PDA

View Full Version : Liberating the Reapers ((Closed))

The Barbarian
04-29-06, 10:04 PM
((Closed to those assigned.))

Tyrael ran a thumb over the edge of his Azurewrath. The bastard sword gleamed in the ray of sunlight that penetrated a small hole in the western wall of the small house. He sat silently, looking out the slightly broken window. Outside the sun was getting ready to begin its descent past the horizon, where the team would then proceed on its mission.

Hope this goes well…

Tyrael had led countless men through battle in his short time as a Lothen Warrior, but he’d never lost a war. He was much more used to commanding armies, unlike the small team he’d been assigned. To infiltrate a former enemy’s base and loot its contents seemed like something meant for a simple group of thieves. However, Oberon had been blunt to tell them resistance would be harsh. Who is this guy anyway?

The man who’d tipped off the Grander’s Order had come from seemingly nowhere, as if waiting for someone to come along so he could use them. Was he using them? Tyrael didn’t care much. He was a new guy and was fairly sure the brass knew what they were doing. Besides, they were in need of weapons and armor, incase anything should happen. Wars had already broken out between two powerful groups, leaving the survivors scattered and searching for new clans to pledge their alliance too.

He swatted at a fly as it tried to land on the dusty table next to him. This “meeting” place Oberon had chosen was nothing more than a disserted old house that was about ready to fall apart. The front door was hanging on by nothing more than one bracket and the roof was rotting faster than the sun was setting. And it was surrounded on all sides by a small forest, as if they’d cleared the area just for this one house. He stood up and began to pace the room, stroking his chin, deep in thought. He tried to remember his training, the way to give courage to men when hope was lost; the ability to truly lead.

Tyrael was curious as to when this “Oberon” would show. He’d been waiting nearly an hour now and still there was no sign of him. He was about ready to begin a small search of the area when he felt the hairs on the back of his neck stand on end. Jerking around, he saw the man sitting on the table, watching him solemnly.

“You’re a perceptive one, aren’t you?” The man said, watching Tyrael with his mismatched eyes.

“Yea…well…I was busy thinkin’.” The barbarian grumbled.

“Try not to do that too much. Can get people killed in the heat of battle.” Oberon said as scratched the underside of his chin.

The man’s hair was short, black as night, and streaked with green strokes. He was obviously more skilled than Tyrael, but the barbarian felt he could take him if anything went wrong. Know your enemy and allies alike. He thought as he slowly walked to the window.

“They’ll be here soon. Saw a couple coming up the little dirt path before I came in.” Oberon said, reading the barbarian’s mind. Nodding, he placed his hands behind his back and stared at the setting sun. Soon, it would be time to resume his old life once again.

Falcon Darkflight
05-08-06, 07:16 AM
Canen looked out from the nearby shelter of a cluster of oak trees that well cloaked his position and that of his allies, his eyes firmly locked onto the small, decrepit stone house in which Tyrael had agreed to meet his 'contact'. It was widely believed that this might have been some sort of trick, that this Oberon was perhaps working for this 'Hell's Reapers' underground movement and that the supposed disbanded underground network was perhaps not as disbanded as it seemed at first glance, but the Nocturn had widely ignored the banter amongst the soldiers. Instead, he had chosen to take position just outside of the house and witness the odds and sods of the meeting for himself.

He remembered his meeting with the Grander four hours previous to his coming to Radasanth, how the brash and arrogant Raelyse had spent three of the four hours of the meeting combing his hair, pacing up and down in front of the mirror stating how his perfect self could probably handle the mission of his own accord, but was far too busy today to do so. Canen had sat in his chair almost ready to prematurely end his life before the real information started to spew forth from his leaders mouth. Paper and ink pen in hand, he had noted every small detail of the mission with absolute attention. From one hours worth of scribbling notes (in comparison to the three soul destroying hours worth of self glorifying and grooming from his beloved leader) he had derived almost everything he had needed to know.

The contact was a man named Oberon, who had come to 'tip off' the Order about the location of the weapons and armour located in this underground armoury. The underground labyrinth once populated with the Hell's Reaper faction was located under Radasanth itself and consisted of a system of tunnels and traps which had been designed to hinder would-be intruders and unwelcome guests. On another note, it was said that a unit of these past-their-best occultists would be sending their own forces to retrieve their stockpiles before anyone else could get the chance. The Order was to go down into the tunnels, retrieve the items and have them teleported back to HQ.

The details went on and on, and eventually Canen ran out of paper. Tyrael had been assigned to lead this mission and would meet the contact in the stone house, the one the Nocturn was watching with a patient eye right this moment. As he waited for the rest of his unit to appear, he noted that he could see somebody else inside the house with Tyrael, and that the person appeared to be Oberon.

I hope that this Oberon plays his cards right. If he screws up, or if I think for one second he isn't throwing straight dice, i'll kill him... Canen thought to himself, narrowing his eyes at the possibility that he could be right.

Amy
05-12-06, 10:58 PM
Amowyn Kristel was an annoyed girl. Her foot hurt from tripping over a root earlier. Her shirt was torn slightly from the branch she had to get by earlier, and now it didn't even look like her destination would have a place to sit. The girl was in a bad mood a s she began to move towards the house, barely noticing the rest of the things there as she came to the door. It probably didn't help that she didn't really even want to be there at the moment either. Especially given the circumstances that were occurring back at her home in Etheria.

A few days and an airship ride earlier, Amy had been in Etheria Port, doing the small and minor things she could in order to help Torin fro the war that would be occurring soon enough. It was around then that she had been approached by some man, He said things about the Grander's Order, and about how Torin was already apart of it, and in fact thew leader of the division for the Navy. Of course, her currant martial status to the man didn't help her at all. He ended up handing her a small envelope and leaving. The envelope contained three pices of paper. One was a map,another a cordial invitation and the third a mission briefing that made the girl cross nearly two continents in order to get to. It was also scheduled to begin in few days.

