PDA

View Full Version : Before I Create My Character...

DullMind
10-06-07, 01:15 PM
I have a few questions.

1) How many characters are we alowed, and if more then one, must they be seperate accounts?

2) Is there any place where I can view statistics for the races? Like how old a Dwarf lives, ect...

3) How does character advancment work? And can someone just explain a little on aquiring equipment and transactions?

Finaly, this looks like a nifty site, and I'm looking forward to RPing here.

Addarmus Gaith
10-06-07, 01:19 PM
As many as you want - Yes, seperate accounts.

Not that I know of.

Through quests and battles, getting EXP and other stuff. - You earn gold for battles and quests, this can then be spent on equipment, but also, you can gain equipment in quests and as long as such items aren't far too over powered, you will acquire them as spoils at the quest judgement.

Althanas is great, everyone else will probably post more info than me, I have a strong knowledge of the Bazaar though, so if you have any questions about that, just PM me. ^_^

DullMind
10-06-07, 01:22 PM
Ahh, many thanks, my good man! I'll be sure to formulate a PM for you.

Rok the Blade
10-06-07, 01:28 PM
Dull, you are free to make any character and have them live any way you want. You can even make up your own race, as long as it's sort of within the realm of reality. Not like, a hulking half-god that stands at 40ft. tall or anything. For the most part, just use your general knowledge of the races, like a dwarf might be a hearty ale-guzzling, axe-wielding barbarian. Or he could be an alchemist! Or maybe even a smithy.... In Althanas, you're the boss(in most cases).

As for acquiring new equipment, there are several ways. One, you can head on over to the Bazaar, which is a section where you post and RP ICly as your character and like say "Freddy walks into the bazaar, goes to the weapon shop and asks the shopkeeper for a cool weapon". Of course, you will be doing a much, much better job than that. For examples, go and see the Bazaar for youself.

And also, you can request pretty much anything as a spoil from a quest. As long as it is believable. Ya'know, you won't go on a quest to like some alchemists store, say you pick up an herb then request a diamond at the end. But the judge may or may not allow you that spoil, it all depends.

Also yes, as Addarmus already said, you can make as many characters as you want. But you have to make seperate accounts for each one. NOW, you CAN also make two characters for one account, say if you have a brother and sister who travel together, you can make a profile for both characters on that account, but of course then that would sort of mean you have to keep them relatively close. Not have the brother fighting some orc in Salvar and the sister having sex in Corone. Unless force seperates them, of course.

Hope this helps, i'm sure someone might be able to elaborate more than I could.

DullMind
10-06-07, 02:00 PM
Thank you, Rok, I just have one more question. What is the 'Rating' of this site. IE, what can I expect to find in threads, graphic sex(I hope not), explicit violence(I hope so! :) ) ect...

Rok the Blade
10-06-07, 02:11 PM
Personally? I think this is one of the best sites you'll find out there. We're all friendly, and it permits great fun as well as writing improvement.

Althanas does not censor much, if anything. Though, I don't think that you'll find detailed descriptions of people having sex. Blood and gore is welcome. I enjoy severing some heads once and a while and watch as the blood spurts out, hehe...

Swearing is also allowed, though don't overdo it like saying 'fuck' 50x in one post.

DullMind
10-06-07, 02:16 PM
Personally? I think this is one of the best sites you'll find out there. We're all friendly, and it permits great fun as well as writing improvement.
Indeed, I'm already finding myself at home here.

Althanas does not censor much, if anything. Though, I don't think that you'll find detailed descriptions of people having sex.
Well, that is a relief, and I'm glad censoring isn't big. It realy deters from the full potential of a writer if he is censored.

Blood and gore is welcome. I enjoy severing some heads once and a while and watch as the blood spurts out, hehe...
Truly, who doesn't?

Swearing is also allowed, though don't overdo it like saying 'fuck' 50x in one post.
Keep it fitting and tastefull, as much as swearing can be. Gotcha!

Gem
10-06-07, 03:37 PM
Dull, you are free to make any character and have them live any way you want. You can even make up your own race, as long as it's sort of within the realm of reality. Not like, a hulking half-god that stands at 40ft. tall or anything. For the most part, just use your general knowledge of the races, like a dwarf might be a hearty ale-guzzling, axe-wielding barbarian. Or he could be an alchemist! Or maybe even a smithy.... In Althanas, you're the boss(in most cases).

This is a created race, by the way. when I noticed this post, I thought I would give you an example of one.

But, yeah, have fun.

PS: I have around 12 different characters, so don't be afraid to create as many usernames as you want.

Skie and Avery
10-06-07, 05:38 PM
NOW, you CAN also make two characters for one account, say if you have a brother and sister who travel together, you can make a profile for both characters on that account, but of course then that would sort of mean you have to keep them relatively close. Not have the brother fighting some orc in Salvar and the sister having sex in Corone. Unless force seperates them, of course.

Hope this helps, i'm sure someone might be able to elaborate more than I could.

This is totally untrue. Skie's in Raiaera/Under the Sea at the moment, and Avery is moving from Corone to Dheathain for a few. When they were NPCs for the first character on this account, they stayed together all the time, but pretty much from the moment she died, the two children began to forge their own stories, separate from each other. When it comes to two characters on one account, the only thing you need to consider is linking the stories and histories and futures. When it comes to the filler locations, anything goes.

Rok the Blade
10-06-07, 08:16 PM
When they were NPCs for the first character on this account, they stayed together all the time

Indeed, as it should be in most cases. I never said it had to be like that, though.

but pretty much from the moment she died

Isn't death a seperative force? That would still go hand-in-hand with what I said. Meh, maybe I am wrong, i've been known as the dumbass.

Green is the new black.
10-06-07, 08:22 PM
the brother fighting some orc in Salvar

*waves*

Erirag the Poet
10-06-07, 11:11 PM
Orun....let's make hot orcish love.

Seth_Rahl
10-06-07, 11:41 PM
o.0 Kinky and intriguing. I"ll follow you two and bring a video camera for my personal enjoyment. ^^'

Siren
10-07-07, 12:55 PM
Orun....let's make hot orcish love.

I already have my claws in him, Eri. Mwahaha.

Anyway, answering the "rating" question...

Generally, we prefer to keep it PG-13 -- kids DO roam the internets, after all. If it's gonna get graphically sexy, the first poster will generally put in a heads up in their post.

Sighter Tnailog
10-07-07, 12:58 PM
I think she's talking about a different sort of death here, and if we start playing games with the idea of force we'll make Simone Weil cry.