PDA

View Full Version : Two Nobles and a Tramp

Yamihara
04-29-06, 10:23 AM
((Closed. Raelyse, AsukaStrikes and Yamihara allowed only.))

Alerar. The city of Dark Elves. City of Technology.

Hrm... What is technology, anyways?

In fact, Asuka wasn't sure what to think about the city to begin with. Many of the populace were tall and lanky, yet displaying majestic dark skin even the Akashiman seamen were of no match. Their pointed, slender ears kept the girl's eyes wandering about the crowd in awe. What beings come and go on this well-paved roads?

The city of the Dark Elves was a strange and welcoming sight to her. Oh, what a city! The sturdy, weathered houses displayed magnificent colors she was unaware humans were capable of. Steel and wood meshed seamlessly as if they were one and the same, flowing effortlessly into one another. Exploding black dirt and mist-making machines whizz through the air and airborne leviathans covered the sky, shielding travellers and residents from sunlight shining through the gloomy, gray clouds above.

Lining both sides of the well-kept streets were shops selling everything from rotating metallic aparrati to giant clocks that move to the beat of their equally gigantic pendulums. Oh~? So this must be by what they call "technology"... The lass had never seen something so intriguing and beautiful, a perfect cross between art and function. But what it does and its purpose remained a mystery to her poor little mind.

The ex-noble stood wondering in front of this strange machine until she suddenly remembered the reason she was here.

It was such a long time ago since her last adventure and her trusty weapons, the faithful pair of iron katars she always kept at her side, had worn away with constant use. She touched each one with caring affection, silently promising a better future for each one.

That's right. I was looking for a blacksmith to fix them. Her slender fingers, lightly tanning during her travels and mishaps since her outcast, ran along the chips and cracks on the blades. It was time to give them some better materials. Yeah... the dwarves here should be able to help me one way or another.

But where on Althanas am I going to be able to find a dwarf, much less recognize one? She eyed the populace warily, aware that their glances held more than mere curiosity. Was it the way she dressed? Or, perhaps, the smell of a foreigner, hailing from a continent not on these people's "good books?"

Then again, not everyone dislike her. At least, not this random stranger.

"Excuse me, is your name Asuka?" A human, to her surprise, casually walked up to her in an outfit she could only guess as being some kind of uniform. The Akashiman girl merely nodded, dumbfounded by the mere fact he knew her name. Have I met this guy before? I've only been here for a day and suddenly, this...

"Here, Miss Asuka. This is for you." The courier passed her a note with her name on the front and hurried away, seemingly off to deliver another note his superior needed taken care of.

"Umm, excuse me?" The lass blinked awkwardly, confounded by the very nature of this delivery. Wow, I guess that's what you call a "speedy delivery." Then again, this was for her after all. The name on the envelope was proof enough someone wanted her to receive it.

Wandering about the smog-covered city, Asuka finally found a quiet bench to sit down on and tore open a strange-looking seal. Carefully unfurling the delicate stationery, the ex-noble skimmed through the content with skepticism and curiosity tugging at her mind...

Raelyse
04-29-06, 01:12 PM
It happened ever so suddenly, it took him almost completely off guard. He had never thought that such a terrible thing could happen, at one of the worst possible times. His normally calm composure instantly snapped and even his nearly kept hair nearly jumped out of perfect alignment. On his desk, there lay what could easily be described as one of the worse news he had ever received. Even his pupils began to dilate as he stared at what was before him.

On his desk, Raelyse Salidan stared in horror at the torn open envelope, the unfolded piece of paper detailing in a few short paragraphs, what could easily be described as one of the worst possible events that could ever transpire.

"Sir..." a voice came from across the hall. Raelyse had almost forgotten that one of his underlings had remained in the room after delivering this letter. "Are you alright? You look a little flust-"

"Leave me," the prince snapped back instantly. Even though it still carried the same promptness, his voice did not have anywhere near the same amount of sting as it usually did, meaning that even though his subordinate followed the orders, he did not carry the same amount of fear. Now, signs of his weakness were being carried through and Raelyse did not dare think up the consequences if others found out about this. His mind quickly snapped back though, when out of the corner of his eye, his mind quickly snapped back as he saw that dreaded piece of paper.

He read it again, this time trying to compose himself as he did so. A solution to this problem would have to be devised.

Dear Prince Raelyse Salidan,

This letter regards your desire to negotiate passage and ownership to the Ind'Pilak dwarven mines. Unfortunately, my busy schedule ensures that I have neither the time, while my knowledge of your (there appeared to be a large blob of ink here, presumably the Baron hesitated) reputation ensures that I do not even have the desire to engage in negotiations.

Fortunately for you, I am not one to believe in rumors, particularly ones that come from ones of my profession. Therefore, I am going to give you one chance to prove yourself. Two days from now, (This was the part that frightened Raelyse the most, the incredibly short notice) I am throwing a grand ball on my residence.

The location is enclosed. Please be warned that any hostile behavior will result in your immediate ejection, castration and deprivation of every single ounce of pride (which I hear is considerable), clothing, gold or whatever I might find amusing enough to take from you.

Regards,

Baron Teagan Let'Naross

Raelyse wiped whatever sweat had formed on his forehead. He had never sweated out of nerves for a long time, but this definitely warranted the situation. The Ind'Pilak mines were one of the key financial sectors that he and his Order had specifically targeted. It had once appeared that securing of these mines would have been a trivial task and Raelyse had even sent one of his subordinates to go negotiate ownership. He had been optimistic until now.

Such a grand party would mean that the prince would have to amuse, impress and basically knock the baron off his feet. He had everything, the clothes, the wit, the style, the persuasiveness, the ability to lie... but there was one thing that he lacked. One thing that would ensure that he would surely fail. At such parties, the absence of a female companion would signify either that Raelyse preferred partners of a different gender alignment or he was too pathetic to be able to muster a date for a event like this. Either way, the prince would fail in the eyes of the baron.

He then shouted at the top of his lungs for his subordinate to fall in, which he promptly did seconds later. He quickly regained the composure he normally adopted with them, a condescending and proud tone that ensured that they stayed weak and fearful of him. "I am just going to tell you this once and you will reply promptly as soon as possible. Where can I find... a suitable date for a formal, no a very formal event."

One opened his mouth, but was quickly cut off.

"Keeping in mind that any dark elves, dwarves, Halflings or any other disgusting races of any sorts are off limits."

Another, but...

"Keeping in mind that any humans or elves I have previously engaged in intercourse with are off limits."

Another, but...

"Keeping in mind that your partners are unsuitable for such an event and you will not get a bonus of any sort by sacrificing the exclusiveness of your relationship."

Another, but...

"Keeping in mind, the date must be of poise, class, beauty but also be able to steal the crowd's attention with some form of fame."

Silence, just as Raelyse accepted. He had never thought that he would have been able to find a suitable person from this bunch of rag-tag goons. But then, the second surprise of the day came.

He did.

"Sir, I have heard news from my brother in the docks that Asuka... Asuka... Asuka has arrived in Alerar. She is presently not too far from Erebus," his subordinate stuttered through the short sentence, clearly exhibiting the fear Raelyse wanted to spread throughout his contingent.

"WHO?"

"Asuka, sir," another one spoke up. The others seem to chime in here and there, almost as if it was common knowledge who this girl was. "Semi-Finalist in the Serenti Open. Whacked lots of famous people, sir. Yeah, awesome fighter, sir. But what I hear, sir is that she's drop-undead, Elven enchantress beautiful, sir. They say, sir... that she won on her beauty alone, though she's not a bad fighter, sir... if you know what I mean. Also, sir I heard that - "

"ENOUGH!" Raelyse screamed. He had heard enough. He knew that his subordinates would not lie to him, they would not dare. But once they started talking, it was like he was lying in the Bazaar and every one and their grandmother had come to gossip about Devon Starslayer’s illegitimate goblin child. "This... Asuka... is that her complete name?"

The lackeys looked to each other, too ashamed to admit that they could not remember. It was something long and quite unpronounceable and they had only ever remembered the juicy details. "Yes, sir."

"Very well," the prince said. He pulled a piece of paper from a drawer underneath his desk. He flicked his hands to indicate that they should leave, as his head bowed down as he began to write. He did not even have to write, he had broken so many hearts that he knew exactly what to write.

Dear Asuka,

I hope that you do not take this as a surprise, but you have sent the whole of Alerar buzzing with your arrival. Even here, in Erebus I have heard of your sudden appearance on our secluded continent. I know that you must have been flooded by millions of invitations by now, but I would like to enjoy no greater pleasure than to take you to the peak of Mt. Grindal, the most scenic mountain in all of Alerar. My carriage awaits in whatever town you are, behind whatever shop or building you receive this letter at.

There, I intend to make you a very rewarding offer. I assure you that I fully intend not to waste your time and enclosed in this envelope you will find the Letifan flower, a small symbol of my appreciation for one such as yourself. It is a rare but incredibly beautiful flower, only growing in secluded parts of Concordia but I find that at certain times, it is worth it.

I hope that you look happily upon my proposal.

Yours Sincerely,

Prince Raelyse Salidan

It had taken him all of fifteen minutes to write and only because he usually got one of his lackeys to write it for him. To be honest, he didn't trust these ones' handwriting to be able to seduce anyone, save a dwarf. Clicking his fingers, he watched as one bumbled through the door, nearly tripping on the way in. He held a look of accomplishment on his face, having beaten his colleagues here to service their master.

"Boy," Raelyse said to the man, who was obviously above the age of thirty. "Put in one of those Letifan flowers that I used on that Elven girl a few days ago. Then slap it in one of those envelopes and make sure you seal it with my seal."

The prince held the letter up, but pulled it away as his hand advanced. "Then, I want you to deliver the letter to this 'Asuka' person. Take the second best carriage and after you give her the letter, make sure she follows you to it. Then you are to take her to Mt. Grindal."

The servant then reached forward and took the letter gently from Raelyse's now outstretched arm and bowed before walking towards the door.

"Oh and boy..." the prince began again. "You'd better make sure that there are no blemishes on the flower, the envelope and the letter or..."

Raelyse swiveled his seat around, looking at the view outside Erebus from the window of his office. A smirk formed on his face, now that he knew that he was soon going to be strolling down the Ind'Pilak mines.

"You know what'll happen."

Yamihara
05-01-06, 03:09 AM
Almost out of instinct Asuka's head snapped to her left and right, glancing around with a mix of confusion and cautious vigilance. Huh? Since when did I become that popular? How did he know my name? The remainder of the letter was not as alarming as the first few words, detailing something along the lines of inviting her to a secluded location and chat.

Asuka found the Letifan blossom inside the letter envelope, its white petals as smooth as silk. Spinning the delicate flower in her fingers, she glanced up and down the street. Her speculation as to this "prince" and his intent remained a mystery. The lass thought long and hard over this, skepticism taking over in place of curiosity.

Who is this guy? Prince Raelyse Salidan? But... haven't I heard his name somewhere before? She guessed that he was probably not an Aleranian native: His name was not exotic like the dark elven names she had heard. His title was also equally puzzling as well. Was he indeed a prince? Or was he a con-artist, preying on travelers and good-looking women? No... this is too risky. I smell a rat.

