PDA

View Full Version : Usin' that money

Farsight
09-18-07, 11:08 PM
((Taking place in Raiaera…))

Terrian briskly slipped through the closing door, not wanting to be a bother. He was one of many in the store, though each of the others seemed less inclined to stand out. They were bladesingers. True warriors of the high elven people. It was his goal to be like them, to become something more and someone important. But it was a very long haul before him.

What he needed was the edge over other people trying to sway the wills of the bladesinger hierarchy. What he wanted was something that he would undoubtedly gain later, a quick fix for now. “Good sir,” he said as he approached the counter at the rear of the store, out of earshot of the other elves. His elven tongue was fluid and quick, a gracefully noble dialect. “I do not wish to trouble you, but I would like to request a… necessary advantage. I am interested in becoming a member of the bladesingers guild, but have little power myself. I am seeking an enchanted trinket that I may be able to carry with me, or imbue on my dagger. It must be of the house Turlin, something to banish undead. I have with me 500 gold pieces, and need as many charges as I can attain with that.”

Moonlit Raven
09-19-07, 07:18 PM
Kale blinked up at the elf standing on the other side of the counter. He stood there for a moment, his tongue stuck tot he roof of his mouth. Finally finding his voice Kale bobbed in a childish bow and muttered something about going to get Elena before he hurried back into the back room. A moment later a pale woman walked out of the back room and up to the counter.

"Good day sir, my name is Elena. Kale said you wished to purchase something enchanted to, banish the undead." The lilt in Elena's voice gave her words the slightest hint of questioning.

Farsight
09-19-07, 08:32 PM
"I apologize madam, I was unaware that the young man was not the shopkeeper." Terrian took a half step back and gave a simple bow, honoring the woman as he did with all women. "And yes," he said returning to the counter, "I am in search of a minor enchantment that can help me when I come into contact with the undead that are roaming once again to the North. I understand I have little leeway in the means of reputation, or honor accumulated with Raiaera or the Bladesingers. However, I would like to request that it be within the range of 500 pieces, if at all possible."

He sighed, catching his breath for a second. "And if that is not possible, could you perchance suggest an alternate means to assist in such a mission? Something I could afford."

Moonlit Raven
09-20-07, 12:35 PM
"Kale is my helper, I'm training him to help me run the shop. I must apologize for him, he's young and excitable." Elena smiled and nodded her head back politely in response to the man's bow. For a moment she thought over the man's request.

"I can sell you a enchanted item. We carry daggers, dirks and small knives that can be easily enchanted. Depending on what type of enchantment you want will alter the cost. A enchantment that will repulse the undead will be a 50 gold charge. To mildly damage the undead will be 150 gold, to incapacitate them will be 250 gold.

"I have very few enchantments that will actually kill the undead, those are 400 gold. I can enchant only two items. The decision to enchant one of your items or buy one to have the enchantment is your decision." Elena paused for a moment thinking about alternatives.

"Any type of weapons can be enchanted really. Small blades give the advantage of distance. Though larger weapons have the advantage of sheer force behind them. I normally carry a falchion and a number of small daggers."

Farsight
09-21-07, 01:41 AM
The idea of multiple daggers was an interesting concept, though the practice of such was far from Terrian's ability. However, the prices of the enchantments brought a small smirk to his sharp face. They were far less expensive than he had believed.

"Any weapon?" He asked, thinking and calculating to himself. "I must ask though, due to the Raiaeran ban on permanent enchantments, how long would these last each? Perhaps a certain amount of charges? Or are they a specific number per 'rest period'?"

His graceful face turned away from the woman, eying a multitude of swords, bows, and other weapons. As an elf, he had a penchant for ranged weapons--such as bows. His practice was limited, but he had been exposed to them for countless years.

Moonlit Raven
09-21-07, 07:51 PM
"The enchantment wears off after four months and must be renewed. Though once the item in question has been initially enchanted its a very simple matter to renew the enchantment. Any fees of the re enchantment are also very low." Elena wracked her brain, trying to remember if there were any other stipulations on the spells. After drawing a blank she resolved herself to wait quietly until the man made his came to his own decision.

Farsight
09-22-07, 03:52 PM
"Four months, that's quite a long time," he mused to himself aimlessly. The moon elf let his soft silver-blue eyes drift over a solitary bow. It was simplistic, most likely crafted of yew, and with the quality of all the other weapons to compare to it looked no better than common make. The Raiaeran people were renown for their bows though, just as the Aleraran were known for their firearms. "One final question about enchantments, and then I'm set, I believe... Can the enchantments be cast on a group of smaller weapons, such as the heads of arrows? And if so, how many per enchantment?"

Terrian let his hands find the bow, releasing it from the unique leather sheath it was resting in. It was a common bow, almost three feet in length, unstrung. seemed to be a double re-curve. "I'd like the price of this, the sheath, a small quiver that can hold up to fifty arrows, and the price of a common ash arrow with steel heads."

