PDA

View Full Version : The Chorus of Corruption

The Black Waltz Project
09-23-07, 10:38 PM
Chapter One: The Dream

As the evening sun laid its head to rest the silent vigil guard rose from its slumber, alerting the land to rest its weary eyes once more. People hurriedly moved in and out of buildings, taverns lighting up their oil lamps as the bar wenches began their final shift for the day. As time went on men would begin to stumble out of the tavern and the lights all began to fade before soon long all in the quiet town laid for rest.

The wind blew gently down the empty streets. Tavern signs creaked and groaned as the silent hand pushed them back, the fire lamps being blown out prematurely. The ghostly presence looked around the area, as a dog would sniff the air for a scent. When it was trained on its source the wind howled as the ethereal creature moved softly across the ground, leaving no foot prints in its wake as the door blew open to a particularly run down inn. As it entered the ghost looked around at the over turned tables trying to find the scent as it mustered it’s way past the chairs and bar. Glasses rattled in their cells, like caged beasts trying to break free, the leaky faucet slowly dripping water soon turned to ice.

The presence rounded a corner, uncaring of the drunkard upon the ground who stared right at it as it moved past the wasted tenet. The man began to shiver uncontrollably, the bottle he held freezing in his hand as he quickly got up running out of the tavern, rambling about ghosts and monsters. Up the stairs the creature went, higher and higher it climbed until it fell upon a door. The window panes surrounding the hall began to become encrusted with ice as the wind began to bellow whipping the curtains about in a crazy fashion. The hand opened the door and stepped inside.

The room was fairly small, two beds stood before it, a small cleaning tub in right corner and a dresser in the left. Between the two slumber chambers stood a man getting out of his chair. He pierced the creature with two golden orbs, his facial features were hidden from the beast by his large straw hat. The ghost ignored the man turning to the left bed where a petite woman slept. She pulled the blankets closer to her, a familiar device upon her head as it realized she was not the one. It turned to the other bed and saw the target it sought after. Getting closer and closer the room temperature began to drop lower and lower. At long last it had found the one who would set the ghost free. As it grew more and more excited the room got colder and colder. It stretched a hand towards the hat that covered the face, and revealed the savior who would be coming soon.

Dark Waltz woke up screaming.

The Black Waltz Project
09-23-07, 10:39 PM
“GREAT LUCIFER!” Shouted Sharon as the ear splitting call woke her up. Wilfred was already rounding about hopping upon Dark and shaking him violently. Sharon looked to her brother and gasped in shock to see him in a cold sweat, gibbering about ghosts. His body shivered uncontrollably as Wilfred tried to calm him down. The temperature in the room was near freezing as the blankets fell off from her and she quickly used her magic to turn on the lamps and start a fire. After a few nauseating moments for Dark he began to calm down, breathing heavily. Each breath left behind a wispy cloud of residue in the air. Sharon hopped out of bed and the first thing she noticed was her bare feet were freezing as the ground seemed to be under the effects of being covered by ice. She sat next to Wilfred and gently pushed her brother out of the way. He began to motion his objection, but let his little sister do as she pleased realizing she was better suited for this than he was.

Sharon placed her hand upon Dark and retracted it as fast as a cat draws its claws. Wilfred made a move to separate the two but Sharon cut him off placing a gentle hand on his chest pushing him back. She turned to him saying, “Wil I don’t know what to say, but his head is so cold…” Dark continued to calm himself and after a moment he voiced his first words.

“Water, I need water.” Sharon smiled nodding at her brother’s request as she reached for the glass and pitcher.

“Wil!” She said quickly in alarm. Wilfred stood over her and became as puzzled as Sharon was. The pitcher and the glass were both covered in ice, the liquid in a solid frozen state. “I don’t get it,” Sharon whispered. “He can’t be this powerful Wilfred, his skills just haven’t grown to that level.” Wilfred nodded in understanding, and then motioned to Sharon to heat the pitcher. She obliged as she placed her hands upon it. Flames began to form around her as she steadily got more and more irritated that the ice refused to melt. At long last the pitcher won, shattering at the end the room.

“What’s going on, Sharon?” Dark asked. “Why is everything so cold?” Sharon turned to Dark apologetically. Wilfred stood behind her eyes peering at his brother, his arms laid across his chest in a quizzical manner. “Don’t think I know anything Wil!” Dark protested. His mind raced with thoughts from his previous encounter. His body was still reeling from their assault by Barty and Licet and he knew he had no energy to cast spells of this nature.

“What do you last remember?” Sharon offered trying to sort this out herself. “You just woke up screaming, what were you dreaming about?” Dark closed his eyes, shivering as he opened them again sighing.

“I think it was more of a spirit link than a dream.” Sharon jumped into her bed, the cold starting to bother her. Wilfred remained where he was. “I truly feel that some thing, some ghostly apparition was actively searching me out.” Wilfred gave him a slight glare. “No, I don’t think it was hostile Wil, but it was aware of our powers. It looked right at Sharon but I could just….feel it didn’t mind her. Only because she wears the Crown of Ashes so much.” Sharon felt the insult burn her up, but Wilfred gave her a sideways glance ending the retort she was forming. Dark continued not really paying them attention. “It didn’t seem to give you a second thought either Wilfred. Yet when it found me I could feel a certain…” Sharon cut into her brother’s thoughts as he began to contemplate the desire he was feeling.

“Desire to kill, maim, burn?” Dark shook his head. “Certain sense of danger, alertness?” Dark began to wave her away as he realized she wasn’t helping. “Certainly wasn’t joy…” Sharon mumbled. Dark felt a click in his mind as he starred at his sister, his golden eyes piercing hers.

“What did you say?” Dark asked.

“Joy, it was just a joke Dark but,-“ Her brother again swatted at her, his mind made up.

“No Sharon, I think that’s the best way to explain it. The creature, ghost-thingy was so happy to have found me. I could feel a certain sense of joy that something was about to end for the better. I couldn’t exactly place it, because in my dream it took my hat off and that’s when I woke up.” Wilfred paced for a moment as his siblings looked to him for guidance. After a moment he walked to the lamps and began to blow them out. As he reached the lamp by the table he pushed Dark back down to his pillow. Sharon got the hint and pulled the blankets up over her head. Wilfred looked deep into Dark’s eyes, the unspoken words said clearly. Dark confidently knew that so long as Wilfred was there, nothing would harm him. He got back into his blankets and began to drift off to sleep as Wilfred sat again in the chair.

Dark wondered to himself as he fell asleep. He was confident in Wilfred’s skills to protect him in the physical world…but what about in his dreams?

The Black Waltz Project
09-23-07, 10:39 PM
~*~*~*~

As the morning arrived the brightly shining sun from the previous day was nowhere to be seen. The sky was overcast as the winter transition started, the fall season bowing low to the new ruler of the land. Puffy gray clouds formed all over the sky giving a very dried feeling the air, but despite the bad weather the town began life as usual, bread carts rolling into the streets, markets opening, and businessmen shouting out their goods for all to hear.

Sharon was the first to awake as she stretched her arms out like a small kitten crawling out of the bed and placing a blanket upon Wilfred, who was sleeping in the chair, his hat covering his face as his chin was placed deeply into his arms and chest. He became startled by the change in weight, but quickly grabbed the blanket and covered himself more appropriately as he dosed back to sleep. Sharon walked over to her belongings, looking in a mirror as she did so. Her Crown of Ashes was crooked again, and she softly fixed the bundles of twigs and leaves, the two roses still looking freshly bloomed upon each ear. She reached up to her hair and felt the warmth of the crown upon her skin and she smiled. As she reached into her bag she found her comb and took it out, beginning her morning ritual of detangling her hair. Yet as she looked into the mirror she screamed, dropping the comb to the ground.

Wilfred jolted awake, standing up as fast as he could and moving forward towards his sister, Dark following suit as they both made way. They both saw Sharon pointing at the mirror, but both brothers looked oddly at each other, Dark shrugging as he had no clue what it could be. Wilfred walked towards her, bending down and looking into her startled eyes. Her golden orbs looked deep into his as she took a deep breath and then began to explain.

“I swear I saw some presence in the mirror, Wil.” She said nervously. “It was an older man, his face and features ghostly blue, and he just looked at me with a gross grin covering his face.” She shivered in silent fear, and Wilfred sensed it as he placed a hand upon her to clam her nerves. As fast as he placed it he found he too retracted it very quickly as her skin felt like pure ice. “What’s wrong!” Sharon said touching her own body. She didn’t seem to feel the cold, but her Crown of Ashes bursted with flame causing all three Waltz siblings to jump in alarm.

“YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO DO THAT!” Dark shouted in rage as his sleeve almost caught on fire from the sparks. Wilfred nodded as well, stamping out a few small fires that began on the floor. Sharon was about to shout back in protest, but Wilfred stepped between them ending the inevitable fight.

“As I was saying…” Sharon seethed. “What was wrong Wilfred?” Sharon watched as Wilfred tried his best to pantomime what he felt as he made a motion for her arm and then retracted quickly suddenly hugging his body and shivering. Sharon again felt her body, but this time the warmth of the crown was very noticeable.

“I think we need to figure out what the hell is going on, because a dream and a freaky mirror incident? To awkward for it to be superstition and unlikely phenomena. I think it was a coincidence and we need to be more careful. We still don’t really understand what the Knights of Apocalypse are capable of, and this strange Kycoo personality is clearly off the charts in the realm of untold power.” Sharon nodded in agreement looking at the mirror again. She shivered remembering the strange creature she saw and looked back at her brothers.

“What if we tried to study up on this Kycoo guy?” Sharon offered. Her brothers looked carefully at Sharon as they studied her with quizzical looks. “What?” Dark shrugged before answering, his tone neutral as he honestly said,

“Nothing, it’s just very responsible and sensible of you. Not a common Sharon Waltz trait.” Sharon made a swing for her brother, but he just leaned softly back, not really scared by her actions.