The redhead resolved on her decision and got up with the letter held lightly in her hands. If he wants to meet me, he'll just have to do it on my terms.

~~~

Asuka was walking around in the park, admiring the statues and flora when the familiar sounds of boots echoed down the well-paved road behind her. Turning around with a throw of her shiny copper hair, her chocolate eyes met those belonging to the courier who had delivered the letter earlier that day.

"Hello, Miss Asuka." He bowed politely, to which the Akashiman responded instinctively. The man then waved his hand towards a finely crafted wooden carriage with gold-painted trims and wheels, powered by two majestic horses. "Your carriage awaits, ma'am."

"Uh-uh." Asuka shot her hand up before her courier had a chance to say another word. The young man was noticeably puzzled when she waved his master's envelope under his nose. "Take this to your master, Prince Raelyse or whoever he is. He will know where to find me."

She could still hear the neighs of the two horses as she watched them trudge down the crowded street. It would take them a while still to deliver the message, the ex-noble thought as her feet carried the lithe figure towards the location detailed within the letter.

Dear Prince Raelyse Salidan,

Thank you for sending me such a beautiful flower such as this. You letter did come as a bit of surprise to me, so I apologize for being impolite as to decline the carriage ride to your location.

However, if you still wish to meet with me, you will find me in the Fields of Khu'fein. I hear it is filled with some amazing things and I intend on seeing a few sights before going on my way. You will recognize me by the Letifan flower you sent me earlier. I'll be waiting.

P.S., Sorry for using the back of this letter to return your invitation. I was pressed for time so I couldn't find a more suitable material than this.

Raelyse
05-01-06, 04:57 AM
The wardrobe was wide open, with clothes thrown all over the floor. The sink was wet with over use of the tap. Every butler and every maid in Erebus left and right, taking every other brand of flower other than Letifan and consolidating it in one large bouquet. Seamstresses were busy modifying clothing that was not even going to be used. Every brand of pleasant smelling substance was being tested, mixed, and then tested again to create the best smelling one. Countless pairs of shoes and even more boots were being polished relentlessly in a manner where reflection was the minimum standard. The best cows were being slaughtered, the best chickens had eggs pulled from their insides, and the best apple trees were plucked dry.

Yes, it was that time again. It was time for Raelyse Salidan to impress a woman.

The prince of Myrusia was cockiest at this time, when he felt that he was going to get lucky that night. And this was one of those times. As he got up and looked in the mirror, playing childishly with his hair, he could not help but utter to himself, "Hromagh the fucking Strong, you're bloody good lucking you are..." He then proceeded to strip off his shirt, admiring his well sculpted body. "Oh, you filled out nice since Officer Cadet School, you did... You'll make a fine soldier, you will..." Raelyse stared into the mirror and could not wipe the pleasurable smile from his face. He just could not get over how good looking he was "Oh, Asuka... You're so lucky. Normally, I don't go for your type but the situation... well, the situation just calls for it, doesn't it?"

Raelyse winked at the reflection of himself. "Yeah, that's right. You're so lucky, Asuka. So lucky."

The talk that Raelyse had with his reflection carried on for some time, rivaling a speech in length. However, the prince was promptly interrupted by a butler who arrived with about fifteen other of his colleagues, each carrying a different item that the prince would later bring to meet Asuka.

"Uhh... Sir?" the butler stammered.

"Is it all ready, then?" the prince replied, though his eyes did not leave the reflection of his pectorals.

"Yes, Sir. For the food..."

And so, the butler gave a speech on everything, to which the prince responded, too obsessed with himself to do anything but agree. When it came to the clothing though, he disagreed about twelve times before finally settling on an outfit that he felt would be suitable.

"Fine. Get ready the carriage with the food, the dining accessories, and the flowers and... more flowers," the prince smirked, his eyes somehow after almost an hour, still transfixed on his reflection. "Go."

The servants shuffled out, buzzing with excitement that the prince was almost ready to leave. "Wait," Raelyse said, dampening their spirits. "Are all my boots polished? Are all the clothes impeccable?"

"Yes, Milord," the same butler replied. "Im-pecc-able," he said slowly, enunciating every syllable for he knew his colleagues had spent countless hours doing it.

"Very well."

When the narcissist finally emerged from his chamber, he was the closest Althanas had to the most handsome man. His hair was flawless, there was no other explanation for it. Each hair was aligned almost geometrically and the whole lot of it was pulled back behind his ears. His eyebrows had been plucked to the extent that there was almost the same amount of hairs above each eye. He even wore a faint form of lipstick, which accentuated them. Beneath those lips, his teeth glimmered white, refracting and reflecting light as if they had been polished.

Raelyse's clothes bore a fraction of the attractiveness that the rest of his body did, but they still accentuated the right places and added to the aggregate magnificence. His white shirt was only buttoned up to his chest, where it lay open to reveal his well toned pectoral muscles. His black leather pants hugged his legs, revealing their every curve. Below that, his black leather boots shined like nothing else, including a mirror. In fact, they were almost more aesthetically pleasing, flattering and functional than a mirror.

By the time he had finished admiring himself with clothes on, Raelyse had unknowingly made his way towards his carriage and had already sat down, where all the things he had requested were already there. "Uhh, sir? I forgot to give you Asuka's response."

"What response?" the prince said, finally snapping to his senses and grabbing the letter from the hand, quickly unfurling it and reading it. By now, he had caught a reflection of himself in his mirror and since he knew that he had her in the bag anyway, he simply smiled.

"Destination change: the Fields of Khu'Fein. Look for Asuka."

The driver nodded and whipped the horses, causing them to move while in the meantime, Raelyse simply stared appreciatively at the man who stared back at him in the same manner in the window's reflection.

Yamihara
05-02-06, 10:59 AM
Away from the dreary, blackened sky of the industrial city. Away from the bustling drows, pointy ears and mechanized mounts on wheels. Away from it all, the rushed pace of the city striving to surpass biological restraints. Away from technology.

Here, the wind raced across golden brown grass freely, unrestrained by imposing homes and offices made of stone. Free to caress the gentle fields and lonely trees with soft, invisible wings. Free to weave and circle through all who await.

The formless force blasted past Asuka as she stood surveying her surrounding. The golden sea stretched far and beyond, interrupted by only a few lonely trees that dared to face the full might of the sun. The Akashiman gazed about the golden waves and held her bronze-lined armguard up to her brows in a futile attempt to ward off the sun. Sweat trickled down into her leather tanktop, sliding down the crevice of her physique and finally soaked into the stiff linen pants she had on throughout her journey. Her worn-out katars bounced along as she strolled through the waist-high grass, unaware of the many dangers this wondrous landscape kept hidden for many years.

"Wow... this place is so huge!" Asuka couldn't help but giggle, imagining the looks on her sister Mariko's face when the tomboy would tell her of how the grass seemed to wander off the face of the world. "No one in Akashima would believe a place like this exists!"

The red-hair maiden continued her hike until she came upon an old gnarly tree standing guard over the endless field and sat down wearily, hiding within its narrow shadow. Her boots, well worn from innumerable adventures and perils, were starting to protest her constant use by fighting back with stinky odor and humidity. The aching toes was a no-brainer and Asuka simply had to sit down. "Ooh. Well, can't complain about the weather, I guess. It's nothing like back home. Nothing is..."

The lass absent-mindedly plucked the delicate flower out from her pant pocket and admired it with the afternoon sun to her back. Hmm... I wonder if this "Prince" guy would show up? Heehee. If he's indeed a prince, he might not come here after all. That rich snob probably doesn't have the guts to break his well-planned schedule for any fun.

While Asuka thought no one in their right mind would come here, its local residents was just out prowling, looking for a quick meal...

Asuka thought she had spotted some kind of wolf-like apparitions stalking through the grass a while ago, but disregarded it as merely her senses playing tricks on her. In truth, she was just in time to witness the Draves out hunting. With her as their target.

"Eh?" Sound of rustling grass and quiet snarls bit her consciousness, seizing the tomboy in a state of wariness. The growls were low and nearl inaudible, seemingly coming from everywhere around her. ...Wolves? Here? They couldn't have been wolves! At least... not here... But this lass was not about to wait to find out when it was too late. The metallic chinks signalled the Akashiman that her blades agreed with the precaution and her legs concurred by getting up into a crouch. The Letifan, having nowhere safe to be outside Asuka's armor, retreated back into the safety of her pant pocket.

Suddenly, her surrounding erupted in a flurry of tan fur and gortesque white fangs rushing for her neck. The tomboy did what she could only think of: Fight back.

The first Drave came straight on, gigantic teeth bare and terrifying. Asuka quickly stepped to the left and crashed her katar onto its rock-hard skull, rattling its senses as well as sending the cur ramming into the gnarly oak with a sickening crack. It tried to stare her down even with blood trickling from a horribly misshapened skull and snarled before lashing out a huge paw at her legs. The Akashiman deftly hopped back into the grass, missing those razor-sharp claws by only a few inches. What-! What is this thing?!?

She could end it all there, stab her katar through its forehead and end its miserable life while it tried to take hers. But Asuka was not the kind of person so simply kill out of spite or mercy. The lass hesitated in delivering the death blow to the collapsing form of a majestic canine, a beast far too hardy to die at the hands of a simple girl. She knew well of its intentions, after all. She knew all too well of the laws which goverened the wold. It only needed food... oh, the poor thing...

The girl took a step forward, trying to get a good look at her attacker whom she fatally wounded. The sand-colored beast laid at the foot of a bloodied oak root, whining and snarling, hanging on to life as long as it could. The alluring ivory teeth still bare and imposing. Just as imposing as the next one that bursted from the grass to her left.

"Aahh!!!" The Akashiman screamed as she went down under a mass of muscle and raw power. Another Drave had been waiting nearby in the grassy field, biding for an opportunity to fell its prey. And now it had her under a gigantic paw that could easily be used as a shoe for the ex-noble. The dark-tan beast snarled and tried to snap Asuka's throat as the maiden herself batted away its deadly maw.

"Arhg! Get off of me! I don't want to kill you!" She screamed into the second Drave's blood-thirsty face. She couldn't help it but feel sorry for herself as well, coming out here for the sake of adventuring. To see the world, as she once told Mariko. To see the world in all its splendor and terror.

To see the paths humanity had taken. In the name of peace and prosperity.

And, with a bit of hope and a boat-load of luck, it wasn't about to end here.

Raelyse
05-04-06, 08:08 AM
"Oh, for goodness sake?" a whining voice pierced the previous silence. "Could you please avoid the rocks? You're messing up my hair." Raelyse's voice was less agitated than normal, probably because he was in such a great mood. Most men felt like this when they were on their way to meet a beautiful woman, but the prince of Myrusia was more excited about using her to appeal to the tastes of Let'Naross. If that succeeded, he could then quite easily describe himself as 'filthy rich' instead of the much less imposing 'rich.' Maybe it was his childish naivety about this situation, but he did feel as though he should be worried that he had not seen this girl and had based his choice completely on the words of his underlings. Actually, it was probably his desperation that gave into this excitement that was making him so delightfully naive about this whole affair.

"I'm sorry, sir," the carriage driver responded. "But I can't possibly avoid the rocks without spilling all the food or killing all the flowers. And plus, sir... it's quite dangerous out here, sir."

"And why is that?" Raelyse said half-heartedly. He was still admiring the reflection of himself in the window's reflection. This combined with the fact that he was still eager to meet this girl, whisk her off her feet and grab that mine to ensure that he did not really care.

"Sir, there are lots of dangerous animals out here, sir."

"I'm sure that they're nothing more than a mouse or a cat at most, just grow some testicles, speed up or I'll tie the reins to you and you can pull me all the way to Khu'Fein."

The annoyance that the prince suddenly showed was enough to scare the carriage driver into obeying, knowing all too well the extent of his superior. All of Raelyse’s underlings knew that he only criticized them for things that they could not help and really, enjoyed the criticism much more than the problems bothered him.

The rest of the journey involved Raelyse making small talk with his reflection, while the driver tried his best to make sure the journey was as smooth as possible. When they reached the Fields, the subordinate looked around for a few seconds, spying only tall grass and trees.

"Uhhhh... Sir?"

"What?"

"We have a problem, sir. It appears that I cannot find the girl."

"I thought you knew what she looked like. Like the seven stars you said, or whatever rubbish you pulled from your ass."

"Sir, that's not the problem. The problem is that there's no one here."

The prince of Myrusia instantly kicked the door to the carriage open and jumped out, clenching his cane tightly in his right hand. He moved towards the front of the carriage in between the horses and the drivers, before looking up at his lackey.

"Well, isn't that perfect? The girl asks us to wait in the Fields of Khu'Fein, which just happens to be you know... a vast, enormous field. Look around..." the prince gestured in the area around them. Everywhere the eye could see, there was nothing but tall grass which obscured the view. "Perfect... Why didn't you use your fucking brain and send a scout to find her? A prince is supposed to be waited on, not the other way on." Raelyse put so much emphasis on the word prince that his subordinate nearly fell off the carriage in fright. Now that the wrath of his superior had been incurred, he dared not even speak back.

"Never mind, fool," the prince murmured. "Go back to Erebus and get seventeen men, then send them here to bring me and the girl to Mt. Grindal. By then, she will have the privilege of..."

Raelyse walked off into the grass. "...Me," he smirked to himself. Sometimes he wished that there were two Raelyses so he could be with himself.

After about five minutes of wading through the grass, the prince began to grow frustrated yet again. Even though he was protecting his hair and clothing by walking very slowly, he could not believe that he had allowed himself to perform such a menial task. This was a job for his men in every shape and form. Each branch that he crunched underfoot, each funny animal sound he heard in the distance, each blade of grass he saw... they all made him more and more frustrated. However, while the rest of those factors slowly faded away into obscurity, the animal sounds remained, getting louder and louder.

Soon, they became more audible instead of just generalized sounds. Growls, barks... the sounds of wolves. At first, the prince was scared. "Wait a second; you're the prince of fucking Myrusia. You're the leader of the Grander's Order. You're the most powerful warrior you've ever met... A few bitches here and there... What the hell is wrong with you?"

Raelyse threw his head back and laughed out loud. Not believing that he was even for the slightest moment afraid, the prince advanced deeper into the grass, spotting a clearing ahead with a large tree breaking the endless fields of long grass. "Finally, difference."

By now, the growls had grown much louder and as soon as the prince moved through the last blade of long grass into the clearing, they were clearly distinguishable. Except the prince had been wrong, these were no wolves. These were Draves. Two of them circled the area, one focused on a girl. But the prince had no time to notice her, his attention was instantly stolen by the unoccupied beast. It, in turn noticed the silver haired prince and instantly bolted in his direction, its teeth bared.

Just like before, the prince managed to calm himself down and avoid doing something stupid. Any signs of fear or surprise faded off his face as he took one step forward with his right foot and thrust his left hand forward. His right held tightly onto his cane as he briefly focused. Raelyse's fingers thrust forward, his left hand's palm pulsing with energy. Within a split second, five bolts of lightning flew from his fingertips, striking the Drave and sending it flying back into the long grass. The beast whimpered as its body lay there, stunned. It would recover in a few seconds, but whether it continued to attack would depend on how hungry it was.

The prince then turned his attention to the next beast to which he gave the same treatment. This one met the same fate as its kin, flying backwards into the long grass.

"Wait until you see me when I'm hungry."

Yamihara
05-11-06, 01:00 AM
How long has it been? How long have I been pinned down under this... beast?

Asuka breathed hard with every parry of her katar, dealing glancing blows to the unbelieveably recilient teeth of the attacking Drave. Its alluring yellow eyes staring down on the Akashiman as it would have on any other prey fortunate enough to be killed instantly. Every sinew and muscle with its powerful form pressed forcibly against the ex-noble's own frail physique. This fight was a test of strength between the hunter and the prey. Hunter wins, hunter eats. Prey loses, prey gets eaten. Either way, Asuka was not too happy with the results.

Just as sudden as her assailants had appeared, white tendrils of lightning flashed by and sent the Drave sailing like a stuffed doll against a gale and into the waist-high grass. Asuka, however, remainded with her back against the abusing tree roots. What just happened?

The voice came across strong and clear to her left, the voice of a young man. Full of cocky wit and humor. A voice that could grab the attention of onlookers and admirers with ease. A voice that held Asuka in a mesmerizing grasp.

A figure appeared from the forest of gold with a gentle rustle and a cool breeze. A grand entrance in a place so wild, miles away from the complexities of the city of technology. The Akashiman maiden gazed in wonder into the azure eyes of her rescuer, realizing they were the same shades as her sister's. The more she looked him over, the more questions entered her thoughts.

This man, possibly the same age as Asuka, looked every inch a prince straight from an Akashiman fairy tale. His perfectly clean white shirt revealed the fine-toned muscles that begged to be admired. But, if he was indeed a prince of sort, what was he doing out in a place as untamed as this expansive plain?

With the two majestic beasts paralyzed from his tendrils, Asuka slowly pushed herself up and leaned on the mighty lone oak, gasping for air. Faint smell of ozone brushed pass her noze and she simply couldn't help it but cough uncontrollably, her hands batting away the corrosive gas.

"Hey, um..." The maiden glanced sheepishly at the handsome stranger who was apparently enjoying this quick bout with the native beasts. "Thanks. For rescuing me back there."

Wait. Could this be the "Prince Raelyse" who sent me that letter? Her mind mentioned the name before long and Asuka casually reached into her pocket for the delicate flower given to her earlier. To her horror, the Letifan was to be found nowhere on her body. What the- hey! Where did it go?!?

Alarmed, Asuka feverishly scanned the immediate patch of ground where she was pinned down by one of the Drave beasts. And sure enough, the cute white blossom of the Letifan was caught among the golden swaying grass not far from where she was ambushed. I must've dropped it in the fight... oh, thank the Lore!

She strode over to the flower and gently palmed it, admiring its delicate beauty. Returning to the smartly-dressed young man, Asuka beamed absent-mindedly in admiration.

"That was some awfully neat trick there, launching thunderbolts from your hands. But by the looks of it, I don't think you're hungry yet. Am I right?"

There was something alluring, something about this man that immediately caught the Akashiman's attention. Something she longed to be like to her sister. But that something might just be a figment of her imagination.

Raelyse
05-14-06, 06:50 AM
As the two animals scattered, searching for another meal, their assailant stood in the centre of the clearing, his left hand raised to his face. It still pulsed with the power that had been used mere moments ago, electric sparks still jumped off his fingertips and onto the dusty ground below. Raelyse smirked, clenching his fist and sending the last of the leftover energy down his arm and back into his body, wherever it was stored, ready to be called upon when it was needed again.

For a moment, the prince of Myrusia stood still in the middle of the clearing, surveying his surroundings. It was quite strange that in the middle of the tall grass, there existed a small area where no vegetation grew. Maybe it was that large tree that was tucked away here, stealing all the nutrients within its roots radius for itself. Raelyse cocked his head back and moved towards it, his left hand touching the tree trunk gently. His palm was still hot from before, but something about the rough bark calmed him down. Then, he knew. This tree was so much like him. So imposing, so ruthless...

"Perhaps, our meeting was by fate," the prince laughed. He turned around and was surprised to see a girl here. He had not noticed her in the presence of the Draves before. As she thanked him for saving her, he snorted softly to himself. He had attacked the beasts more to curb his own boredom than become anyone's hero. Although now that he had done it, he was happy, now perhaps he would have a companion that could guide him to the person that he was seeking. However, a quick assessment of her very undrow or Dwarven appearance made Raelyse realize that this girl must be as clueless as this area as he was.

With a soft sigh, he walked off. He might have walked from the direction he came for all he knew, but he was stopped briefly by the girl's second burst of speech.

He could not help but laugh condescendingly at the girl behind him. "No, I'm not. And you're lucky that I'm not, because I can get really... really... grumpy. Then, you'll be praying that Prince Raelyse Salidan didn't rescue you."

The prince penetrated the long grass, pushing it aside to walk through it. As he left though, he raised his left hand into the air, opening his clenched fist to mockingly wave goodbye.

"And if you see a beautiful goddess of a woman," those words were spoke with such sarcasm that the prince was on the verge of laughter before he had even finished speaking. "... Tell her that she better be worth it."

Yamihara
05-14-06, 10:10 PM
Well! That was rather rude.

The handsome young man strode around the place as if he owned it, strutting his stuff with the elegant flare of a rich boy. Still, his sudden and timely appearance was more than grateful to the Akashiman ex-noble. She had seen many of his kinds back when she was still a member of the Yamihara house, wearing the fabrics made for the rich and beautiful. She might have had done the same thing this person had done to others. Then, Asuka realized something she had disregarded for a long time.

She still had nobility running through her veins, whether she liked it or not. There was no mistake that she would have to endure the endless hours in the courts and ballrooms making a spectacle to those same people she yearned to be away from. It was, after all, her very upbringing.

Pretty boy scoffed playfully at her remarks and pranced away, waving his hand in his patronizing way.

Wait a minute. Didn't he say his name was Prince Raelyse Salidan?

The name was one and the same as the sender of the mysterious letter. His haughty ego certainly went well with his title, not to mention his impeccable sense of fashion and cleanliness. Well, well. So he actually came all this way. I guess I should play along with him, seeing that he's so eager to meet me.

"A beautiful goddess of a woman, you say?" Asuka leaned against the gentle tree softly, toying with the Letfan blossom in her hand. "I don't think I've seen any since I got there. Not a soul for miles around except us, Prince Raelyse." She made sure to emphasize his status. Through her years of attending the royalties and nobilities back home, stating their titles was more than enough to catch their attention. Whether or not the attention grasped was beneficial, that was a different story.

The coy Akashiman waited for the prince to turn around before giving the delicate white flower a twirl with her fingers. A small grin formed at the edge of her lips, knowing that she finally had his attention. "Looking for this?"

Raelyse
05-15-06, 01:39 AM
It was out of pure intrigue and curiosity that the prince of Myrusia halted, just a few feet into the tall grass. His smirk widened when he heard her voice again. Despite his haste, he could never turn down a chance to put someone in their place. And telling by the tone of this girl's voice, she was just the kind that needed ‘reeducation’. His posture turned around slowly and he made his way into the clearing again, sweeping off the leaves or grass that had made their way onto his precious clothing. He tilted his head upwards, giving the impression that he was looking down on her.

"My dear, I think it's in your best interest not to continually repeat my name. I am quite important, you know that?"

He laughed softly to himself once again. Raising his left hand, he began to speak. "And unfortunately for you, people like me," he smiled softly. "They just don't tal- "

The prince was shocked when he saw the girl revealed his flower, which he had only ever given to one person on this continent. She twirled it in her fingers like it was nothing... She had no idea of its value and how much people would be willing to go through for that. But that was insignificant. What was important was that it was a token of Raelyse's appreciation, something he did not hand out on a regular basis.

"Where did you get that?" the prince remarked, his tone considerably less cool, more agitated than before. He eyed the flower more than he looked at the person who held it, but his eyes could not help wandering her frame. If this was the Asuka that his underlings had spoken of, he was definitely disappointed. He had expected a figure of beauty that he wanted, not of some other culture. Raelyse had wanted voluptuous breasts, a shaped figure and clothing that would highlight those assets. And yet, as his eyes focused, they found that while none of those criteria were met, he could not look away.

There was something about her. She may not have the look of Raelyse's previous partners, but she carried a certain air about her that made her all the more attractive. While he tried to steer his attention to her body, his eyes would not move from her face. Even from this distance, her light brown eyes captured him. Her lips, smooth and petite, were twisted into a small, confident grin. It was one that the prince could not help but mimic.

"You must be Asuka," the prince said, regaining his composure slowly.

Even if she wasn't, he didn't care. This woman would be his.

Yamihara
05-19-06, 09:22 AM
For a moment she thought the Prince was going to punish her for the blatant mockery as he slowly raised his hand up, apparently intended on giving the girl a nasty jolt of his electric touch. However, those same sky-blue eyes seemed to be locked in a trance, observing her body as if he had just seen her for the first time. The tomboy glanced coyly at the gawking prince out from the corner of her eye, making the girl look like she wasn't giving him much attention as she had before.

There was no doubt about it that this person before her, clad in the finest of clothes available to those with deep enough pockets and an even deeper vanity to fill, is the very Prince Raelyse Salidan apparently in charge of a kingdom somewhere on this island polupated by dark-colored elves and stout, moody men. But his ego was something the girl would have to be careful about. She had been in the presence of many of his types and knew that the least bit of unwanted provokation could snag her a quick trip to the cellar without a word spoken. A dangerous psycho in the guise of a nobility.

"Yes, indeed, I am." She strode over to the gaping prince, holding out her hand the way her father had trained her to. Even though Asuka had thrown many beliefs and customs of the Akashiman nobility away when she was outcasted from her family, those kind of things just instictively return on their own accord. Like homing pigeons coming home from faraway lands, they never miss their mark.

Now that the two had met, Asuka thought about prying this man for his motives. The logical side of her mind protested, stating that she should get him in a better mood and in a better position than this. Perhaps, a quick trip to his palace would do nicely.

