PDA

View Full Version : The Bandit Brotherhood's PG thread

Yari Rafanas
04-26-06, 03:52 PM
Bandit Brotherhood Site (http://www.protopage.com/banditbrotherhood)
~ Updated 5-01-06

Current IC recruiting thread (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=9161#post9161)
Accepting members ICly. This thread is for OOC questions and organizing of the group's threads, meetings, or whatnot.

The Valkyrie
04-26-06, 04:28 PM
Hey... are we still seperated into the different groups (IE The Shadow) and if so, do the leaders still remain as they were precrash? If that is the case, what exactly are our responsibilities.. otherwise, are we starting over from scratch?

Yari Rafanas
04-26-06, 04:31 PM
This not the Brotherhood. This is the Bandit Brotherhood. For clarification, when I left the BB and gave Gild leadership, he transformed the group into just the Brotherhood, with new members, rules, and whatnot.

So anybody who wants to be in the Bandit Brotherhood and was in the Brotherhood can certainly apply, but the ranks are not the same.

Slavegirl
04-26-06, 04:48 PM
Well (this is Valkyrie, but this is the actual account that was BB) I was post the Bandit part, but I'd love to stay a part of it.... Natalya was a pirate before Brotherhood anyways, and a slave before that, so I think she'd be a good candidate.. although anyone who wasn't BB would still be in danger of a backstabbing from her...

Yari Rafanas
04-27-06, 02:35 AM
Would love to have you. There'll be a thread up (possibly tomorrow) where you can meet with Yari ICly and express interest. :)

Dissinger
04-27-06, 05:07 AM
There room for little old me?

The Valkyrie
04-27-06, 09:01 AM
No. There isn't. Go away.

Oh I guess that isn't my job to run people off ... yet.

Yari Rafanas
04-27-06, 12:09 PM
There room for little old me?

Quite possibly. ;)

Storm Veritas
04-27-06, 12:18 PM
I told Ashiakin I'd join him in Malice this morning, but also told you I'd be interested in this (which I am). Is it possible to do both, and just refrain from any inter-squad squabbles?

Yari Rafanas
04-27-06, 12:18 PM
I told Ashiakin I'd join him in Malice this morning, but also told you I'd be interested in this (which I am). Is it possible to do both, and just refrain from any inter-squad squabbles?

Yeah, Ashiakin is a noob anyway. ;)

Yari Rafanas
04-27-06, 01:17 PM
Those I've given the okay on can post here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=9161#post9161) to get the interaction going.

So that includes Storm, Slave, and Dissinger.

Slayer of the Rot
04-27-06, 01:22 PM
Mind if I come traipsing back in? I can punch open bank vaults. :D

Yari Rafanas
04-27-06, 01:25 PM
Mr. Dan doesn't mind the fact that Rafanas stabbed him like three times in the back?

Slayer of the Rot
04-27-06, 01:48 PM
Dan doesn't mind. Anyways, all cleared up. We need to get that fucking spear.

Nanza
04-27-06, 08:50 PM
Ooh ooh pick me! I wanna join too!

...no, really I do.

Yari Rafanas
04-28-06, 03:36 AM
Hmm, doesn't look like you have much writing up on the site, Nanza, so I can't really get a fair look at you until then. Feel free to pop into the thread at a tasteful time so that I can feel you out.

As for the rest of you, finalizing membership will only take an IC, "Hey, yer in" from the boss boy, and you'll be good to go. I'd like to get you guys up on the Proto page as soon as I can, so if you want to send me a short blurb about your character and any other information you want shared, feel free.

Once we have a few members all official like, I'll be starting a thread for us to kick some serious ass in.

Yari Rafanas
04-28-06, 01:33 PM
Storm Veritas is our first ICly accepted member.

Storm Veritas
04-28-06, 01:42 PM
Sweet. I checked the BB page created there, and it looks sweet. Is that sort of information-only? Doesn't look like there is a place to sign up or discuss PG stuff in there.

Oh well. Either way, I'll just sit back for a bit while some more people formally get on board.

