PDA

View Full Version : The Labyrinth

Caliginosus
09-07-07, 10:56 PM
This is closed to Xilium, Rahegalhoff, and Graphic. If you have some dire urge to join, and worry that your spleen will burst all over my computer if you don't, PM me and I may consider letting you in. (Just to make sure my computer stays clean and dry.) Remember, NO MAGIC!!! Good luck, Have fun!

The salty sea breeze brushed his cheek as Caliginosus stared out over the greenish-blue water. He had gotten on board the ship on a whim, but now as he relaxed and enjoyed the voyage, he didn't regret it at all. As he was still in search of the qualities neccesary for a true adventurer, he had decided that perhaps getting better with a melee weapon could help him survive out in the wilderness. He didn't want to learn the sword or the axe, but he figured if he could at least use a knife as a last resort that it might be helpful in the long run. However, he couldn't really find any sparring partners back in Scara Brae... He hadn't found many people who wanted to practice with him, and the few that did quickly reconsidered when they found out about his lackluster skills with a blade. The entire event had been a bit of a blow to Caliginosus' confidence, and he had been somewhat sulky until he had gotten word of an arena called 'The Citadel.'

He wasn't sure why he hadn't heard of it before, as when he asked others almost everyone seemed to know what he meant, but what he had heard excited him. Apparently you could fight in any sort of arena imaginable, and you could fight with anyone, and you could even die! Apparently the monks who operated the secret magicks of the place could heal any injury... Or perhaps you didn't actually get injured, it was only in your mind? No one he asked seemed to really know how it worked, they just knew that you were as good as new when the fight was over. Caliginosus had figured out it was on Corone, and before he could talk himself out of it, he got on a ship bound for the port nearest Radasanth.

He hadn't really worked out all the details yet of what he wanted to do, he just wanted to be able to practice his knife fighting, and to be able to do it without worrying about inflicting injury made him much more comfortable. He took a deep breath, and watched as the sun made it's way downwards. The rays of light lit up the water just before it set, making it seem like an ocean of gold. He had been leaning on the ship's railing, his arms crossed, and as the light faded he pushed off the wood and stretched his arms and legs. He looked around, watching all the various sailors going about their work and the other passengers, and then headed off for his quarters.

It was a simple affair, he had a very small room with a small bed and a small nightstand with an unlit candle on it. He undressed and got in bed, and after a few minutes he fell soundly asleep. The next few days passed quickly, and soon Caliginosus had arrived at the port. He got off and headed into the small sea-side village, looking around for an inn or tavern. It didn't take long to find one and he promptly walked in. He felt somewhat foolish for needing directions, but nonetheless he walked up to the barkeep and asked, "What path might one follow if he felt the need to reach Radasanth?" The man looked up from the mug he was cleaning, and sized Caliginosus up. He nodded slightly, and then said, "Follow the road east out of town... It'll be obvious, you'll pass by an armory called the 'Rusty Dagger' on your way out."

Caliginosus was relieved the bartender had answered his question without any snide remark, and with a quick thankyou he headed out. He didn't actually know what direction was which at the moment, but he figured he'd just head off in a direction and make sure he passed by the shop mentioned before leaving town. As he met a dead-end a few minutes later, he regretted not asking directions, and he quickly made his way back to the tavern. Calling out to a man walking nearby he said, "Oi! I just got off a ship, and I've no sense of direction. Which way is east?" The man didn't reply, he simply pointed in the opposite direction he was walking. Caliginosus grinned and nodded, and turned left to follow his finger. It was only a minute until he saw the weapon shop, and he contemplated entering, but he figured he should get a move on. It was a nice afternoon in Corone, and he hoped to be in Radasanth by nightfall.

He met no troubles on the road, there were no highwaymen or fallen trees or evil poisonous toads, and he got to Radasanth while the sun was still up in the sky. He almost stopped to ask directions as he entered, but he quickly saw a large building not far off, and figured that was where he wanted to go. His guess was correct, as he noticed the word 'CITADEL' was emblazoned over the large archway as he entered, a minute or two later. There was a counter not far ahead, and as he walked up, a monk bowed towards him. "Uh, hello there..." He started, unsure of what the etiquette was. "I'm new here, but I came because I wanted to practice my skills with a knife. Is there any way I can just sort of fight some random person that I don't know, with only weapons?" he said, continuing. The monk smiled and starting walking off at a brisk pace, motioning for him to follow.

