PDA

View Full Version : Sketchy things

Empyrean
04-29-06, 10:50 PM
Yeah...random shtuffs from my sketch journal. I actually like some of these, which is new for me.

First one's a character design for a dude in my book, but I'm thinking of bringing him onto Althanas. Or his sister. Maybe.
I love dreads.
The second one is what I drew on the cover of my sketch book.
The third one is the only picture of Sanoe I have. It's ancient and hardly decent, but it looks like her. Kind of.

I love critiqueing, hint hint.

Emblem
04-29-06, 11:13 PM
I like the Sketch book cover one best. That's way awesome. If I could mug you and take your talent, I probably would.

Tshael
04-30-06, 12:52 AM
I love the way you do cloth, and you're very good at profiles. Dreads are so unbelievably sexy too. Very nice work.

Yari Rafanas
04-30-06, 03:05 AM
I dig it. :]

Corinne
04-30-06, 07:26 AM
Ayeh. All three are really neat! I love the first one though, the dreads and all is great ^_^

Empyrean
05-07-06, 05:44 AM
Here's Kade Lien, the other, uh, version of Raelyse, I think. I'm still a little confused on that. For some reason the scanner kept cutting off the rest of him, so until I can figure that out, this is him.
More coming very soon, including a comic. :)

Also, thanks for the comments, everyone. Dreads are sweet.

Raelyse
05-11-06, 07:17 AM
Love it, love you, marry me.

Valentine
05-22-06, 07:59 AM
Althanas is stupid. Tams is the best artist. I command you to request pictures from her.

Empyrean
05-22-06, 10:09 PM
Why is Althanas stupid, now...?

Anyhoo, been drawing some Sanoë doodles.
I FINALLY have a decent picture of Sanoë. Of course, it's not finished, but these things take time. At least I have an idea of what she looks like now. yay.
There are more of her, but I have to figure out how to crop them properly and keep them small enough for this page.

Letho
05-22-06, 10:15 PM
Did I ever mention I would do Sanoe? Because I would. I love the picture, by the way. The amount of details is just amazing. She has that cocky, I'm-better-then-you, bitchy thing going on and I really like it. If you ever take requests, I'll steal my soul back from Sloth and give it to you for a pic. :cool:

Empyrean
05-22-06, 10:44 PM
I actually owe you a pic of Myrhia (I can never spell her name, damn you), so I could probably work on that.

Thank you! That's what I've been trying to get. In all her other doodles, she looks sad. I'm glad she finally looks bitchy. As for Sanoë being do-able....coming from a guy on Althanas, I think that's a compliment to her.

Alrighty, more sketches, woo.
First one is a parody of a scene from one of my best friend's books. That guy is having a, uh, "Joey" moment, though I'm wondering who else here watches Friends...
Second one is a doodle of Zephyriah. I tend to sketch characters and scenes from things I'm in - it helps me describe them better.
I need to learn how to draw guys. *sigh*

Yari Rafanas
05-23-06, 03:59 AM
Zeph seems like he'd be more pissed, but I think you draw guys great!

Empyrean
05-26-06, 03:34 PM
He probably would be, yeah. :)

The first pic is the finished sketch of Sanoë. I had a lot of trouble with the hands (go figure), so I took the easy way out and covered them with hair. Hey, it works. -___- Once I can find that photoshop disk, I can color it and make it pretty.
The second picture is of a character from my novel, the sister of the guy with the dreads in my first post. She'd be a bit different on Althanas, of course, and her profile is all typed up. Just gotta make some changes and away she flies. :)
And the third is a bunch of old sketches...The first two are some concept drawings for Sanoë's mother, Ileana, who will be a big part of her storyline eventually. I don't really know how I want her to look yet, but I'm liking the idea of short red hair. She's obviously a much happier person than her daughter. :)
That list picture is a...uh...Kim Possible version of Sanoë.

Shut up, I love that show.
Letho, I'm working on Myrhia by the way.

Yari Rafanas
05-26-06, 11:46 PM
Your style is way cool.