“Anyway, what do you two think?” Dark shrugged as he looked at Wilfred, Sharon’s eyes looking deep into her brothers. Wilfred took a moment to think it over, and then with a definitive nod they set their plan into motion.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:29 PM
The town library was a lot smaller than the Waltz siblings were hoping for. It was located in the southern part of the business area in a corner location. The texts of knowledge were few and far between; only sixteen shelves of books lined the walls with four large oval tables and two small ones. A few other scholars looked at the books with keen interest, others grabbing a few sets and volumes as they began to embark on their journey to other worlds of knowledge and adventure.

The three siblings sat at one of the small oval tables in the creaky wooden chairs, their backs in slight pain as they poured over the ancient textbooks looking for anything upon Kycoo or of the mysterious Knights of Apocalypse. The pile started as a few stacks of books only four or five volumes high, but as the hours began to grow so did the books. Dark and Wilfred both looked over each page quickly as Sharon sighed after her third book giving up and passing out into the crook of her arms as she began to nap slightly drooling over the desk.

Wilfred had a feeling this was to be the end result of their labor. The name Kycoo was unmentioned in any of the texts he read, and it was no surprise either. Whoever the man was obviously liked being unknown and despite the wealth of information each book held and the vast collection of magical studies the small library held Wilfred felt like giving up. After their fifth hour Wilfred slammed a book shut and tossed it on the table irritated as he stretched his arms getting up to grab some water. He looked to Dark, who was absorbed by his readings as he read each sentence slowly trailing every word with his finger.

“I found something!” Dark shouted. Wilfred walked over casually as Sharon lifted her head lazily. Dark looked to both of them and then said in a harsh tone to himself, “Guess only I care.” Sharon hit him on the arm as Wilfred sat across from him looking at him with expectant eyes. “It’s not really much, in fact it’s not about Kycoo at all, but I really think Kycoo has to do with this.” Sharon motioned for him to continue and Dark nodded flipping back a few pages before he lifted the book to reveal a picture to his brother and sister.

“What is it?” Sharon asked as she perked up interested at the beautiful diagram. The picture was of the symbol of infinity placed inside a circle with the tracing of a pentagram star covering the symbol of infinity, a light purple used as the outline for the lines. Next to the diagram was the same symbol placed at the end of a necklace made out of a strange silvery bronze color.

“It’s called the Seal of Kycoo.” Dark said distantly returning the book to his view. He ran his finger upon the page until he found what he was looking for. “A master artificer by the name of Mordechi used these symbols to seal a person’s soul inside the pendant so that later the soul could be used for Hex Magic. Ultimately the goal failed, but it still worked to a degree, for any two who entered the seal in combat were stuck inside until one was declared a winner…no draws or anything. The loser’s soul is taken away and god only knows what happens after that.”

“What do you mean combat?” Sharon asked, curiosity overcoming her. Wilfred nodded as well, pointing to the seal with a confused look. Dark shrugged in response as he continued to read from his book.

“The seal is formed when a combatant calls upon the power of the seal for a duel. It is unclear how the magical properties of such a thing can be,” Dark took a second to read ahead before he put on a face of disgust and shock. Half his lip curled while the other half remained half open. “That’s horrible!” He finally said. Wilfred grunted in expectance and Dark snapped out of his gaze and looked to his siblings. “Apparently you don’t have a choice whether you accept the duel or not. So long as the fight is initiated there is no going back. The Seal must declare a winner. What’s worse is that long ago Hex Magi used the Seal to initiate duels on unsuspecting targets and used it to eliminate the opposition.”

“Hex mages huh?” Sharon said knocking a stack of books over as she reached for one particular book. She pulled it up and thumbed through it and smiled as she placed the book before her brothers. “Mordechi was the man who created Hex Magi. Don’t know what for since the timing was only a few hundred years or so ago, but the relation of using souls for magic infuriated Blood Mages, almost the antithesis of their magic in using blood. The two would later have what was called the war of souls and blood, but that war lasted only a few years if that. Problem with Hex Magi is that they are very self centered, self motivated so to speak. They care about themselves only and personal gain.” She tossed the book off to the side and grabbed another book on rare and powerful artifacts.

“In this book I found another creation of the Hex Magi. Someone created what is known as the Ignace Fatalus. It’s an artifact that actually can grow in power based on everyday sins. The more sins in the world the more power. Only problem is with so much power the user would die very quickly. So like the Seal of Kycoo, it was eventually discarded as a waste.” Dark scratched his chin for a moment, and then stated,

“I think it’s safe to say that this Kycoo guy is a Hex Mage. We just now need to know how old this guy is, because if he is older than a Seal named after him and he is sending constructs after us….” The unspoken threat was clear in everyone’s minds. His power would be unimaginable to the Waltz siblings.

After a moment of personal reflection Wilfred stood up walking towards the exit. Sharon and Dark both got up as well, jotting a few quick notes as they followed their brother out. What Wilfred withheld from his brother and sister was for the best he thought, for these names and items seemed all too familiar to him. He had decided it was best not to mention it or bring it up until he got more information on the matter.

Yet despite his urges to fight it he began to feel out of place between his siblings and the world. And after he heard the names of Kycoo and Mordechi things began to click in Wilfred’s head. He couldn’t pin point it at this time, but he vowed to figure it out as he walked down the street.

Three steps behind him a man looked up from behind a book, the title Temen-Ni-Gru facing outwards towards the street. He looked at the trio and smiled as he began to walk towards them slowly.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:31 PM
The midday atmosphere was dimming as night started to fall faster than normal. A wet rainy smell filled the air as a warning of things to come, but despite the threats the merchants and restaurants kept open, lighting oil lamps to grant illumination to the darkening sky. At one such eatery sat the three Waltzes, their table littered with assorted cheeses and bread as they ate and drank.

Wilfred kept to himself as his brother and sister argued over trivial information about magic and artifacts, arguing over which was superior. His thoughts were focused upon the name Kycoo and Mordechi, for both seemed eerily familiar to him. He couldn’t place it very well as to why he felt he knew the names, but he shook the thoughts out of his head. He irritably grabbed a hunk of white cheese and wolfed it down.

“Something wrong, Wil?” Dark asked casually. Wilfred was startled by the question, caught off guard as he replied nodding his head, waving Dark away to continue his argument. “Okay then,” He said in a condescending tone. Dark took a drink of his water and looked back to Sharon. “I do not deny the power of artifacts, but to boldly state that it is better than everyday magic? Try again. Magic is ever evolving, changing and capable of growing, whereas an artifact stagnates in time, its use meant for one purpose.”

“To true, Dark.” Sharon replied grabbing a piece of bread and spreading butter upon it. “But you’re limiting your brain to mundane and simple artifacts. Just look at the power of the Seal of Kycoo!” She took a large bite of her food, crumbs falling down her face. “Not only that, but I counter your previous argument with that Ignace Fatalus! Hex Magi prove my point by creating these potent artifacts that are just awesome in power.” Sharon let her manners fly out the window as she spoke her point speaking with food in her mouth.

“Yes, but those artifacts are dangerous, and look at the Ignace Fatalus!” Dark said heatedly. “It was discarded as a failure because people died with that much power! Magic doesn’t corrupt you to the point where your body dies!” Sharon was about to speak again when two people approached the table, both wore glasses and held travelers cloaks in their hands along with books in the other. Dark and Wilfred both gave them an icy stare, but Sharon was the first to speak.

“Can I help you?” She said in a snotty tone. The two people looked at each other and smiled, the man lowered his head in apology as he spoke, a very casual calm tone in his voice.

“I am sorry to intrude, but my wife Victoria and I couldn’t help but overhear your stimulating conversation about magic and artifacts. It just so happens to be I am an artificer, and my wife is a mage herself!” He laughed as if this news was an amazing cure for something. “I have to admit your arguments are both stunningly well thought out and we were wondering if we may join your little debate?” He looked to each sibling carefully as his face looked sincere. Wilfred looked into the woman’s eyes, her black hair tied back in a knot. He tossed his head at her. “I am sorry?” The man said confused looking to his wife.

“Forgive my brother,” Sharon said kicking Dark before he opened his mouth from under the table. “He has trouble when people approach unannounced. Do not worry though; I am sure he will mind himself.” Sharon looked to Wilfred with a glare. As their eyes connected she winked at her brother and he slowly nodded turning away from the table as if minding his own thoughts. “I have no problem if you join us in our argument. My name is Sharon and this is Dark.” Dark politely got up and moved his chair to allow the others to join them.

“Thank you young man, my name is Xavier and as I mentioned earlier this is my wife Victoria.” Victoria grabbed two chairs from a nearby table and the four began their little debate. Hours seemed to fly by as Xavier’s wisdom of artifacts amazed Sharon, while Victoria’s knowledge of magic stimulated Dark to the core. Wilfred on the other hand just looked at Xavier’s golden eyes, Victoria’s dark black hair locked in a ponytail also seemingly disturbing him. Warning flares erupted inside him and he had a million questions he wished to ask, but could not voice them. He only hoped his siblings had the sense of warning he had.

“Shadowmancy, or the art of using the Shadows for ulterior motives is one of the more powerful arts. In raw untrained power, the caster can use the shadows to create monsters or messengers, but when fully trained the magic can actually shut out other people’s magic, literally preventing a person from casting their spells. That’s the magic I cast.” Victoria’s tone was like a fine honey, each word well articulated and spoken with distinct clarity. Dark drank each word slowly, like one would tend a fine wine, before he retorted.

“I’m a black mage, my power comes from the deadlier side of magic.” Xavier gruffed a little as he choked on his water. As his wife slapped him on the back he coughed it all up and slowly cleared his mouth. “You okay?” Dark said quickly offering him a napkin.

“Oh my my, yes. It’s just when I found out I am so casually talking with Black Mages,” He wiped his mouth and slowly scooted his chair closer to his wife. “Forgive me and my crudeness in taste of words, but I thought that Black Mages were the barbarians of magic…very brutal and savage magic involved. To see civilized magi of your profession quite frankly…well it just baffles me.” Wilfred looked Xavier in the eyes and suddenly it all became clear why the two looked familiar, his throat feeling like it was on fire the second the revelation hit his mind. He quickly got up, knocking the table closer to the married couple. He grabbed Sharon and Dark by the collars and pushed them towards the hostel. “Wait, forgive me!” Xavier shouted trying to get up, but the table locked him into place. Wilfred turned to leave continuing to push his brother and sister despite their protests.