Caliginosus shrugged his shoulders and followed the monk, almost needing to jog to keep up. They soon came to a fairly large door, and the monk unlocked it with a strange shaped key. The door opened slowly, and the monk motioned for Caliginosus to enter. Caliginosus nodded and walked in, noticing immediately that it was fairly dark inside. He almost walked into a wall that was a few feet in front of him. Concentrating on the darkness, he closed his eyes and willed the shadows to clear, trying to make his black magic shed light. It was fairly ironic, and it was also a futile attempt as Caliginosus opened his eyes and saw it was just as dark as before. Confused, he held his arm out, and tried to force the shadows in front of it to shoot forward. Nothing happened. Raising an eyebrow in utter befuddlement, he turned to look at the monk, who hadn't closed the door. The monk shook his head and pointed towards the knife hanging at Caliginosus' waist.

Caliginosus understood after a few moments, and grinned at the monk for adhering exactly to his request. He took out his knife, and stalked off to the right, hoping there wouldn't be another wall. There wasn't for a time, and he continued walking. Moments after he left the light coming from the open door he heard it closed, and he was shrouded in the dim light. It didn't take long for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, and he could see fairly well, but he still managed to walk into a pot right in front of him. It fell over and broke, making a loud crashing noise that echoed between the close walls. He could see walls to either side, about five feet of space between them, and he occasionally passed passages branching out from his path. Looking closely at the walls revealed various racks of dusty weapons. He picked one up, but it crumbled in his hand; it was apparently made of stone and very old. He grabbed another that seemed sturdier, and dropped it on the ground. It didn't break, but it had looked dull nonetheless. It was slightly dusty, and as his feet hit the ground (Which made a fair amount of noise, as the sound echoed off in all directions), dust rose up to greet him. When he passed an opening in the wall to his right he wasn't even suprised any more. Normally right past the wall would be the corrider of the citadel, yet the path he saw seemed to continue for some time. He walked past a great many vases and pots, and for a while nothing happened. He wondered if anyone would come into the maze sort of thing, or if he was just going to be stuck there... However, before he could consider much else, he heard a loud rumbling above him!

He felt some dust pour down on his head and he instinctively leapt forward. Not a moment later the roof of the passage collapsed behind him. He started to run forward at first, but he heard no further rumblings, so he stopped for a moment to catch his breath. Apparently he was in a crumbling ruin... Or rather, looking at the four branching paths in front of him, a crumbling labyrinth!

Rahegalhoff
09-08-07, 02:08 PM
OOC: I am assuming that I recieved the two items I wanted at the Bazaar, as this takes place after my trip to the Bazaar, however since I do not yet know the characteristics of the shield I will be getting, I will not be using it, but instead will use a temporary wooden buckler found in the labrynth.

IC:
The day had started out stormy for Rahegalhoff. He had been journeying from a Monastery called the Order of Omni. It was a small order on the outskirts of the island of Corone shielded from most people via strong magic barriers. The Abbot had taken Rahegalhoff in during a dark period in his life when he lost his Wife, son and farm to a mysterious knight in Black Armor. He had few details to go on however and so journeyed to the capital city of Radasanth.

On his way there he stopped by an armor store he didn't bother learning the name of, and there purchased Studded leather armor and a shield. As he left the shop, the weather broke and the sun began to shine.

Rahegalhoff asked around a few places for the knight, and everyone kept telling him to check the Citadel. Wanting to see it anyway, Rahegalhoff headed off for the citadel, and there to his shock and surprise, he met a monk of Aibrone who looked almost exactly like Brother Albert.

"Brother Albert, what are you doing here?" Rahegalhoff exclaimed with delight when he saw the man he thought was his friend and teacher from the monastery.

"Hmm? Oh, no, I'm not him, you must be Rahegalhoff though. He's my identical Twin Brother. He founded his own monastery, I joined the Monks of Aibrone. My name is Mark, what brings you here Raggy?" asked Albert's twin brother Mark.