Sparrow
05-27-06, 07:05 AM
You know, I wanted do Sanoe before she was cool and had a funny accent over her name.

Empyrean
05-27-06, 12:52 PM
Well, she always had a funny accent over her name, because it's fun to annoy people. She started to get cool after I bribed Letho with a pic of Myrhia. :D

Hana
06-28-06, 07:58 PM
I can't believe I haven't posted in my own thread in over a month! We'll have to remedy that.

Anywho, this is the first installment in some full-body shot drawings. this is Hana, and I really like how she's turned out, although I feel like her head might be too small for her body for some reason. But I love everything else. This picture will be done soon. :)

Next up is Myrhia, followed by a Raelyse cartoon. :)

aesculus
06-28-06, 10:25 PM
You are now added to my list of artist idols!

Raelyse
06-29-06, 06:46 AM
Hot.

Empyrean
06-29-06, 12:12 PM
Finished Hana, and did a Myrhia headshot.

I'm very happy with how Hana turned out, especially the tattoo, belt, and hair. That hair took forever.

Myrhia was supposed to be a full-body pic, but that didn't work. I still like her headshot, though, even with my scanner killing the colored pencil. I had fun doing her hair. :)

Letho
06-29-06, 12:49 PM
You are so my favorite person right now. I absolutely love how you drew Myrhia, her hair is perfect. Hana is cool too, especially the belt that seemed to take a lot time to do. You rock. :)

Hana
06-29-06, 05:25 PM
It did take a long time, but I had fun with it.

And I'm glad you like it. One of these days I'll get around to a full-body picture of her. :)

EDIT: Speaking of which, Althanas is annoying and wouldn't let me upload the bigger-version Myrhia, so here she is, resized. of course, she's a little blurry now, but it's kinda cool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/Tams_Pics/biggermyrhia.jpg

Empyrean
07-16-06, 07:51 PM
This isn't really a post regarding my own art, but it's so awesome, I felt I had to share.

My good friend Sarah is an up-and-coming manga artist, and she gave out free drawing prizes to the first ten people to watch her on Deviantart. I was the first person, so I got a free prize. I told her that I wanted her to draw Sanoë in a scene from a quest I was in, I'm The Law Around Here, Boy! that takes place in Corone.

And here it be's! You should also check out the rest of her DA gallery (http://shira-chan.deviantart.com/), it's awesome. :D :D :D I am so excited for this. It turned out awesome. My one thing about it is that her robe is blue, not brown, but I'm not complaining. It's too awesome for that.

Go look! -------------> at this awesome Sanoë fanart! (http://www.deviantart.com/view/36420520/) which now graces my avatar.

Letho
07-16-06, 08:57 PM
Hahahaha! Awesome pic. A lot like what I imagined when I read your post. Although, I still love the bitchy witchy woman from your previous avy. She was hot. :D

Empyrean
07-16-06, 08:59 PM
Yeah, she's still the best. :) But for a little bit I'm going to be pimping out Sarah's art, because she deserves it. Then it's back to my version of Sanoë.

Empyrean
09-01-06, 09:45 AM
Mrraahh fear the double post.

I've ignored this thread so badly, it's not even funny. Well, maybe a little.

So to make up for it - requests! Remember, kids, stealing is bad, so don't do it or I'll be forced to open a can of whoopass.

...yeah. I shouldn't be typing in the morning.

The first one - another original character request. I have a couple mistakes to fix on her, like the poofy hair. :) Then draw a background and color the thing. And about the random cleavage - there's a story behind it, but I should get permission to post it before. :)
Second one - a request from a friend over at Livejournal of her original character, Miranda. It's still a coloring in progress, and I'm still learning Photoshop. So be gentle.

Soon to come:

Miranda and OC - finished versions
Raphael
Lucien

AdventWings
09-02-06, 02:30 AM
Looks good, Gina. The sketch looks great and the Photoshop coloring is very nice. I don't think you'll have much trouble with the more advanced techniques from what I can see.

