One Wool Blanket
One Bed Roll
One Hunting Knife
One Hunting Bow
One Quiver with Twenty Arrows
One Set of Adventuring Clothes
Three Hunting Snares
One Single Man Tent

The list seemed complete, Geoffrey reasoned as he moved through the crowded Bazaar, keeping a close watch on his money pouch. He knew very well the thievery that goes on daily in the crowded streets of the Bazaar. Placing the list back into his pocket, Geoffrey turned his attention to the various stores and venders all around him. Where should he begin? He wondered, as he moved through the crowds. It seemed more then not these stores were the kind to sell exotic materials, far out of Geoffrey's price range. For a good hour, he roamed the streets, until he came across a quaint little store.

Entering the store, Geoffrey was met with a swelling of dust. Taking a deep breath, he hacked. Looking around the store, Geoffrey noted the array of equipment lining the walls. Light filtered in through the curtained windows, lighting the dust in great rays of light. The floor boards were well worn, and more then one creaked when Geoffrey's boot happend upon it. Making sure, once more, that his list was complete, he made his way to the back desk.

He waited for about three minutes, and when no one came out from the back, he voiced: "Excuse me? Is anyone here?"

Moonlit Raven
10-08-07, 05:24 AM
A crash from the back greeted the man's call. A moment later a matronly woman hurried out from the back room.

"Good gracious, you gave me a start, dearie. I was in the back indulging in lunch and a cup of tea. Oh, excuse me, where has my brain gone? I'm Erin, a pleasure you meet you love. Now, what can I do for you?" Erin smiled at the man, her hands folded and hidden neatly beneath the pristine white apron she wore over her jade dress.

"Oh! Could I offer you a nice cup of tea or a cookie? They are freshly baked." Chattering to herself Erin hurried off into the back room. She returned bearing a tray laden with a china tea pot and cups and a plate over flowing with cookies. Setting the tray on the counter she turned back to her customer.

"The silent type are you? A cup of tea will perk you right up. Don't be shy. Come right over here and help yourself. You can also tell me what is it you are seeking." Erin brushed away a graying lock of hair as she chattered and smiled.

DullMind
10-08-07, 11:32 AM
Geoffrey tried to speak, but all that seemed to issue forth was "Uhm, uhh." The women was so insesently scater brained he couldn't follow. He was about to decline her offer for tea and cookie, but before he could say or do anything, she was gone, returning with a kettle of black tea and a plate of cookies. Nodding his thanks, he decided it would be best to accept this lady's offer. Taking a small cup and the pot of tea, noting the gay* colours and florel design, he poured a small bit, before adding some sugar from a matching sugar tin. Setting it down, he rumaged through his pockets until he came to his list. Looking it over again, he decided it was adequate for now.

In between sips of tea and cookie, he explained what he was looking for: “Yes, I’m looking for a number of things. One adventuring pack; fairly large, durable. One set of flint and steel, three torches, one wool blanket, one bed roll, one hunting knife; preferably one that can skin a deer without much problem. A hunting bow; Nothing fancy, just something to catch my food with, one quiver with thirty arrows, one set of adventuring clothes; Traveling cloak, skin slacks, and so on. Three hunting snares, and one single man tent.” He finished, before handing her the list also, she seemed to be the type to forget such details, he reasoned.

Pouring some more tea for himself, Geoffrey smiled at the lady before drinking. It was quite good, indeed. “I thank you for the tea and cookie, madam.”

*This is in no way used in the slang form. It is the expression of bright or showy objects.

Moonlit Raven
10-09-07, 02:32 PM
No offense taken. Any writer worth his or her salt would know that gay originally meant "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy.

Erin clucked her tongue at the list the man handed her. Patting his shoulder as she passed she spent several minutes scurrying around her shop, hunting down the items on the list. When the items were setting in a neat pile on a small table off to the side she came back to the coutner.

"Lest see, the pack is 100 gold, flint and steel 10 gold, the torches are 5 gold each. The wool blanket 35 gold, a bed roll in vlince is 100 gold. You could get one in cotton for 75 gold but vlince is very resistant to puncturing. It's such a lovely material." Erin lightly fingered the sturdy material of the bed roll lying on the table.

"Now, where was I? Oh yes, a hunting knife 30 gold for steel. If you want a bow made of oak, well it depends did you want a short or long bow? The short is 50 gold and the long bow is 100 gold. A quiver is 30 gold and arrows are 2 gold each. A set of clothing is 80 gold, the cloak 110 gold. Is that it?" Erin shuffled the items around on the table, tickling them away aloud as she moved each item.

"Here we go. I knew I was missing some items.' Erin smiled at the man cheerfully. 'The tent is 180 gold and the snares are 35 gold each. All together that comes out to 855 gold minus the cost of the bow. I still need to add that in when you have decided which type you would like."

DullMind
10-09-07, 05:04 PM
Geoffrey gaped at the price. Then he reminded himself he was in the Bazaar, nothing was ever cheap here... "Not enough money." He grumbled to himself as he looked over the items, what could he forgoe? It was a tough desicion, he was heading into the woods and he needed these items. After a good while, he spoke.

"I'll take the pack, flint, all the torches... the blanket, knife, the short bow, quiver and twenty arrows... and, one snare. The canopy of the trees are thick this time of year, I should be able to find some shelter of sorts." It was cutting short, his limited funds already comming dangerously empty. No matter, hopefully he would be able to accomplish what he set out to do with out those few items. "I believe that comes to... 345 gold?"

Moonlit Raven
10-11-07, 04:24 PM
Erin followed his words and did a quick tally. She nodded and smiled.

"Right you are dearie. I'm ever so glad to see that you know your numbers. I see so many poor souls that come through that never got schooled. Breaks my heart." Erin's smiled dimmed for a moment before she shook off the thought and regained her smile.

DullMind
10-13-07, 06:09 PM
"To many people indeed." Geoffrey mumbled absent mindedly. His mind was now onto the next step in his plans, and the little attention he gave the woman simply nodded. Gathering the coins together, he counted them, then counted them once more. He did not want to be jipped. "345 gold." He said, placing the coins neatly onto the dusty countertop.

Giving the lady a moment to gather the things, he took the chance to peruse the store. It was truly interesting. Along the wall to his left was lined every possible weapon, price tags hanging off each one. The wall oposite was lined with the supplies so crucial to an adventurer. Geoffrey found he could easily pass the time here, the weapons shining in the dust-filtered rays of sun, the long shadows crawling along the ground, only to be smothered by candle light comming from the back room.

Figuring it had been plenty of time for the lady to have gathered the requested items, Geoffrey made his way back to the counter.

Moonlit Raven
10-13-07, 10:18 PM
Erin clucked her tongue and started putting away the items her customer could get at the moment. Seeing the man heading for the counter Erin hastily grabbed the items left on the small table and set them on the counter.

"There we are. Now you remember to come back when you need something else, alright?" Erin swept the coins into a pouch and laid it on a shelf under the counter.

DullMind
10-14-07, 05:05 PM
"I'll be sure to return when fate dictates it." He replied, gathering the equipment, and placing it within the confines of his pack. The pack in question was surprisingly large, and there was still a large empty space. Shouldering the pack absently, he nodded to the woman as he turned to the door. Opening it, he was forced to shield his eyes from the harsh glow of the sun. "Thank you." He called before stepping out into the street, melding into the crowd.

Moonlit Raven
10-16-07, 10:21 PM
Erin waved a cheerful goodbye before stepping out behind her counter. She clucked her tongue as she looked around.

"Goodness, I need to dust."

Transaction complete. DullMind loses 345 gold and gains 50 EXP for IC interactions.