PDA

View Full Version : Money transfers.

Xilium Rupertus
09-12-07, 06:35 PM
So how does this work now. A while back you could send gold as gift through the User CP, but it doesn't seem that's in affect anymore, so just wondering if we have to ask a mod to do it or what's up.

Only reason i'm asking Is I plan on giving my gold to the PG group I've joined lol. Gold is a waste anyway, everyone should go RP for their Items 0_o.

Serilliant
09-12-07, 06:59 PM
Right now, all gold transfers have to be IC. That is, there must be some sort of in character reason for the transfer to take place.

For PGs, it's a bit easier. You need only head over to The Gilded Vault (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=161) and post in the appropriate thread that you want to transfer x amount of gold to the treasury. After that, an administrator will be along to make the exchange.

Xilium Rupertus
09-12-07, 07:00 PM
Alright, thanks Serilliant. I can see why you won the most helpful mod/admin award lol.

Seth_Rahl
09-12-07, 07:33 PM
As long as we're on the topic of money, i'd like to ask something relating to the point Xilium just made. What, if you can get better items and equipment as spoils, is the point of gold? Not that I don't like the roleplaying aspect in the Bazaar, I thought it might be intriguing if a character bought something dangerous there and it started to go on a rampage i.e. dragons. but anyways doesn't that defeat the purpose of gold?

Kially Gaith
09-12-07, 07:35 PM
If your powergroup ever gets stupidly rich, there is always small children running round with empty pockets! ^_~

Seth_Rahl
09-12-07, 07:44 PM
Lol...yeah but what is the point to the players them selves?

Master Val'Rysn
09-12-07, 08:22 PM
I'll tell you my opinion on this. It's simply because not everythign you could buy in a shop is available as spoils. What I mean is, if you're questing with a group of people and their quest is to raid an outpost of rogue warriors, you're not going to find a bundle of magical scrolls lying beside them.

Also, with the money aspect you can buy whatever you want on short notice, that is if you have the right amount of gold. Whereas say you wanted a crossbow, you wouldn't say "hey, rather than spending my gold why not just go on some epic quest to raid a retired ranger's cottage! Weeee!"

Catch the Master's drift?

Seth_Rahl
09-12-07, 08:26 PM
True, true. It would be much easier that way. Yeah I got it I see your point. Woot! I wanna go on an epic quest to raid a retired ranger's cottage! WEEEEEEEEE

Izvilvin
09-20-07, 08:14 AM
This (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=5249&highlight=chestplate+izvilvin) is the point of gold.

Xilium Rupertus
09-20-07, 11:54 AM
That doesn't change my View on gold. I think anything major, anything better then the regular starting items, should be gained through Rping. But that's just my personal view and it's how I do things, and the system is already there, so it doesn't really matter.

Artifex Felicis
09-20-07, 02:42 PM
That, and you can get more then just regular stuff. By all technicalities, you ask what you want, and the bazaar mod'll decide whether or not it's okay for you to get. For example, I ain't selling a flintlock to just any level 0, but a clever, smart thread COULD get him one for 500 gold or something.Ignoring you only get 3 bullets and enough gunpowder for 3 shots, as well as no lessons on how to use them, of course.

In Short Form.

I can sell mythical items, I can sell slaves, I can sell enchantments, and I can sell quest ideas. You Need To Ask, I Will Not Give.

Xilium Rupertus
09-20-07, 02:59 PM
I think it's a bad idea to be able to get mythical items, enchantments, and other such things through the bazaar anyway. Now ok I'll give in on common items for day to day use, things like that, that fine since people don't want to go into detail on their Rping to gain such things. But anything above a lower teir item should have to be gained through a thoughtout quest process.
Just makes for better storys and people getting use to going into more detail in their quests, then throwing some random small thread in the bazaar like most have been since this site was on ALLRPG.

Serilliant
09-20-07, 06:09 PM
I disagree. All of my previous quests have been very heavily character based. Very rarely (in fact, a total of 0 times) does Serilliant go on a quest that would reasonably end with the acquisition of a magical piece of equipment. Instead, it's more IC justifiable to say "okay, nobel X pays me Y gold" and then to take that gold to the bazaar.

Different things work for different characters. Some people have very entrepreneurial paths that they take. For them, the bazaar works quite well. For others, it doesn't. Thus, both paths are available and acceptable.

Further, with the addition of experience rewards for bazaar posts, one has the option to have a very story-heavy bazaar thread albeit with much faster pay-off and a resultant transaction. I consider all of my bazaar threads to be mini-quests in a way. The context of the quest (i.e. it taking place in a shop) just fits my character better.

Xilium Rupertus
09-20-07, 08:25 PM
Well again, i've said many times in this thread, it really all goes to a personal level of what you feel with Rping and your character. Either way I feel, the bazzar is in effect and isn't going to go away, and people who want to will be able to use it.

Bleater
09-23-07, 12:03 AM
I think it's a bad idea to be able to get mythical items, enchantments, and other such things through the bazaar anyway. Now ok I'll give in on common items for day to day use, things like that, that fine since people don't want to go into detail on their Rping to gain such things. But anything above a lower teir item should have to be gained through a thoughtout quest process.
Just makes for better storys and people getting use to going into more detail in their quests, then throwing some random small thread in the bazaar like most have been since this site was on ALLRPG.

I'm going to have to go with Serillant on this one. I know for this character, every thread I make or take part in is solely for my character's story. With extremely rare exception, there's no room in my RP for "go on a quest for X spoil" simply because I would either have to a) put myself in a situation to feasibly get that spoil (which often would be impossible to keep story congruency) or b) request X spoil from a quest that I wouldn't feasibly have found it from.

But that's just me. For me, the bazaar is a necessary evil for a lot of the things I want. Spoils are for the things you "can't buy" (i.e. spells, skills, NPCs, etc.)