Yari Rafanas
04-28-06, 01:46 PM
It's just a simple page for holding all of the group's information, inventory, current projects, and member lists. It's too simple of a design (and free) so I can't really give us a place to chat, but it is a large step up from http://bandit-bros.livejournal.com/profile or whatever I had a few years back (and Gild edited)

Discussion or questions will have to go here on this thread, to avoid forum clutter.

So Storm, write up anything you want for your little membership blurb, and I'll put it on the page.

Ithermoss
04-28-06, 03:23 PM
It's nice to see you guys getting back to your roots.

Yari Rafanas
04-28-06, 04:44 PM
It's nice to see you guys getting back to your roots.

Word.

Site updated with Storm's info.

Ithermoss
04-28-06, 06:07 PM
Actually, I was interested in reforging an old friendship... ;)

grim137
04-28-06, 08:59 PM
Tarry would probably join simply because he thinks Yari is nothing but a myth and would probably try and kick your ass in an effort to "prove he's a fake". So yeah, can I join?

Yari Rafanas
04-29-06, 04:12 AM
Actually, I was interested in reforging an old friendship... ;)

Perhaps. :B

Tarry would probably join simply because he thinks Yari is nothing but a myth and would probably try and kick your ass in an effort to "prove he's a fake". So yeah, can I join?

Sounds like something you can do in an open battle and doesn't require membership. With those reasons and the fact that you are a Facade member, I'm going to have to decline you. Thanks for the interest, though.

Slave, Slayer, and Dissinger, send me Bandit Blurbs!

Yari Rafanas
05-01-06, 01:41 PM
Site updated with NPCs. All official members up to date.

Nanza
05-01-06, 06:51 PM
I know I don't have anything on this new forum, but I had a bit pre-crash. My two best threads are here (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:l-jvatWoYbMJ:www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php%3Ft%3D5260%26page%3D2%26pp%3D15+nan za+teremudo+a+foolish+errand+page+2+of+2&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1) and here (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:lUdQqDdBRzUJ:www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D6346+nanza+teremudo+to urnament+money&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3). I hope that's enough for you to accurately judge my worthiness and such, but if it isn't just let me know.

Slavegirl
05-01-06, 08:43 PM
Hey, I had an idea sorta, based on something in the history of one of my other characters. Skyler was originally a part of the Radasanth Crime Syndicate, led now by a real jerk called Deacon who wants her and the leader whose place he took dead. Basically any crime or shady stuff in Radasanth (and sometimes other places, like occasionally Salvar) is led by Deacon - the brothels, the pickpockets, the assassins, etc. So... that would be something that the BB would probably want to take down... especially since Deacon really doesn't treat his people very nicely. What do you think?

Yari Rafanas
05-01-06, 09:44 PM
I know I don't have anything on this new forum, but I had a bit pre-crash. My two best threads are here (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:l-jvatWoYbMJ:www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php%3Ft%3D5260%26page%3D2%26pp%3D15+nan za+teremudo+a+foolish+errand+page+2+of+2&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1) and here (http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:lUdQqDdBRzUJ:www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php%3Fthreadid%3D6346+nanza+teremudo+to urnament+money&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=3). I hope that's enough for you to accurately judge my worthiness and such, but if it isn't just let me know.

Not bad. :) Complete the IC invite and you're in.

Hey, I had an idea sorta, based on something in the history of one of my other characters. Skyler was originally a part of the Radasanth Crime Syndicate, led now by a real jerk called Deacon who wants her and the leader whose place he took dead. Basically any crime or shady stuff in Radasanth (and sometimes other places, like occasionally Salvar) is led by Deacon - the brothels, the pickpockets, the assassins, etc. So... that would be something that the BB would probably want to take down... especially since Deacon really doesn't treat his people very nicely. What do you think?

Sounds like an awesome idea. I'm trying to think of an easy way to organize missions and raids that we'll do as a group, but can't think of any right off the top of my head. Any suggestions?

As for planned adventures. First, as selfish as it sounds... I really need to get my spear back from the Sanctuary. I don't need to take you all for that, but I thought it'd be a decent first mission for everybody.