Rahegalhoff raised an eyebrow.
"Raggy? Anyways, I'm hunting down the knight that killed my family. People suggusted he might be here, though why he would be here at a Monastery I don't know. Have you seen him?" Rahegalhoff asked.

"This isn't just a monastery, this is the world famous arena known as The Citadel. Many strong people come here from all over to test their strength against strong rivals without fear of dying. I mean, its possible to die, but we won't let you die forever. I'll tell you what, participate in a match, and I'll help you in your quest." Brother Mark said.

Rahegalhoff thought about it. "Promise I'll leave this arena in the same condition I walked in?" he asked.

"You have the word of every monk here." Brother Mark said. Several nearby monks nodded in the affirmative that this was true.

"Ok." Rahegalhoff said.

"Excellent, we'll put you in a multi-man Melee. Follow me please." Brother Mark said.

Rahegalhoff followed Brother Mark into the citadel. He reached a door which he had unlocked moments before Rahegalhoff arrived and opened the door.

"Our Arenas are renouned for being able to be practicly anything. Be careful." Brother Mark warned.

Rahegalhoff entered the arena and stumbled around for several minutes until his eyes adjusted to the light.

"Oh great, a collapsing Labrynth, hope I don't find a Minotaur." He said aloud as he hard a path collapsing somewhere.

He decided he would take a tunnel to his right. He drew his sword, he hopped he didn't completly lose his first citadel battle and made a good showing. Otherwise he would feel rather embarrassed.

Xilium Rupertus
09-11-07, 11:21 AM
First off this is my first Rping post in over a year, so bear with me getting back into the groove of writing. Also sorry about all the random storyplot of my character i'm adding in, I just need to have it so Xilium has a reason to go back to the citadel

Xilium couldn’t remember the last time he had been in a area like this. Well, actually, he couldn’t remember much of anything since the accident in the Salvarian Mountains. Waking up surrounded by dozens of dead figures with a sword through your arm and a dagger in your side wasn’t the best of feelings in the world, and not knowing what happened or why was even worse. Even how he was alive after wounds like that was somewhat of a mystery; it seemed to dance in the back of his mind, like a moth just out of reach. Bits and pieces would come up now and again, but nothing substantial enough to tell him…well who he really was.

“Though I guess sometimes it’s better not to know…” he thought bitterly, looking at his slim body through his naturally darkened eyes. Such bitter thoughts had come up more and more often as segments of whom he was came back. His personality…well it was a lot darker then he cared to imagine. He felt that some sort of weight had been lifted off his shoulders, and that for now it was better not to know. So instead of looking for who he was he just traveled, a nostalgic feeling coming up sometimes telling him he had been through all these places before.

A feeling similar to that came over as he walked in the large city of Radasanth. People of all color’s and races of Althanas bustled about, the biggest melting pot of all Althanas. The citadel could be seen in the distant, ominously hanging over the smaller housings. He had been there many times before, battling all sorts of combatants of all calibers, defeating them one by one in a attempt to gain the feeling of that place…

“ Here you go mister,”

Startled Xilium jumped to the left, hooking his scythe around till it lay behind…a young boy’s neck. For a moment both just stared at each other wide eyed, both feeling they were in the worst of situations at that moment. Then the boy threw a paper into Xilium’s hand and darted of, screaming obscenities that no young child should know behind him. Caught in a slight daze, Xilium just watched him go at a distance, at a loss on what to do. The guard would surely be coming soon after this display, and that would lead to much more trouble then he wanted.

Seeing the paper fluttering by his feet he picked it up for a moment and read it over.

Salvar Crushes Demons!
Surprise attack ends Haidian expansion before it begins
Other nations express surprise, caution

Exciting and terrifying news today from Haide, where a crack force of Salvaran soldiers utterly defeated the demons attempting to populate that land.

In an unprecedented surprise maneuver, forces under the command of Lieutenant Stollard Valdsdale and acting at the personal direction of King Iorlan I Rathaxea of Salvar appeared suddenly in Haide. They had landed the previous night, and attacked early in the morning. The demons were caught completely at unawares, and by the end of the day the survivors had fled back underneath the earth.

