PDA

View Full Version : Gol'bron: The Cult of the Thayne

Ithermoss
04-26-06, 06:39 PM
So, you want to join the richest, and most secretive player organization on Althanas? We know you do. It's ok. Don't lie. Rowr baby, rowrr... :cool:

As always, one thing leads to another. Those gathered together in the name of the Thayne have become something more than the simple and crude matter of the physical body, and transcended into a world not of their own. The Book of Thayne, containing secrets locked away for millenia, has become a focal point of their study. Wars of the flesh no longer concern them. Wars in the heavens, however, are something completely different. The Gol'bron have sought a greater understanding of all things divine, and where this lust for understanding takes them, only Jomil knows. The Red Hand has evolved into something more, something greater than what it had once been before. With the discovery of its new purpose, and with a few tradesmen willing for greater understanding of the world around them, the "Hand That Guides" has stepped into its true calling: to investigate and appease the divine will of the Thayne.

The Red Hand is said to still exist, although elusive as ever, it still exerts a measure of economic influence from its hidden fortress "under the mountain:" Pandemonium's Fist. Membership is, and has always been anonymous except to those leading the organization to coordinate production efforts.

To be considered for membership in the Cult of the Thayne, one must adhere to the following criteria...

Respect every member of Althanas's right to have fun. This means playing by the rules, both IC and OOCly.
The council of Avatars must also be actively involved in Red Hand interests, to ensure solidarity in leadership.
Every non-Red Hand member must have a patron Thayne/Lesser Thayne - this is the "symbol" of membership. Red Hand members's symbol is their utter lack of one in order to maintain their anonymity.
All inactive members that haven't informed us of absence will be spanked, then removed at the council's sole discretion.
Members MUST either submit new (relevant) content for the Book of Thayne, or work on a quest concerning it.
You -may- pick N'jal as a patron, though you will immediately be labeled a heretic. It might be best to keep that private.

Please state which you are applying for: the Cult of the Thayne, or its inner circle - the Red Hand. One thing I ask, however, is that if you are in any other organization besides this one, that you refrain from even suggesting to affiliate your character with the Red Hand. Membership in the Red Hand in no way dictates authority over anyone in the Cult of the Thayne, other than disclosure of information deemed sensitive. To be considered for membership in the Red Hand, you mustn't ask to be considered. We'll ask you. ;)

There is OOC recruitment, however you must first embark on and complete a quest with a current member to be recognized as fully affiliated.

Note: Previous affiliation with the Red Hand does not mean you're a member right now.

Sorahn
04-26-06, 09:17 PM
Yes I still am in the Red Hand... in case you were wondering.

And my lesser thayne is gonna rock your sox when I get there in my story. ;)

Ithermoss
04-26-06, 09:55 PM
By all means, submit him in the discussion thread in the RPC.

Udrik
04-28-06, 04:11 PM
You know I'm down.

Ithermoss
04-28-06, 06:12 PM
Heeeeeell yeah. Would you like to set up a quest?

Seether
04-28-06, 10:48 PM
Can I apply here? I've already submitted some stuff into the book of Thayne...sooo...O.o

If so then I'm going for the Cult and my patron Thanye is gonna be Y'edda the Wild. Just look at my character for the obvious reasons.

Is that right? O.o

Serilliant
04-28-06, 11:01 PM
Pick me? Again?

Though I'd like to know how you, Mr. Greedy McFatpants, surpassed me in wealth. I may as well just own you.

Ranger
04-28-06, 11:06 PM
I'm back too... when I'm done with my solo Ranger'll be a Prophet of the Thayne...

So. I was wondering. Could I have all the gods be his 'patron Thayne'? I'm basically going to go to study and such in all the temples of the Thayne... meaning I'm going to need people that want to go with me to the middle of the Black Desert and such.

Ithermoss
04-29-06, 09:05 AM
Seether: Yep. I'll add you. Y'edda the Wild, it is! You're the first under her "wing," so to speak. I would highly reccomend a related quest in Concordia. :) Since you've been a longstanding member, I will waive the IC intro thread. You're good to go.

Seril: I would love to. To be a member, I only require that you chose a patron deity (or demigod of your own design) for your character, and either work to flesh out some aspect of the deity, or submit some other relevant material to the Thayne lore. Preferrably by means of RP, but if it's basis for RP, that's good too.

You may pick N'jal as a patron, although I would reccomend keeping that a secret, ICly. :)

Becoming a member simply asserts that your character has an interest in discovering and unraveling the myths and legends behind the thayne faith.

Ranger: Sure. That is perfectly acceptable. The Thayne was once a single deity, so you could, in fact, be a disciple of that original entity.

Valentine
04-29-06, 11:07 PM
Hromagh's bitch reporting.

