PDA

View Full Version : Diner, Dancing, Death and Destruction

Reiko
05-02-06, 01:26 PM
(closed)

Now this was luxury, a hot steaming bath large enough to be shared by dozen people was used only by two fox girls. Kit couldn’t help but smile as she looked to the serene face of her daughter with the fox ears standing up on their natural position and her pretty blue hair clinging to her pale skin. No matter how beautiful and womanly Inari looked she would always be Kit’s little girl but still she had grown up too fast and Kit barely seen her daughter as the child that she really was.

Now she’s going to help me kill a man and destroy a family’s wealth. Kadenzaa shook her head as she caressed herself to wash the dirt away then look at the oils. “Hmm which would make my little girl smell most like a exotic princess?” Kit asked her self as she smelled each scent.

“Hmm? Mommy?” Inari stirred as her sapphire eye opened and met with Kit’s violet eyes.

“Well I just need you to smell the part.” Kadenzaa smiled at her daughter and poured a couple of nice smelling oils in the bath and some in her hand but not knowing what they were called as she approached Inari. “Just rub some on your skin and you’ll get a nice subtle scent.” Kit began to massage the scents into her child who started giggling.

“That tickles.” Inari smiled as she started to retaliate and moved her fingers over Kit’s belly.

“hey! this is important we have you smelling right.” Kit giggled a little but kept at her work in getting the scent in her daughter. ”All right, all done!” Kit chirped in victory as she stepped out of the bath and grabbed a towel to dry her dripping body. “get yourself dry and try on some clothes I set out for you.”

“you look beautiful, hun.” Kit said to Inari who was blushing as she exited the bath wearing a silver elfin gown that had patterns in gold though the dress showed more cleavage than the young vixen was used to show in public. She sorta felt like it was the time after she used a spell that made her this age from a child and Kit had to sneak her into a clothing shop in nothing more than a towel. Her blue hair was tied into a tail that was held by a chain that appeared silver and a necklace with a sapphire fox rested right over her heart.

“I dunno…” Inari chirped embarrassed by the new clothing that she wasn’t used to.

“You look great! I wish I could have a dress like that.” Kit smiled as she scratched Inari’s ear.

“yes, you look wonderful.” An old merchant appeared with a warm smile under his whiskers. “I never had seen a girl carry one of those dresses as well as you do.” The man bowed. “please have a seat while we wait for your ‘husband.’” The merchant led the two girls to sit down.

“Thank you Vincent ” Kit bowed before she led her daughter to her seat.

Kadenzaa started to get worried again now she no longer kept busy with making her child beautiful. Her daughter and her were going to enter a party as a wife and her bodyguard with a husband who was a stranger. They were going to enjoy the party and do some damage for vengeance for the merchant’s lost child. Not all she could do was wait for Inari’s fake husband.

Lisean
05-02-06, 06:38 PM
Never, in a million years, would Lisean find himself being treated so highly. The idea of taking this merchant’s favor into mind wasn’t sounding so bad now. The reward was unknown, but the opportunities the necromancer yearned for all were to soon let their very doors open, inviting him into the world. More or less, he was loving the sound of it, for a change.

Whilst his co-workers, whom he had yet meet were preparing, he was doing the same. With how long they had occupied the tub for upstairs, Lisean was pleased to have bathed first. The selection of outfits mostly made him sick to his stomach. Why? Because they had color. Bright colors. Gold, silver, red, you name it. Sometimes, it made the man question if this party was one of those he had heard about back in his old kingdom. The costume ball.. which involved ceremonial dance. If so, he felt doomed. Just another thing he had yet to learn. The festive music was already ringing through his ears. Alas, the night would never end, consisting of many laughs and smiles.

A more suitable reason to burn it all to the ground…

A sigh of relief overwhelmed Lisean when he had finally discovered some hope in the clothing the merchant carried. Black and white. A small, almost radiating smile crept up the corners of his lips for only a moment as he pulled the garb out for closer inspection. Perhaps, it would do. Setting it aside, Lisean continued his search, just in case there was a better fit. None. Satisfied with his findings, he folded the clothes over his arm, and wandered up to his temporary room to change.

At long last, the sun had finally begun to set. Just in time for Lisean to take his leave, and finally meet the ones who would be joining him on assignment. All he was told of them by the merchant was that they were ‘different’. Sounded already like he would already fit in just fine. He considered himself that misfit in school. What had he worry about? He was different. No contest there.