Well, at least your colors look a lot better than what I can do. =P

Damion Shargath
09-02-06, 04:55 AM
Don't possibly want to try yourself at Damion, or ask Sarah to have a try if she wants? That'd be quite cool. Whatever pose you desire, include weapon or don't - as you please. Whenever you find the time is fine - just make sure it's a little dark and gloomy in some way :)

Empyrean
09-02-06, 10:09 AM
AdventWings - Thanks. I'm trying. ^^; My friend has a good Photoshop tutorial I'm trying to follow, which should help.

Damion: Alrighty, then - the dark and gloomy part will be fun. :)

Letho
09-02-06, 12:13 PM
Sao is badass and hot and awesomly drawn, has that Arabian assassin thing going on that makes you want to take a risk at wooing her even though you just might wake up with a knife in your back. ;)

And what to say about the second one? If you don't love a woman in a business suit, you don't know what's best for you. :)

Calaelen
09-02-06, 12:18 PM
Wonderful pictures. I love your style of sketching. If you ever get a chance, it would be much appreciated if you could draw something rough of Terriance that I might be able to use as an avvy.

Saxon
09-02-06, 01:33 PM
Sao is badass and hot and awesomly drawn, has that Arabian assassin thing going on.

I think she has sort've a pirate thing about her ;). Wonderful job on the necklace, it ties it all together and I'm sure the background will look spectacular. Good work, Gina, I can't wait to see the finished product :o.

Hana
09-02-06, 11:52 PM
Thanks, everyone. :)

The List Thus Far, for my own reference:

Miranda (finished)
Sao (finished)
Raphael
Lucien
Damion Terriance

Onward!

AdventWings
09-03-06, 09:13 AM
Bwahaha. Good luck, Gina. Then again, I'm sure you'll manage to keep up demands while I recuperate. XD

Empyrean
09-15-06, 08:52 PM
I hope so. :)

As for demands, Teh List of Doom is a couple posts above for anyone's reference. Also, Colin - was it June you wanted a picture of? I can't remember.
Corey - let me know when you want me to draw Lucien updated and stuff.

Alright. First picture. Sao has been changed a bit, but just cosmetic stuff. And lethal stuff, too, if you include her second sword. Which looks too awkwardly-shaped in comparison to the original one. But yay turban.
Also, since the chances of me finding an actual decent photograph of myself are pretty much nil, the second picture is a doodle of me. It's fairly accurate, considering I really don't wear skirts all that often.
There will be a third picture once I dig out the mostly-finished picture of Raphael, requested by Corey, a.k.a. Angelic Malice. Or Lucien. Whatever the hell character he is right now. =P

Letho
09-15-06, 08:59 PM
It's funny, but that more or less how I pictured you. I always thought you had glasses for some reason. Though I always thought you had more of a sullen face, but that's probably because I always think of you as Sanoe. :P Great pics by the way, and looking good. :)

Hana
09-15-06, 09:11 PM
Wow. My worst fears realized. My glasses have seeped into my personality, heh. As for having a sullen face, well, yeah, I don't. I'm as quirky as Sanoë, but I'm way more cheerful. I'm more Hana than Sanoë when it comes to temperament. :)

Raelyse
09-15-06, 09:13 PM
I always thought you were a demonic summoner.

Letho
09-15-06, 09:15 PM
Wow. My worst fears realized. My glasses have seeped into my personality, heh.Nothing wrong with glasses. Glasses = totally hot in my book. :D

Rabhya
09-15-06, 10:08 PM
I'm starting to like your book! :D

And yes, this is Gina still. I need to start using this account. Once I do, I'll draw some pictures of this character, Rabhya. That'll be very fun. :D

Here's Raphael, being drunk, and my stupidass scanner won't scan all of him for some reason. I hate technology, so until I figure it out, here's what I got out of my computer. Drunk people are fun to draw, and they're fun in real life too. Except when they end up stumbling off their chairs and smashing you into the wall.

Yeah, that wasn't fun.
Second picture is one I did a rather long time ago that I always forget to post here, even though I love it. It's a cartoony version of my grandma when she was in her twenties, and probably my only decent Photoshop work.

