PDA

View Full Version : Eleven Year Old Nightmare

Toy Soldier
04-25-06, 10:32 PM
~ Re-registering after crash incident. Zieg should have my EXP totals. I know I was level 3 and had over 10,000 experience points. ~

Oak Grove Orphanage Complex
Cabinet File: E
Folder: 112
File Data Recorder: Vaughn O'Brien

Note: *To all possible clients, do not take into consideration the "red tag" that's been stamped to this resident. Resident number 112, "Tobias Battalion" is not like the others have said. He is a good natured boy with much to give to a potential family. His unfairly tainted reputation should be disregarded when debating on whether or not this fine child will be suitable for your family. I've had the privilege of spending the last several years with this young man and I tell you, he does not by any means deserve placement in the "E" Cabinet File, let alone a Blemish on his record. However, because it is my job to report everything I see and hear about Tobias, I MIGHT have things written down that can be quite disturbing. But please, don’t judge the child by the few things that he might’ve done wrong because he really and truly is a kind boy at heart.*

~

First Name: Tobias
Last Name((Original)): Battalion
Race: Human
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 105 lbs.
Hair: Pitch Black
Eyes: Crystal Blue

Appearance: Upon your first glance at him, you'll wonder how so many negative things could be said about this boy. He is just the most innocent child you'll come across. His brown skin is smooth, always healthy looking. His hair is normally very woolly when long, but we recently had the boys cut their hair because potential buyers who came in trying to find a son to love thought these long haired boys to be dirty looking so they passed over them. Tobias has a fine haircut now with a very sharp shape up! Good job Oak Grove barbers!

Clothing: Apparently, I still have to update this same category each year. *Sigh* I suppose another year shouldn't hurt. Anyway, the orphanage has recently receive a substantial amount of funding from the government for children who have been here more than five years. With this additional financial gift, we were able to restock our food supply, repair time instilled damages to the facility, renovate the rooms of our residents, and also purchase newer clothes for them. Usually, the policy at Oak Grove is that we order them by the boxes from "Save and Gain", a clothing department in the Northern section of Radasanth. Once the boxes arrive, we sift through the boxes containing their appropriate sizes and give garments that all relatively look the same. They have us do this so as to not show favoritism among them, leaving them to feel more neglected then they already do. But, with Tobias' case, I felt inclined to do something different. Heh, I'm probably going to get slammed for putting this on record, but I don't care. I want all of you potential guardians to know how special, and "worth it" this young boy is. One day last year, I believe over the weekend, I took Mr. Battalion to the actual department and allowed him to pick out the clothes he wanted! It was such a special moment. He picked out a black cotton sweatshirt, all warm and snugly. Next, he grabbed from a nearby rack a pair of blue denim shorts that were so long, they stopped right under his knees! I asked him, "Tobias, don't you want something that is more your size?" But he said to me, "No Mr. O'Brien, I like these! Shawn was wearing a pair of these when the Ingram's came bought him and took him away from us." Shawn was a fifteen year old orphan who Tobias had grown quite attached to for several years; he was like a big brother to him. Afterwards, Tobias picked out a pair of long white socks that had three blue stripes on them. To compliment this, he ran to the sneaker section and picked out a funny looking pair of black sneakers that had white toes, white soles, and white laces. The material of these shoes didn't seem all that durable, but Tobias liked them, so I got it for him. But, just as I thought he was set, he runs over to the headgear section and picks out a Tikantan head dress! That's right, a Tikatan HEAD DRESS! Curious as to why he did this? I'll tell you that in the next section *grin*.