"That should be all," he sighed, placing the weapon carefully on the counter. "I apologize for being such a bother," he added with a smile and a wink.

Moonlit Raven
09-23-07, 10:35 PM
Elena frowned as she considered what spreading the spell through several objects would do and the alterations that would occur to the spell.

"The spell would be able to cover perhaps eight arrows. I'm fairly certain that each arrow would retain the original strength and longevity of the spell delusions. It is no trouble." Elena smiled at the elf and picked up the bow. She set it down after a quick study of it.

"The price for the quiver is 30 gold, the arrows are 2 gold pieces each. The recurve and its sheath are 250."

Farsight
09-23-07, 10:56 PM
"Two gold each? For a common form of ammo in a society build on a foundation of archery?" Farsight pondered the idea of paying 2 gold for each fletched weapon. His skill was minimal, at best, probably worse than that. That sort of ammo would probably be lost quite quickly, broken, missed the target, whatever problems might arise.

"I will take the bow and sheath, as well as the quiver. That should be 280 gold pieces. And if you drop the arrows to one gold a piece I'll take thirty-two of those with four enchantments on them to repulse undead. I'm still not certain what exactly I will be up against in the upcoming encounters."

"If you can do that all for five hundred gold that would be much appreciated. If not, I'm sure I can take less arrows and one less enchantment."

((If that's too much I can just have Ranger come in and buy them for him... and tip well. lol))

Moonlit Raven
09-25-07, 01:18 AM
Elena smiled ruefully at the elf. Her fingers absently fiddled with one of the symbols embroidered into the silk of her garment.

"If the arrow heads were made of stone I could drop the price, but steel takes time to craft. Other than that minor detail everything else is fine."

Ranger
10-02-07, 01:19 AM
Aimlessly browsing, as always, Ranger caught whiff of the young elf's dreadful lack of money. He was not often a man to interfere with the youth's fervent use of money, being a saver of it instead, but the man had caught his interest. The entrepreneur sighed and walked to the counter.

"Here is a purse of 200 extra gold pieces, to be added to what he has, I'm sure that should cover it. Though I would request that you add the quiver to the sheath, sling it on or however you must do so to make it so that they are together, but hovering over whichever shoulder he will draw from."

"Believe me," he said as he turned to the young moon elf, "Having it more compact will be more than helpful in the long run. It will free up space along your belt, and allow you to carry more there, if necessary, but also balance your weight in a central part of your back..."

The drow smiled at both, hoping the addition would not cost extra, or her tip would be mildly diminished.

Moonlit Raven
10-08-07, 04:31 AM
Elena arched a brow at the sudden offer of gold from another man. After a moment she shrugged, after all gold is gold, who it comes from doesn't really matter.

"Okay, the quiver at 30 gold the bow and its sheathe, 250. The fifty arrows are 100 gold, the four enchantments are 200 gold. Total that's 580. I can have everything ready for you by tomorrow." Elena smiled at the men.

Sorry for the delay. Just split your post no need to wait another full day. Oh and you might want to write in a IC reason to take the excess gold, the powers that be won't let the bazaar slaves take tips. =(

Farsight
10-09-07, 09:38 AM
Suprised by the man, but in no means too proud to accept his gift, Farsight turned back to the woman. "A day? That is acceptable, for such a large order. My thanks," he said and turned to the drow.

"Thank you as well," he said as the man turned and exited the small shop.

((You can just let Farsight keep whatever's left over, if you can't accept tips... lol. Though I think it's completely fair since you put as much into this as I have...))

Moonlit Raven
10-09-07, 01:16 PM
I know! It is wrong. ^_^

The rest of the previous day had passed with much happening. Elena now stood behind her counter waiting for her elven to come for the items he had paid for. She yawned quietly, covering her mouth with the back of one hand. The dark circles around her eyes that marred the normally flawless porcelain of her skin a visible note of how draining the spells had been to cast.

Elena jumped as a steaming cup was placed beside her. She gave Kale displeased look at the childish joy she found on his face at startling her. With the first sip of the hot, slightly bitter brew the incident was nearly forgotten.

"If you bring me a bit of sugar, I'll forgive you. After wards go bug Illianiel and Serraphiel." One side of her mouth move in a small tired smile as Kale jumped and hurried off to fetch the requested sugar.

Farsight
10-13-07, 07:42 PM
Farsight slipped through the door. The store was quiet, which irked him. Were other's too good to shop at the store? Or was there something that the merchant was known for, something that made her less reputable than the other stores.

"Good afternoon, madame," he said with a regal bow and flourish of his white cloak. "I am eager to see the finished product of my order..."

Moonlit Raven
10-13-07, 11:44 PM
Elena nodded and waved a polite farwell.

"You have a good day sir." Elena smiled at her helper as a small container of sugar was set beside her then shooed him way to go bug other people.

[ooc] Transaction complete. Ranger loses 200 gold. Farsight loses 380 gold and gains 50 exp for IC interactions.[/occ]