PDA

View Full Version : Liquid time question

Viola Darkstalker
10-07-07, 10:30 PM
My character is currently blind, and while this is a fun and interesting trait to play, it limits what can be done in anything resembling a battle scenario. Since she is currently en-route to regaining her sight, would liquid time allow for playing her without her blindness in other threads or would I have to wait until the profile update (most likely mid-level) before doing so?

Sighter Tnailog
10-08-07, 12:27 AM
I would wait for her to regain her sight in a thread, then you can start playing with her having sight. No need to profile update, just make sure you've earned the regained sight first.

It's generally more acceptable to liquid time back than it is to liquid time forward. The exception is if the forward movement doesn't really grant you new abilities but merely puts you at a different point in your storyline. I'd think that getting your sight back would be something along the line of a granted new ability, and so you shouldn't use liquid time to your advantage that way.

Viola Darkstalker
10-08-07, 12:50 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the response.

Sighter Tnailog
10-08-07, 06:40 AM
Another option could be to fast-forward her to a time where she has sight, but have that quest be the one where she regains it, and you can show how she regained sight in a series of flashbacks. Sort of like a frame story in two time periods, it would be an interesting way to proceed.