Personality: Now, you all are probably at the edge of your seat asking yourselves, "Now what about that head dress!?" Well, I'm glad your anticipation is so great! Anyway, with Tobias kind nature and pure innocence, comes a great deal of a lack of self confidence. He wears the head dress because he's always enjoyed the stories I used to tell him of the "Tikanta", a warrior tribe who lived in the Concordian forests thousands and thousands of years ago. They used to wear head dresses as a sign of power and courage. Tobias, knowing this feels that if he wears the head dress, he'll be strong and courageous like the Tikantans. You see people, Mr. Battalion has been in this orphanage nearly his entire life, save for the first two years of his life, as well as the number of short times spent with the guardians who'd bought him. There were about twenty five couples who'd at one time or another had Tobias. This number spans from the time of his fifth birthday, all the way up until he'd turned nine. I can only imagine the pain he must've felt when each couple brought him back saying things like, "Take him back now! He's nothing but...but... trouble!" I don't know what their talking about, but I assure you that Tobias is anything but trouble.
~ ~
Damnit, I hate doing this, but I know I have to. Alright, it truly saddens me that I have to say this, but recent developments have shown why many have considered Tobias to be a threat to all who are around him. He has developed a tendency to grow angry very quickly and become violent in certain ways when he finds himself in a situation that is unfair for him. If he’s upset, he might kick over a garbage can, or pound his fist on a table. But nothing more…….I promise you.
~New Development~
It pains me to further report bad news. I assumed that with Tobias under my care, I would be able to iron out whatever character flaws he had, that prevented him from being a suitable child for some family out in the world. However, I’m starting to question how possible such a thing is. Reason being is because Tobias has shown no strides toward positive thinking, or positive behavior. He has become increasingly violent, almost to the point where if he is disturbed over a matter, or is furious with another individual, he would consider possibly murdering that person. At first, I was completely in the dark as to how Tobias had developed such an attitude, yet upon spending every waking moment with him, I think I found the source of the problem. I wish not to ink those particular details in this record, mainly for personal reason. But if anyone truly wishes to know, I’d be more than happy to discuss them privately. On a more positive note though, the child has shown further signs of intense loyalty to those who care for him, and those he cares for.

Items: I never will understand this category for as long as I continue to update these records. I suppose this section is still in existence because some residents when brought here do come with certain items that have sentimental value. In Tobias' case when he was first brought here, a cloaked woman gave him to us with a red wagon filled with toys. There were about thirty some odd toys. I remember her saying, "Please, whatever you do, don't throw away my son's possessions! They are very important to me! They are the only things we can give him as a sign of our love!" That unfortunately was the last time we heard from that woman, but still to this day we honor her request.
Recently though, I've found that Tobias has grown very attracted to a select few, versus when he wouldn't even take any out of the wagon. Here's a list of some that he plays with. You might be familiar with them:
~*ALERT!*~
I regret to inform the reader of this, but I have to as it is my duty as a child evaluator to write down everything that takes place with regards to Tobias. A glimpse of the truth about Tobias’ toys has been revealed to me and unfortunately many others recently. The details as to what had occurred will be explained in the History section, but for the sake of brevity in this category, I’ll just say that the actual events were…..unpleasant to say the least. But with regards to Tobias’ toys, it has turned out that they are able to awake from their inanimate state and become animate. This in some way has to deal with Tobias, for each time his toys rise from a black mist that surrounds his wagon, the child’s eyes begin to glow a bright sky blue. It is extremely eerie when this occurs since I’ve never seen anything like this. If you as a potential parent of Tobias see this happen, it would be wise to call me at Oak Grove immediately. You can be sure that I’ll rush over to wherever your residence is in a heartbeat.
~*ALERT!*~
Writing this down, will probably (if everything else hasn’t already) turn all potential foster parents of Tobias Battalion away permanently. But it must be done. It turns out that there is a world deep within the actual red wagon. I dwelled within this world along side Tobias many months back, and it was the most eerie experience that I’ve ever had in my life. I saw living…things that would strike deathly terror into any regular person if they had seen them. There was a castle of some sort that was enormous; larger than anything that Althanas had ever or will construct. Inside though were other worlds that seemed just as large as the world where this giant castle resided. Its hard to really explain all of this, but if we happen to catch Tobias on a day where he is EXTREMELY happy, it would be beneficial to ask him about the place he calls, “Toy World”.

~Contents of the Red Wagon~
(dubbed the, “Establishment”)

::Action Figures::

Note: It has come to my attention that transporting the residents of the Toy World to the real world takes quite a bit of power or Tobias' part. Because of this, the orphan is only able to bring forthtwo companions at a time.That is, save for the five soldiers. I’ve seen him bring out all five, but this is due to the fact that they’re much weaker than the other…”allies” of the child. If he does call forth the “White Slacks”, then no other “ally” can be summoned until four return to the Toy World, thus leaving him with one out.