Those who did not flee were either killed in battle or executed after surrendering. To date, the only information we have on the battle comes directly from an anonymous source in Salvar's embassy to Corone, who spoke in glowing terms of the victory.

"Salvar has proven itself up to the task of world defense," the source said. "Where other nations proved either too timid or too weak to respond to the demon threat, the Kingdom of Salvar has shown itself to be both capable and willing to undertake serious tasks."

The response from other nations was mixed. The High Bard Council issued a public statement late in the day expressing regret that Salvar had not consulted with them prior to launching the attack. Corone's government released a terse response at around the same time. "The government of Corone expresses gratitude for the removal of the demons from above ground," the statement read in part.

Alerar's statement came much quicker, and was even shorter than Corone's. "We have closed the portals in Alerar, and would urge all other nations to do so," said the statement, and then ended.

And all other nations did. At press time, we received word that the last of the known portals, which connected from Fallien to the Labyrinth of Vainta, had been closed by authorities there.

It is certain that this is not the end of the story. Although we were unable to reach any demons for comment, Demon General Zieg dil'Tulfried was not present at the attack on the settlement. His whereabouts are currently unknown, but it is sure that he will not sit idly by should he hear of this encroachment.

“Zieg dil’Tulfried…”

A image popped into his head of a man in blue and black armor, holding two swords by the name of Gamygym and Rohtan. Standing over him, taking a blast of heat head-on from some sort of demon in a place far outside the realms of Althanas, yelling for him to get up and back into the battle. It was so close…

“HEY YOU!”

Turning Xilium watched two Rathasnian guards coming forward, swords already drawn. Letting out a curse he turned and ran towards the Citadel as fast as he could, much faster then a normal human. It took him but moments to enter the well built yet homely halls, built to withstand any attack. Looking around him he grabbed the first monk he could find, which turned out to be a heavyset man in his mid thirties. The face seemed familiar but now was not the time for such things.

“ I need a place to go, now!”

“ Of course Lord Xilium. This way.”

The monk darted off to the west as fast as his chubby legs could carry him, pulling Xilium along by his robe. Coming to a large double-sided door he pulled a key out of his pocket and pushed it open. Turning he smiled at Xilium, the bright smile of more then an acquaintance.

“ This area was once a labyrinth used to test the newly hired monks, teaching them the physical strain the human body must endure to be purified. However it is being used as a battleground right now for 3 others. Finish them off, and then come back and talk with me about what really happened to The Order Within Chaos.”

Boggled Xilium started for a second, before hearing the footsteps of the guards behind him. With a sigh he ran inside hearing the doors slam behind him. Taking a moment he sat down on the dusty stone ground with a sigh, taking in his surroundings. It was going to be a long day it seemed….

Caliginosus
09-16-07, 12:41 AM
Caliginosus peered out towards the four branching stone paths before him. His eyes had adjusted now to the dim light, and he could see quite well. He almost felt like some higher power, having the choice of which one of four destinies he could pick.

Grinning to himself for his moment of silliness, he began to take a step forwards down the path that was closest to his left, however he stopped with his foot still in the air when he heard more noise. It sounded like the opening and closing of a door, and soon after that he heard someone speak.

He couldn't decipher the wording, and as his foot touched the floor he started jogging in the direction of the words. Or, atleast what seemed to be the source of the noise; in these stone walls it was hard to tell where a sound was coming from. He continued jogging along until he felt his foot squeeze tightly together for a second, and then felt it fall down again.

When he lifted it, he could feel something around it, and looking down showed a pot stuck around his foot. The opening was just a little smaller than his foot, and as such he couldn't get it out. He grabbed for his knife and crouched down. Using the pommel of the knife he struck the pot, making quite a few cracks in the old pottery, and then hit it once more to get a satisfying breaking sound.

Lifting his foot free of the debris, he continued on, sure that someone would have heard. Along his way he heard another door open and close, this time it seemed to be much closer than the last. Turning down a new corrider, he hurried on. However, after only a few moments he saw a shape forming not too far off. Gripping his knife tightly he slowed down to a walk and continued towards the shape.

As he got closer he could tell it was another live being, as to what race it was he couldn't say, although it resembled a human. His feet, although he was moving very slowly, still made a little sound, and once he got within about seven feet he stopped and waited for something, anything, to happen.

