, is all based on guesses and hopes so half the time, they’re wrong resulting in either to slow a reaction or a wounding. The probability of Reann dodging a maneuver at level 0 is probably 1 in 5 and that’s against another level 0. The ratio increases with every level after that. The ratio decreases with every level Reann advances.

Night Vision: (Again, is this a given or what?) Reann has a slightly better field of vision most other none half breeds thus allowing him to see clearer during both the day and during the night. During the night he can see effectively in every direction for about 25 feet or so, as if there was a half moon. This field of vision increases with every level.

Magical Abilities:

Howl: Being half wolf and all, Reann can naturally howl like one. This skill is designed to do two things, one, instill great fear (depends on their level of course) in his opponents and two, strengthen his moral and aid his fighting capability. At level 0, he can howl up to two times during a battle and each howl has an effect run time of about 15 seconds. (This again, depends on the level of the opponent but the run time doesn’t change when affecting Reann.)

Background: Eireann, or Reann, who was once known as Eric Anneson, wasn’t always a hybrid wolf-human. He was once a simple farmer who lived a simple life, on a simple crop farm who had married a simple wife and who have fathered three simple children into three more simple farmers with simple crop farms with simple wives and simple children. Eric was by far, the most simple man you could ever hope to come across, ever. That was until, his life took a turn towards the unexpected.

The day had started simple enough, as it always did for him. He woke up in the morning, rolled over to give his wife a tiny kiss on the cheek, then rolled out of bed, stretched and made his way slowly down stairs to ready the pot of coffee. Once this was finished and he had had his morning buzz Eric wound his way outside with a small stool in hand and a large gray bucket to go and milk the family cow. Then he would sit for about 45 minutes, milking the cow with steady practiced hands before releasing it to graze in the large pasture plot behind the farm house. Then he would dump the milk into the butter churn for his wife so that she could tell the kids to make butter for that days market. He’d then put up the stool and make his way to the barn to clean and cure the plow horse so he could start on the south field so that he could plant this years crop. That was when something happened.

At first Eric didn’t notice the change and continued about his standard, simple routine but the change didn’t go unnoticed for long. He had just finished curing and rigging his plow horse to the plow and was just starting to walk it out of the barn door when he noticed the change. There he stood, dumb stuck and utterly horrified at what he saw.

Throughout the night it had been raining lightly and breezing and Eric had predicted that a storm would probably be coming within the next few days. He had been right it seemed but this wasn’t the kind of storm he had predicted. His prediction involved a minor thunderstorm, max, but not this. Not...this...

The farm house was gone. Just gone. Completely. No foundation, nothing. All of it. His wife, his pot of coffee, his three children, his favorite rocking chair, the butter churn. Everything just simply gone.

Eric stood blinking at where his house had once stood, wondering what to do. Nothing, he could do nothing. All he could do was stand there, stare and remember. It was at this time that the severity of the situation hit him full on. He sank slowly to his knees, plow and plow horse forgotten alike, and began to weep in long drawn out sobs that seemed to be wrenched forth from his very soul. Words began to form on his mouth. Words about his wife, his children, his pot of coffee, the favorite rocking chair, the butter churn, all of it. Poring out of his mouth faster then he could think, or cry for that matter.

It was then, in and amongst the sobs and words, that the next strange thing occurred. A voice, sweet and sincere, called to Eric, telling him not to cry, telling him not to weep and mourn for his family was still alive.

Eric’s weeping faded and he opened his eyes. There, standing before him shrouded in the brightest light he had ever seen, was a shape, much like a human but he could see, without having to see for he was nearly blinded by that light, that it wasn’t quite human.

Don’t cry, it said in those sincere tones of sympathy. Don’t be sad for your family is still alive!

But how? Eric replied through red lips and tears. But how are they still alive and why can’t I see them?

Because I’m not letting you. I will however, if you complete a mission for me. A mission that will benefit both of us.

Eric was sure the thing was smiling behind its veil of light and he was sure it wasn’t friendly but still, he couldn’t put down the fact that maybe it was telling the truth.

Okay, Eric said simply. I will help you but you must promise me, promise me that my family will be returned to me when I’m done.

He was sure the thing was smiling again but he nodded and said yes.

Now, it said quietly. It’s time to begin.

Then something strange and interesting at the same time happened to Eric. The white light, which had by this time rendered his eyes almost useless, expanded to encompass him entirely. He knew not what happened to the plow or plow horse, nor did he care for the light was everything and nothing, all at the same time.

At first it was soft, caressing, calling to him softly then the voices and caresses took on a new tone, a new pitch. The caresses turned to scratching, the soft voices turned to screeches and the white light, became black. The last thing Eric knew, felt and saw as a human was pain, suffering and death. The black engulfed him and smothered him like a snuffed candle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

When he awoke he was laying in the same spot only the same spot, if it could be called that, had changed. Grass, long and tall, stretched for miles and miles in every direction. The rusted form of a plow rested beside him but he hardly recognized it. He stood, on very shaky legs, and looked around him. The first thing he noticed, besides the grass, was that he was now slightly shorter then before and could see and smell with greater proficiency. That was when he looked down.

His scream filled the hills and valleys of the land around him for a good twenty seconds before all else fell silent once more. No longer was he Eric the simple human farmer. The rough coat of a wolfs, or at least, a wolf-humans fur met his shaky eyes and equally shaky hands. He stood, to scared to move, for what seemed an eternity before finally looking up at the sky. That was when he remembered the promise he bestowed upon the light figure, for he remembered everything of that moment but nothing before.

I will help you but you must promise me, promise me that my family will be returned to me when I’m done.

The words rang hollowly in his head as he looked back down to the ground. His family. His family...would never accept him as a wolf-human. His clenched fist ground inch long claws into his flesh and he whined in pain. The sound should have surprised him but it didn’t. He was what he was and there wasn’t anything that could change it.

He sighed and was about to leave when two things buried in the grass caught his eye. One was a bleach white bone, it looked like a humans arm bone, and the other was a small piece of white parchment with the words ‘You will find your questions answers in the setting of the sun,’ before being shredded. He couldn’t make head or tail of the words but he decided that they must mean something. He pocketed the parchment and bent to retrieve the bone.

As he pulled it from the ground, it was stuck deep, something rattled itself loose from the underbrush beside it. A leather thong about two feet in length with a small leather pouch in the center fell to rest at his feet and he stared at it for a moment before bending to retrieve it was well.

It was a sling.

And so, with bone and sling in hand, he find pebbles later, the man that was once Eric set off down the hill towards what he didn’t know but he was sure it involved, in some way, a family he couldn’t remember and a white encompassed figure he didn’t recognize. Looming up behind him and out of his relative sense of notice was the remnant of a large barn, leaning dangerously to the left with holes the size of a mans head and larger dotting the roof and wall.

It looked to have been standing there for at least a hundred years but somehow, it still remained standing. The figure of the wolf-human disappeared into the surrounding countryside, never once looking back and never once seeing the last remnant of his forgotten past.

((OOC: On the previous site I believe I had close to 500 EXP. Maybe a little less than 475. It is at your discretion on whether or not I get this back, I really don’t care.

Cyrus the virus
04-26-06, 01:35 PM
A hundred yards is like... Far as hell. I couldn't even sling a stone that far, let alone hit something. Well maybe I could sling it that far. Hm. Anyway, I feel that the marksmanship is too good for level 0, and would like you to lower it quite a bit.

Seether
04-26-06, 06:42 PM
Edited.

Cyrus the virus
04-26-06, 07:22 PM
Good beans.