-Five soldiers, all identical with white pants, blue jackets, and black hats. Each one also has a rifle strapped to their back as well.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):White Slacks
Quantity: 5.
Height(s): Each one is approximately 2’0”.
Weight(s): Roughly 100 lbs each.
Weapon(s): Double barreled rifles and steel soldier swords. (rifles reload one bullet at time)
Unit Material: When I first saw them, they looked to have been made out of some kind of wood. But as I observed them more, I recognized that they are made somehow out of fine Liviol wood.
Special Item(s):- - - - - - -
Type:Bold/Courageous
Abilities:
~Dispatch- The few times that I’ve seen these soldiers in action, I’ve noticed that they work much better as a team than individually. Usually their tactics are to try and be evasive while trying to attack one from close distances, but with this move, they form a semi-circle and move around via Tobias’ command and with a wave of the hand, the one ordered to spring forth attacks the opponent. But, if potential parents out there are worried about home security, know that these assets can definitely protect your spouse and family.

-Gray teddy bear with a red heart in the middle of its stomach. The heart says, "I love you" on it. (Hasn’t awakened yet)

-Blue Wyvern of some sort. It looks kind of scary, but I guess that which looks intimidating to me, is what attracts Tobias I suppose. (Hasn’t awakened yet)

- Cloaked Old Man with long fingers and a long beard.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):Hazard
Quantity: 1.
Height(s): Is approximately 5’6”.
Weight(s): Roughly 125 lbs.
Weapon(s): Some weird form of Alchemic Magic.
Unit Material: I was most surprised when I saw him (as well as Season). Reason being is because he was organic! I don’t know how this is, but it is truly shocking.
Special Item: The Blight Jar – A green tinted glass jar that can rot Hazard’s flesh, provided the lips of the jar are place directly on it. This is to give the Rotting Meteor the strength it needs to grow to its watermelon size. Normally, this would kill any living being, but because Hazard’s life like skin is in fact artificial, he can mysteriously grow new skin in a relatively short period of time. But despite this, no matter how many times he uses the Blight Jar to rot his flesh, the meteor will never grow beyond the size of a watermelon with just him as a single source.
Type: Sinister
Abilities:
~Rotting Meteor~- It’s hard for me to describe this to you since it did so much…..damage to innocent people in Oak Grove. But here I go. To put it plainly, the rotting meteor is a large meteor that grows in size by feeding off of the amount of dead organisms that are around. It absorbs these organisms by vaporizing them. Once the meteor is large enough by Tobias’ standards, the rock is controlled by Hazard, and is cast down upon the enemy or enemies from the air. The rock can grow to the size of a boulder now, for Hazard has become somewhat comfortable using the spell.[/color] Parents, if you…….live in a rural area, you surely won’t have to worry about burying your dead cattle when they reach an old, sickly age!

- Young Brunette Man wearing white regal attire, mainly robes and sashes.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):Season
Height(s): Is approximately 5’10”.
Weight(s): Roughly 150 lbs.
Weapon(s): Elemental Magic.
Unit Material: Somehow organic. Just like Hazard.
Special Item:- - - - - - -
Type: Arrogant
Abilities:
~Seasonal Shift~- I happened to see this in action one day in the woods while walking alongside Tobias. He was extremely depressed after he came to his senses and realized just how horrible the crimes he committed in Oak Grove were. He was dragging his wagon as usual, but then out of it came “Season”. The figure looked at Tobias and then raised its hands in the air, turning the ENTIRE spring environment to the dead of winter! After my initial shock, the figure explained to me that it had the power to change the seasons based off of Tobias’ emotions (This seasonal change will only effect terrain that is within one hundred yards, both wide and long of Tobias). For example, if the child was experiencing sadness of any kind, winter would come. If it was anger, summer would come. Happiness, then spring. And anywhere else in between, then the season of fall would come. Also in the seasons, the figure is able to use weak elemental magic, depending on the environment its(summer=fire magic) (winter=ice magic) (Spring=lightning magic) (autumn=earth magic) in. Of course, this only occurs when Tobias would like Season to use the ability, but the fact that Tobias has no control over his own emotions is what scars me about this combination. But parents, let this not scare you. I’m sure you guys have a favorite season that you’d like to experience more than once a year…….right?
[U]~Icicle~ – After coming two classes (Air and Water) at the Vora Moire University, Season has managed to control his mage abilities with these particular elements to a certain degree. He is able to gather moisture from the air and form it into a three feet icicle that can be sent to impale the enemy. For this move, he does not need to rely on Tobias’ emotional state, to change the season. If it so happens that sadness brings about a winter season though, then Season can have the icicle grow to five feet in length. Um…..perhaps if you have children parents, they can uh….eat all the icicles they want!
~Pillow~ – Taking the air class has given Season some control of the elements of wind. He is able to suspend Tobias or any of his comrades in the air, via wind, for three seconds. This move is primarily used to break the fall of an ally that is falling from high place. Parents, you can not tell me that this skill can’t help you in all of your adventurous endeavors!