Rahegalhoff
09-16-07, 04:00 PM
Rahegalhoff was walking down the tunnel, when he came accross wooden debri littering the walkway, as though a door had once been here or something. He sifted through it, and found a section with a couple of Iron rungs in it, as though a stout log could slide through them and thus lock the door shut. The wood seemed to be in good condition, not wholly rotted, and indeed the good parts formed a sort of rough shield. Rahegalhoff strapped it to his arm. Tomorrow he was going to have a steel shield with spikes in it. He couldn't wait.

He felt a thrill of danger tingle down his spine. Thinking it might be that minotaur he hopped he didn't find he turned. What if someone had seen him and was following him at a distance, someone that may have bow, or a throwing knife, but then if they wanted to win, why did they not simply attack. He turned and started advancing back down the way he came, if someone was trying to sneak up on him, he was going to ruin their surprise.

He saw a shape forming out of the darkness. He gripped his sword.

"Be you beast or be you man, my head you will not have." Rahegalhoff said, partially for his own reassurance, partially as a threat to whoever, or whatever it was coming at him.

He had a good range with his longsword, and thrust forward with it, aiming for where he hoped the heart was, right where it would be on a human.

Xilium Rupertus
09-16-07, 07:59 PM
((Well I’m taking into consideration that Rahl and Cog have found each other, as my character has yet to move from his starting area. I understand the basic concept of the area, so I’m just winging it with that.))

A few spiders lingered in cobwebs hanging off of broken pottery and ruined furniture, in what seemed to have been a sitting room of some sort. After what he had heard from his so-called friend, it must have been where the monks got their first assignment within the Labyrinth. Taking in his surroundings for a few moments, Xilium wondered what magnificent creatures and hidden traps would be waiting within the darkened passageways. If this were really a training ground for the monks of The Citadel, there would be more here then just a few other combatants. Hopefully one or two of the combatants would die before he had to deal with anything at all.

Standing he took a moment to search the tables and other surroundings items in hope that something helpful would catch his eye. The darkness here had no effect on his eyesight; magic had long ago turned his eyes so the blackest of darkness was nothing. The control of shadows for over a century seemed to be a blessing and a curse in many aspects of his life, but it was something long ago he had come to terms with. For a moment it seemed there was nothing around but scattered objects, but as he scanned the wall he saw some etched wordings and symbols. Walking over it took it all in for a moment, checking over what seemed to be random lettering, then smiled.

“This isn’t just random symbols,” he chuckled,” It’s a map.”

Throughout the Citadel, there was always lettering on the floors leading down the paths, and for a long time Xilium hadn’t known what it had really meant, thinking it some sort of ritualistic part of what went on in the building. But seeing this now, he understood that it was directions of some sort. In front of him was everything he needed to control the entire battle between these unnamed men…yet it was all for moot. Without the key to the lettering he would be wasting time here reading it over. Sighing he memorized as much as he could in the few moments he stood in front of it and turned to leave the room, hoping it would come in some sort of use later on.

Walking through the first corridor he wondered what sort of people would choose to have a battle within a Labyrinth. With the infinite possibilities within the Citadel it seemed to be almost to stereotypical for his tastes. Perhaps he would have to ask one of the others before he killed them, well unless they all died before he got there. That was always the best way to go about it, lead to less stress and work. Hearing the sound of a pot breaking he let that idea wisp away in the wind…well if there had been any wind to wisp it away.

For now, lets see if I can stay out of the way and find out just whom I’m up against.

Thrusting his unarmed hand out he began to softly chant words of dark magic, drawing the darkness over him in a shroud of sorts. By slightly inverting the darkness one could create a illusion of nothingness, leaving him almost invisible to a normal human’s eye. However it was rare that a “ normal” human was someone that he came up against, and he left himself on guard just in case. The sound had come from up the corridor and to the left, and steeling himself he began to walk forward. Soft footprints on the dust could be seen where he stepped, though he was unaware of their presence. Something was coming over him, a feeling of hunger for battle. Trying to keep a cool head he snuck forward, waiting for a sound to tell what was to come.