"I'm honored to make your acquaintence, Prince Raelyse." Asuka began her meek banter, making eye contact with the attractive young man. Asuka knew for a fact the majority of men couldn't turn down two things if they had a choice - beautiful women and worldly riches. The Akashiman was aware, however, that she lacked the panache present in women in general. Yet she was sure her intellect and courtly elegance was more than enough to balance out her physical shortcoming.

"By the bye, I do remember you mentioning a carriage of sort? I was surprised to see you travel here on foot." The maiden feign a worried look as she casted her sights about, surveying the area for his ride. In actuality, she was more concerned whether or not the two Draves that attacked her had recovered already or not. Asuka was not about to have to slay those hardy beasts just to come out of this ironically heavenly field alive. "You must be tired from all that walking."

Asuka glanced warily off to her right, just in time to catch a fleeting glimpse of a sand-colored tail disappearing into the similarly colored grass. Seeing that the two Draves snuck away without a second round, she breathed a sigh of relief. May the Creatures of Lore guide you guys. Happy hunting.

"So," Returning her attention to the arrogant gentleman who stood only a couple of inches taller, Asuka shot him a curoius glance. "When do we leave?"

Raelyse
05-20-06, 11:33 AM
Well, at this point, it did not really seem to matter what this girl's name was. Raelyse had known a lot more girls who had names that he did not even bother to ask for, and some were of much more use to him than this was. Or maybe she would be more useful, the prince really could not think about that topic at the moment.

Her words entered his ear but most of the information simply passed out without being acknowledged. Their recipient was too busy thinking about the future, about the Dwarven mines that would soon be his, of the money he could add to his already vast wealth. Flashing the most genuine smile was the only thing he could do to prevent drool from pushing its way through his lips. It was a lie, of course but Raelyse knew that he was slowly running out of time. He would have to acquire a woman and soon.

And this one did not seem to be as bad as first thought. Maybe those pathetic lackeys finally did something right... for once.

But enough about that, the prince thought to himself, he was dwelling too much on the past and the future and a quick mental slap in the face was enough to bring him back to the present. He brought his left hand forward, shifting his weight gradually to his right, using his cane to support it. He cupped her delicate palm slowly in his and slowly kneeled down. His thumb raised itself slightly and the prince began to delicately run it up and down her index finger. Before she had a chance to react, he pressed his lips gently to her first knuckle, kissing it softly. His eyes closed softly for a moment before they opened again. The prince raised his head slightly, looking into Asuka's eyes.

"I'm sorry for my prior anger, I was just a bit agitated that I could not find you with the haste that was required for a lady of your," all signs of confidence or cockiness drained quickly from the prince's face and were quickly replaced by awe and wonder. "... Splendor."

He then proceeded to flash her one his most seductive smiles, one that formed slowly. It started as his lips twisted upwards, his lips parting slowly to reveal his sparkling white teeth.

It was then with great reluctance that the prince let go of her hand, as if he was throwing away a lover's rose, and slowly got to his feet. He could not help but run his thumb gently along her index finger, culminating in a soft caress of her finger nail before his left hand took its rightful place at his side. The entire time, he did not even allow his eyes to move a millimeter from her face. They stayed transfixed on her soft, brown eyes and even his lips did not change.

Before Raelyse could speak, invite, seduce... Asuka decided to talk this time, inquiring about his carriage.

"Not to worry, milady. I am as close to an atypical knight in shining armor as you will get," he said in jest, accompanied by a light chuckle to himself. "Strong, hardy, invincible... but I am also a prince and thus, I am always prepared, I am always dashing but best of all, I never get dirty."

To emphasize the last point, the prince spread his arms to reveal a body that was untouched by any blemishes of any sort. Even his clothing did not possess even the smallest twig or blade of grass while his boots seemed to have some magical ability which made sure they both retained their shine and repelled mud of any sort.

"And as for the carriage," Raelyse roes his left hand instantly at this, opening his palm. In a split second, he placed his index finger and thumb together and made a loud click that echoed throughout the entire plain. The prince, wary that his signal to summon his followers would surely attract the predators due to its volume, instinctively fell back to the girl's side, his arm protectively wrapping around her.

He looked down on her, his taller frame easily towering over her.

"It's on its way, milady. We can't have another incident like that; it'd be a shame if the Antifirmament got a lass as fine as you."

Yamihara
05-22-06, 01:42 AM
((Bunny Approved by Raelyse))

The Prince greeted her with relatively surprising admiration, something she had not seen among the royalties for quite a while. The way he caressed her tender hand, although slowly becoming callous and worn from the many adventures she had endured in her long journey away from home, incited curiosity about his motives for wanting to meet her.

The maiden smiled warmly at the apologizing Raelyse, realizing that not a single moment went by without the Prince's azure gaze diving deep into her own. It was either the handsome young royalty was deeply interested in Asuka and was off in some sort of fantasy world with her at his side, or he was too polite not to make constant eye contact. Judging from the way he greeted her earlier, seemingly batting her away like an irrelevent housefly, it was more likely to be the former.

The narcisstic youth insisted on displaying his impecable sense of style and cleanliness, offering his splendidly-designed clothes an opportunity for Asuka to gaze upon in awe. Boy, what a show-off. She thought and giggled to herself, trying not to make it obvious that she thought of him as all-talk-and-no-show. Still, the man had the decency to call on his carriage in a most flamboyant manner with an stentorian snap of his finely manicured digits.

Asuka blinked once in an attempt to clear her rattled mind of the echoing boom of his display of force but was immediately whisked away by her Prince Charming, treading through the grass lightly towards the direction he pointed out not too long ago. The silver-hair prince quipped about with impunity to the dangers that lurked within the sea of gold, to which Asuka found quite unnerving. She was unsure whether which would be worse - a fight for survival against the noble beast of the plains or the narcissistic rants of an arrogant royalty. But seeing that she had gotten this far already, there was no reason to turn her back on his offer and face the prespect of becoming fried to the spot.

"Why, that's very thoughtful of you, Prince Raelyse." The Akashiman ex-noble began, trying to keep her sweet smile plastered across her face as if nothing out of the usual happened as she was escorted by the strong arms of her prince. "You certainly don't have the looks of the Aleran locals, seeing as they are either dwarves or drows. From which noble kingdom do you hail from, may I ask?"

The question suddenly caused the young girl to remember the customs of politeness she had been taught many years ago while she still donned the fibers of nobility. One was not to ask lightly of a royalty's homeland, lest the party accosted felt insulted by the fact their homeland was not well-known enough to be recognized instantly. And in the case of the amazingly conceited young prince by her side, it could well meant she might get a taste of his electric personality.

Before the silver-hair prince could respond at all, Asuka hastily added to her previous question a follow-up explanation, hoping it would not trigger a negative reaction from someone capable of having the lass beheaded with a flick of his wrist.

"Well, I am only asking you this because I have travelled far from my estate and it's been such a long time since I had returned there, the news about your majestic kingdom might not have reached me before meeting you in person. I kindly apologize if my inquiry was a bit patronizing in your eyes."

The two of them continued walking away from the open grassland, slowly becoming more active with hungry Draves weaving through the golden stalks, keeping a fair distance away from the two humans approached by a regal horse-drawn carriage which seemingly appeared out of the blue. The doorsman courtly swung the door open to which the pair, one a blue-blood royalty with the looks to match his ego while the other a dust-covered red head adventurer, daintily embarked on their ride to the destination aforementioned in his letter.

The silky Letifan remained fast in Asuka's delicate hold as their carriage headed down the gravel-strewn road towards Mt. Grindal, the girl thinking what kind of mishap she had gotten herself into this time.

Raelyse
05-22-06, 02:38 AM
Even as the girl spoke, the prince could hear the sounds of horse hooves and wooden wheels making contact with the dirt path nearby. He indulged her though, because he saw no reason to dismiss any hope in the girl that she was good enough for him. At least until after the ball, he needed her to be as infatuated with him as possible until after that time. Then, it would not matter, unless she could prove useful to him afterwards. And judging by her posture and tone which he studied beneath his charming facade, he was right on track to get the rights to that mine from that bastard Let'Naross.

As she asked of his country of origin, the prince could not restrain a small, condescending smirk from forming across his lips, though he quickly abolished it in favor of his seductive smile. To be honest, he really cared little for Myrusia. The only reason he kept referring to it because of the royal status that it gifted him. It was little known and had even less good things in it, so Raelyse saw no other reason than his royalty to continually link himself to such a pitiful place. But, no one knew what he thought anyway and since he was a prince, he got the respect that a prince deserved.

"Milady, I'm from Myrusia, a small island in between Salvar and Berevar. It's a quaint little place, but I just had to get out. You know," he said softly, his eyes turning to hers again as they walked through the long grass towards the dirt road ahead. "To get a better view of the world. And..." he smiled softly, raising his hand and rubbing it gently along her back. "...the people within it. So far, I've been genuinely awestruck by what I've seen."

By now, they had reached the makeshift road through the fields of Khu'Fein that Raelyse had arrived on. His majestic carriage had already arrived and the driver was already on the ground, the door held wide open. A delicious combination aroma of food, flowers, deodorant and perfume escaped from within it and tickled both of their senses of smell. Normally, a mixture of such things would be unpleasant, but Raelyse had ensured that his subordinates continually use trial and error to ensure it became the most pleasant smell ever.

"After you, Milady," the prince said with a sincere smile plastered on his face. After she climbed aboard and scooted to the right, Raelyse leaned over and whispered to the driver. "Grindal summit now, then. But take the most scenic route possible, will you?" He let out a small sly smile before climbing aboard, before turning to Asuka and transforming it into the genuine one she had gotten so used to seeing.

Even before the carriage roared off into the distance, the prince could sense a type of apprehension within Asuka, something that had always happened with girls that he had just met. He smiled though, playfully fiddling with the ring on his right index finger as he spoke to her.

"I see you haven't really let go of that flower that I gave you earlier. I'm glad, people have always told me that I'm not the best when it comes to giving presents," he laughed softly to himself. "But now that I know that you like it, I have no reluctance in telling you that beneath your seat, there is a surprise for you."

Underneath the area where Asuka sat, there was a small crate, about two feet tall and three feet wide. Inside there was an enormous bouquet of about thirty assorted flowers, ranging from Letifan to Soema, from Rose to Violet... every breed underneath the sun seemed to be included. Even Raelyse was quite amazed by it. But that was not all, within the bouquet itself, there lay a small sapphire, attached to a majestic golden chain.

Yes, just a little surprise underneath her chair.

Yamihara
05-22-06, 04:45 AM
The Prince continued with his charming smile and light-hearted banter while Asuka exchanged meek glances from his attractive blue eyes to the passing fields of flower outside. The aromatic banquet laid out inside the roomy carriage blended in well with the sweet fragrance of perfume and flowers, easing the nervous tension the lass had been building up to the moment. Everything was prepared ahead of time and the fine details of each dish were impeccable. If she had not known any better, they were merely seated at a table somewhere within the grand halls of the Prince's own castle.

Asuka hadn't realized she still had the delicate white blossom firm in her hands until the handsome youth pointed it out, alluding that she would also like the surprise he had hidden under her seat.

Oh? What could that be? Asuka was simply abashed by such a royalty-like treatment. Sure, she was once a noble of the Yamihara Family, herself in line to become the lady-in-waiting of the Princess of Akashima. She had been through many customary courting, though many she turned down simply because none was able to live up to her standards of chivalry and sincerity. But here she sat, in the clothes of a wanderer with the looks of a vagabond, opposite of a charming prince apparently trying to win her heart. How was he so sure Asuka was of noble birth? All she could attribute such a claim would be her elegant demeanor and natural charm, but it seemingly wasn't enough to convince him this clearly.

The seat seemed a bit strange in design to the Akashiman, who promptly lightly felt around the cushion and felt the deep gap between her seat and the perpendicular board connected to the floor. When she pried it with her fingers, the "panel" slid forward and revealed a splendid bouquet of flowers Asuka never knew could be in the same place at the same time. The pleasant fragrance lifting the tomboy-turned-noble's spirits and dispersing the rest of her unease.

The remainder of the trip consisted of light-hearted conversation about each other and the purposes for being here in Alerar, though most of the time it was Asuka who was telling him of her life back in Akashima, a relatively isolationistic nation spread out at the foot of Comb Mountains all the way to the eastern Coronain coastline. How her life was filled with the pampers of her prominent father, the Duke of Akashima. About how her mother passed away when she was only 11 years old. How she had to look after Mariko, her enchanting younger sister whom she loved with all her heart. Stories flowed from her mind like a tidal wave, evoking feelings she had long since forgotten after her exile from the very place she was born. Homesickness.

But she was glad to have found someone as dreamy as Prince Raelyse Salidan, Prince of Myrusia. Someone she could look to as both a companion and a guardian. Someone she felt she could be with for the rest of her life.

The horse-drawn carriage made its way up the gentle slopes of Mt. Grindal and before long the two nobles found themselves at the top looking down upon the vast landscape of Alerar, the delicate breeze sweeping across the velveteen grass and stirring the young maiden's hair as she held on to the beautiful flowers neatly arranged to accentuate the beauty of one another.

Wow... Asuka couldn't believe the view she could see from atop such a secluded and wondrous locale. The fields of Khu'Fein stretched onwards, still in its quest to reach the horizon while the city of Ettermire, though partly obscured by black billows of smoke rising from machineries and factories, teemed with busy residents out to bring forth prosperity and technology to the world around them.

"This place..." The lass turned to face her companion, flushed from the sheer amount of honor he had shown to her within such a relatively short time. "It's so... beautiful."

Truly, this man... this prince...

He could certainly well be her Prince Charming and Asuka was all too lucky to have found him so early in her life.

Raelyse
05-22-06, 07:03 AM
As she spoke and revealed the details of her life up to this point, the prince of Myrusia could not help but slowly lose control of his ears. He was never the man who would listen to all the girl's problems and think up ways to help them solve them. In fact, he was probably the reason why most of those girls complained and swore off men. At this moment though, Asuka did not need to know this little tidbit. All she needed to know was that for this moment, she would believe that she had the undivided attention of Raelyse Salidan. His smile never faltered, his gaze never left her pretty features. Occasionally, he would fiddle with his rings, but it was never to the point that it bothered her.

From what she said, the prince managed to gather at least some information. It delighted him to find out that she was a noble or a former one at least. At least he would not have to mingle with common folk. The one thing that he felt bad about though as he looked at Asuka though was that she looked rather unkempt, slightly messy compared to what he had always envisioned of one of her ancestry. However, he assumed that this was probably because she had been away from what she had deserved for so long. Come the ball, she would become a vision of beauty that he deserved to be with and for at least one night, she would have the splendor she deserved.

At the foot of Mt. Grindal, when Raelyse felt that she had finished talking, he slowly slid his right hand over hers, caressing her fingers just like he had before. His cheeks flushed a slight color of red before he spoke softly to her, "Asuka, you deserve better. And I will strive, no... I will ensure that you receive what you deserve."

The carriage seemed to rush up the hill during their short conversation and when it jolted to a halt, the prince brought his hand to his side and smiled confidently to himself before adjusting his clothing, trying to ensure that all creases on his clothing would be a thing of the past. As the carriage door flung open, the prince watched as time stood still. He gazed at her, she flashed him a small look before she descended downwards from the carriage. Raelyse allowed himself a small grin of triumph, he could feel that she was already starting to fall, or at least fall for him. He watched her take the bouquet of flowers down and watched as the top of his lips curled, forming a smirk. This would seal the deal.

The prince followed her and descended onto the summit of Mt. Grindal. He glared at the driver out of the corner of his eye and watched as he ran off, probably to hide himself until his leader needed him again. At this moment, even the cocky Raelyse could feel the beauty of the view softening him up. It was just so breathtaking, there was nothing like it. Nothing even came close.

Raelyse moved towards Asuka slowly, the only sound of him was the cane as it tapped on the ground. When he was about one foot behind the girl, he slowed down and reached forward, his left hand grasping into the bouquet of flowers. Beneath the yellow Letifan, he remembered, that was where her little present would be. He pulled it out and held it softly in his left hand. His body was about four inches from her's, but his left hand was thrust forward, with the sapphire bracelet held in between his fingers.

The prince leaned forward, his lips mere centimeters away from her ears. Softly, he whispered.” A gift, for you. May I?"

He watched as she nodded slightly, her cheeks no doubt flushed red. Raelyse softly undid the hook on the bracelet, sliding it around her slender neck. As he did so, he could not help but slowly caress it. Resisting the urge to kiss her, he could not decide which part of her body was most tempting for him, he slowly moved closer, his right hand now wrapping around her body, his cane now parallel to her left leg.

"I hate to meander, milady," Raelyse whispered seductively into her ear once again. He spoke slowly, making this moment drag on and on, but he did not complain and he was confident she would not either. "But there is a reason I seeked you out. You see, there is this event, a grand ball. And for it, I require someone."

The prince paused for a moment. Even at this moment, he felt a loss for words. "Someone with beauty, someone with poise, someone with intelligence, someone with the ability to captivate..."

Raelyse paused again, but this time he leaned forward, pressing his body softly against her's, his lips moving forward as he kissed her lightly on her left cheek, inches away from her lips. Slowly, he moved back to her ear and whispered again.

"Someone like you, Asuka."

Yamihara
05-24-06, 04:04 AM
Prince Raelyse spoke with the allure of a true Prince Charming, his words riding the breeze with delicate murmurs and gentle caress. His hand emerged from the bouquet of wondrous flowers Asuka had been holding onto since inside their enchanted ride, holding onto what appeared to be an extremely enchanting sapphire necklace, accentuated to perfection by the delicate golden frame and chain. It was something her sister Mariko would definitely fall in love with had she been here with Asuka. But it didn't matter here. Raelyse wanted her to have it.

The prince's gentle hands passed over her shoulders in such a way the ex-noble felt chills tingling at her spine. It wa a feeling she never thought of ever having in her life ever since she took off down the road of a tomboy. No man had been able to seize her attention, much less her heart, until this very moment with the Myrusian Prince just inches behind her. Asuka drew a sharp breath at the thought of him being there right behind her, donning the sapphire necklace on her exposed nape.

The Akashiman customs were very strict about this special location of the female body, saying that none but the husband himself may see a glimpse of it. Therefore, all the young, unmarried ladies in Akashima either wore their hair long or wore clothes with high collars, specifically to disguise this very vulnerable area.

Realizing this just moments later, as the Prince had finished the tiny mechanism brushing lightly against the back of her neck and now hugging her waist fondly, the girl simply could not keep a straight face and felt as if her entire face had turned the same color as the most vivid rose.

He whispered again into her ear ever so softly, tickling the maiden's ears with his soft words. Asuka, however, dared not look directly into his eyes, fearing her emotions would betray her mouth and do something regrettable to the honorable prince. Listening intently while her face remained bright red from the very personal ornament, the Akashiman maiden was whisked off her feet at the mention of her beauty.

Sure, she had the blood of the nobility. She had the class, the courtly elegance, the mannerism befitting to partner with this incorruptible prince at her side. But his purpose for seeking her out seemed like such a superficial object. Prince Raelyse needed someone to accompany him to a grand ball, one of many Asuka was sure he had to attend. Yet with such refined taste and splendor as he, the prince could surely choose anyone else to go with him who was better-looking, more refined and with obviously more bust than her. The reasoning was more than enough to drive the acknowledgement home.

Prince Raelyse saw something beyond the looks of a travel-worn maiden in an unforgiving world. And that was enough to please her beyond words.

"So..." Asuka continued letting her sights wander the expansive ladscape, trying not to show her prince the embarassment of having been chosen as his companion even though she most likely didn't deserve such a title. "You want me to go with you... to the ball?"

At last, the maiden couldn't keep her excitement and beamed from ear to ear. Wow~! A prince just asked me to go to the ball with him! And a grand ball as well! Oh, thank the Lore for guiding my fate thus far~!

"I will be greatly honored, Prince Raelyse." Asuka leaned backwards, letting herself fall into the loving embrace of the Myrusian Prince. His comfortable hold reassuring her decision.

Asuka was with the person she truly fell in love with and she was confident he was also in love with her. What could possibly go wrong?

Raelyse
05-28-06, 06:01 AM
Slow but emphatic movements were the only things that the prince of Myrusia allowed his hands and fingers to do as he felt the girl's lithe body rest against his. Slowly, his head moved down slowly to rest on her shoulders, his eyes staring intently at her's, those small brown circles reflected beautifully in his soft blue ones. Raelyse's left hand grew tired of being unable to touch what the rest of his body could, so with the poise and grace of a cat, it slowly moved around the body of the girl, meeting the other hand, both palms touching themselves on the handle of Raelyse's cane. He closed his eyes softly, feeling the breeze at this altitude sweep over them. It was gentle, comfortable, just the way he wanted Asuka to feel at this time.

As she leaned backwards and her shirt moved up along with her, revealing her delicate navel, the prince raised his fingers which slowly began to rub themselves gently against her stomach, caressing it softly. It was soft, so nice to touch, so beautiful... Raelyse could hardly believe that a girl like this was in a place like Alerar. She was beautiful, perhaps not in the traditional sense but the extra factor in her made her really appealing to the prince, he could hardly keep his eyes off her.

His lips quivered at the prospect of touching her soft, pink variants that his eyes now found themselves locked on. The prince himself could hardly resist them, they seemed to call out to him as he stared at them. With the slow movements that he had used so often these past few moments, he moved his head an inch closer to her's, his lips mere centimeters away.

"Asuka," he said softly. "I am commanded to do something... something that I know..."

Raelyse moved closer, his lips now brushing against her's, their softness slowly quivering with the shyness expected of her. The prince did not stop though, his eyelids slowly covering his blue pupils, as his breath slowly but surely began to quicken. "... Would be very..."

His lips thrust forward without warning at that statement, contacting her's for a millisecond before he pulled away, his body following the recoil of his head beginning with his arms, which moved to his side, his body also separating from her's.

Raelyse began to adjust his clothing, rubbing off the creases that had formed themselves.

"Un-gentlemanly of me," he said with a sly smirk across his face.

He followed that up with another loud click of his fingers, to which the driver of the cart appeared from behind it quickly. "Time to go home, Milady."

Yamihara
06-06-06, 11:20 AM
Asuka was lulled by the magnificent prince and his charm she didn't feel at all uncomfortable by the way his hands played around her unclothed waist, instead she felt even more at ease with him. The lass believed she could be completely at ease in the presence of such a noble gentleman she had no need to be afraid of him taking advantage. Besides, such a feeling as his warm, tender hands caressing her travel-weary body was nearly heavenly. She had never been so close to another man besides her own father, even then it was more than five years ago since she had been this close to the Duke at all. Prince Raelyse was readily offering her the love and care she had for so long neglected, hardening her heart and turning into a tomboy by the branding of the mass. Now, she truly felt like a woman again.

The Myrusian Prince spoke a few words as his head rested romantically on her shoulder, his breath a delicate scent of mint and lavender. The maiden turned her head slightly and stared into his placid sapphire eyes, eyes which reminded her of Mariko's own lovely eyes looking up to her as the little girl's personal guardian. She could see herself in his wonderful orbs, standing next to the silver-hair prince and waving to the Akashiman crowds coming to congratulate her wedding. The moment of silence was like eternity as both youths neared each other, lips parting just lightly and unconsciously.

The pluck came suddenly and a complete surprise to Asuka, her emotion even more confused as her Prince Charming pulled away and stood at the ready like an officer reporting for duty. Asuka stared blankly at the prince while her left hand wandered to meet her pink lips, her own face turning a similar color as her mind concluded the previous act.

I- I... He- We- Asuka turned bright red at the thought of having just kissed a prince of a foreign land, a very prominent figure in Alerar as well, nonetheless. uWa- Uwa~! The lass was too embarassed to do anything right, even as her prince told her it was time to go home. But where was she supposed to go? Surely, not back to Akashima since she was ousted from her family by her own father.

Asides from that, she had no place to call home.

It took her a couple of seconds afterwards to realize what Prince Raelyse meant as the carriage appeared from behind the tree. It was an invitation to be at his side at his estate while preparing for the ball she was to attend with him.

He was inviting her to stay with him, the Prince of Myrusia.

"I, um, I-a..." The blushing maiden couldn't think of what to say to the prince, let alone look at him straight in those wonderful deep blue eyes. Asuka merely lifted the fragile flower bouquet up to hide her red cheeks and obediently stepped into the charming carriage before being whisked away to Prince Raelyse's grand estate.