- Stern Faced Historian wearing a green beret, a nice button down shirt, and brown dress pants.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):Talisman Grail
Height(s): Is approximately 6’0”.
Weight(s): Roughly 145 lbs.
Weapon(s): None.
Unit Material: Organic.
Special Item:History books and the “Grail Map”.
Type: Knowledgeable
Abilities:
~Vast Knowledge~- A pure genius is truly the best way to describe Talisman. There isn’t a single event that’s happened in Althanas that Talisman hasn’t read about. You see, Talisman is forever looking at this giant map of his. It looks to be that of Althanas, both known and unknown regions. However, there are a bunch of notes tapes all around the map. I’d once tried to read them but it was impossible, since it’s in some language that I’m unfamiliar with. Tobias told me though that with the map, Talisman is able to find out the location of anyone or anything. He provides Tobias with information on different places and people around the world, as well as certain strategies to go about solving a problem. But he doesn’t do this all the time. Grail is known for being EXTREMELY stingy with his information. For example, if Tobias wants to get information on someone, Talisman will only tell him such things if the person is of a lower or equal level. Other than that, Grail will say nothing. And as for other things, he'll NEVER give away secrets that pertain to power groups, secrets that people hold very close to their hearts, or secrets that could expose and ruin somebody. Heh, now that I think about it, Grail really doesn't tell Tobias a whole lot! Still though, I enjoy his company. He’s probably the only one of Tobias’ friends that I enjoy talking with. And parents, if you get on Tobias’ good side, I’m sure you’ll enjoy Grail’s company too. He can get you out of any jam that you’re in!

((Grail is only able to reveal one of Tobias' opponents skills/abilities per battle. On top of that, the skill/ability must have been learned at a level below, or equivalent to Tobias'. Also, this ability can still be used even if Grail is not transported to the real world.))

- Masked Assailant with long blonde hair and a flowing black cape.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):Genocide
Height(s): Is approximately 6’4”.
Weight(s): Roughly 220 lbs.
Weapon(s): Steel Falchion.
Unit Material: Made entirely of an iron like metal. His body isn’t as strong as actual iron, but is quite a bit more durable than an organic being, such as Hazard’s or Season’s body. I assume that minor wounds don’t affect him.
Special Item:- - - - - - -
Type: Bold/Ruthless
Abilities:
~Blade Skills~- Any parent willing to take Tobias in won’t have to worry about his safety when they aren’t around. Genocide, from what I’ve seen is very good with a sword. He’s fast, despite what he’s made of, and uses dark areas as often as he can to strike his opponents down. Of course I’ve seen better swordsmen, especially in Radasanth…but I would never tell him that.

~Siphon~- Back when I was in the Toy World, I saw Genocide use this strange move. From underneath his cape, he tosses his ball and chain at whoever it is that he’s aiming at. Once it comes in contact with its target, it immediately wraps several times around its captive to the point where the entire body, save for the head is covered in chains. From here, Genocide either holds his captive in place, or causes the chains to glow a faint purple. If the latter is chosen, the trapped person’s adrenaline starts being sapped, so that the person becomes sluggish, and somewhat lethargic. I remember asking Genocide, “Why would you have this kind of move, if you could just defeat anyone with your blade?” And he said, “It’s because people when in the heat of battle feed of adrenaline. They do things that normally they wouldn’t be able to do. So, in order to prevent them from doing unexpected things with the use of adrenaline, I take it from them, rendering them powerless. Unfortunately, I can only use this once in every encounter, since for some reason once a body has had its adrenaline stolen from my chain, it rejects it immediately after. Only after a week or so can I strike that particular body again.”

