PDA

View Full Version : "New dogs, old tricks"

Maia
08-29-07, 09:57 PM
((Closed to Kially))

"The Aglarlin School is of Glory and Blessing, as well as Honor and Power," the teacher spoke in a clear voice that filled the room. She was a spry elf, with brilliant eyes and her hair cut shorter then most of her kin so it barely touched the nape of her neck. Her name was written in block letters in common, much to Maia's joy. Maia had yet to master the elvish language beyond asking for a sandwich and for a room to sleep in. The university offered something that enticed Maia far more then most other guilds or schools did; especially since its open doors welcomed everyone.

"When one of your human songs are called epic, the same style usually applies to Aglarlin," the teacher continued. The elf, who gave her name as Uruviel Telrúnya, rose from her seat and began to walk along the room. It was not like any other classroom that Maia had ever been in. The class was nearly private, only her and one other small boy who wanted to come along with the girl to see the inside of the breathtaking spire. Even then, this class was only offered as practice for Uruviel herself. She wished to be test her own teaching method before seeking a spot among the Deans. Failing in front of them would set her further back in her ambitions. Each of the occupants had their own pillow to sit on and the rest of the room was bare except for a large table where several glass orbs sat silent and reflecting.

"An Aglarlin song is marked by a quick speed, of slow grace and inspiring intensity that is stretched over a short time," she continued, turning and facing her two students. "Unlike Dagorlin who must complete their spell quickly, a spell from the Aglarlin school can take some time to complete, but it will never be unpleasant to the ears if performed correctly." Uruviel smiled at her two students, bright eyes sharing in its warmth. "I am sure that you know of the three styles that any Song may take. It may be performed for others, for yourself, or for your equipment."

The graceful elf bent down and picked up one of several glass spheres on the table. All of the elvish grace in the world could not have hidden the weight of the object, hidden by its small size. "Watch closely, both of you." Several notes left the elf's mouth, raising quickly, controlled and ready. Her hand and the glass immediately lifted, and she rest the orb upon two delicate fingers without any trace of effort. She lightly tossed the orb from hand to hand, the glass seemly gliding through the air rather than tossed.

"As you can see, I have reduced my tool to the weight of a bird's feather," the teacher explained. She put it back down on the table, where it rolled before a finger stopped it in its tracks. "It is comparatively simple to learn, but hard to master. In these basic stages neither of you will need to sing, but it will help you concentrate."

Kially Gaith
09-09-07, 02:54 PM
((NPC Bunny + Past Character interaction permitted.))

Kially sat patiently as he gave a curious ear to the woman who spoke before himself and the lady he had met a single day earlier, he listened intently, eager to learn ever since the kind lady who had enchanted his ribbon had perhaps enchanted his young heart into the workings of magic.

The feminine elf continued speaking on her way, a pre-initialised plan of action for this lesson having been completely written out to accommodate towards the two whom had randomly been lucky enough for this chance of education. “Now, many ways are possible to achieve the desired effect when attempting to enchant, as you can see, here…” She quietly motions to the ball taking it in hand, holding it up with a single finger, showing its’ lack of weight. “I have made this orb as light as a feather, as I have already stated…If you watch closer still, I will teach you too!” The statement came with much enthusiasm, obviously an attempt to entrap the interest of the ‘entire’ class.

Kially, cross legged, watched the teacher as she spoke as his eyes admired her and just past her, to the board behind her with the writing which was more than likely the teachers name, putting shame behind him, he quietly spoke out to the well dressed and confident educator. “Excooz me, wha’s that say, please?” Politely, he pointed a half lifted finger to that of the words on the board. He was completely unable to read such complexity.

After question was given, the boys eyes flickered over the woman spaced approximately half a meter away from him, a moment was taken in the memory of their random and perhaps shapely meeting. Kially had fallen and cut open his knee during a random walk of exploration. Maia had kindly helped him out, having cleaned up his knee and healed it as best she could. Finally, his memories faded back into the current situation, and hopefully the reply of the kindly teacher when she finished her featured sentence in her lesson.