~~~

Asuka glanced about Erebus while the seamstresses and maids went about fitting her custom-made evening gown in front of three huge mirrors, making sure every seam and every hand-made blue rose was securely sewn into place at the right angle to compensate for her under-developed physique. The quick-fingered ladies laced her form-fitting dress with beautiful silver ribbons, crossing it from her left shoulder all the way around her waist and sewing the rest to resemble an elegant belt. The upper portion was not overly impressive, but the dressmakers were crafty enough to add soft padding to the underside of her bra to "push" her figure up enough to cause casual onlookers to drool. Asuka couldn't help but blushed and eyed the maids as they worked on her the back of her short skirt with layers of soft sky-blue silk, creating the effect of tail feathers from the nightingale. THe front of her skirt barely reached the upper helf of her thigh and the lass giggled as one of her attendants measured the length of her legs. She wasn't sure what they were planning on making, but it must surely be worth the effort of Prince Raelyse to have hired them.

Asuka stared into the beautiful noble girl in the mirror as she was being dressed to prefection, reminiscing to the day she was merely a wandering adventurer looking for a blacksmith to mend her damaged weapons. How a Myrusian Prince accosted the lass and offered his abode for her to stay with, charming the girl beyond words she could think of. He made her feel like a woman, presenting her with a jewel only worthy of a lady of noble birth and a place to call home. Raelyse's gentle words echoed in the Akashiman's ears as the prince took her on a tour about the grand castle, build to serve as both a luxurious home away from home and a formidable fortress when the need arise. While the main hall was lined with smooth, milky marble and majestically furnished, the outer perimeters were manned day and night and reinforced with granite and steel. Though spartanly furnished compared to the main halls, it nonetheless served its purposes quite well.

It was several days ago when she arrived at the grand fortress by the name of Erebus, also the headquarters of the fabled Grander's Order, yet she had seen nearly every room Prince Raelyse wished for her to witness the grandeur of the architecture. The Prince even gaver her a tour of his private room, which had been neatly cleaned and furbished with luxurious leather armchairs and velvet carpet. His bed was soft and feathery, so soft it nearly lulled the girl to sleep. It felt so much like her old bed, minus the frilly sheet and the emblem of the Grander's Order somewhere on the bed. She was unsure about the latter, since her prince had awakened her with a soft caress.

The hairdresser entered into the room with a wide grin, beaming at Asuka all the way from her room door as the maids closed the gigantic frame behind the eccentric lady.

"Why, what lovely~ fiery hair!~" The lanky woman greeted Asuka in a nasal whine, scanning the Akashiman's hair from root to tip with a rather expensive seashell comb. "I just love your hair, Miss Asuka. And I'll make sure you look even more lovely than master Raelyse would ever think you could be."

Asuka was not entirely sure as to what the last statement meant, but she wasn't even given a chance to interject when the eccentric hairdresser went to work. All Asuka could do for the time being was comply obediently and try to protest as little as possible. She wanted to look her best, so there was nothing she shoud be complaining about.

Whether it was worth the pain or not, that was a different story for another time.

Raelyse
06-07-06, 12:11 AM
It was not a usual occurrence when the prince of Myrusia found himself so thoroughly occupied for a few days at a stretch by one woman, but then again... as the cliché goes, it is not often that one has the opportunity of meeting someone like Asuka Yamihara. There was definitely something about her that separated her from the countless girls that Raelyse had been with, a factor that just made him want to see her again and again. In the carriage ride to Erebus and even when he showed her where she would be staying, he had thought that he would have used one of his subordinates to show her around, but yet he could not resist. Every time they parted, it was always a "See you later" instead of a "Goodbye." The prince didn't hate this for some reason until it finally dawned on him.

He enjoyed her presence.

It took him a while to admit it, but every time he stole a gaze at her soft brown eyes, her delicate pink lips, he could feel his heart beat faster. Every time his bare skin rubbed against her smooth body, he could feel his heart beat faster. Every time her mouth widened to let out that innocent, soft laugh, he could feel his heart beat faster. And yet, he was not in love with her. At least, he wanted himself to believe that he wasn't in love with her. He couldn't fall in love, he was Raelyse Salidan. He could tell that she had feelings for him, but he hoped that she couldn't tell that he did for her, at least with anything other than her blind affection for him.

On the day of the ball, the prince was alone in his room, having dismissed all of his attendants to make sure that Asuka looked her best for the grand day. Someone with his natural charisma and good looks did not need as much attention as her, someone who had been ravaged by the wild for too long. And still, the prince still found that even when performing the narcissistic act of perfecting every strand of hair upon his head, he could not focus his mind on himself. He brought his right hand up to his face, her familiar scent still imprinted there. Even that drove him nigh on wild, he could barely endure it.

Frustrated, he exited the bathroom area and back into his bedroom. His eyes instantly darted to his bed, where his mind played tricks on him, reminding him of the time where Asuka had laid there not too long ago. Sighing, he gave up, making for the window which overlooked the grand mountain range of Alerar. But even then, by some sick twist of architectural design, he saw out of the corner of his eyes, the window to Asuka's room. Every servant in Erebus seemed to be there, rushing to make sure every detail on her was perfected. He also spied her dress, hung up in a corner and even from this distance, he knew that she would fill it out beautifully. His eyes did not leave her for some time and the only thing that did eventually, was the sound of the door knocking.

It was time.

Despite the fact that he was distracted, the prince did manage to get himself up to the sort of standard that he viewed as 'acceptable.' His silver hair might not be as neatly groomed as before, but it still looked sophisticated enough to capture a room. His clothing however, was a different matter. It was simple, something that Raelyse despised, but it displayed the sort of arrogance and pride that the prince believed personified him so well. Besides, he needed to capture a room, but he felt that if he led the Let Naross' pride grow, it would be easier to suck up and get what he wanted from the man. After a last gaze at his handsome self in the mirror, the prince allowed plastered that charismatic smile back on his face before he departed for Asuka's room.

A knock on her door was all that he did. By now, all the servants would have left and she would be all alone. This was the moment, the one that would decide whether he would succeed or whether he would fail.

Yamihara
06-19-06, 02:54 AM
Sigh...

The nearly two-hour ordeal of standing completely still as the dressmakers worked and fighting against the forceful tug of the hairdresser drained Asuka of any strength to walk around the room for long. With the little energy left in her tired form, the maiden sat down wearily at the edge of her bed inside the room Prince Raelyse had given to her. The dress rubbed softly against her thigh, the silky material caressing the lass as if consoling her that the way things turned out was worth her effort.

The room was completely vacant saved for the lone red-hair maiden seated at the edge of her feathery bed, the only thing stirring the air inside her room was the light evening breeze sweeping in from the balcony. The rush of wind cooled her brows and brough new strength to her weary legs. Getting to her feet again was a strange sensation with her hair feeling unnaturally heavy, if only slightly. The nightingale tail on her dress glided swiftly across the floor while the lass walked out to the balcony, bathing in the glow of the setting sun. Wondering exactly how she looked now that the transforation was complete, the Akashiman ex-noble wandered over to the six-foot -tall mirror and gazed at the beauty staring back at her from within its frame.

At first sight, Asuka could barely believe what she saw was merely a reflection of herself staring back with wide eyes. The seamstress had done an amazing job at putting together the dress - the sky-blue tone contrasted nicely with the flowing frilly dress extending from where the shortish skirt ended above her thigh, covering the front of her legs with cascading white silk. Drawing her eyes up the form-fitting dress, the top portion of her costume was rather plain saved for the silvery strands of thread mimicing elegant belts ringing around her body and a beautiful blue rose pinned above her left breast. The blossom concealed just enough of the holster to give casual onlookers the thought that her dress was held up by her lithe form alone. A crafty design, but who could ask for less of these talented ladies working under the leader of the GO?

The maiden reached up to touch her face, still amazed by the delicate layer of make-up the maids used to turn her usually travel-beatened tan into a soft, moon-glow face. Her lips were a shade brighter than she thought it would ever be after her long journey around Althanas. Her "fiery" hair, as the hairdresser had said prior to the extensive make-over, was glowing with vibrant life and shine. During her travel, she had neglected her locks and they had ended up quite tangled and ragged, though some people say it still retained the shine of a noble. Compared to the combed, metallic curls now resting atop her head, she could hardly justify how her hair was supposed to compare to this. Pinned into a tight swirl with two silver hairpins, the wandering lass looked every inch a noble she had once been.

And how could she forget the very token of his love adorned around her slender neck? The deep blue gem shone brilliant with inner light, glowing in the fading sunset beyond the horizon.

The white armglove brushed across her lips in disbelief as she continued to gaze into her reflection. Is this... is this me? Is this what I used to look like? Back in the Estate? The feeling, the image, felt so alien to Asuka. She had been away from a life of luxury for nearly a year, neglecting the grandoir of the nobility to mingle with the commonfolks. To travel the world and see it with untainted eyes. It was strange, now that she looked back on it from today. I.. gave up this much... for adventure? Asuka probed the mind of her reflection, silently asking questions as to her decisions. Asking...

Why did I leave? Tell me, why did I forsaken this life of elegance and nobility... Why? It was a question she had never thought about asking herself ever since her outcast. For so long the reason was lost in the sands of time, memories of her past a vague haze in the present. I would be nice to remember why she didn't like the life of a noble, even if it meant bringing back nightmares for her to relive.

Knock knock.

Asuka turned her head slightly to see the direction of the noise, only moments later did she realized it was probably the Prince waiting to see her...

Well... The Akashiman heaved an anxious sigh as she slowly strode to the door. It was time for the them to head out to the ball. Here goes...

"I'm coming, Prince Raelyse." Asuka replied timidly, unsure whether her appearance was acceptable enough in his eyes. Even though the maiden had spend a long time examining her slightly-enhanced physique, she was still uncertain if it was going to be good enough to impress the usually self-absorbed prince. But the way he acted towards her recently was somehow minutely different compared to the way he used to treat her the first day they met. No... I mustn't keep him waiting... She had a role to fulfill this evening. For the person who won her heart, she was not going to make him wait in vain.