- Jester Fellow made entirely of string.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):Johx
Height(s): Various.
Weight(s): Undeterminable.
Weapon(s):- - - - - - -
Unit Material: String with the toughness of denim.
Special Item: The Joke Box – A large box with yellow tape on it reading, “Caution”. Since Johx is always in a comical mood, and is quite unpredictable, the contents that come out of his box are just that…..unpredictable. Tobias told me that everyone gets scared when Johx opens his box since nobody except Johx ever knows what will come out of it. Sometimes it’s good, other times it’s bad, yet to the string man, he thinks that everything is funny, even if it isn’t to others. But what Tobias said he did to stop Johx’s randomness was to only allow him to use certain moves that he wanted the string fellow to use.
Type: Wreckless
Abilities:
~20 Daggers~- From out of the joke box, Johx opens the lid and allows twenty knives to speed forward in random directions. I don’t know exactly why Tobias would allow such a dangerous move like this to be used, but then again, there wasn’t much that I did know with regards to his thinking.

~Pretty Fireworks~- From out of the joke box, Johx opens the lid. Inside of it are five fireworks, already lit. When the ropes on each one completely burn up, they’re all sent sky high into the air to explode. At first, one would think that these fireworks were nothing out of the ordinary, but the sparkles in the sky suddenly start to become brighter, until they’re so blinding that anyone in the area is forced to shield their eyes. Honestly, I have nothing to really say about this fellow, or his attacks. Parents, I suppose that Johx could provide comical relief at family gatherings so long as he doesn’t open his box…...

- Emaciated Girl with white hair, holding a spear.(Hasn’t awakened yet)
- Three Shy Builders donning workmen garments. (Hasn’t awakened yet)

-Quiet Maintenance Man carrying around mysterious tools.
~AWAKENED!~
Unit Name(s):Nathaniel
Height(s): 5’7”.
Weight(s): 135 lbs.
Weapon(s):- - - - - - -
Unit Material: Organic.
Special Item: The Tool Kit – A box filled with various tools in which Nathaniel uses to work on the wagon.
Type:Quiet
Abilities:
~Fix and Upgrade~- I’ve never heard Nathaniel say one word (maybe that’s a good thing). All he does is use his tools to fix and work on Tobias’ wagon, but he is superb at his job. Here is what he’s managed to do for the wagon:
**//Roots// - prevents the wagon from being moved by anything. Only Tobias though can deactivate this feature just with a simple kick to the wagon's frame.

::Wardrobes::

Tobias now has the ability to summon this strange bureau from the Toy World. At first glance it’s nothing out of the ordinary. However, the real mystery comes when Tobias opens up the bureau’s doors, for upon selecting which outfit he wants to wear, it automatically appears on him. I have learned a few things with regards to this mysterious occurrence, but I still haven’t yet figured everything out.

(Bold Garments) – An outfit mainly made out of leather, and the fur of some hairy animal, when Tobias puts this on, a horned helmet appears on his head. The straps of the helmet hang loosely, much like the temper that Tobias seems to have when wearing these clothes. I don’t know what it is, but all of his belligerence when in these garments, are amplified. This also has an impact on certain companions of his as well. For example, when anyone from the Toy World that can be classified as bold melee warriors accompanies him while wearing this, those individuals seem to fight harder and more cohesively with one another.

(Gaudy Garments) – An outfit composed of a tight, almost swimsuit like uniform that Tobias can unzip and slip into. It is bright red with purple polka dots. Over this is a green robe that comes down to the middle of his calves, and too match this, an emerald crown rests on his head. For some reason, Tobias feels so inclined as to abandon any form of respect while wearing this outfit and becomes extremely arrogant….almost to the degree that Season is. Not surprisingly, arrogant and sinister people respond really well to Tobias while he’s wearing this. So much so, that I’ve seen them endow the young boy with certain abilities. Here is what I’ve seen.
*[Poison Paddle] - Hazard walks up to Tobias and touches his paddle. The weapon of wood suddenly turns almost gangrene and starts letting off a strange brownish black smoke. Apparently, whenever this vile thing has the power to corrupt anything it touches. If it touches metal, the metal will rust within several minutes and if it is plant life, it will start to decay within several minutes. I don’t quite know the effects on……humans, and I honestly don’t plan on knowing it. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if humans started feeling sick if they were hit by it. (Tobias…..why are you doing these things…..)