Letho
09-15-06, 10:17 PM
Rabhya the Maneater. :) I can see her charms sturggling with Malagen's cold demeanor. If you're interested, we could do something on her account. She seems like an interesting character.

Also, your granny looks damn fine for somebody who's a grandmother. ;) Nice coloring though. The dress with those twirly things at the top seems pretty damn realistic.

I don't like drunken male pirates, so I want to poke Raphael in the eye with something sharp and shiny. :P

Daggertail
09-15-06, 10:18 PM
I really love the desert amazon, it's really awesome and the other ones are fun.

Empyrean
09-15-06, 10:28 PM
Thank you, guys. :) Althanas is getting to be my favorite art dump. Next to deviantART, of course.

Letho - Geez. I need to stop making interesting characters. They keep ending up in your threads. :P That might be cool, once I figure Rabhya out. She was a sort of spur-of-the-moment character.
And thanks, about the dress. We have an old photo of her that same dress, and when I started drawing it, I couldn't remember what it looked like. Turns out I was right on the money. :)

Letho
09-15-06, 10:33 PM
Letho - Geez. I need to stop making interesting characters. They keep ending up in your threads.You're lucky you don't have a redhead character. ;)

Krugor
09-16-06, 05:00 PM
Do you smile like that in real life too? I like happy things :)

Also, the coloring on your grandmother's picture is awesome, nice work!

Yamihara
09-16-06, 10:41 PM
You're lucky you don't have a redhead character. ;)

If I had known that, Murakama and I would've dyed our hair black like Mikami. =P

Letho
09-16-06, 11:21 PM
If I had known that, Murakama and I would've dyed our hair black like Mikami. =PBlack is my second favorite. :)

Damion Shargath
09-22-06, 07:56 AM
Anything new on my avatar yet...?

Empyrean
09-23-06, 12:05 AM
Yes, there is - I have the basic sketch for all the requests so far. Hopefully I can get out of this creative slump I've fallen into the last couple of weeks to finish up with the details. And then I'll get someone to make the avatar pretty for ya, Damion. :)

Katei Irumi
09-23-06, 03:07 PM
Your art is really enjoyable to look through. :) I like how your characters' appearances are sort of "outside the box". Especially Hana's.

Also, the pic of you and the one with the girl in the bed make me giggle like a schoolgirl. :p

Damion Shargath
09-23-06, 03:50 PM
Yes, there is - I have the basic sketch for all the requests so far. Hopefully I can get out of this creative slump I've fallen into the last couple of weeks to finish up with the details. And then I'll get someone to make the avatar pretty for ya, Damion. :)

Alright, sounds cool. I'm anxious to see the results.

Empyrean
11-03-06, 05:14 PM
Alright, sounds cool. I'm anxious to see the results.

And so you shall, this weekend. :D

All art requests have been fnished. They just need a bit of editing, and will hopefully be posted this weekend.

As for other creative things, I'm posting a couple of doodles. The second is of a monster-type thing from my sketchbook.
The third is a doodle of Sanoë in the style of one of my favorite artists, which actually turned out quite nice, I think.
The first is a character design of a character, named Ryan, from another RP I'm in.

This RP is rather different from RP on Althanas. It's helped me get back into the RPing mood, both here and there. This one is done only with two of my best friends and is in a sort of script form. It's heavily influenced by fantasy anime like Slayers, but no worries, there's no annoying catgirls or sweatdrops and all that rot. It's mostly a lot of swearing and conversatios about sex. It's surprisingly raunchy.
The three of us play mutiple characters, focusing on four main ones. I play Lissa, and my friends play the other three. I'm kind of lazy.

If anyone's reading this, here's a bit of the RP for your enjoyment. And mine, of course, since this is the creative endeavors forum. :) Yay for taking up page space.