Graphic Description
09-16-07, 08:14 PM
ooc// Hello. My posts are a bit on the short side, so I apologize. Also, if I overlook something that somebody else's character has done, please point it out so that I can fix it.//

"Y-Yes, ma'am. Here you go. The fight started just minutes ago…"

"Spare me the boredom, you stuttering excuse for a person. Just close the freakin' door."

"Welcome to The Labyrinth. I hate you…" The monk muttered a curse or two as he slammed the door to the Citadel's lobby, plunging the demon into a dusty darkness. Something close to a fanged smile emerged on her features. Oh, how Demonica loved the Citadel. The violence, the blood, the variability. Every day a new enemy, a new arena, a new shot at glorious, gory victory. And, from the curious mews of her skeleton-cat, she knew that Femur enjoyed them, too.

The smile faded. This was different; that monk called it a labyrinth. A maze of some sort. Demonica had never been good at mazes as a child. Her race was known as cruel strategists. She had always preferred improvised bloodshed to careful planning. Perhaps that was what led to…

She shook her head and hit it against a crumbling wall, in an attempt to focus her thoughts. Whether this was a real labyrinth or just a nickname for some odd arena, it wasn't very stable. If any fighting was to be done, it had to be done quickly.

The demon bolted down the first corridor, pausing at a three-way fork in the path. She picked the left branch at random, and was about to dash down it, when a loud creak startled her. Femur started yowling, in a vain attempt to alert his master to the danger…

"SCELESTUS VOMICA - OH, CRAP!!!"

A large chunk of the ceiling slammed onto Demonica's foot. Though it was almost solid dust, it was enough to make her scream curses to the… Hells? After about a minute of hardcore Latin-Tradespeak profanity, Femur felt that he had to object. Climbing out of his master's backpack, he began scratching the filthy walls. Though the sign wasn't very clear, Demonica could understand her pet quite well.

"Oh, yeah! I forgot, the reason why the ceiling hit me in the first place was beca-"

An earthquake-like sensation rocked the passage as it began to collapse. Amazingly silent, the demon scooped up her bony cat and tore down the path. By the time that she reached the intersection that she'd come upon earlier, debris had filled in half of the left corridor. Out of breath but relieved, she leaned against one of the more stable walls and stroked Femur.

A minute later, the sound of something shattering echoed to Demonica's right. Curious, she rounded the corner, moving at a slower pace than before. Her wings fidgeted nervously as she came to the next clearing, and she paused for a moment before leaving the narrow hall.

"Be you beast or man, my head you will not have."

At that, the demon took a few paces back, unsure if the statement was directed at her. The tip of a longsword came into her field of vision, but it wasn't aimed at her. Rather, it pointed to something in the hallway next to her. Demonica tried to picture where the holder of the blade stood (The dust was so thick that she couldn't see him). When she had her trajectory, she prepared to strike; her wings folded back, fangs forward, talons unsheathed. Demonica waited a few eternal seconds, then pounced, blindly, into the haze.

//ooc: Just a note: She misses. Mmmkay.//

Caliginosus
09-17-07, 07:44 PM
As discussed in the OOC thread, Graphic is fighting Xilium, not myself or Rahegalhoff. As such, I'd appreciate it if you, Rahegalhoff, for the most part ignored him or her, and Xilium find some way to meet up with Graphic. Graphic, as I can't see much of a reason for your character to stop fighting, I'd guess the most plausible scenario is that you went sailing more than six or seven feet away, and another collapse happened, seperating us from you.

Caliginosus' eyes observed the figure, who definitely seemed human, and he gripped his dagger more tightly, trying to decide whether he should attack first. However he could see the outline of a sword in one of his hands now, and any simpleton could see that a sword would reach its target before a knife.

However, before any attack was made more rumbling was heard, but it sounded far off. Some dust rose, although it was not enough to cloud Caliginosus' vision. He turned for a moment to see a strange sort of creature with wings and claws looking towards the swordwielder.

Great, now some abomination to humanity has joined the fight, he thought, unsure of why he was compelled towards such racism. However, after a few moments, a lot happened very quickly. The bird like creature shot forwards towards the swordsman, and at the same time the man had taken a step and lunged towards Caliginosus. The female-seeming creature missed, most likely due to the man taking the step forward, and Caliginosus awkwardly took a step sideways to dodge the blade.