The intricately carved white door slowly parted, letting the evening sunlight shine through the doorway ever so slowly as Asuka stood quietly behind the gap. She kept her eyes mostly at the floor between them, shyly looking up only when the door had swung all the way. Her fiery glowed just visibly with the sunlight shining from behind though the maiden was more worried that she might not look her best in the presence of her Prince. Still, her obligation moved her to continue.

~~~

Their carriage ride to the ball was rather light-hearted and dotted with conversation, although Asuka remained timid about her looks. She was still nervous about how she should act in the ball - was she there as Prince Raelyse's lady and greet the other noblities or was she supposed to simply stand to the side while her Prince goes about the room with his golden tongue. Was she going to be as helpful to the Prince or a mere nuisance once the real deal begin?

So many unnerving thoughts intruded her mind as the ride dragged on, Asuka herself fumbling nervously with a frill on her skirt. The closer they got to the mansion, tension rose inside her gut.

It was so long since she had been to a ball at all. Was she ready to return to a life of luxury after months spent out in the rugged "Wilderness" she had loved for so long? Only time will tell.

Raelyse
06-26-06, 06:56 AM
As the wheels on the carriage turned, Raelyse's judgment day grew closer, creeping up on him, every passing second taking almost an eternity to pass. The tension was managed by the prince's facade that he kept up in Asuka's presence, a little smile here, a joke here and there and she would not be the wiser. He tried to relieve his tension by materializing ice spikes beneath his chair and then shattering them, but it did not seem to work. It was happening. The normally unflappable Raelyse was starting to grow nervous. It confused him so much... There was no way that an almost routine negotiation like this would have him so jittery normally. There must be something else and the prince made a secret pact with himself that he would find out what it was and resolve it before it affected him anymore. For crying out loud, he was Prince Raelyse Salidan.

Still, he swore that his heart skipped a beat as the carriage creaked to a halt and already, the grand estate was casting its shadow on the prince. Sighing softly, he turned to Asuka, taking comfort in the fact that she was definitely more nervous about this situation than he was. Flashing her one of his most fake sincere smiles, he leant over and kissed her quickly on her right cheek.

"Just stay close to me, okay?"

He did not wait for her to say much more, instead grabbing his cane and moving slowly off the carriage. He waited for Asuka to descend, before smiling as she linked arms with him and the couple slowly made their way onto the long driveway which led to Let'Naross' large estate.

The path was elegant, decorated with many lanterns that illuminated the path but it was the Baron's home that really made the prince weak in the knees. Grand was the only way to describe the large building which seemed to cut into the sky itself. Spires danced and twirled themselves around the main structure of the building, no doubt a grand hall of sorts which would serve as the main venue for this party. Gulping subtly to himself, Raelyse moved forward. The entrance fit perfectly into the rest of the structure, large, imposing and elegant in its pride. Expecting Let'Naross to be a man of overconfidence, the prince was not surprised when the door seemingly opened by itself. Behind it, a plethora of men tugged and pulled at the massive doors, each about twenty feet high and about ten feet wide each.

By now, his facade had been dented a little bit, though the prince made sure to smile ever so often at Asuka so that her image of him would not be affected.

That would be the last thing he would want to happen at a time like this.

Yamihara
07-07-06, 09:44 AM
Asuka was spell-bound by the vast expanse of the estate itself, even as she was guided up the onyx steps and through the gigantic doorway into the main hall. Prince Raelyse remained at her side, smiling softly whenever their eyes met as assurance that she would not be alone tonight. Her sky-blue attire flowed effortlessly over the scarlet carpet as the two nobles entered the ballroom. The fate of their future sealed with the first step they took upon the white marbled floor.

The Akashiman noble was at a lost for words the moment her eyes laid upon the seemingly endless expanse of the hall, intricately sculpted pillars of smokey marble upholding the cieling decorated with motifs of the Heavenly Bodies as they move above Althanas. Chandeliers lent their never-ending light to the milky stone floor, casting its balmy golden glow out into the night. Even as night covered the lands of the Drow, darkness found no ground within this grand hall.

The marble hall was filled with high-bloods from all over the land and had Asuka been more attentive about the affairs within the Akashiman Highcourt itself she would have recognized a few faces from her homeland. However, none of it mattered any more than the fact she was just about the only one not dressed in some shade of gold or jade. Her light blue dress stood out from the gathering, a delicate lily in the midst of a golden river.

The Prince of Myrusia was as lovely as ever even while they conversed with a pair of wealthy merchants, exchanging news on the border trades with Raiaera and Salvar. The Akashiman thought her Prince had dressed uncharacteristically plain tonight, the usual arrogant flair having been less noticeable than the first time they met in the Fields of Khu'Fein.

But it did not bother the lass one bit. All she cared was that Prince Raelyse was by her side, always there to guide her as she re-entered the life of a nobility. How he dressed was an entirely different matter to what he thought of her. She wanted to be his one and only. She wanted to be everything he ever needed.

Asuka wrapped her gloved arm around the Prince's, drawing herself close to his side and glanced shyly into his serene blue orbs. He was all she needed and nothing else in the world would make her think otherwise.

But fate had to play games on the mind of young Asuka, for the fruit was not ready for harvest. The girl would not know why things unfolded the way they would as the host of this party strode in with an enormous grin only matched by his girth. His attire no less than impressive and only rivalled by the beautiful estate in which he made his home.

Raelyse
07-21-06, 08:49 AM
Even though the presence of Asuka in such close proximity to him warmed the prince both physically and emotionally, the sight of Let'Naross approaching him slowly sent a cold chill towards his entire body. His confident facade even wavered for a moment, unable to cope in the presence of the figure he had been preparing so thoroughly for the last few days. His eyes did not leave the body of the Baron as step by step, he came closer and closer. He felt his heart beat faster and faster, even when his shirt, vest and jacket pressed on his torso. He thought about moving towards Let'Naross, but his mind quickly stopped that thought. He needed to impress him and the best way that Raelyse Salidan knew how was to show off. And in this instance, he had nothing but himself and the girl on his arm. He may be proud, but he knew when to use his overconfidence to advantage.

Still, Raelyse could feel the nervousness seep through Asuka's body. He allowed himself a quick glance out of the corner of his eye at the girl attached to him. He allowed his lip to curl briefly into a smile when her eyes contacted with his. However, his attention quickly turned to the Baron when he arrived.

It seemed as though his entire world seemed to move in slow motion before it halted to a perfect stop when the Baron and his entourage was about there feet away from him. Raelyse saw his mouth beginning to open, revealing his pink tongue that had twirled to mesmerize and ultimately fool countless.

But most of all, the prince saw the wealth literally seep from the Baron's clothes. From head to toe, he was covered in material that looked as if it cost half of Radasanth's Bazaar. In his right hand, he too held a cane but his displayed his wealth in ways Raelyse could not imagine. It looked as if it was literally cast in gold, the entire thing shone with jewels of every color imaginable, nearly blinding all in the already bright surroundings. Let'Naross was old, quite overweight and was balding but no body ever thought these things let alone mention them, even in the Baron's absence. His clothes more than compensated for his shortcomings. A beret covered his head, leaving only hints of his soon to be naked head. His clothes more than covered his wide girth and thick white facial hair coupled with enough followers for a small army more than covered up any signs of old age.

For the first time in a long time, the prince of Myrusia felt inferior.

It did not last long though, because his pride quickly surfaced, surmounting in a forced smile across his handsome features. His cheeks dimpled as his lips twisted, his smile highlighting just how good an actor Raelyse was. In truth, he despised this man. He was halting his progress and he had reduced the leader of a power group to chasing skirts so he could impress him. Still, this was an integral milestone and the prince had no intention of tripping at the last hurdle.

It was Let'Naross who thrust his tanned palm forward, covered in sagging wrinkled covered flesh, in the prince's direction. Raelyse's smile only grew wider as he returned the favor, allowed his arm to slip from around Asuka to grab tightly at the Baron's. His pale, alabaster skin was almost the complete opposite and yet, the two seemed to be natural complements to each other.

"Raelyse..." the Baron's loud voice boomed. Immediately, several of his followers spread out from behind him and onto the dance floor and the surrounding areas of the ballroom, leaving only a few behind him. The prince of Myrusia cringed slightly at the sound of his name without the usual suffix attached to it but forgot it when he realized that this was yet another sacrifice needed for progress.

"Baron Let'Naross," Raelyse replied, his face the actor's model of mock respect. "It's an honor."

The two hands briefly parted and the prince's hand leaned back to touch Asuka's for a moment, before it moved back to its owner's side. He contemplated introducing the woman by his side, but stopped when he saw that the Baron was casting subtle eyes at her already. A small smirk crossed the side of his lips, knowing that this was already impressing him, if only slightly already.

"Raelyse," the Baron repeated. "Let's take a walk."

Raelyse allowed his smile to sag for a moment before he forced it to return to its former state. He watched as the Baron turned and started walking away, his enormous frame causing all in the ballroom to move away from him, almost as if he possessed his own gravity. The prince of Myrusia followed, but faltered for a moment after walking a few feet. He noticed that Asuka was following him, almost like a lost lamb.

She had fulfilled her purpose. Raelyse had almost no further use for her. He held out his hand, extending his fingers to indicate the universal sign to tell the target to stop. "Wait for me, I have to do this alone."

Without a second thought or even a chance to observe her reaction, the prince of Myrusia turned and followed the Baron.

Not even thinking about looking back at the girl he left behind.

Yamihara
07-23-06, 09:53 AM
Baron Let'Naross?

Asuka glanced at the dwarf curiously, tightening her hold on Prince Raelyse's arm in nervous tension. How could a man as small as him be of any real threat to her Prince? Then again, she had remembered what her father and those annoying "Manner Nannies" used to lecture on.

The Myrusian Prince slipped away from her grasp to shake hands with the balding baron, leaving the uneased maiden in a state of ucertainty. She was unsure of what to do next - or what to do at all. The Prince had left her side, even just momentarily before leaning back towards her, and somehow refused to touch her the way he had just seconds before. In silent protest, the maiden simply watched the two nobles as her beloved prince exchanged words with the stout aristocrat, as little as there was to catch. There seemed to be something going on between these two - something that not many people would ever know at all until the end product came into fruition. These kinds of things were possibly best left unmentioned or else the worst was to happen.

Asuka kept glancing back and forth between her silver-hair prince and the short baron, unaware of his suggestive stares in her direction, until the two of them started walking away. But what was she to do here, alone? Without her Prince? What was she supposed to do next?

"P- Prince Raelyse-?" Asuka took a step after him, only to be halted in her tracks by the alabaster palm of her prince. His words nearly tore her to shreds, even as the man she had loved walked away into the night. Where was he going? What was this "business" the baron wanted to talk about so badly no other beings were supposed to hear? Why did this fat, short, balding dwarf have so many bogyguards?

Asuka knew full well these were questions that should never been spoken of, much less attempt to answer at all. All things would reveal themselves in the end, after all.

With no one acting as an anchor of confidence, the drifting Akashiman maiden wandered aimlessly around the outer edge of the ballroom, finally halting wearily by the balcony. The air outside was comfortably chilly, nipping at the girl's exposed shoulder and upper arm. It was a strange sensation, the way the breeze seemed to stir restlessly in the still night. The maiden thought about wandering across the expansive floor and mingle with other blue-bloods, but quetly resolved to just stand out here by the inviting calm of the night. The darkness distracted her better than flapping gums of obnoxious men and women, after all.

Is this... Is this... why I chose to stay outside...? Those words bit at her conscience, slowly reminding her of the very reason she wanted to just escape from the highcourts and their pompous ceremmonies. I... Maybe I... No...

The girl stared into the night in disbelief at the realization. What...? What am I doing here?! Why am I so drawn to this... guy?! What is it I see in him?!?

So there she stood, transfixed by the surrounding night lit by the waning moon. It was time her eyes were opened, even if it was only half-ways for the time being.

Raelyse
07-24-06, 07:17 AM
As the seconds dragged on and on, the prince of Myrusia began to realize one thing. As the Baron's mouth, beneath the forest of facial hair flapped and flapped, he began to grow increasingly frustrated at what he was being made to do. Every time a bit of useless information entered Raelyse's ears (which was quite often), there was a hidden message inside that almost forced the prince to compliment the Dwarven baron, even if it was for the stupidest thing. Every time he obliged Let'Naross, the prince could feel his confidence and pride slowly ebb away. Their conversation took him to all corners of the ballroom, though every time he spied a attractive woman or a piece of clothing he thought was nice, his attention was instantly stolen back by the Baron, who seemed to have a unlimited amount of garbage of which all, no matter how irrelevant needed to be passed on to Raelyse.

The prince thought at all times to interrupt the stream of rubbish that was being aimed towards him but every time he opened his mouth, a new load erupted from the Dwarf's mouth and slammed his lips together before his mind could respond. Cursing and swearing underneath his breath, he only hoped that these mines were well worth it.

About one hour and a million words later, Raelyse Salidan watched in joy as the Baron excused himself to entertain other guests. The prince had managed to sneak a few words in about the mine and also hint through management of the Grander's Order that he would be able to get more profit out of it than any other candidate. Raelyse had already proven that he was a good listener, but it was with a few choice words and even more intent stares that he finally managed to sway Baron Let'Naross to see his point of view. When he had his attention, it was easy for the prince, with his charisma to keep it, tightly wound around his finger. In a similar way to which he had enticed Asuka, Raelyse tempted Let'Naross then watched as he took bite after bite, loving the taste of the prince.

When he saw the dwarf's back walk towards some of his other guest, he could not help but twist his lips into a smirk, sighing softly and leaning heavily on his cane, held tightly in his right hand.

"You're mine," he mouthed silently. Running a hand through his hair, he turned away from the sight of the ugly creature and threw it back triumphantly. When the silver strands stopped their dance in the golden ballroom air, they fell back, just covering the prince's eyes. Raelyse had no need to be perfect now that he knew that the mines were his and his mission was complete. Still, out of the corner of his eye, he spied something in the distance. Something that he still wanted. Pushing the hair from his eyes and back behind his ears, the prince of Myrusia finally got a full view of what he really wanted, more than the mines or the attention of Let'Naross.

It was women. His smirk only grew wider as he took step after step. The sound of his cane was only amplified by his renewed vigor as his leather shoes clapped loudly on the ballroom floor, accompanied only by the sound of his cane tapping on the ground. The balcony was windy and Raelyse felt a cool breeze even before he stepped through the enormous doors onto the platform where his prize lay. Her fiery red hair highlighted her beautiful features, curled slightly in sadness. The prince took a few steps forward until he was only a few feet away from her.

As his smirk slowly evolved into a more civilized, much more charming smile, he watched her lips as his slowly parted, his tongue dancing and producing the words that had enchanted Let'Naross just minutes before.

"Asuka..."

And it began.

Yamihara
08-03-06, 02:06 AM
"...What was that about, Prince Raelyse?"

Asuka kept a stern face, looking out into the deep violet sky even as the Prince called out her name. She had remembered those words spoken in the cab quite clearly, even after hours seemed to have gone by with many distractions passing through her mind. But to her, the Prince's words were the most important. He had promised to be there for her, to guide this nervous child through the night of unfamiliar faces and scent.

"...Why did you just go off on me like that? I thought you were going to be there for me wherever I am." The maiden half-turned to meet the man her heart longed for, a sad frown creeping across her face. Her hands gripped hard on the smooth marble railing, trying to keep her emotions from going out of control while her chocolate eyes dove deep into his aqua blue. Asuka wanted to know what was so important - important enough to leave her all alone, even just for a moment.

"You told me to stay close, didn't you?" Her voice began to quiver and the maiden paused to wrench her disappointment back under her own facade, though her angry eyes were now beginning to burn with sorrow. "Then why did you stop me?"

The small crowd nearby glanced momentarily at the couple, most brushing them away as "lovers' squabble." Some insisted on staying nearby, evesdropping on the conversation and gossipping behind the backs of the Prince of Myrusia and his "mistress." Some even started a rumor that he had already done something to her while she was most "vulnerable" and thus the subject of this entire outburst. Of course, the gossip held no concrete evidence but it was nonethless entertaining for the rich and snobby to imagine about it. Some had done the same thing before, though keeping up the mask and denied ever doing so.

An example like this, though far-fetched and mere speculations, was an outlet for those with dirty laundry. Who else to project their twisted desires on than someone they cared not for damage to reputation? The Prince was not a native to their lands, after all, therefore fair game for all those Aleran nobles to target.

But, like the old ones used to say. No matter how false a rumor is, it gets around quicker than the truth.

Raelyse
08-12-06, 03:35 AM
It was a conversation that Raelyse had had many times, even though it seemed to start a different way each time. It always carried the same themes, the same structure, the same introduction and the same conclusion. A structured piece was about to unfold and the prince of Myrusia delved into his mind, retrieved the information necessary and fed it into his mouth and body. In an instance, his entire body posture changed, his lips even sagged slightly, his eyebrows slowly softening. His blue eyes never left the eloquent, shapely body of Asuka Yamihara. As for his mind though, it was somewhere far away, perhaps already counting the money he would get from tonight's events. Then, other events. Other events with other girls. Other girls who unfortunately, would wear the same dress.

For a glaringly obvious moment, the prince said nothing. He merely stared forward, as if looking through the girl in front of him, at the grand view of Alerar that presented itself to him. Never a patron for landscapes or the beauty of nature, Raelyse could care less about what this continent looked like, he only cared what it would do for him.

"Asuka," the prince repeated this time, slightly more tender, slightly more lovingly, but carrying all the deception and deceit that has always clouded his words. He only hoped that the girl had not known him well enough to see through it. He took another step forward, this one made to ensure that she would not run off, but also to block her from the view of the on looking people behind him. The last thing he needed was a scene when the deal was merely a signature away from finalization. When he took another one, he could almost feel her emotions radiating onto him. She leaned backwards, as if backing herself into a corner to hide herself from the prince. There would be no clichés today though. She may be a cornered animal, but there was nothing she would do now that could intimidate, scare or at this point, even faze the prince.

"Asuka," he repeated once more, his arms gently spreading away from his body, as if to welcome and usher her in for an embrace. It was the perfect remedy, the one that would always win the woman back for him. A few choice words here and there and the embrace would be followed by many more.

"Please... you knew..."

A lie, a condescending statement that would make her think twice. She was the one in the wrong now, not Raelyse. She was sorry. There was nothing she could do that could make up for this embarrassment. Nothing to do to warrant his forgiveness.

The prince's head turned slightly to his right, revealing a slight arch at the corner of his lips. He couldn't resist.

A smirk seemed appropriate at this time.

Yamihara
08-25-06, 08:24 AM
I... Knew...?

Asuka froze up entirely, if only for a mere second, at the simple reply coming from her Prince Raelyse. His arms opened wide and she wanted so badly to just dive into his loving embrace and just let it all go. It would have felt so good to just break down and cry, let all the pent-up fear flow out with her tears until those feeling of insecurity disappeared.

It would have felt so good just to be vulnerable again, but something else inside hesitated to follow through.

Why... Why should I trust him...?

But, he's Prince Raelyse! My Prince Raelyes!

My Prince Raelyse... then why did he leave me behind? A Prince- My Prince would never leave me!

But... But he has to do business with the Baron...

A thousand thoughts and a thousand protest ran through the maiden's head, all in the span of a single blink of an eye. She was literally torn in two with what to do anymore - A part of her wanted to accept the fateful life of trusting in everything her prince had said while another part wanted so badly to sock it to his face. What... What should I do? What am I supposed to do here?

Then, even as tiny crystalline droplets filled the corners of her chocolate orbs, the Akashiman maiden realized what she had to do.

"Prince Raelyse... I..." A faint whisper escaped Asuka's lips, her eyes lowered to the polished milky floor and nearby on-lookers absent-mindedly followed her gaze from afar. The immediate area of the ballroom went eerily quiet for a moment, causing even the self-absorbed Baron Let'Naross to take a side-long glance in her direction. Asuka ignored these prying eyes and took a step towards the opened arms of her prince, a single tear streaked across her right cheek.

And a clenched right fist flying straight for the narcissist's chiselled face.

"HATE YOU!!!"

The lass was furious beyond words, to say the least. She had thought very highly of the Myrusian Prince and had ignored the self-aggrandizing displays the royalty had shown. She was, in fact, infatuated by his charming demeanor and excellent taste in lifestyle. His impeccable smart looks had held the lass captivated and unable to resist, putting all trust into his actions and decisions. But tonight, the magic had somehow vanished and she was left to see a pompous white-hair man seeking only attention and power from those he saw exploitable.

