PDA

View Full Version : Old Ties

streak101
04-27-06, 09:41 PM
Banda walked through the city of Radasanth, passing shop, after shop of many valuable items, and brushing off the many merchants looking to make some gold, saying their usual pick up lines, "Wouldn't you love to have?" or, "Your spouse would simply adore!". For today, he was asked to come to a special meeting, very special. An old friend had requested him, and it seemed urgent from the tone of the letter.

Banda continued down the road, until he reached the dead end of an alley way. He then slowly made sure no one was looking, and pushed a slightly out of place stone in the dead end wall. The wall began to glow, and Banda stepped through the glowing space.

Passing through the wall, Banda was twisted, pulled, and turned. He was swirling in a cloud of darkness, then it stopped. Again, stepping out of the glowing space in the wall, Banda reappeared in front of a large palace like building. The palace decorated with tapestry, and marble, was filled with the chatter of young ones, and the grunts of older men, and women.

"It's been awhile since your last visit to the Academy," said a familiar voice, "but then again you always were the more adventurous kind." Banda turned to the man nearly his age, wearing the clothes of a warrior, but with the posture of a monk. "Iraku you'll never leave this place will you?" Banda said with a smirk. The man known as Iraku responded, "Maybe I'll die here. Who knows? I've been teaching here since, graduation. Which is why I called you here..."

((Closed This is a solo))

streak101
04-29-06, 11:00 PM
"If I have told you once, I will tell you again," said Banda, "I will not teach here." Iraku made an 'I know that' face, and said, "This one is different. He is very much like you, when you were training here. No one seems to want to take him as an apprentice." Banda seemed to give it some thought Hmm...I could milk this for some cash...No what are you thinking!? "I couldn't possibly teach him, I don't have the proper training and-" Iraku interrupted him, "You can teach him your training. He will learn your skills. Please teach him, if not for me, or the child, for father Arborus." Banda thought it over once more, and looked up into the sky. "Father Aborus... the only man who treated me with the most respect..."

"If you put it that way then I have no choice...take me to the boy." Iraku signaled another man, dressed in his attire to fetch the boy. When the boy arrived, Banda looked into his eyes, as if reading his personality. The boy seemed determined to become the best, his black hair kept down by a hat he wore, and his black eyes confident, and bold.

"Who are you?" he asked, and Banda replied, "I my little friend. Am your new teacher." At this the boy grew a radiant smile on his face, and jumped in glee. He shook Banda's hand, and said, "My name's Coril! Thank you! I hope I learn as much as possible!" He continued to run around, prancing. Banda looked up at the sky, and thought, You better be smiling down at me old man. Banda smiled, and ran to catch up to Coril.

streak101
05-05-06, 08:48 PM
((starting now the posts will be put in journal form, sort of like a recording log, until I feel the need to change it, or if it just isn't working for me.))

Teacher's Log #1

I was given this journal to write a summary of Coril's training every day, until his training is complete. Though I believe this strange to the Nth degree, I must abide by the rules of the Academy. Iraku was persistent, to even instruct me to fill these out. Now every month or so, this will be taken, and read by the new Father, at the Academy whoever he is.

Anyway, today I started Coril on Basic Sword Techniques such as holding it steady. The boy can't even so much as lift the sword from the ground! Alas, we all had to start somewhere. Even if sword basics are simple for a boy his age!

I have also told Iraku, that Coril will be traveling with me, while I train him. Wherever the time is right, I'll train him, this I have sworn to Iraku, and little Coril. Which also means that Coril will be writing in an apprentice journal as well. Which also means that a messenger will be needed to send our journals, to the Academy.

Apprentice's Journal #1

Master Iraku says I'll have to write in this journal every day about training. But that wouldn't be any fun would it? I'm gonna write anything that comes to mind every day here! The best part is that master Iraku says that lots of writing in here is the best thing to do!