Slayer of the Rot
05-01-06, 09:45 PM
As for planned adventures. First, as selfish as it sounds... I really need to get my spear back from the Sanctuary. I don't need to take you all for that, but I thought it'd be a decent first mission for everybody.

I'd already volunteered!

Yari Rafanas
05-01-06, 09:48 PM
I'd already volunteered!

Dude, I know, and you have to come. I need a brute.

Slayer of the Rot
05-01-06, 09:56 PM
Dude, I know, and you have to come. I need a brute.

For punching down doors. And golems. And to apply the right slap to get all the money out of that prostitute.

Dissinger
05-01-06, 09:58 PM
I'll join, I figure me and Danno can take care fo the riff raff...

The Valkyrie
05-01-06, 10:26 PM
Tell me where to be and what to do, and I'll pretend I know what I'm supposed to be doing...

Sparrow
05-07-06, 07:31 AM
OMGZ... This PG is for me. Shiver me timbers, Climax me Clitoris... Let me join. I'll do anything.

Yari Rafanas
05-10-06, 04:13 PM
We'll see about you doing anything.

Sword-for-Hire
05-16-06, 12:00 AM
Hmm, not sure if you got the PM, or if it even went through. So yea, can I join? I always liked the old BB and the Brotherhood never really sparked my interest. This is something I think Oberon could get into, since he doesn't have a straight forward goal anymore and things are fairly hectic.

Plus, he can pretty much move a bus. So another strong brute like Dan is always handy. :D

Yari Rafanas
05-21-06, 12:35 PM
New members:
Jolie Fairchild
Sparrow

Sorry for the inactivity on your all-mighty leader's part. I'm thinking I need like a Raid Boss, again, but we all know what happened to my LAST second in command. ;)

Okay, maybe you guys don't.

Jolie Fairchild
05-21-06, 02:01 PM
I don't know what happened to him, no. Then again, I'm a n00b ;) *waves* Hiya everyone, nice to be here, yadda-yadda-yadda.

Sword-for-Hire
05-21-06, 03:24 PM
What happened to the "reason's to come later"? I'm extremely curious.

Bandit
06-09-06, 04:17 PM
Hey, remember me.
Like many other people, the Brotherhood was nothing compared to the good old Bandit Brotherhood. Think you got room for an old bandit? :)

Yari Rafanas
06-09-06, 04:28 PM
Hey, remember me.
Like many other people, the Brotherhood was nothing compared to the good old Bandit Brotherhood. Think you got room for an old bandit? :)

Yeah, but I can't remember if you were part of my original group or not. I want to say you were, but I'm having a foggy memory.

INDK
06-10-06, 04:57 PM
Yeah, but I can't remember if you were part of my original group or not. I want to say you were, but I'm having a foggy memory.

He was. I remember him and can vouch for him if you'd like. He joined shortly before Yari died.

Yari Rafanas
06-10-06, 05:31 PM
Then welcome back to the group. No need for an IC introduction or anything, unless you have something planned.

Bandit
06-10-06, 07:46 PM
Nah, I'm good, and its nice to see you back into action Shyamm. Can't wait to get this PG back into action.

Yari Rafanas
06-10-06, 08:58 PM
Submit your blurb for the site, please. :)

Abbie
06-11-06, 06:02 PM
Blurb? Site? o.O

Yari Rafanas
06-11-06, 08:01 PM
The one linked to in the first post...? :P

http://www.protopage.com/banditbrotherhood

Abbie
06-11-06, 08:05 PM
Oh! Right! I knew that! *whistles innocently* Note to self, read the first post...

That site is really cool, I love the way you can move stuff on the page! As for a blurb, I'll get one together asap. :)

Yari Rafanas
06-11-06, 08:12 PM
Thanks. I like the site because it's a piece of cake to edit, so if you guys ever want to add something (*cough*NPCs) or edit something, let me know.

Chelsi
06-11-06, 11:21 PM
I need some quick cash. Too many vices to support.

I don't suppose you have any openings for a drunkard sorceress of old...

