PDA

View Full Version : A coat and some useful writing utensils.

Opening Title
10-03-07, 04:41 PM
It was a multi-purpose tent, which suited him nicely. Not so multi-purpose as in selling everything under the sun, but with a wide enough selection that the possibility of leaving the bazaar a few hours earlier than planned was quite distinct.

Hayashi stepped inside, thoroughly soaked from the down pouring of rain that had decided to chase away all save the must resolute of shoppers that morning. He disliked getting this wet while still clothed, but his purchases could not wait.

The inside of the tent was spacious, the floor uncovered and soft with dampened soil. There were various racks settled around the place selling wrapped and canned food and empty canteens. On the opposite side were several coats of similar make, dark green-tan and warm-looking with wide hoods lined with animal hide. He pulled one off the rack and admired it. Perfect. My old cloak's getting a bit on the worn side, anyway. He needed something durable and waterproof like this for his trip into the wilds of Salvar...

Coat slung over the crook of his arm, he padded over to the desk in the back corner and set the coat down on top of it. Instead of a bell, there was a bronze triangle on a stand. With a small smile he picked up the attached wand and rang "shave and a haircut". The light, clear notes rang forth among the soft patting of raindrops on the yellow canvas above. As he waited for service, he noticed a cup of charcoal sticks situated on the side of the desk. On each stick's paper wrapping was scribed the words, "Shop at Myriah's" in spidery white lettering. Knowing he was in dire need of more writing utensils for his sudoku, Hayashi took three of them and placed them on the coat.

Moonlit Raven
10-04-07, 09:46 PM
From the back of the tent a muffled thump was heard.

"I'm coming!" A woman's voice called, after wards a low torrent of words drifted through the cloth. A matronly looking woman stepped out, she straightened her dress and smiled.

"Good afternoon, I'm Erin. Sorry about that, the sound of rain always lulls me to sleep. Anywho, let me look over what you've got there, shall I?" Erin cut off the stream of words and offered her customer a smile before checking over the items.

Opening Title
10-04-07, 11:12 PM
Resisting the urge to be a smart alec and ask after the whereabouts of Myriah, the covered man nodded, his returning smile obvious even though his eyes were just about the only things you could see. "Great jacket," he remarked, pulling out the pouch he kept his cash in. "I have about 500 on me. Hope that'll do..."

Moonlit Raven
10-08-07, 04:37 AM
"Let me see... ah vlince exterior. What a wonderful material, very resistant to puncturing and the color will look quite dashing on you. Plain hide lining in the hood." The stream of words trickled to a end once more and Erin smiled pleasantly at the man.

"The coat will be 350 gold, the charcoal sticks are 5 gold a piece. Is there anything else you are interested in looking at or will this be all?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Opening Title
10-11-07, 10:51 AM
"Uh..." He side-stepped and snatched a packet of delicious dried apricots from the shelf nearby. "Just this, please. And thank you." At least his blush had disappeared, from when she had complimented him.

Is okay...anyway, now it's my turn to apologise. ^^;;

Moonlit Raven
10-11-07, 04:12 PM
"Sorry if I embarrassed you. I have the habit of chattering away with out thought. I bet I could chat the ear off of a snail. Eh, there I go again, best to stop myself before I get on a roll.' Erin tittered cheerfully. 'Your total comes out to 345 gold, dearie."

Lol, don't let it happen again. Next time I'll lick you as a punishment for the delay. =P

Opening Title
10-15-07, 11:26 AM
"Right on. Here ya go..." He chuckled, handing over the loot,which had managed to become swathed in cat hair like much the rest of his clothing. Hayashi quickly brushed it off with a muttered 'oops' before retracting his hand back into it's pocket. The hand quickly emerged again to brush the hair he had removed from the payment off her desk and onto the ground.

Damn it, there went the blush again...curse his infernally pale skin!

:P

Moonlit Raven
10-16-07, 10:33 PM
Such a nice young man. The matronly woman thought. Erin chuckled, the creases around her eyes, gained from smiling so often, deepened slightly as her bright blue eyes gleamed in amusement.

Erin carelessly swept the gold over the edge of the counter into the lockable box that rested in the ground .

"I think we're all done here my dear. You come back anytime you need anything."

Transaction complete. Opening Title loses 345 gold and gains 100EXP for good IC interactions.