Sloane: You've been pretty damn quiet all night. What crawled up your butt and died?
Ryan: I just...I don't know? It's been a weird couple of days.Would it help if I said you're scum and I hate you?
Sloane: Aw, that's just your way of saying you think I'm sexy and really want to get into my pants. So, yes, it does help.
Trey: *has a laughing fit*
Ryan: Will you stop saying that?? I am not attracted to you!!
Lissa: *wants to laugh, but that would be shallow* Anything that wants to get in your pants, Sloane, must want to die.
Sloane: *to Trey* She's obviously in denial.
Trey: *still laughing* Oh, clearly!
Lissa: You two are impossible.
Sloane: I'm not impossible, dammit. Just difficult.
Ryan: Do you think you could kill them and make it look like an accident?
Lissa: I totally could.
Ryan: I can definitely pay you.
Lissa: No need, sister, this is a favor.
Sloane: *to Trey* You know, I always figured the best way to die would be during sex. You'd die the happiest damn guy in the whole damn world.
Lissa: Too bad that's not how you're going to die.
Trey: And if you die in the middle, you don't have to deal with the awkward morning after. "Oh, yes, it was lovely dear" and all that.
Sloane: I usually leave before she wakes up.
Lissa: *to Ryan* How did we get stuck working with man sluts?
Ryan: *to Sloane* You are such a bastard.
Sloane: Thank you.
Trey: I wish I could leave before they wake up...But I always feel bad!
Sloane: See, your problem is you're too nice. You do that whole chivalry thing. Just throw your morales and your conscience out the window, and you're set for life.
Trey: I could do that, but I'm so much better at the heroic thing.
Lissa: Yeah, because forgetting whether or not you slept with someone and then lying about is definitely chivalric.
Trey: I'm sure I enjoyed it very much, Lissa.
Lissa: That's not the problem, Sword Boy, your problem is the forgetting and lying.
Trey: *grins* Oh, you liked it too.
Lissa: *blush* I'm not saying that!
Ryan: There's really not much you can say to stop the humiliation, Lissa.
Lissa: *very red* But - but - that wasn't the point..
Ryan: *to Sloane* You know, I'm starting to think that maybe you're the one who is so damn attracted to me. Why else would you try and convince me that you're so irresistible?
Sloane: Who in their right mind would be attracted to a scrawy little shit like you?
Ryan: Lots of people!
Sloane: Uh-huh. Like those rich fucking pansies from back then? They only made out with you because they had limited options.
Ryan: I've never had any complaints before.
Sloane: They weren't allowed to go after the cute tight-assed peasant girls, so they settled for you.
Trey: I think short girls are cute. They're travel size!
Lissa: You can't talk to her like that, Sloane. At least she gets offers. I don't see you making out with anyone.
Sloane: I don't do it where everyone can see, Freckles. And I don't complain about it the next morning like you.
Lissa: That is totally different.
Sloane: I fail to see any difference.
Lissa: Well, it was your brilliant fucking idea for us all to drink.
Ryan: I still can't remember what happened...
Trey: Bit of lightweight, huh?
Sloane: I don't remember it being my idea. It was a general fucking consensus.
Ryan: I think you started it.
Lissa: He did start it.
Sloane: No way. You don't remember shit from that night, anyway, so neither of you can talk.
Lissa; That much I remember.
Sloane: You just want me to feel guilty. But I don't.
Lissa: Blaming Sloane is something that's hard to forget, so no.
Trey: So, Sloane, does the bad boy thing work really well? I want to keep my options open.
Sloane: Between you and me, the bad boy thing gets you the bad girls. They like to experiment, you know? Doesn't get boring, let me tell you.
Trey: *perks up* Really?
Sloane: Definitely.
Trey: How does it work? Do you just insult them, and then you're in bed together?
Lissa: I can't believe we have to listen to this shit...
Ryan: Couple of princes, we've got here.
Sloane: Nah, it's the suggestive dirty talk at the bar, mostly.
Trey: Show me! I would love to watch you work.
Sloane: *looks around the bar* It's no good, man. All the girls in here are the goody-two-shoes type. They don't go for the bad guys.
Trey: What about Ryan?
Sloane: She's too far below my standards.
Ryan: You have standards?
Lissa: *claps*
Sloane: Yeah, they're ridiculously low. But they're there.
Ryan: You mean, if it breathes, it's fair game?
Sloane: Mostly. But I don't do the fat-n-ugly thing. So, it rules you out instantly.
Ryan: Oh, you're one to talk about being ugly.
Sloane: I keep telling ya, I'm the sexiest damn thing you're ever gonna see.
Lissa: You keep telling her, she's never gonna listen.
Ryan: I've been with boys who didn't know where to put anything, and even they are sexier than you.
Sloane: Fuckit. There's no comparison. They were all the goody-goodies. You've never been with the bad guy type. It's a completely different experience entirely.
Ryan: You're all the same in the dark.
Lissa: *laughs into her hands*
Trey: I resent that!
Lissa: Hey, she's got a point.
Sloane: No way! You've only been with prepubescent rich brats, so you don't know what a real man's like.
Ryan: Oh, you have a real man to introduce me to? Where is he?
Sloane: I'm fucking tired of you, you know that? Don't know a good thing when you see one. I'm the opporunity if your whole fucking life, and you don't give a shit.
Ryan: Even if I was attracted to you, which I'm not, you have already made it perfectly clear that I am not worth the effort.
Sloane: Damn straight you're not. Definitely not worth it.
Ryan: Then what the fuck is your point? It's not like you're offering to sleep with me.
Trey: *whispers to Lissa* They like each other a lot.
Sloane: I'm not gonna go out of my way, but the offer's always open. For Freckles, too, but I think she'd kill me first.
Lissa: *to Trey* It's so obvious, it's sad. And yes, I would.
Sloane: See? My point exactly.
Ryan: I can't believe you. You hate me, but you'd still sleep with me?
Sloane: Hate your fucking guts. Never hated anyone more.
Trey: You obviously find her a little attractive, man.
Sloane: Well, she's got boobs. That means she's at least a little attractive. I mean, you know what a good rack does for an ugly face.
Lissa: Can you say "Pig"?
Ryan: Can we stop talking about my boobs, now?