Had he been closer to the sword in the first place, he surely would have gotten stabbed. He nearly tripped in his step, and had to put his hand against the wall to steady himself. He took a quick glance at the ground and saw a small pot that seemed to still be fairly sturdy. It was about six inches wide, and he grabbed it and put his hand inside, hoping to make it into some sort of shield. In an attempt to act before the assailent could recover, and almost completely ignoring the winged beast, Caliginosus took a step forward and lunged, lower than the man's previous attack.

It was aimed at the lower chest, while he doubted it'd do substantial damage besides bleeding if it hit, he didn't want to lunge too close to the man's blade. He knew he was still risking his head by making the movement forward as it had been a few seconds since the swordsman's first attack, but he also knew he had no chance in hell of defending against the sword for very long.

Rahegalhoff
09-18-07, 01:26 PM
OOC: I was confused for the most part, as it was you I had been lunging at at the first place. Graphic had me confused, but now everything is clear, thanks.

IC:
Rahegalhoff felt something brush his backside as he lunged forward. Rahegalhoff backpeddled quickly and hit the wall behind him, touching off a collapse beside him, blocking the creature from him.

He noticed the outline infront of him bend over and pick up a temporary shield in the form of a pot. Rahegalhoff grinned as he noticed his opponet only had a knife.

Who brings a sword to a knife fight? The winner of course.

He doubted either of their makeshift shields would last much beyond three to four hits with anything.

Rahegalhoff hadn't taken his eyes off his opponet infront of him.

A Low Jab to the chest with the knife. the most it could do was be irritating and bleed, making him lose focus, but then, that was why shields were invented. He blocked with his shield, his fist straight up. That was the nice thing about wood, it tended to hold bladed objects nicely. He twisted his left arm, which was his shield arm, to the right, making his fist point stright down and swung it wide, in an attempt to twist the knife out of his opponets hands and remove it from reach.

At the same time, Rahegalhoff kicked for the other persons groin area as hard as he possibly could. While he doubted it would end the fight, if the other person was brought down with it, it would provide a chance to do something more effective with his sword.

Graphic Description
09-23-07, 10:08 PM
Dust blasted the demon’s features as she leapt, expecting to tear into the flesh of whatever unfortunate person lay in her wake. She sailed through the air, eyes closed, and was, needless to say, quite a spectacle to the other combatants. A random demon-girl flying into what had been a relatively chaos-free battle.

Thankfully, almost ironically, she missed.

Demonica slammed into a crumbling wall on the other side of the plaza, knocking it down with a bone-jarring crash. She skidded to a halt behind the wall’s decrepit remains. Stunned and disoriented, the demon looked back just in time to watch a huge chunk of Labyrinth collapse.

She was now separated from her prey.

It took Demonica a full minute to catch her breath (the wind had been knocked out of her by the impact). To her own surprise, she was silent, enduring the pain of her freshly broken forearm. Femur, it seemed, was no better off, and he limped clumsily around, mewing in confusion and wishing his master could explain what had just happened.

The demon rested in a heap on the ground, nursing the spear of white bone that poked from her skin. Blood had begun to form a gruesome pool around her arm, and her breathing had become shallow. Her wings were still fully extended, perhaps as an instinctual ploy to look more frightening, but serving no real purpose as she crouched on the dirty stone floor.

Demonica sensed someone drawing near, heard footsteps, felt an air of power coming closer. Someone was coming, someone tough. Maybe, maybe, a match for a well Demonica, but certainly not one for the wounded creature that sprawled on the floor of the Labyrinth. Forgotten was the fact that one couldn’t truly die in the Citadel. Forgotten was Femur, forgotten was hunger, sadness and pain. She knew only of the looming death that drew closer, the unknown figure who strode toward her, the person that would surely kill Demonica.

The suspense was actually more painful than her grotesque injury.

Taskmienster
10-02-09, 03:33 PM
This thread has been waiting for over a year. If you would like to complete it, or work on it further, you can PM myself or another staff member and ask for it to be moved. However, till that time, it will be resting in the Citadel Archive forum.

Thanks,
~Task