PDA

View Full Version : Judgement Colors!

The Barbarian
09-21-07, 12:29 AM
Can we make it punishable by death and/or sitting through an hour of watching Martha Stewart giving tips on watching paint dry when judges uses blue and red for the scores?

I swear, I can feel my head splitting open when I try and look at them on the Dark skin.

Or is it the new law that they must use those colors? Seriously, switch to Dark skin if you're not on it, and tell me how does this feel?

Some might say, "Just switch the skin. It's that easy." It's just as easy to switch from blue to cyan, lol. In the end, it's just a question.

Amaril Torrun
09-21-07, 02:22 AM
Actually, dark skin is better on the eyes than bronze castle. I haven't done it yet, but maybe I'll start using blue and red...

The Barbarian
09-21-07, 03:32 AM
Then prepare for a misery like no other!

*pops in Martha Stewart*

Prepare yourself! XD

Xos
09-21-07, 07:15 AM
Can we make it punishable by death and/or sitting through an hour of watching Martha Stewart giving tips on watching paint dry

You say that like it's a punishment. I make sure to do that for at least three hours daily. I'm up to tip # 369801! BBL, more Martha!

Raelyse
09-21-07, 07:25 AM
It actually gives me a seizure.

Seth_Rahl
09-21-07, 10:20 AM
Epileptic or orgasmic? XD :)

Letho
09-21-07, 11:21 AM
The Barbarian, by that logic I should probably ban every single person who uses WHITE color in their threads/updates/whatevers because I use the default skin and the words written in white are just a blank spot to me. So I have to select it with my mouse to make it readable. Oh, the horror.

Witchblade
09-21-07, 12:10 PM
This is one of the many problems you'll come across when a board has more than one skin colour available. Some colours that look great on some of the skins don't look so good on the others and are extremely hard to read. Should I slaughter every person that occassionally uses black for their words because that doesn't show up at all in the Dark skin? No, I highlight it like Letho does, read it and get over it. There's nothing you can do besides force mass conformation on the entirety of Althanas.

AdventWings
09-21-07, 12:53 PM
I plead guilty. :p

Interestingly enough, I use blue and red in your judging while using the Dark Skin. I'll think up other ways to write out the score comparison next time I make judgments. Nya~

Elijah_Morendale
09-21-07, 01:16 PM
I vote that we all conform to the highly superior dark forum skin, for it is the least corrupt.

HAAAAIL DARK SKINLAZZO!!!

Breaker
09-21-07, 01:21 PM
Dark is better on the eyes? Maybe I should change... I've been using bronze just because it was the default for me.

BTW barbarian... I'm still kinda hung over from 1st pub last night, so my thanks for that example of blue and red letters. Even on bronze, it made my head swim.

Farsight
09-21-07, 01:28 PM
Same... What happened to having different area's for each character? Are we splitting scores so that we can save time? Or is there another reason?

Xos
09-21-07, 01:38 PM
Can we make it punishable by death and/or sitting through an hour of watching Martha Stewart giving tips on watching paint dry when judges uses blue and red for the scores?

I swear, I can feel my head splitting open when I try and look at them on the Dark skin.

Or is it the new law that they must use those colors? Seriously, switch to Dark skin if you're not on it, and tell me how does this feel?

Some might say, "Just switch the skin. It's that easy." It's just as easy to switch from blue to cyan, lol. In the end, it's just a question.

After looking at it in dark skin, I don't see what the fuss is all about. It seemed just fine to me. I could read an entire post in those colors.

AdventWings
09-21-07, 01:39 PM
In my defense... I was pressed for time. Couldn't find enough to make duplicates for two characters. Plus, it saves more space than making two lists. >.>

Master Val'Rysn
09-21-07, 03:52 PM
For my vote, I vote orgy.

Breaker
09-21-07, 03:53 PM
Personally, I've got no problem with judges scoring battles this way. I find it builds the suspense when I'm reading judgements of close battles.

As long as my opponent and I each get our own comments, I'm happy.

Letho
09-21-07, 03:57 PM
Same... What happened to having different area's for each character? Are we splitting scores so that we can save time? Or is there another reason?I think it's more a matter of judge's personal preference. I don't separate my comments because, yes, it's faster not to do so, but it also gives me a chance to compare the two writers and try to make it clear what made the difference. Which is most important when it comes to battles, I believe. When you enter a battle, you do so to put your writing to a test and find out whether or not you can beat the other person, so the most important thing is to point out is how someone gained advantage and not give an endless string of comments. Which sometimes duplicate themselves in battles, especially when it comes to Pacing.

However, I am certain that if you mention in your submission form that you'd like separate areas for each character, the judge would do so.

Siren
09-23-07, 06:13 PM
Red and blue numbers/letters...^_^

They're all 3D-like.

Skie and Avery
09-23-07, 10:01 PM
I use red and blue when I judge battles because those are the colors of America, and if you don't love America you're a commie, and if you're a commie, you're from Russia and if you're from Russia, you can drink me under the table and if you can drink me under the table, I hate you.

Karuka
09-24-07, 06:02 PM
Lol. I can't tell you how much that train of logic amused me, Manda.

Chromanon Rockskin
09-24-07, 06:49 PM
I exist to please.