Wexon
04-26-06, 05:56 PM
Name: Dirc
Race: Sort of Human
Hair Color: Purple
Eye Color: Not Visible.
Hair Style: Long, thick.
Physique: Slim, tall, lanky.
Description: Standing in at around 5'10" and weighing an even 150 pounds, one can't consider Dirc the kind of person who's very intimidating. He's very strange, but in a way that further demotes any sense of ability to induce fear. He has a mane of purple hair that's simply massed into a huge, thick clump. His skin is a dark grayish color, although this seems natural to him.

Inventory
Tunneler's Boots ::: Armor ::: [Steel]
These are plain leather boots which are coated in a layer of thin steel, the bottom of which is lined with spikes to help climb rough areas and keep balance. However, it can be bothersome to have big, clanky boots on when you're trying to sprint, or be silent.

Britches ::: Armor ::: [Linen]
Simple, gray linen shorts that tuck into the midshin high boots he wears. They're rather breezy, but butter would stop a sword faster than this particular article of clothing.

Digg and Sift ::: Weapon ::: [Steel-strong Crystal]
Fastened to each hand by way of tight linen bandages, are two(per fist) claws made of strong, rock-hard and rather sharp amethyst. They have been named, "Digg and Sift," although their purpose extends far beyond something so easy as churning earth.

Tint's Goggles ::: Trinket :::
Dirc is actually blind in the sunlight, his eyes unable to absorb even the smallest amount of light. So, in order to cope with his emersion into the abovelands, a friend has given to him a pair of glasses that protect him from the suns and candles and torches of the world.

Abilities
Martial Arts ::: Combat ::: [Average]
Dirc is a very calm individual, and as such, tries to avoid combat. Nevertheless, he's had to hone his abilities in the arts of battle in order to preserve his own existence in the world. As of yet, he's nowhere near a master, but can hardly be considered a novice, and as such, can preform several complex moves on a spur, as well as an excellent reaction time.

Earthly Intuition ::: Knowledge ::: [Moderately Developed]
Having lived below the earth for so many years, Dirc is very attune to parts of the world, simply through the way the dirt is colored and smells and the aura of the land itself. Though not exactly the same in the Above as it is in the Below, this intuition is still extremely useful. He is able to feel slight changes in temperature, as well as get a feel for about-to-occur natural disasters that could be even several miles away.

Sonar ::: Racial Trait ::: [Naturally Developed]
Dirc's spent his whole life in the lands below the crust of the earth, a place uncharted by most mortals. As such, he's never seen the sun, and actually navigates by seeing the outlines of textures and such. He does this by taking steps, which his loud boots echo with and bounce back, much like a bat's screech. This has developed his hearing to a fine point.

History
"Dig it," he said. Oh, very funny.

"Why don't you calm down, guy?"

"Dirc, what's up?" her asked me. I had to tell him... about everything. About how I didn't think as a part of The Colony anymore, how I'd heard the thin layer of the Crust echo down the hallways of the tunnels, just a few days ago. I told him...

"Tint... I think the Aboveworlders are slowly exploring for Pathas Mon." I apologize. Allow me to explain.

You'd call it the Plate. A covering of the core that keeps the world bound in the center of it. A sort of geological vacuum that keeps the earth from spinning all of the pretty little things on the surface into the vast blue thing that only legends have told me about. The legends of that beautiful thing called, "the Sky," and how it stretches forever. Endlessly.

Pathas Mon is where an abundance of spirits end up congregating in their journey through the afterlife. Many of them are from the Aboeworld. Forever, it has been our suspicion, the paranoia of the Colony, that the Aboveworlders seek to find where these souls are disappearing to... and that would lead them back to Pathas Mon, and start history all over again.

"You're thinking too much. You need to chill out and stop gettin' gravel," Tint tells me.

But I know.. I know that the Colony has been moving away from Pan Tirthas. "Why would they do that?"

Tint, I tell him, you have to think about it: We aren't ready for another war. His voice hushes to a whisper as he asks me,

"So why are you thinking... away from the Colony?"
"Why does it matter if we move away from the city?"

I look him dead in the eye and say, Because I think they're wrong.
I look at him, knowing his execution will be my fault if the Colony ever knows the dissention from their collective involved him.

I say, Because we're looking for a way to enter Pathas Mon.

Chapter 1: The Emergence into the Aboveworld
Dirc, having lived his entire life below the world's surface and having yearned to know the feeling of the warm airs above, as opposed to the dank cold of his fate, found himself questioning the Colony, the massive entity that controlled every aspect of Underlife. Taking a cue from Tint, he made his escape quickly, knowing that the Colony would soon be on his path into the Aboveworld. Leaving the dark tunnels of the earth, the miner found himself in the midst of a world he couldn't see, but could feel. And a new track of destiny lay before him, wond'rous and expansive, like all the mushroom orchards of the Belowworld.

Redeemer
04-26-06, 07:17 PM
-One thing, we don't use Tiers anymore. Change that to the equivilant, like Steel and such.

Wexon
04-26-06, 07:21 PM
Done.

Redeemer
04-26-06, 07:28 PM
Excellent, approved.

100 exp bonus ((If we still do that)) for originality.