(Strange Garments) - *Effects Unknown*

Skills: Ah, Mr. Battalion's natural abilities! I tell you that if the couple considering taking Tobias home is athletic in any way, you'll be happy to know that this young man is highly athletic when he wants to be. He's fast, agile, and his endurance for an eleven year old is amazing! In some of the sporting events we hold, such as tag team races and such, Tobias is always the one to win that is, until one of the other residents grow upset and insult him in childish ways. You know how kids are sometimes, one will say," You stink!" or, "You're a loser!" to Tobias. Now, although he should brush such things off, he doesn't and he lets it get to him. It is then that his lack of confidence sets in and his performance declines. But, I know that one day everything that we tell Tobias will sink in and he'll reach the amazing potential that I know he has.
~New Development~
As it has been made obvious by now, Tobias does have a special skill in that he is able to call upon his toys to assist him with any issue he might have. It seems that only he can touch the wagon. If anyone else tries to, whether with their hand or any other object, they will be repelled by an odd magical force. ~[/COLOR]

History: ((In this section, please include ANY detail, if at all of a situation in which either the resident had been sent back by a buyer. PLEASE be specific!))

What is this? When did we add a "history" section to resident profiles? A situation of when Tobias....had been.....oh man. Alright, before I commence, understand that the events that I'm about to tell you are NOT TRUE, but two years ago, the twisted government of Corone almost delivered Capital Punishment to Tobias over such false accusations! I state once again that these events are NOT TRUE! Tobias Battalion is a wonderful child.

-------

It had been a cold winter. Extremely cold for that matter. We were just getting Tobias' things all packed and ready to go. The Benson family was coming to pick him up, as they were the 25th family to give Mr. Battalion a try. He was all excited, yet at the same time sad for he did not want to leave his friends at the orphanage. But, I always would tell him, "Tobias, the Bensons have five children! You're going to be the sixth, and youngest addition!" He would acquire a big, gigantic smile every time I said that, and instantly he would cheer up.
Roughly an hour later, the family arrived. Their children immediately barged through the door screaming, "Where's our new brother!?" Their vociferous vocal blasts alarmed everyone in the lobby, causing eyes to lay on all five of them. Mrs. Isabella Douglas, the Director of Child Departure approached these young siblings with a great big smile, pleasantly asking them to quiet down a bit. Their parents also chimed in, feeding on what Mrs. Douglas stated. "Tobias will be here shortly you guys. Just have patience." They said.
At this particular time, I had already been in the lobby and left some of the other caretakers to help Tobias along. It was funny to see his future brothers and sisters pout and rush to open seats to plop themselves on. Each one of them had a disgruntle expression, Jamison(13), the twins Hannah(12) and Kyle(12), Ellen(11), and Tabitha(10). All of them were so eager to see the new addition that some of their more childish behaviors bubbled to the surface. At any rate though, their true intentions were pure, so the little bit of disturbance that they caused went overlooked. But, when Tobias came through the double doors of the hallway, dragging his wagon while some of our employees carried his other belongings, not a person within the whole complex could avoid being distracted as the five children erupted in praise. They all hopped off their seats and rushed their younger brother hugging him with great affection; It was truly a sight to behold.
The necessary papers were signed in order to make Tobias' release official and all of us that grew close to the long time resident of Oak Grove wished him the best as he would soon begin life with a very positive and loving family. Sadly, this was the last time we would see the Benson family so close to Tobias.

*The next part of this is an exact copy of a (T)transcorder(T) conversation that occurred on the night that the Benson Family called Oak Grove with the most disturbing news we'd ever heard with regards to a former resident. I wouldn't have even included this piece of information but you damned higher ups wanted to added this stupid section, demanding that we "be specific". So, that's what I'm doing.*

-x-

Oak Grove Receptionist, "Donna":"Oak Grove Orphanage Complex how may I help you?"

Jonah Benson, father: "You take him back, and you TAKE HIM BACK NOW!"

Donna: "Excuse me? I don't know quite what you mean sir....."

Jonah Benson: "This is Jonah Benson! And I said you take Tobias back immediately! We want our damned money back and we want this evil child out of our house!"

Donna: "But Mr. Benson what's wrong? I thought everything was going fine with Tobias and the family? Last time you all were here, everything seemed to be so perfect."

Jonah Benson: "Perfect!? HA! Do you call your adopted son MURDERING your first born girl perfect! Bullcrap! This child is undisciplined and its all your fault! It's all Oak Grove's fault! You knew about this but you just wanted to get him off your hands!"

Donna: "What!? Murder!? That can't be!? Tobias would never.....hold on for a minute. I'm going to get Isabella Douglas on the transcorder."