"I know you told me you had business to do, but you also told me to stay close! Why didn't you let me follow close by?! Make up your mind already, you self-absorbed jackass!" Asuka felt her usual tomboy self resurface and wasted no time in giving this prince a piece of her mind. "You called yourself a Prince and still think us girls are expendable, leaving us to blow in the wind while you're off on your little game of conquest?!?" The lass finally had it with his arrogance. It was time she moved on to something better, somewhere she would not have to worry about getting wools pulled over her eyes.

"It's time I take my leave, Prince Raelyse." The maiden tugged away the silvery hairpins free, her fiery red locks flowing out behind her like the wings of a legendary bird of flames. The ballroom lights danced across the copper threads as if they were ethereal feathers dancing across the northern night sky. She had enough of acting all high and mighty - the maiden hadn't believe she once thought she could do the same crime of ethics as the other pompous royalties - and wanted to make it clear that she would never stoop down to such a state again.

The angry maiden turned away from her prince and the growing murmurs of the on-lookers, prepared to disappear into the night. She had no more intention of seeing his conceited face ever again. Still, there was one more thing she needed to do...

"And you can have this gift back as well!" Asuka snapped the sapphire pendant's delicate thread off her neck and flung it at the silver-hair Prince's face before stomping away into the night. A lone tear betraying her harsh display slid off her cheek and splashed soundlessly against the ballroom floor.

Good bye...

Raelyse
09-09-06, 12:25 PM
As much as Raelyse would want it, a man is not just made up of his appearance alone. Despite the perception that a man must be strong, must not show emotions that would reveal his weakness, it is impossible for one without willpower. Every man is an aggregate of a variety of factors, of which one of the most prominent is his thoughts and feelings. When it is affected, the man is affected. And right now, Raelyse's feelings were under effect.

The problem for the prince was that he was not sure how they were being affected. The girl, fiery in both appearance and personality, had become as integral to him in recent times as his feelings. He had always been of the opinion that he could just throw these women away, that they meant nothing to him. Raelyse had always thought that he was made of stronger stuff, that his pride and position protected him from feeling anything, at least prominently, when it came to matters like this. And yet, here he was... unable to shake his thoughts from those auburn locks. His fingers still twitched when ever he thought of it, remembering when it used to rest between his digits, when he ran his hands through his hair and felt as if he would never escape from the fiery maze. His nose tingled whenever he remembered the unique scent that Asuka had flared in his nostrils. His body still remembered her smaller frame, her smoother skin, the comfort he would receive when she was in his arms.

All these feelings, all these emotions... they ran through him like a race horse, tearing through his body. He could almost feel the anxiety as he saw the back of her slowly fading into the crowd, something he thought would never happen. Then suddenly, the first negative emotion that Asuka had ever given him... it appeared, it became suddenly obvious to him. But most of all, it was because it replaced something. The joy that the fiery redhead had given him was abruptly gone, compensated by the pain of loss that now coursed through his veins.

This was complimented by the sudden flaring in his cheeks, the imprint of the girl's hands now prominent across his handsome face. It stood there, a testament to the prince's foolhardy behavior, ruining his coaxing and cooing for the past few days in a matter of minutes.

Eyes turned from their own affairs, busy bodies poking their noses after seeing a clearly distressed girl leaving so early. It was then that the assault on his feelings ended, for the pain of the strike on his pride could not be withstood. He stumbled, his feet and cane scurrying him backwards so that his back was to the balcony. Raelyse's head turned, looking downwards at the high drop to the ground below. When his head quickly turned back to the ballroom, his pride lying in shambles at his feet, the route from the balcony to the ground floor looked much more attractive.

Through it all, the prince's blue eyes still managed to contrive to highlight the presence of the Baron through all of the accusing eyes. His was a look of condescending pity, one that mocked Raelyse, one that destroyed whatever was left of the man. His face contorted in a concoction of negative emotions and his head inadvertently slipped, his eyes picking something else that the prince would rather not have seen. His present to her, that beautiful pendant, its gold chain holding the precious gem, lying in three separate pieces on the balcony's tiled floor.

When his strength finally returned, Raelyse quickly decided to make an exit as quickly as possible. Every moment he continued to stay here drained more of his strength, more of his energy and now that some of his logic had returned, he knew that he had to leave soon and salvage the pieces of Raelyse Salidan. He was in shambles now.

It wasn't so much the rejection of Asuka that had hurt the prince, like he had first thought. As the feelings slowly drained away and his heartbeat began to regulate, Raelyse realized that Asuka leaving him didn't hurt anymore. Upon that epiphany though, the prince recoiled instinctively.

It was the rejection that pained him the most. The first sign that he was not perfect. The first sign that he was not as exceptional as he believed himself to be.

The first chink in a once invincible suit of armour.

AsukaStrikes
09-19-06, 08:04 AM
"CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!"

Uncountable voices rang through the head of a young girl as she woke up from her peaceful slumber, immediately regretting to close the curtains last night after her little outburst of enthusiasm.

Last night was one of those "free drinks" night the Two-Headed Marlin handed out, one of the few human-run inn at the Aleran waterfront. Amidst the drunken revelry and celebration, the had stirred up a storm of cheers who wanted to see her break the inn's 15-stein record. Free drinks plus an opportunity to outdo men - How would Asuka let a moment like this go to waste?

Argh... I knew I should've eaten something before I doze off... The maiden grumbled, holding her throbbing head in one hand while the other tugged the curtains closed. She took a few minutes to mutter incoherently, riding out the worst part of the now-familiar hangover until she felt the rickety floorboards stopped rocking like a ship at high sea. After her eyes had adjusted to the dim room, the lass quickly looked around and grabbed her travel-worn pants from the nearby night table, holding the bed sheet close to her skin. That was a wild night, I'll say. Luckily, the lass still held some common sense and headed upstairs to her room alone, denying entry anyone who trailed after her drunken stumble. She was a drunk and cared little for the world, but there was no way she would allow herself to be treated like a whore.

Most of her headache got better by the time she got fully dressed but what remained afterwards kept her in prime morning mood - cranky. Morning was something she used to enjoy when her father was alive. The steady clank clank of his hammer greeted her in place of the roosters and horses. The sweet scent of tempered steel would play at her nostril and tickle her inside as she watched the blazing furnace turn scrap metal into her father's renown swords.

The Aleran morning held similar experiences - the sooty air, mostly subdued by the salty ocean breeze chaffed her nose and the blaring horns of ferries greeted her morning time. Asuka sighed half-heartedly at the sweet memories, reluctantly heading downstairs after Kazeryu returned to his sheath under her long, brown jacket.

"How was sleep, miss?" The burly barkeep greeted her with a jovial smile - obviously, the man was still elated by the good news from his daughter oversea. "I hope the bed was to your liking?"

"Slept like a log, sir." Asuka replied with a wry grin, "Sorry 'bout last night, though. Didn't mean to drink ya into the red."

The bearded man simply smiled and waved it away, offering his customer some water to wash away last night's alcoholic left-overs. Asuka downed the refreshing liquid with a gulp, aware that her stomach was still empty of anything solid to digest.

"Hey, Mister Durham. I'd like some bread and cheddar for breakfast, if you don't mind. Here's ten pieces." The lass fumbled with her gold pouch a bit, still feeling a bit out of it from last night's drink-out. Placing the handful of gold coins onto the smooth cedar bar, she headed for a table near the window and plopped down with a sigh.

Darn you, Yamihara... Where are you...

She had came here a few days ago on a tip that someone looking like her had gotten on a ship to Alerar. The lass was skeptical about the gossip, reluctant to believe someone as "blue-blood" as Yamihara would actually give this soot-covered land a visit. However, her gut feeling convinced Asuka to follow through and landed her at the docks of Winnfield, feeling equally wave-drunk and sick.

Three days passed and not even a sign of a redhead on the street. To her, this was quite possibly the worst waste of time the lass had gotten herself into. By late afternoon, she would be on the next ferry home to Corone.

Until fate decided to give in to her plea.

Raelyse
10-29-06, 05:30 AM
Like all the other girls who made a brief stay in Erebus, they were eventually forgotten. When their scent had been worn out, when their hair had been removed from beds and when all of their clothing had left with them or been disposed of, there was no longer any reminder that they had ever come to the fortress home in Alerar. While the normal members of the Grander's Order were witnesses to many of Raelyse's female friends, none seemed to be as special to their leader as the auburn haired lass, Asuka Yamaha who had recently entered the prince's life and had left as abruptly as she had come. Those who were close to him had known that she was merely a tool for him to impress Let'Naross but just like in a romance novel, she grew on him.

Those who were lucky enough to see the sight of Raelyse, perpetually joined hand in hand, giving loving glances the way of Asuka had to rub their eyes twice to ensure that they were glancing at their silver-haired leader. With other women, the prince hardly bothered to even acknowledge them outside the bedroom but with Asuka, the two walked with their fingers entwined in plain view for all to see through the fortress of Erebus. On the rare moments that their fingers weren't touching, their lips were. While many of the past occupants of Raelyse's bed were given lusty kisses, eager and passionate, the kisses shared between Erebus' latest couple were loving, tender and slow. It was almost as if the prince was a teenager again and Asuka, his first love.

Despite the special relationship between Raelyse and Asuka, the prince's pride proved to be the stronger emotion. While most thought that his visible anger over the past week were because of her departure, those closer to him knew that it was because of his failure to gain possession of Let'Naross' mines. His dented pride overwhelmed any grief he might have had over the loss of Asuka.

Shortly after the Baron's ball though, something else entered the life of the prince that took his attention. By earning the disfavor of Let'Naross, Raelyse found someone else that wanted to make an ally out of him. Namely the Kel'Arkan drow elves, led by Xulifain. Like most of their kind, the Kel'Arkan lived underground, specifically underneath and in the passages surrounding Let'Naross' mines. The dwarf's greed in past years had damaged their homes and while they did try and strike back, the wealth, strength and sheer numbers of Let'Naross ensured that was a short lived idea. Despite this though, this group of drow was strong, as they demonstrated when they snuck past all of Erebus' defenses and planted their leader in the presence of his Grander's Order counterpart. Raelyse received a simple proposal. Allow them to live underneath Erebus undisturbed and they would serve the Order, as long as they helped them gain revenge on Let'Naross. This deal was made all the surer when Xulifain and his group learnt that the area beneath the Grander's Order headquarters was even better for living than their previous home.

Raelyse, realizing what good allies these drow could be, gladly accepted.

It wasn't long before the Kel'Arkan were introduced into the Grander's Order raiding and mining parties. Their natural fighting abilities made them able foils for battling while their familiarity with the land below the surface made them exceptional miners. Still, Raelyse, even if his underlings weren't, was wary of them. He had heard the stories of drow, he knew of their ruthlessness and natural evil. Still, he had seen no sign of it so far.

A few days after their integration, Raelyse summoned Xulifain to the nearest town to Erebus, Winnfield. Raelyse had long envied the area and desired for it to become a territory for the Order, but did not want to expose themselves just yet. Now that he had the efficiency of drow by his side though, he knew that he could do it with little chance of revealing the Grander's Order.

Raelyse, ever the egotist decided to choose the bar that he knew Xulifain would detest the most. Founded by high elves not long after the city itself was founded, Legiomir's Bow was named after the bard who liberated the area from undead on his way to Raiaera after emerging, seemingly out of nowhere though in truth from Ettermire. Raelyse knew that Xulifain and all of his kind hated high elves and somehow... gained some sort of sadistic pleasure from this.

The drow arrived first, sitting in the back of the room. Even in a bar, the sun burned at his light sensitive eyes, so used to the darkness that the underground provided. He kept his cloak pulled high to shield them further, though this earned him a few stares from the bar's patrons especially when they didn't order any drinks. Next to him sat a another drow elf, though this one was visibly lankier.

When Raelyse arrived, it was with a obvious, flaunted swagger. The prince had accidentally walked into the bar that looked almost exactly the same as this one, except for its name, the Two Headed Marlin. It was only when he saw no skulking drow in the dark corners did he realize he was in the wrong bar.

Everyone in Legiomir's Bow perked their heads to the sound of a cane tapping loudly on the wooden floorboards. The prince paid them no heed, exaggerating his walk to emphasize his superiority as he made for the unmistakable drow allies he had made.

"Greetings, Xulifain Kel'Arkan," he said, taking a seat before the drow had even rose.

"Well met, Prince Raelyse," the drow responded. He gestured to the drow next to him, who only sat after Xulifain. "D'alinyon and I were just discussing how disgustingly pitiful the people in this town really are."

The prince was surprised that Xulifain would bring another one in, especially when he knew or at least could guess what Raelyse wanted to talk about. Still, he cared little for what these drow thought and only needed them for as long as there were things to do.

"Whatever," he said, flicking up his wrist nonchalantly. His eyes didn't look directly into the dark drow skin, he never did. He found is despicable. "Listen, I have a task for you, my friend."

Xulifain chuckled. "And for what task do you need my people today?"

"Simple," the prince responded. "Kill everyone in Winnfield."

Xulifain, ever the fan of genocide, smiled and said something in his own language to D’alinyon who rose to his feet quickly, bowed to Raelyse and his leader, before dashing out of the bar. The smile on Xulifain’s face told the prince of Myrusia that the task would be completed with the efficiency to which the drow in the Grander’s Order were quickly becoming famous for.

“This deserves a celebration,” Raelyse said, gingerly, before motioning for the barkeep. “Two bottles of the finest wine. High elf wine,” he said with a smirk Xulifain’s way.

Drow hated High elves. Fortunately, not as much as they hated humans.

AsukaStrikes
11-14-06, 05:54 AM
The sun outside droned on with its dreary ray, jumping behind gigantic grey clouds from time to time which were blown in from the Capital. Asuka never quite liked the smog-filled city much anyway, finding the constant sooty texture an extreme discomfort. She thought she would have gotten used to the fiendish particles from her childhood time in the smithing workshop, but the ash and soot here was different.

It was also the reason she had chosen to stay inside until a few minuted before the ferry was ready to departure. She wanted to just leave the place and let the bad time here be but a distant memory.

But things were not meant to be.

"Aiiieee!!!"

Her head shot straight of the rough mahogany table the moment the blood-curling screech reached her ears. The redhead did not realized she had dozed off for a moment, but the cry had awakened her from the light slumber. Her head was also feeling a bit better, though the throbbing headache still jumped in to make itself known from time to time.

Outside, the sun had disappeared behind an impenetrable veil of smoke and the people were screaming and running for their lives.

"What in Kazen's name is..."

Crash!!!

A large body flew through the flimsy window she was seated by and landed heavily on top of the table, squashing her breakfast bread and smearing the smoky cheddar all over his lifeless bulk.

"Hey!" The maiden bursted out in exasperation. "That's my lunch you're bleeding all over, fatty!"

The lass kicked what was left of her meal over with the solid table, pushing the large flat surface up against the low window and ducked under the makeshift bunker. Alright, this is not normal. Her mind raced as the screams grew louder, complemented by the sounds of steel rending soft, swift flesh. This is definitely not a normal day in Winnfield.

Another crash followed seconds later, sending a shower of broken glass and splintered door frame into the tavern. Asuka flung her jacket out of the way as her right hand went for Kazeryu's hilt, ready to spring into action at a moment's notice. But even before the shards had bounced even once on the battered floorboards, fleeting shapes shot through the opening and darted around the room, stabbing and slashing in a whirlwind of blades.

"Sonova-!" The swordmaiden shouted and rushed forward from her hiding place, staring at the friendly barkeep who went down with a gaping hole in his windpipe. His eyes stared back in horror as crimson fluids sprayed through the slit across his neck. The aggressors kept darting and killing, turning the lively tavern into a massacring banquet within minutes.

Her eyes jumped from shape to shape, trying to get a good lock on the intruders and figure out how to stop them from killing any more people. She knew they would come after her sooner or later, but why not just stop them before more arrive?

"AAAAHHH!!!"

A scream came from behind the lass and she turned just in time to see one of the killers drive a wicked curved blade into the chest of a barmaid, the teen girl not given any time to plead for her life as she slid lifelessly onto the floor with a gaping hole where her heart was. It was then that Asuka saw the aggressors - They were Drows.

"Damnable Drows!" She screamed, flashing out the Wind Dragon and rushing up to meet the dark-skinned warrior. Wasting no time on words, she was about to make him taste steel when another drow warrior jumped at her, swinging down a cresent blade with murderous intent in his eyes.

The lass came to a screeching stop as soon as she spotted the fiend and swung her blade out at him, their edges clashing in a shower of sparks. While the attacker jumped away gracefully, Asuka was thrown by the sheer force of their clash and tumbled backwards on the broken glass. Wincing from every single pricks made by the fine death trap, she rolled onto her shoulder and got into a crouch, just in time to parry away another swing from the first drow she saw.

Asuka's blood boiled in the heat of battle. Her pulse quickened and her mind became as sharp as knives. She saw the quivering curved sword that was parried away, flying out from its intended path even though it managed to run itself through a few millimeters of her right shoulder. The sharp drow eyes staring intently into her own, then turning up in grim realization as to what the swordmaiden was about to do. All of which happened within a mere two seconds.

Tick. Tock.

"EERAAAH!"

Asuka drew her sword arm back from the outstretched parry and delivered a clean arching swing across the drow's chest, slamming the honed blade's edge into his lightly-armored torso and drew a spray of blood from his wound. The hapless drow was thrown backwards by the force and landed heavily a feet away while his comrades bursted into the ransacked tavern. Disbelief and anger painted across their wicked grin as they eyed the one sole human left inside.

Asuka merely glared back at them, ignoring the pool of blood gathering behind her and all over her back. Even when the injured native propped himself up and got back on his feet, she didnot even budge an inch. Grim determination to live empowering her to take on the mass.

Crash!

The next thing Asuka realized that she was sprawled on the rugged cobblestone street outside of the once-heralded "Twin-Headed Marlin" with a small army of angry drows pouring out of the tavern, all armed to the teeth. She tried to get back on her feet, but the sharp pain in her left forearm told her she would need to keep off that side for a long time.

Ah, great... At least I don't have a broken- She forced herself up into a crouch, feeling another distinct jab from the inside of her body. rib...

Still, the lass was not about to go down without a fight. She did not give a fly's feces about whether they were just doing their jobs or out to have some fun. If she begame their target, she would give them hell to remember her by.

"Alright, ya stinkin' Drows!" She hollered over their heads, her blazing red hair billowing with a burst of ocean breeze sweeping over the massacred seaport. "If you want a fight, then come on! We don't have all day, ya hear?!"

Just give them hell. That's what I have left right now, anyway...

Raelyse
11-18-06, 09:10 AM
Drow hated the sun. After their ancestors had chosen the underground as their home, evolution had given the dark elves a certain preference to areas that were not so bright, that did not have light at all. Once in a while though, they made exceptions and rose from the deep to the surface. This alliance with the Grander's Order was one such occasion, though the Kel'Arkan had not enjoyed it until this exact moment. The second D'alinyon left the bar, the drow sank back into his dark cloak and sprung into action, easily using his agility to jump off buildings and catapult himself onto the roof of a nearby bar. From there, he turned southwards, towards the mountains that housed Erebus. Nearby, a strangely large placed and strangely large boulder rested near the foot of the mountains.

Throwing back his hood to reveal his glaring red eyes, D'alinyon raised his head, squinting in the sunlight and stared for a brief moment at the strange rock. One blink later and the rock was gone, replaced instead by at least one hundred dark elves, each pushing their muscles to the absolute limit and sprinting as quick as death towards Winnfield. The rock had been a disguise, a simple magic trick and one that D'alinyon and his clan had used many, many times. The drow then turned his attention back to the town and watched the casualness of it all, the looks on the faces of the humans, completely unaware.

D'alinyon reached for the one of the weapons strapped to his back, a perfectly balanced throwing spear. He flicked one into the air, before catching it, aligning it into perfect throwing position then throwing it as accurately and as powerfully as a lightning bolt, all in one extremely fast, fluid motion. The missile tore through the air with unreal velocity and struck the side of the head of an unsuspecting man, impaling him to the wall of the Two Headed Marlin. D'alinyon smiled, reaching for his second spear, just as the first of his drow brothers filtered into the city.

-----------------------------

Raelyse did not hear it, but he definitely saw it. As the first drops of wine tingled against his lips, he saw out of the corner of his eye, a spear using its momentum throwing the body of a full grown man against the wall of a tavern. It had to be a drow, no human or dwarf for a dozen miles possessed such skills.

"Xulifain," Raelyse said, turning his attention to the drow leader at his side, clearly conflicted as to whether he should impress the prince or keep his pride and not touch a drop of the alcohol. When the drow leader gave him his attention, Raelyse spoke. His lips would not part otherwise. "No survivors."