“WILFRED!” Sharon shouted at her brother as he pushed her again. “What’s gotten into you?” She asked irritably as she pushed Wilfred back. As if enraged by some unknown power Wilfred ripped the scarf around his neck off and pointed to his throat. He then turned, his eyes glaring at the couple as they looked at him dumbfounded. Sharon looked at the signs and then looked to the couple back at the table.

“Oh…my…god…” Sharon whispered as she turned grabbing Dark and quickening their pace. Dark became confused before he saw what the other two dawned upon. On the beautiful face of Victoria was the ugliest, most sadistic grin of pleasure that only one person had ever been able to produce, Vladimir Sigma.

“Just had to insult the Black Magi did you my love?” Victoria called to her husband as she kicked the table over getting up. It was now clear that they were no mere travelers but actual warriors of some kind. Xavier tossed his coat to the side and his ripped physique was clearer to see as he flexed his arms in preparation for the fight. His wife, Victoria, also began to move with faster speed than a mage could perform as her warrior instinct kicked in as well.

Victoria took a small sling from her traveler’s cloak and began to spin it wildly in the air over her head aiming for Dark’s feet. Sharon was first to see it as she shot a stream of fire at the weapon, incinerating it before it could be used. Dark was next to act as he brought both his hands back, shaking them back and forth as if juggling a large ball. Xavier was next to act as he kicked the table out in front of Victoria, effectively hiding her behind the table.

“What’s the matter Wilfred Waltz? CAT GOT YOUR TOUNGE!” Xavier produced a small sword and began to twirl it at his side lazily. Wilfred’s eyes grew cold as he grabbed a knife tossing it at the warrior. Victoria launched herself out from her hiding place, grabbing the knife in mid air inches before her husbands face and tossing it back towards Dark. The middle aged sibling through his concoction towards the knife, the orb of ice knocking the knife to the ground and flying towards Xavier’s head at a high velocity. Xavier took his sword dropping to one knee and placing his free hand on the back of his blade as he slashed at the orb of freezing death, shattering it into a million pieces.

“Darkest pits of the fiery hells,” Sharon began to chant as she swirled her hands back in forth creating a pillar. “The sins of mortals ring thy bells! Unleash in me the flaming end, ACK!” Sharon narrowly avoided Victoria’s kick as the woman doubled upon the youngest Waltz knocking her to the ground.

“I’ve seen that spell before kid, I do not care to see it again!” Sharon scampered under a table as she made an all out dash for the exit. “GOD I HATE KIDS!” Victoria shouted jumping above Sharon’s hiding place and waiting for her to erupt.

“My love, that’s what I was saying when you got pregnant.” Xavier said as he charged at Dark. His motions were flawless as he moved back and forth between each spell of ice and wind. As he got in close quarters to finish the job a large pillar of ice surrounded Dark. “Son of a BIT-“ Xavier expected the worst as the icy prison erupted outwards sending tiny shards of glasslike ice cutting up Xavier.

“Watch what happens next then!” Dark taunted as he slammed both fists into the ground, a jet stream of ice jutting up at the ground towards Xavier. Each spike destroyed whatever was in their path as they grew closer to their target but it stopped before getting to the intended target.

“Most impressive,” Xavier seethed as his body began to smoke with an eerily red trimmed cloud. A dark aura began to suck all the shadows in the area towards Xavier as he fought with himself, hugging his body tightly before he exploded outwards with every limb, a loud yell of rage escaping his lips, the aura now surrounding every curve of his body. The demonic trademark grin of Vladimir Sigma covered his face and made Dark sick to his stomach. He prepared another spell, but he could feel the energy in the air dramatically change. “You three are much more powerful than the dossier’s will ever state, but luckily for everyone involved I don’t need nor want to kill you.” Xavier turned around, Wilfred standing there with his staff in hand, his body defiantly standing tall and proud.

Victoria returned with Sharon slung over her shoulder, the Crown of Ashes no longer on Sharon’s head, but in the grip of Victoria’s free hand. “The cards are now favoring us. We have your sister, we locked out your magic, and we now wish to negotiate.”

Wilfred looked each of the two in the eyes, he took his staff and twirled it in his hands as if to cast a spell, making both warriors flinch, but the staff went outwards, grabbed a chair and brought it back before Wilfred where he calmly sat. As he raised his head he glared at the woman, offering her to sit as well.

You wish to deal with death…fine, than let death deal with you. Wilfred thought bitterly.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:32 PM
As the large group walked towards the darkened forest Wilfred’s mind was racing frantically for some sort of escape. But as his luck would dictate always no such luck would be coming. Xavier Walked behind both the Waltz siblings and behind Xavier was Victoria who held Sharon on her shoulders in a fireman’s carry. Both of them knew so long as they had one Waltz family member the other two would be no more than obedient dogs.

The night air chilled Wilfred to the core, his skin beginning to get bumpy as the wind blew upon his flesh. He shook off the feeling of shivering as he tried to remain as in control of his body as possible. He knew what the slightest moment of weakness could do in the hands of these two sycophants and would not give them the inch he knew they were craving for.

“So Wilfred,” Xavier said interrupting the silence of the march. “I hear you have royally messed up my son, Vladimir.” Wilfred turned his head slightly, a small glare of pleasure upon his hidden face. “In all honesty I never truly believed that. My son is better than what they say happened to him. I figured while we are walking you can re-tell the story to me in your own words.” Wilfred exhaled in a sigh as he shook his head to the sky. He knew exactly what Xavier was doing and he would happily not give him the satisfaction.

“My love, leave him alone.” Victoria said in a threatening tone. “Vladimir can take care of himself, and what happened with Ardur and you is in the past.” Xavier waived a hand at her to silence his wife. “I am not a dog Xavier, I am your wife!” she shouted at him as he motioned for her silence. “I mean it, push them to far and they’ll mess you up the same way they did Vladimir.”

“A simple stop spell is not messing up a person.” Xavier said matter-of-factly. “Our son is the end bringer god dammit! No lowly mage should have been able to do what is claimed of him.” Wilfred began to grunt as if laughing, doing everything he could to challenge Xavier. With that one moment of arrogance he would make Xavier make the same mistake Vladimir made. “Do you find this funny Wilfred?”

“As a matter of fact, yes, he does.” Dark said merrily. “Vladimir was an arrogant bastard and how such a vile spawn of the pits were born from humans is beyond us. Makes me wonder if your Wife slept with a demon instead of you…” Dark trailed off. Wilfred shot his brother a deadly glare. It was too soon for a tease of that nature to come into play, and before he could react Sharon’s body was hurled onto unsuspecting Dark and both toppled end over end.

“You ignorant child!” Victoria seethed angrily. “You dare try to play mind games with me? I taught my son everything he knew about the utter destruction of a person’s soul through calculated and well timed words. What you and your brother were trying to pull will not work because I will not allow my stupid husband’s arrogance get in the way of the obvious.”

“Unlike Matthew and Licet, the twin wonder dummy’s, I use the help of my team instead of demand the center of attention. Where I fail my wife picks up the slack and where she fails I redouble my efforts. You three count your lucky stars that we haven’t killed you yet and be good little mages.” Wilfred perked his head up in curiosity as he turned to Xavier and looked upon the warrior closely. “What do you want?” Xavier said in a slight frenzy of frustration.

Wilfred remained neutral but pointed to the sword that laid across Xavier’s back. He then pointed to his siblings and then himself, and then he shrugged. Xavier’s face became twisted with confusion as he tried to understand what Wilfred was saying, and Wilfred deliberately moved upon Xavier, grabbing the warrior’s dagger in a slight struggle and then placing it to his neck. Xavier’s head began to tilt like a small dog as his confusion grew to new heights. Wilfred tossed the weapon back and again shrugged. Xavier let the knife hit the ground before utter confusion overcame him. With a stupid look on his face he sought his wife for guidance.

“Great one, my love.” Victoria said sighing. “Xavier Sigma, slayer of the avatars and member of the Black Templar of the Knights of Apocalypse, Father of the End Bringer, and all around average moron.” Victoria taunted.

“You praise me with your insults, now what the hell is the mute saying?” Victoria looked as if she was restraining herself, but she exhaled slowly and spoke looking at Wilfred.

“My love the mage realized what we were hoping they wouldn’t catch.”

“A cold?” Xavier said confused. Now Victoria hit her husband on the arm sending him reeling backwards. “A jest, my love. But still I am unaware of what you mean.” Victoria sighed as she ran a hand through her hair.

“You are right Wilfred Waltz. We can’t kill you…yet. The lives of your siblings all depends upon the actions you make now and in the future. If you all cooperate then possibly you can make it out alive. Either way however you are going to help us.” Wilfred gave the couple a glare before he nodded in understanding.

Dark slowly got up after removing Sharon from his body and he looked at them with an irritated expression. “What do you want Wilfred to do?” Xavier looked at Victoria with a look of shock before he stepped up before the Mage.

“Believe me or not simpleton, but Wilfred is not the one we need for this mission.” Dark raised an eyebrow in confusion. Xavier turned to Wilfred and walked over to him, and he whispered to Wilfred for a brief moment. Wilfred at first objected, but Xavier said a few more indiscernible words to the eldest Waltz family member. Wilfred nodded after a moment and he looked to Dark. He shook his head pointing to Dark looking away from Xavier and Dark’s gaze. Victoria stepped forward adding some insight to Wilfred’s actions.

“Wilfred does prove a point and I see no harm in his request.” Victoria stepped before Dark and looked at him with half sorry eyes. It made Dark wonder how such compassionate eyes could spawn a creature of such pure malevolence, a hideous, imperfect being created from a woman of such beauty. Dark almost felt inclined to touch her face, but thought it wise not to. Xavier picked up Sharon gently and placed her over by a tree before he turned to Wilfred pulling out a rope and pushing Wilfred towards the opposite tree. Wilfred gave out a snort of resentment and pushed Xavier back, knocking the warrior over. Xavier tripped Wilfred with a leg sweep and muttered words about the easy way or the hard.