*ten second wait.*

Isabella Douglas: "Hello Mr. Benson, what can I do for you today?"

Jonah Benson: "You can take this evil child back! That's what you can do! How dare you give us a murderous child!?"

Mrs. Douglas: "Mr. Benson are you feeling okay? How can it be that your accusing Tobias of murder? He wouldn't hurt a fly! You sound like your a bit under the influence sir."

Jonah Benson: "I am not under the ******* influence you *****! The child you gave us is a killer!"

Mrs. Douglas: "Well do you mind EXPLAINING the events that transpired before accusing him of such things!?"

Jonah Benson: "Are you kidding me? He f......"

*Mrs. Benson takes the phone away from her husband.*

Elizabeth Benson: "What is so hard to understand!? My husband is telling the truth! Their is something wrong with that boy. It was just like any other day and Tobias was playing with his toys as usual. The same ones that were in that wagon he brought. He'd been kind of distance for as he really didn't want to do anything besides play with his toys. The other children would say, 'Hey Tobias do you want to play outside with us?' and he would always decline. For some reason, this irritated my eldest daughter Hannah since she believed that all of her siblings had to be active. She considered Tobias as a real part of the family, thus place high expectations on him. She would often try to pull Tobias from his seated position, but he would always throw a fit, yelling at her to get off of him. It had gotten to the point where every day Hannah would argue with Tobias on how he needed to be more active and such. But the boy would not listen. He simply sat in his room all day, playing with his toys. But, last night, things changed. It was late. Around midnight. I was in the kitchen reading as I always do at this hour. Everything was normal until I heard a loud scream and the sound of someone falling down the stairs. Immediately I rushed to see what had happened and much to my dismay, I saw my daughter, DEAD, with a look of complete terror. Her body......*sniff* her body was all slashed up and.........

*She breaks out into tears. Jonah takes the transcorder.*

Jonah Benson: "You see what you people have done to our family!? Everyone is completely devastated because of the boy you gave us!"

Mrs. Douglas: "Truly I am deeply sorry about your daughter. But based on that story your wife gave me, I still don't see how you can blame Tobias. Did any of you see him do it?"

Jonah Benson: "What!? We didn't have to see him do it! We found him hiding behind his bed in a panic, right beside his wagon full of bloody toys! It's obvious that he did it!"

Mrs. Douglas:".................Where is Tobias now?"

Jonah Benson:"Heh, being held in custody where he BELONGS! In the event that you idiots manage to get him out, we expect you to take him back and return our money! But if you guys try to pull something sneaky I swear I'll burn down the entire orphanage with all of you in it!"

*Jonah Benson hangs up. End of conversation.*

- - - - - - - - - - - -

After that phone call, Oak Grove had to go through a lot just to free Tobias from the strict, uncaring hand of the Corone government. They were so adamant about giving Tobias the death penalty, claiming that he was 'too much to of a threat to be left alive'. We couldn't really defend against this accusation since the government itself was charging Tobias of murder, in addition to the Benson family. Whenever the Corone government steps into something, its pretty much whatever they say goes. The only way they would free the boy was by having us give them nearly a half a billion in gold pieces and also demanding that we keep him under surveillance at all times, even in the event that he gets sold to another family. However, "just to be safe," they said, they decided to rule that Tobias be given one tranquilizer shot a day to keep him in check. If a new family wanted to take him, we would be responsible for providing that particular family with the medicine, and the equipment to give Tobias his shot everyday. When I heard this, I grew so upset that I nearly drew up the courage to assault the judge who finalized that ruling. How could someone accuse an innocent child of such ridiculous crimes!? Never did they ONCE consider other possible ways that the girl might've died! Once they heard from the Benson's that Tobias Battalion had killed a member in their family they automatically assumed that those accusations were right. Ugh, talking about this makes me ill. I've said enough. If you, as Tobias' possible new family believe this nonsense, they clearly he is not the right child for you. However, if you listen to what I'm saying, then you'll find that Tobias is the most wonderful and innocent child you'll ever meet.