Letho
11-03-06, 05:59 PM
I love how you always get that Sanoe's half-bored, half-annoyed bitchy look come out perfect. Ryan's body is very nicely done, but I think the face needs a tiny retouch or something. The moster is wicked. :)

Empyrean
11-04-06, 12:38 PM
Did you click on the little enlarge button thing in the corner? Then Ryan's face should look more normal. For some reason Photobucket minimizes the picture.

Thanks. Making Sanoë look like that is turning into an art, because its so damn hard. :)

Gadgeteer Mikami
11-06-06, 04:37 AM
Uh oh. Tentacles... *shivers*

Wow, those characters are so great! I don't know if Master Raven can compete with you when it comes to realizm. That and he is bad with minute details. :p

Empyrean
11-08-06, 10:53 AM
Details are my thing, man. :D

Since I'm obviously not gonna get to posting the requests before I leave for Chicago....here's some other stuff, not all by me.

This is mostly stuff that's come out of that RP 'm doing with my two friends...yes, you have to enlarge the pictures.

Here's one of them I drew as Peter Pan (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/Tams_Pics/DSPan.jpg). Long story.
Here's Sloane (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/shira-chan/sloane.jpg), Trey (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/shira-chan/trey.jpg), and Lissa (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/shira-chan/Lissa.jpg), the three other characters next to Ryan that we play. I didn't draw any of them, though I helped design Trey and Lissa. My genius friend Sarah drew them, but hey, as long as it entertains you guys. :)
The redhead is Lissa, by the way, the one that I play. Yah, I'm biased.

Okay, guys, requests should be up by this weekend. *hopes*

Rabhya
12-12-06, 11:53 PM
Okay, guys, requests should be up by this weekend. *hopes*

I am such a liar sometimes. -__-

Requests are still coming full force. That's not a lie.

Anyhow, I did a variant cover for my friend Sarah's fan comic, so here it is. She did the coloring, though. Before she fixed it up, it looked pretty crappy. ^^;
Second is my character, Lissa, in a rare dressed-up scene from my non-Althanas RP.