"A reminder," Xulifain laughed. "About as useful as reminding a fish to swim. Drow... are excellent at what we do. And this," the drow said, his head tilting towards the window which showed the bloodied head of the man. "Is what we do best."

Raelyse chinked glasses with the drow leader, a symbol of their present and future partnership. At first, only the Myrusian drank but as the look of ecstasy across the prince's face became more and more obvious, Xulifain gave in and downed the drink.

By the time the bottle was half full, the tavern was fully empty, save the two at the back. Even the bartender had fled for his life and the door still hung ajar, too many people using it in too quick a time for a hasty exit. Raelyse smiled, but his was no match for Xullifain's, whose smile only grew more emphatic when his white teeth juxtaposition against his black skin.

When the next figure strode into the bar, it was anticipated, though the present that he brought it in, certainly was not. The blood drained from Raelyse's face, the prince's already white skin losing even more color. Xulifain noticed and only let his smile grow wider.

Moving from the doorway to the middle of the bar was D'alinyon, his spears strapped to his back and a scimitar in his right hand. This was not what shocked the prince though. What did was the blood that dripped from the drow's spear tip, even though it was still secured to his back. The source was obvious for in his left hand, D'alinyon held by the hair, a dead human, the wound on the right side of his head still bleeding. At his leader's nod, the drow pulled the body higher so that Raelyse could get a glimpse of his face. His expression was one of happiness, his lips half caught in conversation, almost as if on the verge of pronouncing a word.

"I think he was saying chicken," D'alinyon said, his lips twisted into a cruel smirk. "Something about cooking it for his wife to be. But forgive me, my common is so... mediocre. It is such a horribly difficult language."

Xulifain smiled but it faded a bit when he noticed Raelyse regaining his composure.

"What is this?" the prince asked, though his lips were definitely far from anything resembling a smirk or a smile.

"An offering," D'alinyon began, before pulling the body even higher and pressing his blade to the man's neck.

"The first blood spilt must be used for the blood ritual," Xulifain said, rising and moving towards D'alinyon and his kill. "Kel'Arkan tradition."

Before Raelyse had a chance to object or even to open his mouth, the drow leader stole the words from his mouth. "I took part in your tradition," Xulifain said, inching his head towards the wine. "Now observe mine."

Raelyse gulped but regained his composure again and took a step towards the two drow and their lifeless offering.

"Fine," the prince said and the way he spoke, it seemed almost as if he was a child on the verge of a tantrum. "But only if you do this for me. D'alinyon," the prince said, slowly gaining in confidence and even forcing a smirk. "Capture a female for me. A live and alluring one, mind you and bring her back to Erebus. I'm in mind for some fun."

The subordinate drow took a look at his leader, who nodded before taking the man's hair from D'alinyon's grasp and ushering him away. The follower bowed slightly before dashing out of the tavern, straight into the one where he had made his first kill.

Not long after Xulifan's nod, the drow leader produced a dagger from his waist and pressed it to the neck of the dead human.

"As we were," he said, flashing his white teeth yet again.

AsukaStrikes
11-18-06, 12:21 PM
Clank! Flash! Clash!

Asuka staggered left and right, dancing through the angry steel hornets and lion fangs that came flying at her seemingly from every directions.

Clank! Swish! Slash!

Blades and spearheads flew about in a frenzy storm of death and destruction, some meeting the hard end of Kazeryu's solid blade while no less than a few found its mark on the battered girl's weary form. Despite her best efforts to dance through and around each slash, she found out that for each one she avoided, two more were there to greet either her sword or bury itself into her flesh.

The human swordmaiden let out a berserked yell, grabbing the spear shaft that one of the drow warriors had sank its head into her side and returned the favor with an angry slash across the body. The blade merely severed the pike head from the solid oak shaft while the owner of the weapon, left gripping merely a shorter wooden version of his spear, staggered backwards on unsteady feet. He charged back at the lass with the jagged shaft and just barely missed the girl, slicing a neat little line across the top of her right forearm.

Pushing off the chest of an advancing dark-skinned warrior with the flat of her boot, Asuka stumbled weakly backwards with half a spear in her left flank and numerous cuts covering her arms and shoulders. She looked down at her legs, seeing her battle-worn brown pants dyed a deep muddy red instead of covered with dust and soot like the days before.

Oh, great... And I had to get stuck in one hellhole after another...

The swordmaiden stepped backwards, feeling the solid cedar boards of a nearby tavern ram against her back and sending a barrage of wails through her spine. She cursed the stars loudly, feeling some of the accumulated pain subside with the befouled utterance. But it was just that - a minor alleviation from the pain and nasty wounds that decorated her like badges and stars on a war veteran. If only these "badges" did not hurt so much, she would have genuinely love to show these off to the so-called bad boys of Akashima. She bet some of them did not even have a wound administered by their enemies in wartime.

But this was not a full-scale war and she knew it. It was, of all things, a massacre. Or a genocide, since it fit the shoe well to be called as such.

Well... I guess this is my last stand here... She grimaced and brought Kazeryu up to eye level, letting the rather thick blade stretch itself across her vision with the drows circling her from a distance. Asuka tugged at the lodged spearhead forcefully, then decided to keep the annoying piece of wood jammed into her side after an anguish jolt of pain shot through her mind. She knew her time was running out. And she would have no other way she wanted to go down by.

Suddenly, the advancing drows stopped and turned their heads in unison with the sound of swinging doors. The last remaining human there did not register the noise immediately, rather it crawled painfully from her ears and up into her head. It took another second or two for her to finally realized that the noise she heard was not just blood pulsing in her ears. With eyes growing blurry and her unsteady legs starting to give way, she managed to turn her head around just in time to see an advancing figure with a scimitar in his hand. However, that did not take long to register that it was an enemy.

Her enemy. Her target.

Asuka was the first to strike, lashing out with a horizontal swipe that was masterfully parried away like a mere toy. The lanky drow returned her attack with a quick whip of his left hand, bringing the butt end of the spear slamming directly against the girl's head in a sickening crack. Asuka staggered from the blow, seeing stars and a faint taste of blood in her mouth before she suddenly lurched forward and rammed against the drow warrior, both of whom toppled through a window like a pair of potato sacks.

Crash!

Glass shards, wood splinters and blood flew everywhere as the battle-worn fighter landed against the tavern floor, sliding a good five feet across the trap-riddled planks of wood. Pieces of the battered window embedded itself to her shoulders, acting like tiny needles that had devilish holes bore through them specifically for draining blood. The shattered pieces of glass sliced through cotton, leather and flesh. There was a moment of shimmering, amazing play of light before reality fell back in and plunged the swordmaiden's world back into the Purgatory.

Asuka was hurt and could barely get up. The spear in her side drove itself deeper into her kidney and threatened to run completely through her spine in the process. She could still feel her arms, but her legs had gone numb and unresponsive. She was sure a few of those nasty gashes had severed a major artery somewhere and it was draining blood out of her fast. Even the tips of her fingers were starting to go numb, evident by the shaking sword bouncing against the blood-stained tavern floorboards and the enlarging pool of blood around her body.

But in the dim light - or was it the fact all she could see were filtered through blood-red eyes - she saw three figures standing in the middle of the room. One she knew for certain was one of the damnable drows that attacked her. Or was it their leader, she would not know. They all looked the same to the lass. The other, with a blade across his throat, was definitely already on his way to make his maker. The third figure there, however, she was not too certain.

He had shiny white - or was it silvery - locks flowing down his head like icicles over a pond in the wintertime. His clothing gave the lass the impression that he was at least of some nobility. She was not sure if that was just her eyes playing tricks on her mind or not, but the man definitely looked better as a cross-dresser than a pompous prick. But such is the mind of a dying warrior.

Asuka's mind was yanked back to harsh reality when a powerful hand gripped her flowing red locks, now disheveled and partly dyed in her own blood, and hoisted the lass forcefully onto her knees. She let out a muted groan, not allowing her attacker the satisfaction of seeing her in pain, and feebly tried to tear his unwaning grip from her head with one hand while the other gripped tight around the handle of her sword. A moment later, she found a dark-skinned hand wrap itself across her throat and it began to close into itself.

She knew her time was nearly there. But dying with a crushed windpipe was not what she envisioned her demise would play out.

Raelyse
11-25-06, 10:24 AM
As Raelyse grew more and more unnerved with each passing second, the drow leader in front of him only began to gain in confidence, realizing that the more uncomfortable the prince felt, the easier it would be for him to play with the silver haired human. Playing with the "lesser" races was something Xulifain loved to do. Twisting his palm to wrap his palm in the blood stained blond hair, he lifted the body higher still and cocked the head back, to give the prince of Myrusia a perfect look of the dead man's face. Xulifain only smiled and strangely, it mirrored the look of the head he head in his hand.

Raelyse's plans for D'alinyon to get a female for him now seemed like a foolish decision. Now that he was alone with the drow leader, there was no one else he could pass the "honor" of the drow blood ritual to. The prince knew that armies often practiced such things though he thought this to be the acts of barbaric orcs or mindless goblins, not the calculating and sly dark elves. Xulifain didn't seem to mind though, for the smile on his face only seemed to get wider every time Raelyse blinked or looked at the corpse in his hand. For once, the prince was speechless.

The drow leader eventually noticed that the prince, so obviously disgusted by his tribe's practice would do everything he could to avoid this. Xulifain could not let this happen. As quick as death itself, the drow's black hand shot across his body to press hard to the neck of the dead human. In a swift motion, it slit across, instantly drawing blood. His fingers slid away from the dagger, letting it fall to the ground. Before it could touch the wooden planks on the ground, the ebony hands of the drow moved with similar speed as before and tore through the air, his fingers wrapping tightly around the corpse's bloody neck. With strength that defied his seemingly lanky arms, the drow lifted the body a full half foot above the ground, looking up at the frozen expression on the man's face.

His fingers began to squeeze, the muscles in his arm tightening and tensing with greater intensity. The blood began to seep from the wound, onto his hands and seeping down his arm. And still he pressed. It was only when his palm was unable to be constricted anymore that Xulifain finally stopped, responding by throwing the body to his right as if it weighed nothing. Raelyse's eyes had not left the drow since the dagger had been produced, but he found his attention inadvertently tuned to the body, slumped against an overturned table. His neck had been crushed, constricted to almost half of its original width.

When the prince found his breathing returned to normal a few moments later, he noticed that Xulifain had suddenly moved much closer to him, his blood soaked palm opened wide and thrust forward into the prince's face. The drow's smile had grown even wider, encompassing his entire face.

"Our god demands it. Feed Vardul, god of blood... feed his anger and gain his favor," the drow said, his voice seeming to change in pitch as he spoke fanatically. "Join the blood ritual, celebrate our impending victory over these pathetic humans."

It was then that Raelyse noticed that Xulifain held his bloody dagger in his other hand. It moved upwards, slowly this time though. The drow pressed the tip of the blade to the center of his palm, not even squinting as the blood from the wound seeped out and mixed with the fluid of the dead human. "The first casualty will be the symbol for the whole town," Xulifain explained. "His blood cannot stand against ours, just like his kin do not stand a chance against us."

The prince watched as the drow's grin slowly faded and concentration seeped onto his face. Then, slowly... the prince watched the drow's blood poured forth from the wound then flattened into a small circle. Ripples pulsed through the drow's blood covered palm. It looked as if Xulifain's blood was pushing the human blood away from his palm and onto his arm. Then the blood closer to his elbow moved towards his palm until the two streams of blood met at his wrist and rose into the air, forming a circular sphere of blood which slowly rose off the drow's hand, levitating a few inches above it. Xulifain took a step backwards, letting the orb of blood levitate at chest level about half an inch in front of him. He looked down at it, then up at Raelyse.

"The humans here are weak. It did not take me the blood ritual to know this. In the time it took to accomplish this, they would have been already routed," the drow said with all confidence. His right eye winked and the sphere dropped abruptly to the ground, spraying blood all over the tavern floor at Xulifain and Raelyse's feet.

Before the prince had a chance to make his obvious disdain more blatant, a crashing sound rang throughout the entire room. Two figures appeared behind Xulifain, their bodies having just smashed through the window. One, Raelyse knew instantly to be a drow. He instantly jumped to his feet, dazed from his entrance through the glass window. Glass shards cut into the area of his body uncovered by armor, but he seemed unaffected. He still held in his hand, tightly, his curved scimitar blade, still wet with blood. With a sadistic smirk he leaned down to lift the prone figure from the ground via the neck, his fingers constricting tightly around her hand, very similar to the way his leader had held the corpse moments before.

Only this time, someone cared. Seconds after they had suddenly appeared in the tavern, fiery auburn hair burned its way into the prince's vision. He had seen it before, he had missed it so much and had been deprived of it only recently. And now, here it was, presenting itself to him. Fate was cruel to those who didn't believe in it.

With speed defying his crippled leg, Raelyse seemed to fly across the room, his lips parting to let go his powerful voice. "Let her go!" the prince screamed, shocking the drow who loosened his grip. It was all the slack the Myrusian needed and he slid his free hand around the red haired woman's body and pulled her free. D'alinyon, for it was he who had fought Asuka, raised his scimitar on the prince, but a dirty glance from his leader across the room caused it to fall to his side.

"I said alive," the prince said between clenched teeth, allowing the dying girl to fall into his arms. "This one is barely so."

He did not wait for a response and instead let his cane fall to the ground below so tat he could bend down, slide his hand underneath her knee to lift her cleanly off the ground. He could feel her breathing against the base of his neck as she slowly slipped away, her blood seeping from uncountable wounds onto his body but he didn't seem to care. Even without his walking aid, the prince stumbled and walked through the pain, knowing that the girl in his arms was going to die if he didn't save her.

And he needed to save her. For himself.

AsukaStrikes
12-03-06, 04:38 AM
Shink! Swing! Klank!

Swords! Spears! Claws!

Swing! Swish! Slash!

A wound. More wounds. A hand. Muscular, dark hand. Clawed hand. Drow hand.

Slump.

Soft, caressing hands. Human hands.

A bed.

Uhh... Wha...? Asuka's mind pondered over her condition, wondering what happened to her. Or what was happening to her. Am I... Am I dead? Did I die?

No, she was alive. Perhaps not as able-bodied as she had wished, noticing the strips of bandages on her arms and legs, but still alive and breathing nonetheless. The sensation of comfort under her was another sign that she had yet to depart to the Planes of the Antifirmament, for she believed the dead cannot feel. Her eyes roamed about whilst her body remained painfully still, bouncing her sights from the satin mattress, gold-trimmed bed post and the warm, amber light of dusk shining in through the open window. The withdrawing golden orb hovered halfway through the horizon, lending the populace a peek of its full power as the Night advanced on the rest of the sky.

Asuka remained silent, staring blankly at the setting sun with disregard to the near-death experience she had just a moment before. Or that was what she thought, for the lass had no recollection of anything after feeling the Drow nearly snapping her frail neck in half.

So... Where am I? The thought crossed her mind once more as she returned her blank stare up towards the stretch of fabric atop her bed. She could not make heads of tail of the place - a reason being that the rough and tough swordmaiden had never even ventured into a household of a royalty.

But did it matter? A house is a house, all the same. All she cared was...

Kazeryu...? Kazeryu!

Her mind snapped to attention when her prized posession came to mind and she immediately looked around the place, searching for her beloved sword. The room was mostly bare of any furniture, saved for the dresser and a sturdy oak chair intricately carved with numerous wonderful designs. Her clothes laid in a pile, cleaned and repaired as best as she could hope. Her belt and the sword's scabbard laid peacefully on top of the pile, but no sign of the sword.

Asuka pushed herself up in bed, throwing the spotlessly clean comforter off her body with a single sweep of her left arm. A familiar object rested in her right, though, and she had barely even recognized the firm metal tang wrapped in cloth that was her weapon.

There you are... Kazeryu...

The Akashiman let out a relieved sigh and returned to the question at hand, wary of any sudden movement in the rather silent room.

Where was she?

Raelyse
12-28-06, 09:10 AM
Being bedridden was not something that Raelyse was used to, not something that he had even encountered in his short life. His rich lifestyle had afforded him enough medicine to ensure he never got sick for very long and the only time the prince would stay in a bed was for sleeping. Other bed-involved activities resulted in prompt leaving of the facility upon completion for all parties. However, shortly after the Kel'Arkan raid on Winnfield, the successful raid, the leader of the Grander's Order found that he could barely move his legs. It was not often that this happened, in fact... Raelyse could not remember the last time it did. And it hurt. It hurt a lot.

For the past few days, the prince had lay in his quarters, frustrated and annoyed at the sweat in his sheets, the harassing underlings but worst of all, the weakness he was showing to those cursed drow. Xulifain had visited at least once every eight or so hours, bringing a different dark elf with him each time. Occasionally, he would subtly turn and talk in their own language and Raelyse was sure, beyond any paranoia that they were mocking him. He had finally ordered Xulifain to leave him, to focus on the spoils of the battle and clean up Winnfield in tandem with his Grander's Order men. It was then that he saw the coy smirk on the drow's face, one of mocking. Raelyse knew because it was an expression he had displayed many times before.

In truth, Raelyse should be happy despite his status. Winnfield's residents had been completely routed, to the child. No survivor remained and its remote location ensured that few travelers would return, at least to see the gory mess that remained. It was now in the process of being "redecorated" into a forward post for Erebus. Raelyse should be happy. His empire was beginning to grow.

But he could not shake the lingering thoughts in his mind because when he tried, a powerful pain shot through his right leg. Then he would remember why it hurt. Then the pain would spread to other parts of his body, to places that had never hurt before.

After Raelyse had saved Asuka from the barbaric drow traditions, he had walked all the way from Winnfield to Erebus, a trek of more than six kilometers, with at least four on a steep incline. He did not trust any of the blasted drow with his red haired companion and he had not thought to bring any of his human subordinates with him. The only choice then was for the crippled prince to carry her all the way. At first, he had invoked the powers of his magical ring to temporarily disable the magical crippling of his right leg. But still, the pampered prince had not walked so long a distance in a long time, much less carrying another human all the way. The last steps had been the most trying, for the enchantment had worn off and the prince was fighting a battle to keep himself upright.

By the time he entered Erebus, Asuka was barely alive and Raelyse's entire body, from head to toe, was covered in dirt, mud and stones. Even his normally immaculate silver hair had been ruined by the journey, matted in some parts and muddy in others. His closest confidante in the Order, a certain Clement Whitestorm was the first to his side and the first to notice. The prince had passed out just inside the entrance gates to Erebus with a smile on his face. Not a smirk, but a sincere smile. A smile of accomplishment spread across his handsome face.

That counted for little though, because the prince had strained almost all the muscles in both of his legs and it hurt to even move them. He was a wreck. He had not tended to his face and his hair in days, he had not changed his clothes since he had returned and while his servants had cleaned him, something was missing from him. A certain luster, that swagger... it was gone.

And Clement knew why. The lanky man entered Asuka's chambers and like the rest of his colleagues in the Order, knew of the prince's affection for the red headed lass. He had decided to pay her a visit.

Despite his attitude, Erebus was a brighter place when the prince didn't spend every waking hour moping and every sleeping one crying. It was time to reunite the couple. Clement was sure a simple "sorry" wouldn't be beyond Raelyse.

AsukaStrikes
01-17-07, 01:32 PM
Still... What is this place...?

Minutes after painful silent minutes passed as the bandage-covered maiden laid restless in bed, her mind racking the same question over and over while her body refused to budge a single inch. She had mostly given up on the thought of wandering around the intricately decorated room, choosing to save her strength in cases where fighting would be inevitable. No use wasting energy looking for trouble when they would bound to find her, anyway.

Knock Knock Knock

Her eyes snapped to attention as a lanky figure emerged from between the gigantic twin doors, first peering into the room with a curious twist in his brows followed by a gleeful smile as he proceeded to her bedside, the regal uniform running smartly along the contour of his body. His hair slicked back and clean, black suit neatly pressed she thought he had been run through the ironing board before he came in.

Who in their right mind could stand wearing clothes so tight?

"Good evening, Miss Asuka." Clement beamed as he approached the bed, already standing at the ready by the time the swordmaiden managed to prop herself onto her elbows. Even after having a good deal of rest, the flaring pain continued its relentless assault on her joints and she resolved to just lean on the pillow for the time being.

"Good... Evening...? Hey, hold on..." Asuka groaned a weak reply, heaving a dejected sigh in between her labored breaths. "Where the hell am I? And how in Kazen's name did you know my name?"

Clement gazed at the maiden in silent perplexion, wondering what in the world could have turned a sweet, cheery girl he knew of into a biting and bitter spitfire now resting in their care. Maybe the Prince had stumbled on the way to Erebus and jarred her mind, or maybe it was something else. Still, a little bit of "jogging the memory" would certainly help to remedy this injury.