“So then what do you want of me since I am the only one you will not be tying up?” Victoria shrugged slightly before she took a few steps around Dark making a circle in the dirt with her foot.

“We have recently been assigned to kill a very potently powerful Hex Mage.” Dark’s heart sank into the deepest recess of his chest. “Sorry child, but the task is up to you. Our seers have found that this Hex Mage is of incredible power and he dwells in the darkest regions of an alternate reality. How this came to be has baffled them before the answer became clear.” Xavier stepped up to Dark, his eyes as crisp and golden as Vladimir’s. Yet despite the stunning similarities between the two, a certain flair for hostility was not in Xavier’s face. If baffled Dark to think that Vladimir came from what could possibly be decent people.

“A long time ago I was trapped in the frozen lands inside the Fortress of Anguish. At the time it was where the Avatar of Death, Corvus, resided. I was captured in Fallien by Razgriz, the avatar of War, and placed to freeze to death in the icy prisons. Naturally I escaped, grabbing hold of a certain item that allowed me to survive the cold without the need of heavy clothing. I then found another thing in the deepest recess of the prison. To my surprise it was a powerful Hex Mage that Corvus was assigned to kill. Apparently this mage can’t die, he was totally immortal but at that price he was trapped to that prison never allowed to leave.

Anyway the point is that I had to fight this Mage on my own and the only way to kill this guy was by the use of the Ignace Fatalus. I shoved it down his throat and with the surge of power in his veins he grew to new levels of power, but he too realized that even with that much power his time in our world was short. I thought he died, but instead he grew to be an even bigger threat than I thought.” Dark processed the information before groaning.

Of all the black mages Dark knew, he was the only one who understood the properties of magic and power, and in all his studies he had believed the ability to transcend human flesh was impossible, but now before him was the man who created such a being. Dark sighed before he chipped in his two copper pieces,

“So let me get this right, you gave an immortal infinite power?” Xavier glared at Dark, but nodded anyways. “Well,” Dark mumbled to himself. “I guess you wouldn’t know anyway. For future reference, in case your stupid order creates another god, do not combine the power of infinity with the immortality of time. That’s always a bad combination. The power always corrupts, it’s a flat statement.”

“Thanks, I’ll send a memo scroll to everyone you stupid git!” Xavier shouted as Victoria pushed him away. “You know what you and Ardur have in common you whelp?” Dark produced a small smile of triumph as Victoria pushed her husband away again. “You both have the same ignorance of things far bigger than yourselves. When the project is complete I will be a happy man.” Dark was about to contest the word project, but Victoria shoved her fingers in Dark’s mouth, dropping a powder on his tongue. Dark felt woozy as the powder instantly dissolved and before he knew it he was passed out.
Wilfred looked to his brother, a silent prayer going out to his younger brother. Be safe, Dark, for you need to kill a monster…

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:34 PM
Dark awoke with a groan; his face ached as he slowly pulled himself up. The first thing he noticed was how cold he was. The ground felt like a freezing stream of water, and as he looked up the world seemed a dusty surreal grey. A few pillars of rocks seemed to stretch for miles into the endless sky, also a very cloudy grey. Dark took a breath and his lungs could feel the coldness of the air fill his body. He shivered for a moment before he took a few steps forward into the unknown. The ground was made of ice, yet he had no trouble walking upon the surface as he looked down to see if there was a sign of life in this desolate place.

Dark lifted his cloak up and inwards as he tried to keep himself warm, but it seemed it wouldn’t be happening. The more he tried to keep warm, the more he seemed to be freezing. He sighed in failure as his lips produced a small cloud of condensation into the air. He continued to walk in this strange world until he felt a presence behind him.

As he turned to greet whatever it was he felt was near, he saw the strangest sight he could imagine. A rift was in the air, an icy view of the outside world that he knew. He could see Xavier and Victoria, and with a strain he could make out Wilfred’s hat as well. He walked forward towards this mirror like image but tripped and fell. He landed on the ice and it cracked all around him before soon it groaned and gave way.

Dark freefell down a black abyss as he clawed for anything to help him get back up, but he just continued to fall and fall until at long last he landed on another sheet of ice butt first. He slowly groaned as he rubbed himself looking around at his new surroundings. To his surprise, it was exactly as he saw it before. He looked up to see where he had fallen from, but nothing was there but the cloudy grey sky. He felt the presence near him again and finally he had enough as he lifted himself up and casted a small ice spell creating a ball of ice in his hand no bigger than a child’s throwing ball. He tossed it over to where he thought the sound came and eagerly awaited results.

“OW!” The ball splattered against seemingly nothing as an invisible force shook off all the snowy ice. Dark ran towards the presence but his traction was now gone as the ice became slippery. He nearly fell backwards but was able to twist his body and perform a half spin placing him back to leaning forward for added momentum as he allowed himself to glide on the ice. As he approached the invisible man he heard laughter in a loud baritone voice. It boomed with amusement and sharp pain suddenly overcame Dark as he felt his jaw get punched back. He slipped on the ice and fell flat on his back. He slowly rose back up, rubbing the back of his head as he looked before him.

What was standing before Dark was no mere human anymore. His body was nearly seven feet tall and his arms were like tiny cannons. His chest was bulging with muscles as was his entire physique. His head was proportionate to his awesome body, an intellectual look in his eyes. He had two small twisted goat horns coming out above his head, a large rusty chain laid around his neck and seemed to meet as if it was a necklace holding something, but that wasn’t visible to Dark’s vision.

“Lemme guess,” Dark said dryly. “You’re the Hex Mage I am assigned to kill?” The man let out another boisterous, over dramatic laugh as he placed his hands upon his hips thrusting his head back.

“And allow me to guess this,” He said in a booming voice. “You are Dark Waltz, the patsy they sent to stall me.” Dark bowed in a sarcastic manner, his arms stretched back all the way.

“I am pleased…to…” Dark rose back up clapping his hands together, the ice upon the ground forming up and creating sharp sickles ran towards the Hex Mage. “Meet YOU!” Dark watched as the ice travelled towards his foe, but he knew it wouldn’t do much good. The Hex Mage lifted a single hand and all the ice shattered into tiny dust. He walked forwards toward Dark with determination.

“You are kidding me right?” He said with a look of disappointment on his face. Dark lifted his arms and crossed them before his chest as he snorted at the Hex Mage. “Your power in the form of ice is not advanced enough to harm me. Yet they sent you anyway? Why would they do that?” The man turned around looking towards the rift at Xavier. “You bastard…you send me a child…” He turned back towards Dark. “For weeks now I watched you…my savior.” Dark took a few steps back, circling around his target looking for an opening. “I watched you, when you fought the construct…your family is amazing.” He jumped in the air behind Dark elbowing the smaller mage in the back sending him sliding on the ice.

“Why am I your savior?” Dark spat as he tucked his body in spinning onto his back where he placed palm over palm blasting a spray of ice pushing himself away from his target. “Who are you anyway?” The Hex Mage drew a small dagger and a small hatchet in his hands before he started charging after Dark.

“Who me?” He said skating down the ice in a low tuck. “Why I am the master of all that is wrong. I am the one who pleasures in all that is debauchery. I relish in your sins.” He sprung forward like a jungle cat landing on Dark. “Lay your head to rest…I’ll watch over you…” The dagger in the Hex Mage’s hand began to glow with a dark green aura and it didn’t take much for Dark to realize he used his magic. Dark squirmed trying to break free, his only option was to place both feet on his foe’s thighs and push as hard as he could.

The Hex Mage flew up and over Dark’s head with a sickening crash as the dagger fell next to Dark. Without even thinking of doing it, Dark swatted the dagger as far away as he could. He stopped sliding on the ground and quickly got to his feet where he prepared for the enemy, but was slightly annoyed the Hex Mage placed his hands behind his head and sprung back up to his feet darting towards the dagger. Dark knew what his foe was thinking and had to stop him from getting to the dagger. Concentrating on his spell he made a large ball of snow in his hand and threw it at the dagger causing it to slide further away.

“Silly savior, stupid bringer of salvation…” The Hex Mage cursed. He turned on Dark charging towards the black mage, a sick look in his eyes. Dark stood firm as the Hex Mage charged him, waiting for the right moment. When it became clear to Dark he would be steam rolled if he didn’t act he stamped his foot upon the ice and sharp sickles erupted outwards in a forty-five degree angle. “Sonova-“ The Hex Mage managed to get out as his body ran full force into the barrier. The ice broke into three pieces as the sickles went right through his body. Blood spurted outwards splashing Dark in the face. His nostrils picked up the delicate sensation of warm blood in the cold environment and it chilled his body in a pleasing way as his endorphins and adrenaline began to run rampant throughout his body. His brain tingled at the sensation he was feeling and Dark nearly passed out from the pleasure he felt.

“Oh this smell…so delicious and tender,” Dark let his body go as every inch rippled with a new sensation. The Hex Mage looked upon Dark with a curious eye as he lifted his head. His eyes turned from a golden glow to a dark blue hue. His jacket seemed to effortlessly unbundle as it became more of a cape than a coat. A long ornate staff was summoned up from the ground, its jagged top adorned with ice and hanging sickles in twisted patterns. The Black Mage picked up this staff and twirled it for a moment before slamming it down upon the ground. The ice below both warriors began to crack before shattering as the two combatant’s freefell. Dark let out a maniacal laughter of pleasure as he rose both arms up, a pillar of ice forming from the ground they were falling too to support the mage on his descent downwards.

The Hex Mage bounced off the ground away from Dark and slowly he got back up looking at the one he called ‘Savior’. Before him was a creature who gave into his darker side, his power growing in power. The Hex Mage smiled as the demon like creature laughed with impunity at the surroundings. The grey clouds began to swirl and a dark red aura began to fill the air. The jagged pillars glowing a bright red themselves as the atmosphere changed from a surreal grey to a warring red.

