PDA

View Full Version : Please... answer this...

Graphic Description
10-02-07, 10:18 PM
Are we allowed to have more than one character? If so, do we make separate accounts for them, or can two characters share an account?

Just wondering...

Elijah_Morendale
10-02-07, 10:21 PM
Yes and yes.

You can have as many accounts as you want tied to one email addy, though.

Graphic Description
10-02-07, 10:22 PM
THANK YOU.

I'm so glad to know.

Anila
10-03-07, 09:59 AM
You're allowed to have as many as you like, otherwise a friend of mine is in serious violation, lol.

And sometimes you can have two characters tied to one account, but it ties them pretty tightly to each other.

Xos
10-03-07, 04:59 PM
You're allowed to have as many as you like, otherwise a friend of mine is in serious violation, lol.

And sometimes you can have two characters tied to one account, but it ties them pretty tightly to each other.

Oh, good, because at level 5, one of my characters becomes two characters. Literally, he just, like, splits down the middle and becomes two people. There's more to it than that of course, but I don't want to tell anyone about it right now, partially because I don't yet have that scene finallized in my mind. He may not even split down the middle.

And, yes, they will be pretty closely tied with one another. In fact, at least for the first few levels, what happens to one, effects the other, directly.

Lets say one is in Corone, one is far away in Alerar. If someone thrusts a spear into the one in Corone at the citadel, and thrusts it in far enough, it will come out of the back of the other one in Alerar, that's how closely tied they are at first.

Karuka
10-03-07, 07:46 PM
Oh, good, because at level 5, one of my characters becomes two characters. Literally, he just, like, splits down the middle and becomes two people. There's more to it than that of course, but I don't want to tell anyone about it right now, partially because I don't yet have that scene finallized in my mind. He may not even split down the middle.

And, yes, they will be pretty closely tied with one another. In fact, at least for the first few levels, what happens to one, effects the other, directly.

Lets say one is in Corone, one is far away in Alerar. If someone thrusts a spear into the one in Corone at the citadel, and thrusts it in far enough, it will come out of the back of the other one in Alerar, that's how closely tied they are at first.

Umm...I don't quite know how that one would work. You'd have to see when you get there.

Whiteshadow
10-03-07, 08:37 PM
Ouch. Sounds like a dangerous life.

Letho
10-04-07, 09:29 AM
Umm...I don't quite know how that one would work. You'd have to see when you get there.I think that in such a case, when a player wants to make two completely separate characters (with separate accounts) out of one, the experience is split in half. So Xos's two characters would have to be level 3 both. Of course, the profiles would have to be changed accordingly, since they would be weaker then the one level 5 character.

I'd rather suggest that you don't make separate accounts, Xos. It's needless mess, in my opinion. Add the "twin" dude as the second character to your profile instead, weaken them both and write the story without having to deal with account switching, EXP splitting and whatnot. That's what I would do.

AdventWings
10-04-07, 09:38 AM
Wouldn't you rather go with the same pattern as Seth/Sarah Dahlios split?

Let's ask Dissinger on that, shall we? :p

Xos
10-04-07, 02:27 PM
I think that in such a case, when a player wants to make two completely separate characters (with separate accounts) out of one, the experience is split in half. So Xos's two characters would have to be level 3 both. Of course, the profiles would have to be changed accordingly, since they would be weaker then the one level 5 character.

I'd rather suggest that you don't make separate accounts, Xos. It's needless mess, in my opinion. Add the "twin" dude as the second character to your profile instead, weaken them both and write the story without having to deal with account switching, EXP splitting and whatnot. That's what I would do.

Letho, that's what I was going to do. Keep them both on the same account, which is why I was so relived to hear Karuka say that you can have two characters on the same account. It'll be really interesting to see once he gets up there.

As for the whole sword bit, that may have been a bit of an exageration, but again, when it comes time to split him, I'll have it worked out enough to make sense when I go in for the level 5 update.

AdventWings
10-05-07, 03:44 AM
Well, when you have both characters in the same account, usually they're just...

More or less attached by the waist. Figuratively...

In other words, wherever one goes, the other goes as well. Unless forcibly separated. Or something.

The sharing of effects and injuries, though, that's a bit more of a special case. Talk to Dissinger on that one, since he's the first to successfully survive a Character Split.

:p

Sirrus
10-05-07, 09:01 PM

Hmm, I wonder how eating works...? :rolleyes:

Xos
10-06-07, 11:33 AM
Hmm, I wonder how eating works...? :rolleyes:

You don't wanna know, trust me.

Rok the Blade
10-06-07, 12:02 PM
I could venture a guess! But I won't post it here... Too graphic...

I'm going to sort of "split" my other character into two. Well, i'm just going to make a new account with a very important character in his storyline. If that made any sense...

Seth_Rahl
10-06-07, 12:20 PM
Huh? *blinks* Which one?

Rok the Blade
10-06-07, 12:25 PM
Val'Rysn and Etre'si.

Seth_Rahl
10-06-07, 12:27 PM
Ah. Interesting. *blinks again* And how are you gonna do that again...?

Graphic Description
10-19-07, 02:43 PM
I'm going to make two completely different characters that I don't want tied in any way. Should I make two accounts or share one?

Slayer of the Rot
10-19-07, 02:45 PM
Make two accounts.