"Oh, dear. Something must have happened to you, Miss Asuka." He bowed his head thoughtfully, peering at the various linen strips that began to turn light pink in odd little lines. "Though I sincerely hope it was nothing serious."

"Oh, nothing serious, you say?" The Akashiman scoffed, gritting her teeth as she finally managed to haul herself into a sitting position. The man suddenly look a bit shorter than he was before, but maybe it was just her. "How about having an entire army of pointy-eared killers trying to shred you to ribbons for no apparent reason? I'm pretty sure you can call that nothing serious."

She was in no mood to speak. For all she knew, this frail-looking man could very well be the owner of this estate. But she did not care - She was already content her life was not yet snuffed out in the Drow onslaught, so there was not a whole lot of point to be thankful of other things. Especially other people's welfare. Not after what she saw in Winnfield.

"Yes, I heard." He let out a sorrowful sniff, wiping away a nonexistent teardrop from his cheek. "But you were not the only one badly injured. Our leader, Prince Raelyse Salidan, had gone through so much as well. Carrying someone as heavy as you with those bad legs of his is such a trauma..."

"Oh, really?" Asuka feigned a smirk, wondering what kind of person this Prince Raelyse is. One part of her wanted to see the fool who thought he could get on her good side by saving her life, a feat that would be quicker to garner contempt from the wildcat than loyalty. Another part of her, however, felt there was more to the reason than just mere impulse.

"For some reason, I'd like to have a meeting with him... Soon, if possible..."

Raelyse
01-21-07, 12:41 AM
That meeting was to come sooner than either of them could have predicted, even dreamed. For after Clement left, Raelyse found that he fell away to sleep not long after, chasing his normal dreams of grandeur. There was to be no happy ending, even when he was asleep for the prince awoke in cold sweat and confronted with the frightening drow visage that he had come to hate over the past few days.

Xulifain and his underling, D'alinyon were standing some two feet to the right of Raelyse's bed, their piercing eyes staring the prince down. Even in the bedroom of their perceived leader, the two dark elves still carried all of their weapons. In fact, if he wasn't so dazed and shocked, the Grander probably would have smelt the blood on both their bodies and their weapons.

It only took a moment for Raelyse to compose himself and use the little strength he had remaining to prop himself up against his pillows and bed frame, his left hand instinctively moving towards his sword cane which was leaning against his bedside table where his servants had left it. His eyes never left Xulifain's, for the drow appeared to wear his most fearsome face this day and Raelyse was not in the mood to let the drow know that at the moment, he was terrified of him. Fortunately, the drow had no plans of mutiny today and he quickly broke into a smile, clicking his fingers and motioning for D'alinyon to give them space. Raelyse was relieved for a moment, until he realized he moved away from the bed, but stayed in the room, still eying Raelyse menacingly. The prince ignored him though, because he knew Xulifain was the unquestioned leader of the drow and they all respected him.

"If I had known..." Xulifain said, the tone of his voice happy and emphasizing the musical nature of all types of elven voices. "... That woman was your crotch wench, D'alinyon would never have touched her. Now, she is as useless as all women. Human women, that is..."

Raelyse did not miss the lewd nature of the drow comments, nor the way that he elevated his race above the prince's. Still, he smirked and pushed off the covers, deciding to at least indulge the drow to gain his favor. He would need it over the coming weeks, his leg would not recover anytime soon. He sat on the edge of his bed, urging Xulifain to move backwards.

"I hear your people did well," he said, softly, almost to himself. He did not want to speak about Asuka with this monster and that subject would never rise between the two of them, ever. "Not a survivor."

Xulifain smiled again, his shining white teeth juxtaposing so much with his ebony black skin. "That is the drow way. Now you know how the Kel'Arkan works and how long it will take before Alerar is ours."

Feelings of conquest were never too far from Raelyse's mind and he could not help but smile at the prospect. "My dwarves and humans will get to work immediately on Winnfield. The progress on the conquest of the mountains surrounding us seem quite good as well, soon the range will belong to the Grander's Order."

"The Kel'Arkan and the Grander's Order," D'alinyon corrected, turning his body and placing his linen-covered spear across body. It still stunk of blood.

"Whatever," the prince remarked. "I have a mission for you and D'alinyon, Xulifain. One that you will no doubt enjoy. I want either you or D'alinyon to take a platoon size of men across Alerar and recruit more of your people."

"D'alinyon will do fantastically," Xulifain said, without missing a beat. His drow underling seemed pleased at that prospect, his fingers caressing the shaft of his spear gently. It would be one that he would enjoy. "Alerar will be ours. Kel'Arkan will never be stronger and..."

"... With that, the Grander's Order will be strong," Raelyse said, finally getting to his feet, albeit with much help from his cane. He hunched over, moving slowly towards the drow with all the grace of an old man. "Leave, Xulifain. Do what you want with your people. I want D'alinyon mobilized within the week."

Xulifain and his drow compatriot nodded as they turned to leave. It became obvious to the prince how happy the spear wielder was with his assignment. There was a spring in his step and even the hint of a smile across his angular face. Raelyse knew how many would know of the name of the Kel'Arkan in the coming weeks. D'alinyon would leave none in the wake of his "recruitment drive."

"Oh and Xulifain?" Raelyse said, just as they were at the door. The drow turned, wondering what else the prince had to say. "When I recover, I want you to show me how you Drow eliminate dwarven lords."

Xulifain couldn't help but smile and nod.

-----------------------

Raelyse retreated to his bathroom shortly afterwards, freshening up and changing into comfortable, yet presentable clothes. No sooner had he picked them up that he heard his door open and spy the lanky frame of Clement Whitestorm enter his quarters. Unlike the drow, he held no weapons on him and he spoke to Raelyse as if they were childhood friends. When it came down to it, Clement was really Raelyse's only friend. Good luck trying to get the prince to admit it, though.

"Asuka wants to see you," the half-troll said whimsically, not even wanting to engage in small talk.

"I know," the prince responded as he touched up his hair.

"Are you going to see her or should I bring her to you?"

"I will go to her," he said, softly, stepping away and primping his clothes with some difficulty. It had been some time since his leg had been this bad. He could barely stand straight and it ached to even put any weight on it. "I have to..."

There was an awkward silence between the two of them before Clement said the word that was on both of their minds.

"Apologize."

Clement turned with the poise of a ballerina and moved for the exit.

"Clement," the prince said finally. "Tell Colthor to watch the drow."

Raelyse didn't even need to confirm whether Clement had heard because he knew that within ten minutes, the Grander's Order resident wizard would fire up his crystal ball and begin to scry and monitor the dark elves.

The prince's injured leg even affected his narcissism. For within a few minutes, he grew frustrated and could not concentrate to perfect his looks. He swore many times before giving up and moving off, dragging his right leg behind him and leaning heavily on his cane. Even after leaving the privacy of his bedroom, he did little to make himself imposing in the eyes of his servants, even drawing a pitying stare from a few.

He didn't care this time though. He had to see her.

AsukaStrikes
01-23-07, 09:06 AM
It had been a while since that butler-like Clement, whose name she garnered during their rather short conversation at her bedside, left the room to attend to "other business" and Asuka was growing bored by the second. The lass remained seated in bed with her back against the incredibly fluffy pillow, stuffed full of warm down and wrapped in expensive silky cloth. It was fine, for her, that she was getting pampered and being served as she had always dreamed of when she was a mere child, but somehow it felt... Odd.

...No. This is not what I want.

No matter how good it felt to literally become a princess in her own right, the inside of a regal blue-blood's house was not where she could see herself. Not when that sneaky Yamihara was still out there... On the run and always ever elusive. It had been her resolve all along, after all, that the ex-noble be found and all her questions to finally be answered.

I have to get out of here. Outside.

Asuka leaned forward off her pillow, caring little if the skinny butler-guy found her in the process of escaping or even if she had to fight her way out of the place. She wanted to continue her hunt. The only thing running through her mind was the prospect of finding Yamihara and nothing else.

And she was definitely not going to find that girl here. She knew the lass hated being amongst the nobility, despite having lived her entire life as one. Even now, it made no sense at all why Yamihara hated the nobility so much. All she had ever heard from were how rich their lives were, access to all kinds of wares and weapons of war as well as all the other things the commoners would never even know about.

Then again, that was not a life for this Asuka as well. There was no use for her to live in a golden cage.

"G-Gah! Dammit, enough with your whining!" The wildcat growled angrily as her arms flared with pain, resisting the motion to force her body off the bed. Amidst the constant groan and gritted teeth, the Akashiman fighter finally managed to get on her feet and done her usual gear. Stumbling on unsteady legs, Asuka navigated her way across the interior of the room using whatever she could get her hands on - the dresser where her cloth was piled on, a heavy oak chair that proved too much of a hassle to use as temporary crutches and even a sconce fixated along the wall of her room.

C'mon... Almost... To the door...

The swordmaiden moved painfully slow as her feet inched forward along the luxurious green-and-blue carpet, leaving a trail of wrinkled cloth and flattened footprints on the surface from the dresser to the door. Grabbing hold of the fixture with one hand, she reached forward for the handle and cursed to herself how in the world would she be able to open it without falling down afterwards.

Her outstretched hands met nothing but air, however, as the door suddenly swung open on its own and she came face to face with a calm, somewhat tired-looking man with a head full of silvery hair and a nearly impeccable suit.

Almost impeccable, as far as Asuka could tell. Still, the face wearing the clothes held more important facts than what he was wearing.

"Don't tell me you're that Raelyse Clement was talking about..." She muttered grimly at the Prince of Myrusia with a frown and a disappointed stare.

Raelyse
01-25-07, 07:14 AM
While charismatic smiles had been the general expression plastered on Raelyse's face during the past few weeks, the prince's mouth instead twisted and turned to form a half-confused, half exasperated gasp. He leaned forward, straining his back even further and limped - not walked - straight past her and for the window. Her room still smelt the same way that it did since the moment he had let her stay here. He turned around slowly, shaking his head to shift the long strands of silver from blocking his eyes. He looked at her, intently for a moment, with that surprised expression never leaving his face. That was, until he noticed. His mouth slowly closed, reverting into that general look of nonchalance that he normally wore.

"You're not her," he said bluntly. Backing himself against the wall, the prince used it as support to stand up straighter and make himself look more imposing. That was in vain, for in his present state, he looked more like an old man with a walking stick then the legendary Grander of Erebus.

Raelyse had to blink twice and resist slapping himself. This girl, in every single way seemed to be Asuka. She had that same fiery red hair, the same long strands he would run his hands through. She had those piercing eyes, adorable, beautiful and for a while, his. But this girl, this doppelganger, she could not fool him. He could not put his thumb directly on it, but the prince of Myrusia knew for sure that this was not her.

He shifted uncomfortably and glanced at the still ajar door. If he shouted for any of his underlings, they would be in the room in the blink of an eye, weapons drawn and they would get rid of whoever this was. Something held him back though. He had saved her life from those dastardly drow (though he now regretted that decision), so she owed him. His usual thoughts of manipulation and a new slave ran through his mind, but this time they were dispelled by a new thought: Asuka.

"Tell me who you are," the prince said a few short moments after he had spoken, his tone visibly calmer. He eyed the chair at the vanity table for a few moments, before uneasily reaching for it and turning the seat to face her. Slowly, Raelyse sat down and rested his cane against the table. He raised his right hand, opened his palm and focused for a moment.

The door slammed shut loudly behind the red haired lass and a click signified the door locking.

"But first, if you don't already know, I am Raelyse Salidan and this is my home, my fortress, the headquarters of my power group, the Grander's Order," he said, slowly, his confidence slowly returning to him. "And right now, my subordinates are thinking that I'm in the bedroom of my lover, Asuka Yamihara, consummating our relationship."

The prince visibly relaxed, though his right hand subtly slipped towards the handle of his sword cane, his fingers running slowly along it in an almost lewd way. "You owe me answers. I saved your life from those wretched drow."

Raelyse then turned his attention to her, his blue eyes boring straight through her.

"I'm sure you know what I want. You are a woman. Now give it to me."

AsukaStrikes
01-27-07, 02:09 AM
The gears in her head slowly turned as the Prince made his way through the room, the lass noticing the visible limp in his rhythm and wondering how a man like him could have carried her as far as here. She was not certain how far away the stronghold was from Winnfield, but from the looks of things she could tell it was a very long way.

The gears in Asuka's head started to turn as the Prince outlined his control within the fortress, to suddenly be pulled to a complete halt at the mention of "Asuka Yamihara" consummating her relationship with this... Stuck-up Nobility.

One more reason to scorn the blue-bloods for this Asuka.

"So... You've met her, haven't you?" The wildcat sneered even as she hung wearily from the piece of metal jutting out from the wall, swaying lazily on her weakened legs. Pain jumped up and down her bones and groaned at each wound on her thigh, some decided that they did not want to heal properly. "Just my luck... And I assume she upped and left just as you were making a good impression on her? Feh. I should've known."

That Yamihara girl was always like that, from what she had gathered through the years back in Akashima. Always trying to jump the fence or sneak out the main gates, using her "Sense of Adventure" as pretense to get away from her home. Always in trouble with the bullies, kicking them back to their mothers or falling into muddy creeks while untying a snagged kite from a branch. Never in one place for so long.

Always hard to find and never enough leads.

"Name's Murakama Asuka, Prince Raelyse." The swordmaiden introduced herself grumpily, letting go of the sconce and staggered towards the bed she had spent so long getting out of. Now, the fluffy warm material was blissfully relaxing to her still-injured legs. "I assumed you'd know of me after coming out of the Serenti Invitational alive. Heck, at least the drunkards around here knew of me one way or another."

I did not entirely matter whether or not he knew about that now, for there was a bigger stake at hand. If the Prince had known Yamihara that much... Been close to her as he spouted out about earlier... Maybe the trip here was not in vain.

"If you want to know about that girl Yamihara, I don't have a lot to tell you that you wouldn't already know." She spoke in near-perfect Tradespeak, having abandoned much of her Akashiman heritage to blend in with the Coronian locals many times before, "And you think I owe you my thanks for saving my life. Not my style, chief. Still, 'twas nice of you to mistake me for another." The lass smirked as she ran a finger through her hair, brushing away a strand of hair from her face.

"Sorry, Prince Charming. I have businesses elsewhere." She spoke with a hint of scorn, forcing herself onto the aching legs and limping for the twin doors. She knew they'd still be locked, but she was not about to let it stop her. "That Yamihara girl's probably already half-way to another place by now and I can't waste my time here. She's not getting away when I'm this close already..."

No use staying in any place for long... Asuka grimaced as she sat contemplating her choices on the bed, wondering how far she could walk before collapsing from pain. Not far, she reckoned. But no matter. There is still much to be done...

Unless the Prince could persuade her to believe otherwise.

Raelyse
01-27-07, 06:07 AM
Today just didn't seem to be a typical, characteristic Raelyse day. As he glanced at this apparently second Asuka, he did something he had not done for a long time, he listened. It was rare, it was different and it was something that people around him had long since abandoned hope of convincing him to do. He still could not get his head around the fact that there was a girl, who looked so similar to the girl he had spent the past few weeks with, in his presence right now. His first assumption had been that she was either magically created or magically affected, but having dwelled in his fair share of magic, Raelyse knew that this was true. Besides, he had a loyal band of followers who constantly scryed Erebus and if anything magical existed, they would surely tell him about it.

No, this was the real deal.

Another rare occurrence pulsed through Raelyse's veins this day, for as he studied her, the way her lips moved, the way her auburn hair shook and the glances those piercing eyes gave to him, the prince of Myrusia trusted his feelings. He threw away his narcissism and his pride for a moment, thinking only on Asuka Yamihara, the girl who he thought he had fell for, if only briefly. Then he looked to Murakama and he sighed softly to himself. There was no way, no mage that could do such a flawless job. She looked just like the other Asuka, the noble one but the way she carried herself, the way she looked, it was just too perfect. Raelyse had known Yamihara, perhaps closer than any girl he had ever known. And this girl, she spoke as if she knew her as well, despite the few words she spoke. There was no way this was fake. Then there was that unmistakable resemblance that she shared. The image that constantly haunted Raelyse's mind was that of a teary eyed Yamihara, dressed beautifully in a wonderful dress, her hair perfect and every feature she had contributing to make her the classic beauty.

Somehow, Raelyse found Murakama to be slightly lacking in that department. Perhaps, in a different world. Then, he remembered, he remembered how his underlings had supplied him with a perfect date for Baron Let'Naross' ball. Oh, how long ago that felt to the prince with his surprisingly hurt pride. He remembered how they told him of a fiery haired Asuka who had advanced far in the Serenti Invitational and had blitzed several powerful opponents. How she would be perfect for him. In a way, Yamihara had been that but now that Murakama had jolted his memory and made sense of the past few weeks, Raelyse felt like a fool. None of them would ever be good enough for him. One was an over zealous tomboy and the other was a talentless, overly feminine woman.

Only then, for the first time since Let'Naross' ball, did Raelyse feel like himself.

It was a few moments after Murakama finished talking that the prince finally got to his feet by grabbing his cane and pushing himself, wincing in pain as the pressure brought renewed shocks down his leg. No matter though, this wouldn't last. He had a purpose again and a direction.

"I do know who you are," the prince said, flashing his confident smile and his perfectly aligned teeth. "As I'm sure you know who I am. And where you are."

Raelyse took a moment and glanced around the area, highlighting how large this room really was, as well as the breath taking view just outside her window of the Alerar landscape. "Erebus, headquarters of the Grander's Order, in case you forgot."

The prince endured the pain for a brief moment, inching towards Murakama at the door way and leaning against it. She could not open the door for if she glanced at it now, she would realize that the prince had used his magical talents to freeze it shut. He had cornered her easily, but his stance and the expression on his face was totally non-threatening. Of course not, why would it be when Raelyse saw in Murakama, the perfect ally.

"I injured my leg carrying you here and let me tell you that I am a man who never does anything for anyone else. Never," he said, his smile widening. "But what I expect, no, what I request from you is not something overly difficult, nor something you do not want. Because, what I want from you, Asuka Murakama, is what you yourself want."

Raelyse let the words sink in for a moment, running his hands gently over the handle of his jet black cane. This was when he truly felt alive, when he was negotiating and using his natural charisma to find allies out of the unlikeliest areas. "I have almost 1000 underlings here in the Grander's Order, each at my beck and call for as long as I want, for any task, no matter how difficult. And I will have no qualms about turning Alerar on its head and shaking and shaking it until Asuka Yamihara pops out."

The prince let a chortle escape his smooth lips. "But I don't want that. I want you to help me find her. Because I don't want her to know. I want to play a game with her. I want to close all her alternatives, close all her exit routes until she has no where to go, except into the waiting arms of her mystery stalker," he said, his face twisted in a curious expression. Was it a smirk? Was it a smile? It was impossible to tell because Raelyse held feelings for both confidence and love at the same time.

Raelyse moved off the bed post, eyeing Murakama for any signs of change in her emotion, any signs that she would agree.

He had no doubt she would.

Elrundir
02-25-07, 02:38 AM
Sorry this took as long as it did. Who knew weeks off could be just as busy as normal ones?

STORY

Continuity ~ 7 ~ Good for the most part, but I did have some issues closer to the end. Namely, I had little idea why Murakama was so hellbent on hunting down Yamihara. These are the sorts of things that a reader shouldn't have to go digging into a character's profile for, at least not if they're relevant to the story (which this certainly is).

Setting ~ 8

Pacing ~ 6 ~ I would have scored this higher, except that the switch between Yamihara and Murakama was, to me, quite jarring. I didn't even realize the switch had been made until the end of Murakama's first post, to tell you the truth - the accounts themselves just look so similar that I didn't even think twice about it. I realize that the characters are supposed to be so similar, but you do have to be careful not to confuse your reader (a.k.a. poor, sick moi).

CHARACTER - I'm too sick and tired (not "sick and tired" in the usual sense, but literally ill and exhausted) to make too many comments here, but let me just say that I thought this area in general was done very well.

Dialogue ~ 9

Action ~ 9

Persona ~ 10 ~ I'm always iffy about giving out these, but I really think it would be criminal to award you both anything else.

WRITING STYLE

Technique ~ 7 ~ The "old switcheroo", so to speak, was a nice little device that I haven't seen in a while.

Mechanics ~ 8 ~ Watch out for typos. I know they happen to everyone, but some of them seemed like they could be easily caught with a fresh read-over (e.g. things like a/an agreement).

Clarity ~ 7 ~ Raelyse, you sometimes have a tendency to make things wordier than they need to be. It wasn't severe here, but it is something to consider. "Less is more," as they say.

MISC.

Wild Card ~ 7 ~ Tilt-a-whirl value!

TOTAL: 78/100

Raelyse receives 4,601 XP and 200 GP!
Yamihara receives 2,055 XP and 100 GP!
AsukaStrikes receives 1,351 XP and 100 GP!

Cyrus the virus
02-25-07, 11:51 AM
EXP added! Raelyse and Yamihara level up woo!