Closing the door behind him as he stepped out, he could not help but to glance down at his outfit, for it just bedazzled him. If he could, he’d keep the garb, and wear it on those special occasions. Maybe even everyday. Black unwrinkled pants fell evenly down his legs, meeting his black dress shoes. His black coat felt similar to the one he usually wore, except the tail only fell to the back of his knees, rather than inches from the ground. He wore it unbuttoned, revealing a white silk button-up shirt that fit like a glove around his chest and abdomen. A fashionable bonnet was worn around the neckline, also white. To make himself pull off the gentleman impression, Lisean brushed his hair back behind his ears, letting it run like a river down his back. It was still a little wet, which made the violet only stand out in light. He knew it’d dry long before they reached the gathering, anyway. It felt sort of odd to not have those bangs over his eyes to brush aside every five seconds, but he thought he could live without them for one night.

“Ah, there you are,” a voice came from behind, causing the necromancer to turn around and meet the eyes of the one whom he was working for. The man smiled, and walked over to Lisean, inspecting him thoroughly. “Marvelous,” the merchant said under his tongue. “Just remember, it’s all in the posture, friend.” Lisean closed his eyes for a moment, lowering his head in understand as he quickly adjusted, standing up nice and tall.

“I won’t ever understand a nobleman’s body language..” he murmured faintly, almost in a whisper as he adjusted the cuffs on his sleeves that ran down just past his knuckles, cut at the side to make room for his thumbs to move about freely.

“Come! Your ‘family’ is waiting for you,” the merchant pronounced, resisting the urge to chuckle at the mock accent he took in his voice. Lisean sighed, and followed Vincent downstairs. Talk about an excruciating moment. The first time he’d get to meet a woman and her child, and maybe after approximately five minutes of chatting he’d have to pose as a member of their family. Another family.

Something he looked forward to.

At the foot of the stairs, Lisean caught his breath, and moved back into posture before continuing to follow Vincent to the other end of the room. His salmon-pink eyes met the two before he himself did. He couldn’t even find what made them so different until he finally stopped to stand next to the chair the merchant had saved for him. He slowly blinked twice at the sight of the ears. Different.. but something Lisean almost immediately found himself infatuated by. A small smile greeted the two ladies, as he cautiously took a seat next to the older of the two. Being a true gentleman was definitely not in his specialty. Hell.. he didn’t even know how to treat a lady, let alone be a husband. Lisean found it rather embarrassing to know that this, though it may be a fake relationship, was still his first altogether.

Pulling the chair in a bit, Lisean couldn’t find the words to actually say his hellos. He was more-so wondering if Vincent had anything else to say before the mission was well under way. The necromancer sat up straight, hands folded over the table the group was sitting at. His lips were content at a casual small frown, but his eyes couldn’t ignore the urge to glance over at the woman he was sitting next to, meeting her again for just under a second every now and then.

Reiko
05-03-06, 12:55 PM
Dark, mysterious and hansom, Vincent must’ve gone overboard in picking this one. Kit couldn’t hold a smile as she liked the look of this stranger, he had a way that carried himself that made the vixen think he was more competent and that was what was most important.

One odd move was the man sat next to Kit and she wagged her three tails nervously, she wanted Inari to play the role of wife but looking at her little girl look at the man with surprise and her daughter’s look of confusion made one thing clear, maybe her child was too young and the mad could see it.

“Shouldn’t he sit next to me? Doesn’t her like me?” Inari whispered with worry and a feeling of rejection.

“No that’s not it, I guess you’re just too young for the part. He likes you but some people like older women.” Kadenzaa whispered to Inari as she kissed her child’s forehead and wrapped her three tails around her child’s one. “He likes you but it’s probably better for me to lay the wife, I have some experience.”

Vincent cleared his throat as he looked at the trio. “well you three know why you’re here. I’m hiring you to strike back at one of my enemies who have taken my only son from me and I don’t think he’s alive.” Vincent’s eyes started to tear up as he resisted from crying. “He was the only thing I had left from my late wife and I’d give anything to have him back. But I need to strike back for him and to keep the wolves away. I need lord Jacob Williams IV dead and I want his wealth destroyed, I don’t want him to continue his slavery business any more. His nasty business will end thanks to you. And I’ll pay you well. You know you are to infiltrate his birthday celebration as barbarian royalty and make sure you get the innocent slaves a way out when you burn down the building, the servants and other nobles can take care of themselves so you must deal with Jacob yourself.”