Ithermoss
05-01-06, 02:35 PM
Rock on. I'll edit everyone into the website's member listing tomorrow after my paper and exam are finished.

Jahl
05-05-06, 01:48 PM
I'm in if there's space, this is white out by the way, and i plan on using the cache to get him back too. BTW put this one under V'dralla please. :D

Ithermoss
05-07-06, 04:53 PM
alright. the site's been updated (found in my sig).

I am currently questing with Firehazurd, as a companion in his formal introduction to Khal'jaren's knowledge after a brief intro during the Acolyte Wars... or does this take place after. Who knows. Hooray liquid time.

Anyway, I would encourage you guys to collaborate, and even work together to explore the stuff you want to introduce to the thayne lore. The clan is much more a service to the website itself, than it is a political entity.

If you need any ideas, have any questions, or anything like that, feel free ask them here.

Ithermoss
05-15-06, 05:18 PM
Bump.

I'm going to be working on finishing the book og N'jal over the next couple days before graduation hits. I'd love an update on everyone's progress via pm.

The Puppet
05-19-06, 03:18 PM
I am currently pending acceptance, but I would still like to apply.

Edit:My PC is now accepted on althanas. Also my reason for joining would have to be because the all-powerful Puppet Master is a servant of N'jal. Naturally I hate the Puppet Master's guts so I hate N'jal. Sadly this shit is the best I can come up with.

Ithermoss
05-21-06, 09:27 PM
The Puppet: I have a couple questions before you are accepted into the clan...

1. Could you explain the "all powerful" nature of the "Puppet Master," and if he is considered an omnipotent deity, why he would need the help oif N'jal? This is an issue mostly because he's not one of the elder gods in the pantheon (i.e., who are considered "all powerful" in the Thayne faith).

2. If you join, you must take either an elder thayne, or a demigod (lesser thayne) as your patron, serve under him/her, and seek to understand their sacred knowledge. This is non-negotiable.

3. This is a quest-based pg. Therefore, you must be involved in pg related quests (one, or more; your choice). This is non-negotiable, accepting notice of a leave of absence.

The Puppet
05-21-06, 09:34 PM
1. I refer to him as that, because in 14's head he is all-powerful. He is really just a magician who knows how to raise spirits in things like puppets. He then forces these things to do his bidding.

2. V'dralla is who I follow. I am made of wood. V'dralla is credited to nature. I therefore think she would be the best canadite. The wooden thing doesn't play to much in 14's life right now, but it will.

3. I will be active, and I will start working on starting, or joining a related quest now.

Ithermoss
05-22-06, 09:24 AM
Loud and clear. Welcome, although to be considered a member, you have to have some degree of contact with one of our members. There is no OOC admission.

The Puppet
05-22-06, 10:23 AM
Understood.

Telum
06-03-06, 10:27 AM
could a character be in another PG and still become a member of Gol'bron?

Ithermoss
06-03-06, 09:42 PM
Most certainly. Hell, I'm in another PG. The Gol'bron isn't a political faction. We're not vying for much of anything, other than good RP and fleshing out the website's official mythology with submissions. The only place affiliation would really come into play would be OOC sabotage, and I highly doubt that would happen.

You would, however, have to be initiated ICly, as it is with most every pg. Love the skills you've chosen. :)

Ranger
12-19-06, 12:17 AM
hey hey hey... how's it hanging?

What's going on with the RH? I mean, I'm going to do the whole prophet of the Thayne thing with or without it... but I've seen this pg live through A LOT and I don't think it should die yet. Lol.

So, Ithy and everyone else, what's going on? Are we going to revive anything or is it all just dead at the moment? I'd personally like to revive the RH, whether I have to help raise it or not. These new groups are little more than copies of the old RH, and I'm not sure if we're still going along the same lines as them or not anymore.

Well, I'm gonna go mess around a little more... catch me on AIM if you're still active and want to make the RH live again. Or, just leave it die... it's doing pretty well with that at the moment. ;)

Sorahn
12-19-06, 12:05 PM
I feel the same way. I'm still backin this PG 100%. I want to revive it too, but I haven't seen Ithy on here in a long time.

EDIT: Just kidding, he just posted yesterday. -_-

hamnat
12-19-06, 08:54 PM
I may not be in this power group, but the issue I have at hand is one very important for you guys to consider: What to do about the emulation of the RH, which is part of this PG's history, by the Illicit Entrepreneurs.

As Ranger, who sided with RH last time, said: It is time to take sides in this conflict.