~ ~

Did I mention that I hate doing this? *Sigh* There has been so much that has occurred with young Tobias that is hard for me to know where to begin. By this time, I suppose many have heard about the events that’d taken place at both the Promenade and the Oak Grove Orphanage with regards to his toys. If not, then I’ll break it down in a nutshell. I discovered the capabilities that his wagon has, as it isn’t just a means for the child’s entertainment. The toys were released yet again at the Promenade, killing many and again at the orphanage, killing even more. However, more attention was brought to both situations since the famous rock star, Brock Rundgren had been involved in both occurrences. The media blew it up the size of wallpaper, which in turn has gotten the government involved. Now, Tobias and I are on the run, but we’re in a strange world that I cannot quite make sense of. While it is true that not a single soul can get to us, I fear what other dangers lurk in this world within the red wagon. I will continually update this with the more discoveries I make, albeit it against my own will. (Thanks for being so rigid…..Oak Grove…)[/COLOR]

~ ~

Well, we emerged from the mysterious world, and it was the strangest place that I have ever been too. It seemed that this was the actual place where Tobias’ friends resided. Truly, it was a frightening experience since I’ve never seen anything that looked as horrid as some of those creations. Apparently though, they were very smart, and had something in story for Tobias. A quest of some sort, that would help him build courage, leadership, and other qualities that they said he needed for some grand “task” that he had to undergo. I was forced to go with the boy, but in the end, everything turned out relatively okay.

Emerging from the Toy World however, we found that the wagon had been thrown in the storage area of Oak Grove. When we emerged from here, many of Tobias’ friends, as well as the employees were very surprised to him. Surprisingly, after five months of being absent (I’m still baffled at how fast time flew in the Toy World), worry had suppressed the anger that I’d imagined they had after everything that happened after the Rundgren concert. Thankfully too, they were willing to forget that incident, but only under the condition that Tobias never bring his companions out of the wagon again. The child fought it at first, but then decided to go with Oak Grove’s terms.
Many months passed and live at the orphanage was going normally. Tobias seemed to have been at peace, despite everything that he’d been through. But this peace was suddenly shattered as by some chance, the Coronian government got wind of the child’s return to the orphanage, and immediately sent us a notice that he was due in court the next day. Never being able to fight the government, a few of my colleagues and I got ready for this excursion and set out for Radasanth the next day, along with Tobias.
Once in the court house, we all got to see just how twisted the government actually was. They weren’t willing to forgive Tobias and demanded that he participate in the Magus Cup as punishment. I was floored at how cruel they were being, despite the fact that he was responsible for the murder of some. At the time, Tobias wasn’t in the courtroom, and this later played to our favor. My colleagues and I ended up having to twist the truth about his fate so that he wouldn’t panic while participating in the tournament….or as he assumed it to be….a play. Surprisingly though, the boy performed masterfully and almost won the thing! He came in second place. The government wasn’t too pleased with this outcome, yet couldn’t bring him to court again for the same charge, since their first attempt failed. Ah, what a joy to have escaped the evil hand of the Coronian government. Anyway, this concludes Tobias’ Oak Grove history update. More will be added shortly……hopefully all good news.
NEW DEVELOPMENT
I’m overjoyed to report that for the first time in a very….very long time, there is no bad news! Life has been progressing normally, with Tobias interacting with his friends, getting along (or at least trying) with the Oak Grove employees, and also trying to be respectful. He still spends a little too much time with his wagon, but he’s been making an effort to listen to what I tell him. There was one incident where things kind of got out of hand, but that had to do with one of Tobias’ teachers filling his head with stories of an infamous (depending on who you talk to) bandit named Yari Rafanas. Eh, apparently he’d died and was brought back to life or something like that. Tobias in all of his excitement wanted to see where Yari was buried, yet upon getting there, the Bandit King himself was standing by his tombstone, as well as some deadly looking ninja. Of course, a battle ensued since Tobias didn’t recognize Rafanas, and thought him to be some person trying to rob the thief’s grave. Things got COMPLETELY blown out of proportion. Thankfully though, everything was worked out and Rafanas allowed Tobias and me to live. So I suppose we had a little scare there. But other than that, things have been really good. I truly desire for things to continue like this, but that may just be wishful thinking on my part.

- End of Documentation.

Footnotes: (Transcorder is a device to communicate with other people from long distances via receiver and chord. It is an invention of the Aleran people created and distributed in the year 500.)

Redeemer
04-26-06, 07:27 PM
-I'm a little ify on the soldiers. Do they have a limit on their ammo? How often can they fire, and are the guns reloaded one bullet at a time.

Redeemer
04-26-06, 10:24 PM
S'pose you won't, Else I'll beat you.

Approved.