My new teacher Banda, is a very patient person with me. When I was training, he didn't get angry when the sword was too heavy for me. My training takes as long as it needs to be thats one of the Academy's rules. I'm practicing very hard to finish training as fast as I can! The record at the school was 4 months.

I guess I have to travel with Mr.Banda now, since we're not training in the Academy like everyone else. I wonder if that means I get to do mercenary work like Mr.Banda? Well I have to go now so thats all for today!

streak101
06-10-06, 05:52 PM
((Seeing as I haven't posted in a while, and because of the simple fact that I haven't figured out a good essay for the next journal entry I've decided to write as a simple quest. Maybe next time I'll figure out a way to put in this style.))

Banda woke up the next morning refreshed, and new. Ready to continue Coril's training, and hopefully getting him to get the hang of it. Ah, Banda how you get yourself into such messes, you'll never know. He thought to himself. Let's see if Coril listened to me, and went to bed early. Much to Banda's surprise, Coril was already up and training. In fact, Coril had already lifted the sword, and was already swinging it around. Banda wide-eyed in amazement shook his head in disbelief. Well he's a fast learner.

Coril noticed Banda, and said happily, "About time you woke up! I've been here for hours! I finally noticed my problem, I've been trying to pick up the sword with the wrong hand! I write with my left, so I tried to lift it with that hand instead and it was so easy!" he said joyfully. "Really? Well now that you've got the hang of that it's time you learn how to swing it steadily. Your swinging like a drunk dwarf, who's had way too much beer." Banda laughed.

"Now in order to swing the sword without tripping, or looking like a goof, you must first shift most of your weight to your legs, and the rest goes to your arm to add power to your swings." Coril attempted to do this, and fell on his backside. He asked, "Can't I use a lighter sword?" Banda shook his head and said grinning, " Your using the lightest sword the academy gave me for your training." Coril said nothing, got up, and swung again, and fell again.

"This isn't working for me! Can't we do something else?" As Coril said those words, the sound of marching could be heard throughout the clearing, Banda had set up for the training. "Reports say he's somewhere around here men!" said a voice. This is why I don't like coming here... Banda thought sighing. "Coril hold on tight to your sword. I'm packing up camp." Banda whispered. Coril attempted to say something, but Banda silenced him. As Banda put away everything away, the footsteps came closer.

It was a good thing their clearing was surrounded by a thick cover of trees, so the only way to enter, and leave would be without wearing any armor. Banda grabbed Coril and squeezed between the trees. As soon as the two were out of the clearing, whoever was looking for him managed to enter it.

As soon as they were far enough, Banda let go of Coril and let him ask whatever it was he wanted to ask, "Who were those people, and why were they after you!?"

streak101
06-10-06, 07:00 PM
Banda looked around before speaking, "Those people are Radasanth guards, and the reason their chasing me is none of your business." He said cool, and calm. "I think I have the right to know seeing as I am following you around for my training! I wonder how the Academy will take this as well..." Coril said slyly. "Alright! Alright! I'll tell you, but you must never tell this to anyone unless your life depends on it!" As Coril agreed Banda began.

"When I started my career (if you could call it that) as a mercenary, I would do anything for some gold, even if it meant working for someone evil. My first major assignment was to kill a very important person, residing in Radasanth at the time. At first I hesitated, but seeing as I needed money, I accepted it. My job went well, a clean kill, but I took too long. The guards were there before I could make my escape. I had to kill a number of them to escape the city, and everytime I come here, it's either in disquise, or casually not to raise suspicion.

Coril looked at Banda, like a cat looks at an oncoming train. "Since then I've changed my ways." This calmed Coril down however the marching from the guards made him tense again. Banda grabbed him, and their things and kept running through the forest evading branches, and roots sticking out of the ground. It was a good thing Banda didn't have bulky armor, and that the temperature was cool for if not he would have tired himself out.