This "war" may very well shake the stability of life across Althanas, and I, one who has sworn everything, including her soul, to see this through, must know whether the Remnents of the Redhand will take up arms either with your old ties, and against me, the Peregrine Group, and many more? Or will you assist the denizens of this great world, to break the hold of these tyrants over much of Althanas. Or, as unlikely as it it, will ye be cowards in the face of this conflict, and take no side...remaining the standing neutrality.

I call upon you, my fellow Children of the Thaynes, to take up your swords, spellbooks, and bows, and do the bidding of the Thaynes to whom you're unflinchingly loyal. Or to side with the ilk of N'jal, and either plague the lands with your power as you help these fiends.

But of all things, this you must not do: take no action at all and remain idle as the sloth. I say to you, "Make your fealties known. Act upon thos fealties, and be ready for the battlefield. Prepare as needs be, but let there be a need to prepare." For those of you who do decide, I look forward to meeting ye on the field, whether it be with or against. For those of you who decide to remain neutral, may the Thaynes be merciful upon your souls. May Jomil assist you, and the Thaynes be with you all.

Sorahn
12-20-06, 12:34 AM
Speaking as the brief leader of the RH I can assure you that this PG will not remain neutral in a conflict such as this. This clan is known for its lack of neutrality. However, a group cannot take up a side when there is no group to do anything, which is the current state of the RH and the Gol'Bron. It has been so long since there has been activity that we no longer have our member base that we used to.

However, that might change soon.

hamnat
12-23-06, 03:31 AM
well if you don't make your presence public, I must say that, even though I am not one of their growing number, you may very quickly find yourselves in the service of the Peregrines, or under the boot of the Entrepreneurs. As you may have noticed, they are becoming very powerful quite quickly, and if the Red Hand is anything like what I've heard, you aren't going to stand by and do nothing, now are you?

Already, events are in motion in Corone. The world may find itself on the brink of war if this isn't resolved quickly. And although a catyclism was the planned end for Shen's Legend, this is too soon. I'm begging you to summon up your resources and help alleviate this threat.

As for the situation, the Peregrines recently took Servath hostage, but an apparent Entrepreneur has snatched him from their grasp, under the pretense of bounty hunting. That person is, unfortunately, the infamous Max Dirks. The Peregrines, although powerful already, will need all the help they can get. Reason tells me that this will blow over like so much sand in the desert, but my gut has set it in stone that this will be huge.

They need your influence. The Peregrines are likely going to lose the Brotherhood to the Entrepreneurs, and if that happens, well....say hello to the first mass war on player-contolled Althanas. As much power as the Hand has lost, they still have old ties and influence, which the Peregrines will need. Please help them, me, Althanas.

Ithermoss
12-23-06, 07:57 AM
Do not doubt my presence in this room, woman. I am here, and I am watching. Much has been said about my kin in the past. Much has been wagered as well. However, you must know that all attempts at rallying my kind for a conflict that isn't ours have failed. We don't choose our battles on behalf of beggars and whelps.

I could buy your entire little enterprise to do my will, if I so decided. You might not be for sale, but trust me, everyone is. A financially-driven enterprise like you may just find itself buried deeper in my pockets than it can afford, not for reasons of financial distress, but in what else is owed. Do not assume that whoever knocks on my door first will recieve my favor. If we are to participate, we shall do so at our own pace, and at the Thayne's choosing.

Even assuming to know their will shows your ignorance. Toss their names around all you like; make accusations about who serves the Nemesis as you will. You are no wiser than the superstitious vender selling false relics on the streetcorner. Think yourself otherwise, but delusions do you no good. This does you no good, as well. Leave this place, and speak always the words of wisdom, young elfblood, for there are times in this world when you may do so only once. This was one of them. The next time you are so bold to use the word 'coward' in my presence, I will have your tongue wound into jewelry. "

hamnat
12-23-06, 02:30 PM
I stand by what I have said, and note a keyword used in that same context: unlikely. I so not believe ye to be cowards, nor do I fear you. And as I said before, I am not one of the Peregrines. I simply speak on behalf of them in hopes to secure a, ah...temporary alliance amongst the three groups: the Peregrines, you and your men, and me and my companions.

The Peregrines and my companions have sworn to side against the Entrepreneurs and are simply asking for your help. If you find my presence here unwelcome, my lord, I shall leave posthaste. I thank you for your audience, and I apologize for giving the slightest notion that I believe you are, well....you did say not to use that word again.

Ithermoss
12-23-06, 06:57 PM
((Hamnat, it might be best if we took this into a battle thread.))

hamnat
12-23-06, 06:59 PM
((The Citadel sound good to you?))

Ithermoss
12-23-06, 07:48 PM
(Yep. I'll set it up)

Ithermoss
12-23-06, 11:26 PM
http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=3550 post away

hamnat
12-24-06, 02:13 PM
Im going to be blown to smithereens...I can already tell.