“Amusing Black Mage!” The Hex Mage shouted bowing in mock support. “I am in awe that your raw talent has surfaced. But maybe I should inform you of who I am…I did never get to introduce myself…” Dark let off a cocky grinned as he motioned for the Mage to continue. The Hex Mage lifted both arms out as he turned around exposing his back. “As I said earlier, I bathe in the glory of pride, I swim in an ocean of gluttony, I dance with envy as I relish in Lust. I grow restless with sloth and I gain power with wrath, all the while smiling as the greed pours on in everyday actions. Simple child…as powerful as you are I am the Lord of Sins…” Dark clapped in a sarcastic manner as he paced around in a small circle.

”Lemme get this sorted out correctly,” Dark pointed his staff at the Lord of Sins as he didn’t bother to turn his gaze on him. ”You are a worthless wannabe with powers that corrupted you. And now you got a temper and want out of this world where you can wreak havoc on the unsuspecting world as demi-god, right?” The Hex Mage laughed at the rendition of the words as he let the Black Mage taunt him. ”Well then obviously you have a way to end this little dance than, don’t you?” Dark looked at his opponent with his dark blue eyes. The sensation of power overflowed him but his mind remained clear and focused. So long as he took pride in his new form and acted out and lashed out in spite the foe he was fighting would only get more powerful.

“That’s right you weak fool. I got the cards all set up. A test of sorts Black Mage Savior…” The Lord of Sins reached for his locket, and a hole opened in his chest as he grunted in minor pain, finally revealing what the chains were holding. Two objects were attached to each rusty chain, a small cage with a pulsating ball that glowed green and purple. The other item was a small locket that had a familiar design to Dark. He recognized what was in the cage, for it was the infamous Ignace Fatalus, and for each sin that happened in the world it would only make the Hex Mage more powerful. The other he wasn’t to sure about.

The Lord of Sins threw the necklace portion out, and a howling wind erupted from where it landed, the entire area glowing with a red aura. From where the necklace landed a red line came from the heavens and traced into the ice the design and Dark instantly recognized what was happening. As the image of Kycoo’s seal was made a circle was enclosed around it, before it grew in to equal the size of a small coliseum, tumbling the pillars and destroying anything except for Dark and Sin Lord. When the circle was complete a red translucent wall stretched all the way to the clouds, a flash of lightening striking the walls, but to Dark’s amusement it did no good. The walls pulsated as the Seal slowly rotated before each warrior stood in one of the two circles of the infinity symbol.

“And now Dark Waltz, Savior to the Lord of Sins…we shall fight in the Seal of Kycoo.” Dark lifted his staff in preparation, his face masking the sudden feeling of fear. “You are a mighty one, Savior…but I can see when someone lies…I know in your cold eyes Dark Waltz that you are afraid…you should be child…for you are still a mortal and I am a god!” Dark looked upon his foe and glared as his resolve straightened his cowering spine.

“Then let us begin our dance…and remember you foolish moron…” Dark twirled his staff in his hands before slamming it down upon the ground, lightening striking the seal where he stood. The Hex Mage flinched at the sudden surge in power as Dark pointed towards the Lord of Sins. “The dance of death is only a three step waltz!"

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:36 PM
The battle began with a fierce war cry from the Lord of Sins, his body pulsating with sonic waves. Dark easily averted this attack by placing a shield wall before himself. As the Lord of Sins finished his bellow he took his dagger in a reverse grip and charged forward, the throwing axe in a ready position. Dark felt the tide of battle in his veins as he looked for an opening to make his first attack move. His only option was to run as he darted in a strafe to the left, his staff extended out sending small sickles of ice at his opponent. The Hex Mage relished in the commotion as he hacked his way through the ice, turning swiftly to keep pace with his prey.

Dark waited for the right moment before he turned his Staff to the ground and created an icy walkway up to the sky. He got up a few steps and jumped downwards, his foot extended out aiming for the Lord’s head. His plan was executed flawlessly, but his warrior instinct wasn’t as sharp as the Lord of Sins who easily avoided the attack and was able to capitalize upon it by letting Dark’s body fly forward. He side stepped the attack and jumped extending his right knee upwards and slamming his elbow into the gut of Dark who flew into the vice as his body let out a large crunch. Dark let out a squeal of pain as his body was released to the ground where he rolled away slowly getting back up.

The Lord of Sins looked at Dark with a strange quizzical face, for he knew Dark’s back should have been broken in that earth shattering blow, but as the Black Mage slowly got up chunks of ice fell from his body. “So wise savior!” he applauded loudly. “You created a sheet of ice around your body to impact the blow!” Dark took a few steps backwards as he prepared himself again.

“”Wisdom is my strongpoint…yours was…?” Dark’s insult was met with a wrathful retaliation as the Hex Mage extended outwards with his fist that held the dagger. Dark was able to roll away, his staff hitting the stomach of the Lord of Sins. The blow itself did nothing to his foe, but the second half of his plan came to together as an orb of blackness began to form around the body of his target. The Lord of Sins suddenly felt his entire body grow in height as he felt every inch of his body get stretched to the maximum limit, and then suddenly become compounded into tiniest portions of his body. As the black vortex dissipated the Hex Mage staggered back and forth trying to regain control of his body.

When he doubled back looking towards Dark he was met with a large warhammer to the face made from ice that was surrounding the staff head. The Lord of Sins took the blow and was sent reeling towards the ground. Using this falling momentum he stuck both weapons on the ground and used them as handles to spring board himself forward into a tumble roll back to his feet coming back up with weapons ready.

“YOU DON’T QUIT DO YOU!” The Lord screamed as an orb of pure ice flew towards him at high velocity. He extended his back all the way to be parallel with the ground as the orb shattered against the seal of Kycoo. He doubled back up and extended his hatchet to block the staff blow as the Icy warhammer nearly connected with his face. “Is it hot in here?” He taunted as his axe began to glow as if it was just taken out of the forging fire. The ice around the staff melted and Dark jumped backwards to avoid losing his staff to the Hex spell. Without a moments rest the Hex mage charged forward checking Dark to the ground with his shoulder. As Dark’s body fell to the floor he threw his axe trying to end the mage once and for all. His accuracy was deadly but the blade landed inches away from Dark’s face.

Not wanting to give the Lord anymore momentum Dark put both hands upon his staff and shot a stream of water outwards spraying his enemy down to the bone. The Lord of Sins screamed in surprise expecting the glacial stream of ice, his body taking a few steps back. Dark sat up moving one hand up and blowing as a wind began to form from under the Lord of Sins. The intensity of the wind was frightening as it grew to the size of a small tornado, but the Lord of Sins remained upon the ground. He took slow and purposeful steps towards his prey as his teeth told the story of his irritability.

“Darker than the dead of night, colder than the terror of fright, deeper than the bowels of hell, into the recess of the coldest cell. I call upon the canine of Hade’s, the three headed horror, I call upon the power of CERBERUS!” A loud canine like howl echoed deep in the surreal environment, but nothing came. Dark looked at himself in confusion, positive his incantation was flawless. The Lord of Sins laughed as he took the free moment to thrust his dagger out and cut up the chest of Dark in a flurry of three swings. Each of the cuts deeper than the last as it worked down his body as he tried to escape.

“You call upon the powers of dark beings, but they cannot hear you down here Dark Waltz…” The Lord laughed as he kneed Dark in the stomach and did a short round house that connected with the mages face sending him reeling. “Guess then that…Time’s Up!” The Hex Mage allowed a large sphere of grey to form in his left hand, upper cutting into Dark’s stomach sending the mage up into the air. As his body rose in the air Dark felt a sensation that the world around was slowing down, except for the Hex Mage who laughed in a long baritone voice, his tone drawn out by the slowing of time.

The Hex Mage’s speed was incredible at this point as he unleashed a flurry of punches into Dark’s exposed body, turning on a dime and leaning on one leg before performing multiple kicks into the chest region of Dark. When he was done with the kicks, the Lord of Sins took a step back before jumping in the air, extending his left leg in and his right leg straight outwards, his arms both kept extended outwards. The blow landed on the top of Dark’s head, smashing his Black Mage hat and sending him down into the ground.

“You just don’t have the skill to take me down, Dark Waltz…you have no idea just what I am capable of…In fact…I need to finish this because Xavier and I have a few unsettled debts to finish. Now pathetic mage…see why they call me the master of SIN HARVEST!” The atmosphere grew darker as the thunder clashed against the wall of Kycoo, the Lord of Sins voice echoing in a darker tone as his body began to glow with a red aura. The Ignace Fatalus was spinning rapidly as a beam of pure white light slammed hard into Dark’s chest pushing him all the way into the seal’s walls. Dark screamed as his body was unable to move. “REVEAL TO ME YOUR SINS! ALLOW ME TO FEAST UPON YOUR DEBOTHCERY, YOUR SINFUL PAST CAN’T HIDE FROM ME! ”

Dark’s mouth erupted in a wailing cry of agony as small strips of wispy grey thoughts escaped his lips. Each one was a memory, and Dark’s past was slowly revealed. The image of Dark brooding over his brother Wilfred when the vampiress Sivienna kissed him, the time he felt envious of his sister for having the Crown of Ashes, his pride at being the smartest mage in his class, the wrath he felt at Vladimir Sigma. All these things passed by, but to the Lord of Sins anguish none were seemingly affecting the Black Mage.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!” He shouted as the Ignace Fatalus stopped spinning, then it began to spin in a reverse function and suddenly the Hex Mage began to scream in pain as the chains began to sear his flesh. Dark fell to the ground as his heart raced, but the burdens of his sins seemingly no longer in his heart. With this new enlightenment he raced forward with staff in hand ice forming into a spear tip as he stabbed the Ignace Fatalus. The ball of negative energy let out jets of colors as the Seal of Kycoo contained all the power, but the Ignace Fatalus shattered into thousands of pieces. The Lord of Sins screamed in terror backing away from Dark.

“You lose Hex Mage!” Dark said triumphantly. He waited for the seal to close upon his foe, but after a momentary pause he realized the fight wasn’t over yet. The now fallen Lord of Sins laughed as his body began to quiver with amusement.