She tugged at her white shirt, pulling it up and back onto her shoulder so it wouldn't leave it bare. It didn't help, as the sleeve fell back down almost immediately afterwards. She sighed, knocking on the old door with her staff Enchant, and opening it without waiting for anyone to come to the door. The creaky old door sounded as though it was ten times older than the girl, and so did the rest of the old, decrepit house. She considered storming in, but manners and hard training from her time working as a spy for the , now defunct, Brotherhood, kept her from doing just that. She cautiously entered, and upon seeing the two men, relaxed somewhat. She knew their names, and if not a one in three chance of messing up.

"Canen and Tyrael?" the girl asked, forcing herself to smile slightly. It wasn't hard, and was one of the things she learned how to do quickly. A smile often helped more than simply staying silent, and hers looked genuine. "I'm Amowyn, and you're here with the Grander's Order thingy, right?"

Nightsangel
05-23-06, 12:44 AM
Serenity merely looked at her mistress briefly before she hopped onto the wide branch of a tall Pine tree. Settling down on the soft wood momentarily she murmurs quietly "Sivi...just why are we here? I know you wanted to look for Sarah Dahlios...but this SO doesn't look like a joint where'd she'd be hanging around." Motioning with her tail at the quiet trees, the soft dirt that bunched beneath Sivienna's half leather boots, the kistune merely shook her cute little head as she says softly "Mistress..if you want to find Sarah, I would suggest looking in a tavern...or in some local business where you know the female thief would be around."

Sivienna sighs as she moves to scoop her kistune into her arms. Stroking Serenity's orange fur she says softly "Be quiet Serenity. Sarah is one of the reasons why I joined the Grander Order. I had heard that she had joined and I looked into it and find it to my liking. In all honesty I have no idea if the girl who we met in Radasanth and saw again is in this particular mission!" Moving so her kistune was looking into her lilac orbs she murmurs "I know you don't like being in nature Serenity because it reminds you too much of when you were alone but....come now....you know why were here. I told you the exact purpose of this mission before we begin to trek through this forest!"

Serenity's two tails swished slightly as she felt her mistress begin to move again. Letting out a soft bark, she murmurs "I know...I know..were suppose to go to the Hell Reaper's underground area and fetch the weapons that they have stock piled there...."

Sivienna nods smiling as she finally begins to see a dim bit of light. Sighing as she moves out of the thicket of trees, she shades her eyes with one hand as he notices a decrepit, crumbling old house. Looking at it briefly, she moves Serenity to her shoulders as she murmurs "This must be the place....." Moving through the old creaky wooden door, she saw a dimly lit room containing two males and one female. Entering more closely she murmurs softly "I'm Sivienna...and I was told to look for Tyrael....the leader of the Grander's order said that you would lead us into the Hell Reaper's lair to obtain the weapons that the Grander Order seeks...."

The Barbarian
06-14-06, 10:27 PM
“That would be me.” Tyrael said as the girl announced her reasons for barging through the door. “Take a seat…” he began to say as he looked around the room, only to find nothing really sturdy looking to sit on. “Grab a spot on the wall.”

“Yes Amowyn, this would be the ‘Thingy’.” Oberon said with a chuckle. Tyrael’s glowing sapphire eyes shot a glare at the cocky half-elf. The girl might’ve been wet behind the ears in terms of missions but she was still a part of his team. He’d make sure she learned something before this was over. All of them…except for…was someone missing?

“Tell the guy to come in already. We’re gonna be late.” He said with a small yawn as he stretched his arms over his head. Tyrael was confused. What was he talking about? Apparently Oberon could see this just by his expression and sighed as he walked toward the front door and in one fluid motion, created a spike of ice from the top of his hand while opening the front door. By the time it had made its full swing, the warrior had thrown the spike into tree, the spike landing deep into the large oak.

“That guy. I didn’t get this far in life because I can’t survey my surroundings.” He said as he cleaned a dirty fingernail. “If he wants to come in, he’s welcome, but I guess I scare him too much.”

“Uhh….” Tyrael started to say, his deep voice sounding much less than usual. To be in the presence of a fighter who obviously held more skill than himself was a feeling he almost forgotten. He would seriously need to get back into his role of leader before this Oberon took hold and made him look like some kind of rookie.

“Here’s the deal,” the half-elf said as he leaned against the table, “There’s five of us and maybe near a hundred of them. Knowing them, they’ll most likely be in squads of ten or so and they are fairly well trained in the art of close combat. The grunts, and you’ll know what they look like by the massive amounts we kill, aren’t too hard to take down. The other guys…well, I don’t wanna scare any of you rooks, so I’ll just explain them if…when we run into them.”

“The entry way?” Tyrael asked.

“Oh, right. It’s a bar.”

“What?” Tyrael’s eyes narrowed to small slits.

“Yep…well, it was a bar. Not sure what’s there now. Last time I saw it, the place was nothin’ but burnt ashes and black metal beams. But I know where the hatch is, so we’ll be fine. One more thing to note. Traps. Not sure how many there are, I tripped off quite a few when I was down there, but I’m damn sure there are more. Keep your eyes sharp and if you spot one, be sure to let us know discreetly. If we know where the traps are, we might be able to use to our advantage. Any questions?” He crossed his arms over his chest and cocked an eyebrow.

“Nothing here,” Tyrael said reluctantly. He’d been hoping for some way to make this guy look like an idiot for at least a second. “Anyone else?”

Letho
09-24-06, 10:19 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.