PDA

View Full Version : A new tool of slashy-death goodness

Elijah_Morendale
09-11-07, 10:15 PM
It was just plain unfair that Nadia had me buy her a sword while I was stuck with this wimpy piece of crap. She was completely clueless as to how to wield any sort of weapon in the first place, let alone a precision instrument of death such as the katana that was always strapped to my back as I strolled the cobblestone streets of Radasanth.

So, after a brief argument with her this morning which alerted the innkeeper to my borderline madness, I resolved to upgrade my arsenal a little bit--with or without the consent of my other self. I was about to head to the shop that I bought the katana in, but decided against it. The look the shopkeeper gave me after Nadia was done swinging that sharp strip of steel around was enough to put me off of his place for the rest of my days.

Luckily for me, though, the shop district had a multitude of places I could pick up something to my liking. I opened the door to one such establishment, the rusty hinges creaking as I walked into the musty shop.

"Hello?"

Moonlit Raven
09-12-07, 01:25 AM
This is the last time I do a favor for Rowen. Geez, when was the last time he dusted? Erin thought a little grumpily. Opening a window or two wouldn't hurt either. She missed the sound of the door opening and closing in her halfhearted grumblings.

Squeaking in surprise at the sudden appearance of the voice in the store, Erin dropped the arm full of dusty clothing; she carried towards the back door to give them a good beating. Sneezing and waving a hand to dispel the cloud of dust rising into the air Erin turned to look at the customer.

“Ello there dearie.” A wide smile appeared on Erin’s face as she abandoned the clothing and moved towards her customer. Her matronly form easily avoided the items haphazardly sticking out of the shelves.

“You’ll have to excuse the store. I’m looking after the store for Rowen today. It needs a woman’s touch it does. Tidying and dusting would cheer this place up right quick.’ Erin tittered for a moment then smiled again. “There I go again jabbering away, shame on me. What can I do for you?”

Elijah_Morendale
09-12-07, 07:51 AM
I couldn't help but to chuckle. "Yeah, this place is a bit messy, isn't it..." My eyes wandered around the interior of the shop, dozens and dozens of weapons catching my eye. But I wanted something specific, and thought that the best way to find it was to merely ask for it.

"I was wondering. By any chance do you have a few daggers lying around that are made of something a little stronger than steel I can take a look at? Oh, and if they're eight inches or longer, that'd be perfect."

Moonlit Raven
09-12-07, 11:41 PM
Erin smiled at the young man.

"Of course there is, love. Here, follow me." Erin hurried off towards the far corner of the shop. As she neared it she wondered at the oddity of this particular corner. Not a spec of dust or dirt could be found and every blade was in top shape.

"I'm thinking Rowen has this area enchanted to preserve the weapons. It's a shame he did do the rest of the store too. Oh, how rude of me, I just realized I have told you my name. It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Erin." Erin broke off the stream of nearly unending words and started looking through the shelves.

"I know I saw some... ah ha!" Erin pulled out a Damascus dirk only two inches shy of the length of her forearm. She pulled the hard leather sheath off of it to show him the light almost pearly gray of the metal.

"Here we go. This blade of made of damascus, its lighter and stronger than steel but heavier than mythril and it very well balanced. Damascus is very easily enchanted and does not resist a magical attack very well." Erin held it out towards the man to inspect for himself.

"The cost of that blade is 340 gold pieces."

Elijah_Morendale
09-13-07, 10:11 PM
"What the--Three hundred forty gold?!"

Aw, shit. The beast stirs.

Nadia materialized in front of me looking none to happy. Her one visible eye was filled with anger as she continued to tear me a new one verbally. "The fuck I'm letting you buy such an expensive piece of shit while I'm stuck waving around that wimpy piece of tin foil!" My imaginary friend pointed at the katana that I had strapped to my back.

Had Erin not been standing a scant few feet in front of me holding a nice dagger that I was dead set on buying, I would've reciprocated, screaming my fool head off at a figment of my imagination. But instead, I settled on sighing to myself as Nadia continued her tirade.

I nodded at the shop girl. "Yes, that sounds reasonable to me. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy it. Mind if I swing it about a bit, so I can get a feel for how it handles?"

Moonlit Raven
09-15-07, 05:05 AM
Erin shook her head and handed the dirk over to the young man.

"Not at all love. Would be right to buy something if you don't get a feel for it first.' Erin smiled, more than a little wistfully. 'I remember. a time when a gentleman I knew spent the whole day testing out swords in a blacksmiths shop. In the end he decided he didn't like a single one of 'em. That smith was right furious." Erin giggled and pulled herself back to reality

Elijah_Morendale
09-15-07, 09:33 AM
I smiled at the girl's story. "Yeah, I'd be a little upset too." In actuality, I probably wouldn't have cared, but Nadia... She would've taken over and killed the poor bastard in cold blood for wasting my--our, if you will--time like that.

I delicately took the dagger from her hands, gripping the hilt and sliding it out of the hard leather sheathe. The damascus gleamed in the tinted sunlight. Indeed it was a light weapon, a few tosses from hand to hand verified that. But, how would it hold up in combat?

"Dammit! If you're going to spend that much money on a piece of shit like that, surely you can get me another sword!" Nadia was still bitching about the dagger.

It was time to test my technique with this thing. I quickly spun around in my imaginary friend's direction and quickly slashed. I caught her off guard and the dagger passed through her abdomen. Nadia cried out in surprise as she vanished from my sight.

I took a couple more quick slashes, spinning the instrument around in my hand as I gracefully moved from one invisible target to the next. It was a very fast weapon, one that would probably take a little while to get used to. I smiled as I turned back to the shopkeeper. "I'll take it!" I dug into my jacket pocket, producing the gold needed to complete the transaction.

Moonlit Raven
09-15-07, 02:16 PM
Erin smiled, pleased the the man liked the weapon. Taking his gold, she handed him the sheathe for the dirk.

"You have a nice day, hon. Come back if you need anything."

Transaction complete. Elijah_Morendale loses 340 gold and gains 100 EXP for good IC interactions.