“You merely destroyed an artifact, but I was far immortal before the Ignace Fatalus and I became one …My power is still greater than yours you fool! And I shall enjoy killing you and still succeeding in my plans!” as he finished his sentence the ground shook and quaked as if in terror, a loud howl of rage filled the ears of Dark as he turned to see a large monstrosity charge forward.

“I have a feeling your plans will have to be put on hold…” Dark said smartly as the terror of the underworld charged forward.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:37 PM
The three headed dog Cerberus pounded its feet against the ground as it roared in anticipation, a master calling it to battle. All three heads drooled at the chance to shed blood, and the blood smelled sweet from afar. The canine focused on the cold heart of its master who called it, using it as a beacon to home in on. The monster saw its prey and jumped forward, yet as it did its large canine eyes grew considerably larger, the red seal of Kycoo flexing in power as the wall seemed to surge with power and then shot out hitting the dog in the chest and knocking it down upon the ground like a vicious hand backhanding a mere doll, toppling pillars of ice as its massive body smashed into the ground.

Inside the seal of Kycoo, Dark stood in total terror at the power of the seal.

~*~*~

The Hex Mage laughed in a low tone, his amusement clearly upon his face as he watched the dreaded guardian of the underworld felled by the power of the Seal of Kycoo. “Just look at that, Savior Dark. Your precious mutt can not save you here inside this seal. If there was ever a sign of your failure on this day that would surely be it.” The Hex Mage walked in a long arc around Dark before the two were standing before each other, four paces between them both.
“I’ll admit this Black mage…you gave me one hell of a beating. You even destroyed the Ignace Fatalus. But in all honesty child you have not achieved a victory by any stretch. I will win this duel, I will take your body for my own, and I will destroy the ones who imprisoned me. Then with the Crown of Ashes I shall take from your sister’s dead corpse I will be able to survive the one who may defeat me though I am immortal. I will rise from the dead like a phoenix and I will destroy that person, and then I will be a god. I have foreseen this future; I have waited for this future; I AM OWED THIS FUTURE!” Dark let out a gruff of mild amusement.

“You have got no tact you loser. I don’t think you understand that in life, you are owed basically…NOTHING!” The word echoed throughout the surreal world, Cerberus barking in agreement. “AND IT IS NOTHINGNESS THAT YOU SHALL RETURN!” Cerberus reared back on both legs in rage as the dog inhaled a large wind of air, before landing on the ground with earth quaking tremors causing the pillars to collapse, a blast of ice the size of a war galleon assaulting the seal. The Hex Mage jumped to the side in terror, but Dark stood his ground. The block of ice hit the seal, and the seal did not falter, but as the ice broke and shattered small chunks of it smashed through the seal. A particular chunk of ice was aimed at Dark’s head, but he smashed his Staff downwards shattering the block of ice. Before Dark’s feet laid a necklace with sharp fangs and teeth around the leather strap. Dark knelt down and picked it up.

Instantly his body felt a cold sensation. His veins turned to ice and his skin grew pale and cold. Shards of ice began to linger on the tips of his hat as he his eyes focused upon his body. His staff grew longer and a permanent serrated piece of ice was at its tip, the symbol of perfection in the magical black arts of Ice. The shaft of the staff was adorned with runic words, at the tip was three chains, a sphere of ice with spikes at the end of each in the form of a flail.

“We shall see who is weaker than who, and don’t be surprised when the underdog comes up the winner!” The Hex Mage smiled at the challenge as he charged forward with both weapons at the ready. Dark could feel the power pulsating throughout his body as he prepared his staff holding it neutrally before him. When the Hex Mage was in range he twirled it over head, the flails flowing forward nearly hitting the enemy hard across the face. Spinning with the staff Dark returned to facing the mage, bringing his staff down hard as a large pillar of ice erupted surrounding Dark. The Dagger and the hatchet the Hex Mage wielded both struck the ice, not even chipping any significant portion out of it.

“I see you have grown substantially in power Savior Dark. But you can’t hide forever!” The Hex Mage pulled back his right hand and slammed it forward into the pillar, a large portion of the ice exploding outwards all over the ground.

“You under estimate my power!” Dark whispered in a low tone that seemed to echo through the seal. The ice reformed to trap the arm of the Hex Mage as Dark slid out from behind the pillar, his staff swinging with brutal speed to decapitate whatever stood in its way.

“Looks like Life is passing you by…” a familiar orb of grey energy formed in the Hex Mage’s hand as the sphere grew in size to a small kick ball before he tossed it at Dark disrupting the attack. Dark suddenly felt his limbs get harder and harder as his actions began to slow down to a crawl, the Hex Mage easily ripped his hand out of the ice as he ducked under the spear with arrogance before looking at Dark with disgust. “Stop wasting my time Dark Waltz…You would be surprised what you can live through…” the Hex Mage let a large crimson ball of energy form in his hands, but before he could act upon the spell he felt his own body betray him. “What is going on!” He shouted in alarm.

“You honestly thought you were the only one who could manipulate time and motion? I slowed you down just like you did to me…but let us see who gets to be free first!” Dark suddenly felt his limbs tingle as if he had lost circulation in his joints. He tested his limbs out before he placed both hands on the Hex Mage’s shoulders. Despite his best efforts the Hex Mage was slower than a snail and couldn’t avoid what Dark was about to do. “Time is like an endless river, to and fro the sea does well, and should the river ever stop flowing the flow of time will stop as well! ” The Hex Mage howled in frustration as his entire body tensed up, no longer able to move.

“LET ME GO YOU BASTARD!” Dark took his spear and rose up upon another pillar of ice, his staff aimed at the Hex Mage’s feet. As the Pillar rose Dark was getting closer and closer to the rift that led to the outside world just on the other side of the Seal of Kycoo.

“Time to end this,” Dark said confidently. “As the summer ends the winter season comes to freeze the tundra. The Earth trembles as the cold of winter chill causes the earth’s tears to freeze solid as all fear the cold dead of the night. I call upon the power of the winter lords, the icy manipulator of the seasons to finish off my foe!” Dark placed hand over hand palms touching as a small white sphere began to glow in his hands. “ALLOW ME TO BE THE VESSEL OF THE COLD WINTER NIGHT, USE ME AS A GATEWAY TO CHANGE THE SEASON! TURN THIS BARREN TUNDRA INTO A FROZEN WASTELAND!” The energy in Dark’s hand erupted as a small rift appeared between his hands, ice flowing out at an alarming rate as the entire battlefield began to be covered in snow and ice. The fallen Lord of Sins slowly regained sensation in his body as he became knee deep in snow.

“I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY YOU WORM!” He screamed at Dark. Dark let off a maniacal laugh as he stopped pumping snow into the seal.

“You don’t get a choice maggot!” Dark rose both hands up in the air, his fingers curved and twisted as if he was dragging something up out of the dirt. The entire area began to quake as shards of sharp ice erupted from the ground, surrounding the Hex Mage where he stood. The Mage closed his eyes in defeat as he looked down, one final shard erupting impaling the mage where he stood. A final sheet of ice imprisoned the Hex Mage in his icy tomb, ending the reign of terror caused by the Lord of Sins.

The Seal began to quake as the walls began to rotate clockwise quickly. The Rift began to grow in size as the winds in both dimensions seemed to howl in anguish and pleasure, both a twisted cry to Dark’s ears. The Seal began to shrink upon itself as it chose a victor, now preparing to Seal the Soul of the loser for all eternity. Dark flinched as the walls moved closer to him, but they passed by him flawlessly as they circled around the tomb. Dark let off a small smile of triumph as he got closer and closer to the rift with his growing pillar of ice.

“I WILL NOT BE DENIED MY GODHOOD!” A voice shot out full of rage and terror. Dark turned to see that the Hex Mage had only one arm left to him, blood pouring out his body as he exploded out of his tomb. The Seal of Kycoo began to grow even a darker shade of red as the Hex Mage ran from its fate. Dark gave off a look of confusion as the Hex Mage jumped up and grabbed Dark’s cloak by the hem which nearly caused the Black Mage to lose balance and fall. Holding on for life as his veins broke all over his face the Hex mage had a look of desperation on his features as he glared at Dark Waltz.

“Give up!” Dark said realizing the blood trance had left his body. “You have lost and you are no longer going to live!” The Hex Mage dragged himself up with his one hand as he looked at Dark with a psychotic look.

“I hope you don’t like dark places…” He seethed as he kept eye contact with Dark. Dark slowly felt his body beginning to grow lighter, his spirit giving up quickly. He quickly realized his body was under the power of a Hex Spell as he felt his very soul being pushed into the darkest parts of his mind. The Pillar that contained Dark and the Hex Mage hit the rift, Dark’s cloak ripping as the Hex Mage’s body fell back into the pit, Dark’s body going higher as it left the dark place.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:38 PM
Dark opened his eyes slowly, the light of the moon almost to powerful for him to keep them open. He felt his body, the necklace noticeably there, his staff next to him, still adorned to show his mastery over the Black Arts of Ice. He felt woozy in the real world, and he slowly got up. A pair of hands lifted him up much faster than he wanted to and shoved him towards another tree. He landed on the bark as a pair of boots stepped upon his back.

“Dark Waltz…how do you feel?” Dark’s ears heard the familiar voice with certain clarity. He knew that it belonged to someone who had wronged him. Someone who had wronged him so long ago.

“I never felt better!” Dark said simply. He quickly pushed his body up knocking the boot off balance. He rolled onto his back, grabbing the boot and twisting hard causing the woman’s who boot it belonged to tumble onto the ground. A cry of shock escaped her lips, not suspecting the simple Black Mage to fight with such cunning speed. Dark then placed both hands on the ground behind his head and vaulted himself back up to a vertical base. A deadly grin covered his face as he looked at Xavier Sigma. That black hair, those golden eyes so familiar to him. His body began to tingle with rage as he turned both hands into pure fists. Behind Xavier stood a taller man, a black mage with golden eyes as well. Behind him was a young girl, clutching her staff to her. Upon her head was the Crown of Ashes.