Ithermoss
06-12-06, 09:26 AM
Hey. Welcome back you son of a bitch.

Yari Rafanas
06-12-06, 03:05 PM
Drunken sorceress of old is welcome.

Chelsi
06-12-06, 07:37 PM
So where do I sign?

Is there anything going on besides the trip to Sanctuary?

Torin Reahkari
06-12-06, 08:23 PM
Hey, is it alright if Torin joins up with the BB (finally)?

Dragon's Dishonor
06-19-06, 03:56 PM
I wouldnt mine joining

Storm Veritas
07-31-06, 12:21 PM
::BUMP::

It appears as though Yari is gone, and he was a hell of a leader for BB.

Is anyone interested in joining the helm here? What's the story with this group?

Slavegirl
07-31-06, 04:34 PM
I'm not certain what's going on- we seem to have a hell of a time holding on to leaders in this here PG don't we. What happened to the whole idea of having a council? Of course, Yari isn't the only one gone, Dan is gone too. Who knows who else is....

Letho
07-31-06, 04:37 PM
I'm still here with Rhea and still cool with council idea. Given the fact that Yari hasn't proven himself to be an active capable leader, I suggest that we do a revamp of the Brotherhood. Set down the basic rules, make a new recruitment and start some stories involving the Brotherhood and its new members.

INDK
07-31-06, 04:40 PM
Seeing as I was probably going to have Molotov join this fine organization soon anyways, I'll be willing to help you guys if you want it.

I do have some experience in matters concerning Brotherhoods, both of the Bandit and non Bandit varieties.

Saxon
07-31-06, 04:55 PM
Once you guys start recruiting I'd be happy to let Saxon (Or Fibonacci :p ) join the Brotherhood. Just send a message my way. :D

Funji
07-31-06, 06:11 PM
"You wanna Funji? Funji join! Funji good goblin. Funji cut people with Funji Cleaver!!!"

Yeah, so you guys reachin out to Goblinoids at all?

Slavegirl
07-31-06, 08:26 PM
No offense to anyone (and of course this is nowhere near final since it isn't my decision) but I think we should hold off on recruiting or accepting new members until we figure out what the hell we're doing...

Bandit
08-04-06, 11:14 PM
I second that lol, although I would love to see this pg get up and running again. It used to be one of the best.

Jolie Fairchild
08-06-06, 06:25 AM
Agreed. I just got my dagger when Yari left, so now what? I think a Council would be okay, though how it would work ICly is a bit beyond me. ;) Maybe even a chain of command would be enough so that if one person leaves the others could slide in smoothly?

Molotov
08-06-06, 08:04 AM
Keep in mind the Brotherhood used to run under a council format. There were Captains that ran divisions with semi-autonomy and an Aegis whose job it was to coordinate things. Granted, that was the Brotherhood and not the BB, but I feel it would apply well in either situation.

Storm Veritas
08-06-06, 09:00 AM
That would be fine. I think the group needs both a decision-making-empowered leader AND other sort of "backups" in the leader goes AWOL. That Brotherhood structure would be fine as far as I'm concerned, or a chain of command since we are much smaller and there aren't heavy ranks to support factions.

Molotov
08-06-06, 09:52 AM
That would be fine. I think the group needs both a decision-making-empowered leader AND other sort of "backups" in the leader goes AWOL. That Brotherhood structure would be fine as far as I'm concerned, or a chain of command since we are much smaller and there aren't heavy ranks to support factions.

THere is actually a very simple way of doing this. You have a decision making leader, but have it be somewhat of a rotating position. You would have a semi-permanent council structure consisting of between three and five people. Each of them have some semi autonomous functions. For example Recruiting leader, Raid Boss, etc. etc.

From these five people, you have a rotating grand leader every month. That way you have an institutional tripwire that allows you to catch unactives, without having to go through the whole ignominy of "where's Gild/Yari/Damon, now what do we do?"

Any council member could be replaced with a vote by the other 2/4 council members.

Again, right now I'm not even a member of the Brotherhood (tried to apply recently but was shot down until you get an organization set up). Take this as it is, merely a humble suggestion.