They were out of luck once the forest was behind them, and all that was left was a cliff. Banda swore, and started looking around for some path or somewhere they could hide from the guards, until they left, but all that was there was the cliff, and the great waterfall under it. The waterfall! Banda thought. Coril saw his expression, and yelled, "Oh no! We're not going to jump down what looks like 50 feet, into the unknown!" Banda looked down, and heard the marching again. "If they see you with me they'll think your with me, and hang you too!" Banda grabbed Coril put him on his back, and jumped.

"You might think I'm crazy, buy trust me when I say your going to be alright!" Banda shouted, as they plunged down the waterfall. Why does this happen to me!?

streak101
06-11-06, 08:54 PM
Banda pulled Coril onto the shore, head throbbing, and body aching. "Oh my head..." it was a downright miracle they survived the fall. He thanked the heavens there were no sharp rocks at the bottom, and that the only danger in the waters were small fish that were trying to swim up stream. The pain Banda had suffered was from the landing, he had to hold Coril up as not to endanger him. The things that happen to me. Banda thought.

He started walking hoping the pain would go away, and leave of his body, but all walking did was make it worse. He decided to crawl, lifting Coril and their equip on his back. Panting, and groaning he continued to crawl on the forest floor, hoping he'd find refuge. A village, a cabin, a cave anything that can shelter him from the weather until he could regain his strength, and Coril could regain his conscious. He crawled for what seemed like forever.

Banda was about to give it all up when he found a village. A small one to say the least, but he didn't care, all he wanted was a bed to sleep in, and a nice warm meal. "I sound like a beggar..." Banda said dryly. In haste he managed to get up, and stumble into the village streets, Coril on his back. The problem was, he fell to his knees, weak and tired. He had not one drop of energy in his body and so he gave in to the sleep.

Banda had thought no one had seen him and Coril enter the village, but on the contrar. Once he fell to the ground, gasps and shouts for help from the villagers saved their lives, but they were only saved because of the kind people that took him into their home, and cared for them while they were unconscious. During his sleep, Banda dreamed of swords clashing, and a rebellion. Something he just didn't like in his dreams.

streak101
07-21-06, 12:48 AM
Banda's mind was drifting in the dark, as if he was floating in the air, his body moving forward where nothing lay in wait for him but more darkness. "Banda..." A voice echoed through the black Banda knew the voice, and he stopped as the figure of Father Aborus formed itself in front of him, Banda's mind maniplating it to look as he remembered him, the man was dressed in blue robes, the sleeves rolling down the arms up to the wrist and the leggings just covering the ankles. At his feet, he wore a pair of sandalions. "Hello my son."

"Father!" Banda whispered. Though not his birth father, Aborus had raised Banda as his own son when he found him stranded in the woods, while traveling back to the Academy. Aborus had even trained Banda personally rather than letting one of his hired hands to handle it, and with the training he gave Banda, made the young man eligible to replace Aborus when passed onto the afterlife. Banda turned it down, and left the Academy for unknown reasons, but that is for a later time.

Father Aborus spoke with a calm serenity, "Banda I have sensed a great destiny that goes with you, yet that is not why I have come to you." Banda tilted his head questioningly, "What is it Father?" "It is Coril Banda, though yours and most everyone elses destiny is clear, Coril's is clouded hidden. It is not yet determined, that is what I want you to do my son." "I don't get it Father, how am I supposed to do that?" The old man gave out a small laugh, "Whatever you do Banda, or whatever you teach Coril, will create his destiny. Though his destiny isn't forged, I can already see his entwined to yours Banda."

"Father that's impossible, I'm to train him thats all, once that is finished he will want to return to the Academy." Again, Aborus gave a laugh, "Banda you are not thinking ahead, I see Coril in your destiny, he will eventually become your friend, and soon he will be fighting along side you in many battles to come. The boy also has many secrets about his presence, you will come to learn them over time. Now Banda you need to wake up, there is something you must do now, wake up wake up." Father Aborus disappeared as Banda's eyes fluttered open to the face of a little girl saying, "Wake up mister! Wake up!"