“Dark what’s wrong?” The Crown of Ashes tilted as the girl spoke out in concern. Dark’s face became contorted as he tried to hold back his laughter before at last he released his anguish of being cooped up in the ethereal plains for so long. He was free at last and now he had a vessel of great power to achieve his goals.

“He stopped being Dark Waltz the second he came back into this world, Sharon.” Xavier said plainly. Wilfred drew up his staff as he stood next to Xavier in a ready position. “Forget what you think he is, and treat him like you would any other enemy. Dark is long gone.” Sharon began to weep in sorrow as she looked away from the body of Dark. The Hex Mage laughed as he felt the approach of the woman behind him.

“How long has it been Xavier? Twenty years?”

“I wouldn’t know…I don’t pay attention to things that bore me Arkham…” Xavier countered holding his blade in his hand in a deadly vice grip.

“I got a new name thanks to you, Xavier.” Arkham said full of pride. “You can now refer to me as The Lord of Sins!” Arkham made the first move, his body moving swiftly as he back pedaled to get behind Victoria. The woman dodged the attempt rolling forward to get closer to her husband. “Oh killing you will be so much fun.” As Arkham darted forward with insane speed he stretched a hand out to Wilfred, aiming for his neck. Xavier made a motion to block the attack, but to everyone’s surprise it was a large blast of fire that saved Wilfred from the assault. The Lord of Sins bounced upon the ground in multiple bounds as Sharon stood next to Victoria confidently.

“I WANT MY BROTHER BACK!” She shouted aiming her staff again for a death blast.

“Well…that’s just too bad!” The Hex Mage stood back up and looked upon the party of warriors before him. His mind raced at all the things he could do to defeat them, and he picked upon one before moving forward at alarming speed.

“My love, cover me!” Xavier said hugging himself into a tight ball. Victoria stood before her husband, two daggers in a ready position as she prepared for the worst. Wilfred stood next to her, his staff still in a ready position.

“Salt heals all wounds…” Dark’s voice echoed the words, but the madman Arkham had said them, and his hands began to glow with a dark milky red. He changed course and turned to face Sharon as he sprinted for the youngest mage. Wilfred darted away from Xavier and got in the way of Sharon, which only caused the Lord of Sins to smile.

His glowing hands reached up and he jumped high into the air, landing on Wilfred’s chest knocking the mage down, his hands wrapped around the wound caused over a year ago by Vladimir Sigma. Wilfred’s throat felt on fire as he felt the wound being freshly ripped opened and then having sea salt poured upon it. He flailed around in agony, unable to scream in pain which caused him to hurt even more. The attack continued until Sharon jumped forward, her knee crashing into the jaw of the Hex Mage. He bounced on the ground next to his staff and he slowly got back up. A sinister grin covered his face as he looked to Sharon.

“Time’s up little girl!” A grey sphere appeared in his hands and he chucked it at Sharon, but to his shock it dissipated as Xavier released a cry of anguish. All the shadows in the darkened forest approached him and his body grew with a dark black aura with a red trim. His golden eyes turned black save for a red trim around the ovals.

“Now come play, Hex Mage!” Xavier taunted. The Lord of Sins laughed as charged forward with his spear, spinning it forward and charging with it. Xavier’s swords was touching the ground as he charged, sparks catching against the ground as he hit a rock every now and then. When they collided it was Xavier’s sword that parried the spear allowing him to spin on the inside and cut up Dark’s stomach. Blood trickled along the blade and when Xavier whipped it to a stabbing position blood flew off and onto the sibling Waltz’s face. With a sharp stab Xavier hoped to end the fight, but to his anger the Hex Mage was able to roll forward and away.

“You can’t keep up that trick forever Xavier! Eventually your magic seal will break and I’ll tear you apart!” The Hex Mage made a taunting motion for Xavier to charge him. It was only a matter of time before the seal would be broken and the Hex Mage would have his revenge.

The clouds began to release rain as the Hex Mage charged again.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:39 PM
Wilfred looked at the body of his possessed brother. This Hex Mage thing was taking the poor innocence of Dark and perverting it to unknown ends. He felt dirty just thinking that such a thing corrupted his beloved brother. He hated the Sigma’s, he hated this Hex Mage, and his fury was doing him no good. He hated feeling useless in this struggle, but as Xavier’s sword released the droplets of blood that had belonged to Dark he felt a twinge in his system.

Suddenly everything in his body relaxed as he felt an intoxicating presence run throughout his body, a perverse pleasure as the scent of blood filled his lungs and body. He took another deep breath, droplets splashing against his face. He suddenly felt a violent shock to his system, the blood in such proximity to his face that he nearly fell in inebriation. His brain began to tingle with pure delight as his adrenaline began to pump profusely. He wanted the excitement, the blood. He suddenly felt his body weigh down with an immense wave of sensational pleasure. More of Dark’s blood had been spilt, but now Xavier’s was spilt with it. The two different tastes sent him into an intoxicating paradise of pleasure as he suddenly couldn’t hold it back any longer, charging into the battle.

Wilfred extended his arm out, a small wind beginning to form inside his hand as he ducked under the swing of a spear. He let the wind go as Xavier went soaring into the air hitting a tree and smashing bark all over the ground. Wilfred did a v-shaped step back to face the Hex Mage, a ball of dark energy in his hands as he punched Dark’s body in the gut. Suddenly the body stretched outwards as if every limb was being over extended, before soon it shrunk to the size of a small child. When it released the Hex Mage wobbled around woozily. Wilfred followed up by encrusting his hand with ice, a large fist hammering home onto Dark’s jaw. The body flew backwards landing on the ground a few feet away.

“Okay Wilfred…now your going to pay for my son!” Xavier shouted charging at the black mage. Wilfred stamped his foot onto the ground, a pillar of flames erupting around him. Xavier held off his charge jumping backwards to avoid the flames. The pillar died down and ran towards Xavier in a strip. He placed his blade down before him in both hands and rolled to one side to avoid the strip of flames. Wilfred could feel the presence of a foul being behind him, a sickening voice murmuring a phrase.

“Why don’t you take it easy…” Wilfred turned on a dime, using the wind spell to increase his speed jumping backwards. The golden orb passed by harmlessly as the body of Dark grasped the staff of ice in frustration. He began to prepare another hex spell, but Wilfred countered the spell with a strip of flame that encompassed the Hex Mage. To Wilfred’s irritation the spear of ice glowed with a light blue hue before it grew to a bright whitish blue, a small ice shield being formed that melted with the flames dousing them out.

Xavier charged forward, almost like a blur as he darted at the Lord of Sins, hitting him in the side with his sword causing more blood to spill on the ground. Wilfred’s nostrils took in every last delicate odor before he focused upon Xavier for a moment. From the ground large blocks of stone tried to ensnare the warrior, but he darted with a flip out of the way landing in a low crouch with weapon ready. Wilfred went on the move as he placed Xavier next to him, who matched the Black Mage’s speed easily. Not to be forgotten, the Hex Mage charged on the opposite side of Xavier, placing the warrior in the middle.

“My love, get the girl out of here! This is no longer safe for you!” Victoria nodded once obeying as she grabbed Sharon by the wrist and dragged her away. Xavier looked at Wilfred for a brief moment before he assessed the situation on the other side.

“Anything you can do I can do better…” The Hex mage chanted. Wilfred smiled as he let off an ice sickle trying to hit Xavier. The warrior ducked the blow and the Hex Mage sent off the same spell, a bit more powerful than before. Xavier jumped this time to dodge it, and suddenly realized he was in a torrent of spells and curses. A strip of flame came next from Wilfred, followed by the Hex Mage countering it on his own. Xavier took a moment and swung his sword wildly horizontally. Both mages avoided the blast, and at the same time cast a spell. The two spells landed upon each other and exploded sending sparks everywhere. Xavier rolled and tumbled before he pulled back jumping away in frustration.

Wilfred ran far away from the explosion before he got a wind and flame spell ready for action. In the Hex Mage’s hand he had a ball of glowing gold energy.

“Don’t you envy me…” The golden orb darted out towards Wilfred and he countered with his tornado firestorm. The two mages ran away from the spells, and again they exploded sending fiery remains everywhere.

“Don’t get to ahead of yourself Arkham.” Xavier said defiantly as he tripped the Hex Mage and landed a blow onto his chest with the butt of his sword as he fell to the ground. Wilfred made a move as he darted forward, bringing a spell of wind and water to bear, throwing both forward wildly hitting each of the enemies and sending them flying apart from each other. Wilfred turned to face Xavier and placing his hands forward he focused all his might into the spell and managed to keep Xavier in the same spot with a stop spell. As he turned upon Arkham he realized he was already too late to stop whatever spell he had ready.

“Now prepare to witness the full horror of your sins, see why they call me the Lord of Ultimate debauchery, SIN HARVEST!” The red hued orb of energy was preparing to blast, but the ground shook with a wailing terror and soon a beam of translucent red energy erupted in a circle around Arkham, Sin Harvest dissipating inside before the ultimate spell was able to be unleashed. “What is going on?” He shouted as his fist slammed against the wall.

“Arkham Zaro…You cannot hide from your destiny pitiful worm.” A voice from the heavens shouted. “You cannot possibly think you could escape the power of my Seal? Poor fool…I have a delicious purpose for you now, Lord of Sins.” The voice sassed as it referred to the Hex mage by his self proclaimed title. Arkham shouted profanity as he slammed his fist against the seal as it slowly grew smaller and smaller upon the target.

“What is going on?” Xavier asked in confusion. The Seal pulsated with energy before it blasted both Xavier and Wilfred up into the air and far away from the seal, the forest trees blowing wildly like they were stuck in a tornado.

“This is not a matter for mere mortals…I will deal with you later project…” Wilfred strained despite the pain, his blood trance leaving his body as quickly as it came. The word project confused him and it wasn’t the only time he heard himself being referred to as “Project”. “Come Arkham, hell awaits!” The seal shrunk upon the face of the Hex Mage’s possessed body, and in screaming agony the soul of Arkham was ripped out of the body of Dark Waltz, all the malice and corruption taken out and away. The body fell to the ground unconscious as Arkham’s soul was no longer accounted for, the energy of the seal disappearing.

Wilfred kept himself conscious just long enough to look at Dark, and to his relief, the lazy golden eyes of Dark looked back for the briefest of moments. Then both Waltz brothers passed out.

The Black Waltz Project
10-29-07, 02:39 PM
Sharon felt uneasy as Victoria led her back to the encampment, both woman concerned for the ones they loved. As they entered the clearing both took deep breaths of concern. Bodies were scattered away from each other, the trees all bent and gnarled as if torn apart by Black and corrupted magiks. Xavier’s sword was stuck in the ground a few feet away from his hand, Wilfred and Dark’s staff both crossed over each other in an X pattern. Wilfred was upon his stomach, knocked out cold, Dark upon his back in the same condition.

“What went on here?” Victoria said worried. She ran immediately for her husband and Sharon ran right at Wilfred in concern. Sharon placed Wilfred’s head in her lap, and as she gently used a water spell to pour water on his cuts he slowly grunted back into life. She took a sigh of relief and looked deep into his golden eyes. His face was full of content as his eyes let off a soft carefree aura. Without even hearing a word she knew Dark was okay. Letting her brother go she ran over to Dark, doing the same thing she did to Wilfred to her other brother. Dark coughed as the water splashed him gently, and he slowly looked into her eyes. He attempted a smile but winced in pain, his body full of deep cuts and sword gashes. Sharon stood up as she whispered to Dark,

“Can you walk a few miles?” Dark nodded as he slowly got himself up. Sharon looked to Wilfred and made a motion with two fingers of a person walking. Wilfred nodded as he remained upon the ground awaiting for whatever plans Sharon had set into motion. Taking careful steps Sharon walked over to Victoria. The warrior of the Apocalypse turned to Sharon with a startle holding both daggers in a ready position. “Is he okay?” Sharon asked innocently.

“Oh him? Yes he is fine.” Sharon nodded in understanding. As Victoria lowered her guard Sharon made her move stretching her staff out and blasting Victoria in the face with a sleep spell. Victoria tried her best to fight off the affects, but her constitution caved in and she collapsed next to her husband. “Okay guys, we got a couple hours tops to make some progress, let’s get a move on it!” Sharon shouted running towards Dark. Dark and Sharon both leaned upon each other as they caught up with Dark, as quickly as they could they ran away from the clearing with intentions never to return.

~*~*~*~*~

The traveling trio wondered out of Concordia, the journey taking them three days without rest. They arrived at a small port of trade, and with a sigh of relief Wilfred had found the most beautiful sight he could ever imagine; The flags of Black Isle were displayed proudly upon the mast of a large war galleon, known only as the Tyrant. The siblings made their way to the boat, and instantly the ship hands recognized the robed mages.

“Blimey, you three look like hell!” A ship mate called in alarm. “OI, PETERS!” The crewman shouted to the boat. A voice returned the call and the sailor shouted, “PETERS ALERT CAPTAIN BATISTA THAT THE WALTZ’S WILL JOIN US FOR THIS TRIP!” The sailor immediately ran off as Wilfred nodded in thanks to the man.

“You’re name is…” Sharon wondered loudly. “Luthor, isn’t it?” The sailor smiled in response, rushing over and picking up Dark from Wilfred’s and Sharon’s shoulders.

“You be right about that, come on you three, let’s get you some rest.” Wilfred pushed Sharon onwards in an encouraging way, his body still sore from the duels he had fought in the last few months. He turned back to the island of Corone, and decided he was happy if he never returned to this place again.

~*~*~
Later in the night Wilfred walked out on deck, looking outwards towards the stars just as he did the night of his uncle’s funeral. The sky was clear and visible despite the winter chill, a full moon lighting up the sea that seemed to twinkle under the scope of lunar rays. The distinct sound of wood creaking was heard as a tall muscular man slowly walked towards the taller Mage, his face looking up as well.

“Your father always did that, Wilfred, look at the stars when he was confused.” Wilfred turned his head in acknowledgement that Batista had arrived. “Dark will be just fine lad, me ship mates are taking good care of him. As for Sharon she is resting in my cot for this trip. Poor tyke was all pooped out but she protested being separated. The second she hit that pillow she was losing steam faster than water in bucket with a hole.” Wilfred and Batista both took a moment to smile at the actions of Sharon, before Wilfred turned his full attention to the stars again.
“Ardur was a decent human being, hell your whole family is.” Batista patted the Black mage on the back. “To keep together your family and protect them with your limitations is insane, but somehow you do it Wilfred, and I am very impressed. Your father would be proud.” Wilfred’s body shuddered, his way of giving a deep sigh.

Wilfred wished he could speak of his father’s betrayal. The way his brother and sister were snatched of their powers and left to rot was en-excusable and he demanded answers. But despite what he wanted, he knew the pirate captain Batista would not have the answers he sought.

“I told Ardur way back then this, and I hope you listen to my words as well. The stars are ancient and old, they were apart of this world before you or I had ancestors. So if our ancestors couldn’t figure out what they wanted us to do, how the hell should we?” Wilfred took a moment to let the advice sink in, and then he suddenly shivered with amusement, wishing he could laugh out loud. “On that light note I have something for ya…a message from people I wish I didn’t associate with long ago. I understand you had a run in with them,” Wilfred cast Batista a look of concern. “Ya, it’s them matey. The woman, Victoria Sigma.” Wilfred stood a little straighter as he crossed his arms across his chest. “Look mate, she promised to back off. Her husband and her had a specific mission to take care of and thanks to your brother Dark they completed it. Apparently something big is about to happen to their order so they decided not to bother with you.” Wilfred gruffed rolling his golden eyes as he huffed out the air in his chest. He leaned against the edge of the boat as he motioned for him to move on.

“Well matey, she told me something I find a little odd. But she said this,” Batista took a moment to recall the exact words before he spoke them carefully. “She said, ‘the answers you seek is found deep inside you, apart from your soul…’ I have no idea what it means, but I hope it helps.” Batista walked away as he left Wilfred to think about the message.

Wilfred knew it was a riddle of some sort, but he couldn’t think of what it exactly was. He looked at his hands in frustration, not sure what to think, and then it suddenly hit him. He remembered that Hex Mage’s spells dealt with the powers of souls and such things, and there was a group very much different than that practice of magic known as Blood Mages.

With out a moment to lose Wilfred walked after Batista. He took a quill from his cloak and pricked his finger drawing out blood. He used the crimson ink as he wrote on his hand the location of his destination. Reaching Batista, he tapped the sailor on the shoulder. The captain turned to the Black mage, a look of eagerness and excitement upon his face.

“Where ya be headin?” He said in his boomin’ pirate voice, a large grin across his face.

Without a moments hesitation Wilfred lifted his blood written hand, the word Beravar written in blocky bloody letters.

Call me J
11-29-07, 09:47 AM
Total Score- 62

I liked this thread. I didn’t love it. You have the ability and talent to write a thread that I love. I’d like to see you do it.

• STORY ~ 17/30

Continuity (6) ~ You did a great job of showing me who the characters were, what the relevant backstory was and all the things that help you get a good score in this category. Unfortunately, the way it was executed hurt pacing a bit.

Setting (6) ~ I liked the creativity applied in the setting here, and how much it would factor in to strategy, by the very nature of the thread.

Pacing (5) ~ This thread started off very strong, but I felt that the changing between chapters made me lose something. I don’t think having multiple chapters in a thread is necessarily a bad thing, but here I found that it hurt your momentum more than it helped, at least in the way that it was executed. If you’re going to do that in the future, you have to do a little more to make the chapters have their own mini intros and conclusions. Also, please see my comments for dialogue and continuity.

• CHARACTER ~ 16/30

Dialogue (6) ~ I should give you either a ten or a zero for the terribly awesome pun “the dance of death is a three step waltz.” In general, I felt that you put far more effort into your dialogue when it was trash talking than at any other time. This is unfortunate, because your pacing was often hurt as a result during the times when there were larger, longer conversations. There was no difference in speech patterns between characters, and none of them had different mannerisms. I didn’t get any feeling that Victoria, Sharon, Dark or any other character was at all unique because of their dialogue. I think you have the talent to raise this score, and I’d like to see you do it.

Action (5) ~ This is another category where emphasizing uniqueness would help you. One reason I was so drawn into the introduction of the thread was that Sharon, Dark and Wilfred were all in separate roles and I learned things about them. Sharon came across as the terrified sister, Wilfred the concerned brother, and Dark was accepting. I just don’t know why you couldn’t have done this more in the rest of your thread.

Persona (5) ~ Your characters have distinct personas. You just need to do a better job showing them.

• WRITING STYLE ~ 21/30

Mechanics (6) ~ Two big issues. First, if you’re going to use color codes, make sure to get the tags right. I hate seeing a stray [/color] somewhere. You don’t have to use color codes, but if you’re going to use them, use them right. A second issue is the apostrophe s. If you are talking about a plural noun such as “canines, cars, dogs, the Waltzes” you do not need an apostrophe s. If you are using the possessive, then you need the apostrophe. The only exception to this is “its” where “its” is the possessive and “it’s” is a contraction of it is.

Technique (7) ~ You definitely have a lot of creativity, but it’s really applied unevenly. That’s a shame.

Clarity (8) ~ Things could sometimes get a bit unwieldy in your long conversations (this ties in to my comments in dialogue) and it was hard to keep track of who was saying what at times, but this was a relatively minor comment. In general, really good threads are still clear if you’re only paying half attention. Not that I read only paying half attention as a judge, but if you’re writing a book, you may have readers who will.

• Wild Card (8) ~ The dance of death is a three step waltz. Brilliant!

Spoils
The Black Waltz Project receives 1035 EXP and 150 GP
The Black Waltz Project also receives the Canines of Cerberus, a potent artifact that grants the wearer to survive in extreme cold temperatures. As far as the upgrade from Blizzara to Blizzaga is concerned, I have no idea what that means. Depending on the strength of the update, you can have it at your next level up, provided an RoG mod approves.

Karuka
12-05-07, 07:40 PM
EXP/GP added!