Kit nodded, nasty business this was and she regretted bringing her daughter into it but as long as her child was safe then all would be fine and if all went well there would be no problem at all. Kadenzaa looked to her new partner and play husband (she decided that she should be the wife) and smiled. “I’m Doji Kadenzaa and this is my child, Inari.” The vixen gently kissed the man on the cheek, being it would help the realism of the façade more than a shake of the hand.

“Uh miss Kadenzaa…” Vincent interrupted. “Do you really think you’re going to the party dressed like that.”

“Oh oops, I forgot to pick a dress for myself.” Kit was blushing and Inari giggled seeing her mother was still wearing her ratty kimono, the clothing was once fine but had been tattered through many adventure. “Come on Inari help me out.” Kit took her daughter back up to the dressing room to choose a dress.

*^*^*
Kadenzaa took several minutes until she was dressed and she still held a blush as she went down the stairs, it was so embarrassing to have forgotten such an important facet as looking the part. Still she had a shimmering red dress that matched her hair and tails that clung to her body down to her thighs wear it opened up a bit allow movements of the legs. The vixen wore no jewelry save for a light necklace that matched Inari’s but had a ruby instead of a sapphire. “I’m so sorry about that hun, are you ready to go?” Kit asked as she rejoined Linsean and her daughter followed down again.

Lisean
05-05-06, 04:57 PM
It was easily considered a no-brainer to Lisean when his eyes couldn’t help but overlook the two ladies talking amongst themselves that they were talking about their co-worker. A small frown fell upon his lips, and his head lowered upon the feeling gossip was already running amuck. Maybe I shouldn’t have come here.. he thought. Something in his gut wanted to throw him up from his seat and out the door, but Lisean resisted the urge. Rewards were not all that common for him. Plus, the feeling of actually being around others for once pleaded to give the two ladies a second chance. He closed his eyes momentarily, regaining his focus and smirking a bit, when he realized regardless of the tone of voice the youngest took, he could still hear each and every word they both were saying.

The necromancer listened intently to what Vincent had to say regarding the mission at hand. Every little detail he gave counted. Whatever information Lisean had to work with, he treasured. The chance to realize what lie ahead could best even the slimmest of odds. Of course, he didn’t really care for all the heartfelt bull the man was handing him, thinking they’d care about his story. Please.. maybe in another life where Lisean would actually become a father, and know what it felt like to lose his own flesh and blood he brought onto the earth, but not now. He shook his head to himself, seeing absolutely no need for the tears. He just didn’t understand. Saving the slaves held captive by this Jacob was his priority. He knew what it was like to be on the other end of the rope, and even he could only imagine it being worse than what he went through. It was bad enough to be treated like garbage, and be willing to adhere to it, but to be forced to become one’s dog disgusted Lisean.

All forms of life stood-still the moment Lisean felt his partner’s lips press lightly up against his cheek. His bottom lip curled into his mouth, and in no-time flat he had to restrain his teeth from nipping deep enough into his lip to bleed. His hands on the tabletop clenched themselves, and a new sort of desperation ran cold under his skin. Though it was a simple peck on the cheek, it was the first kiss Lisean had ever taken. Once the atmosphere around him returned to the way it should’ve been, and he finally had a grasp of reality, his lips parted to let a heavy sigh escape his lungs. His body shivered even as he attempted to speak.

“I-I.. I’m Lisean,” he said, almost in a very faint whisper, inaudible by Vincent. “Lisean Lemot.”

As the two women left the table to go finish up dressing the part, the necromancer was left casting his eyes astray from Vincent’s, gazing to no means end out the window. The merchant was not at all surprised with the way Lisean was acting. Out of the day or so he has known him, the man always remained silent. Most of what he ever wanted to say was locked away, and Lisean was just not used to spitting it out like most who had grown comfortable with speaking over the years. He could almost hear his father’s voice in his ears, screaming SHUT YOUR MOUTH! When the girls had returned, both Lisean and Vincent turned at the exact same time to immediately admire Doji’s dress. Of course, they had their own ways of expressing it on the outside. Vincent’s eyes widened with joy, and he seemed to almost gawk at her, while Lisean simply ran a single finger underneath his chin almost in thought, before giving her a smile and falling into her eyes.

“You look.. ravishing,” Lisean commented, slowly rising from his chair. Vincent walked over behind Doji, then in-between her and Inari, wrapping an arm over each of their shoulders.

“Oh, I knew this was gonna turn out fine from the moment I laid eyes on you three!” he exclaimed. “Please rid the world of he who has taken my son from me. I have faith in all of you.”

Faith. A word Lisean could not define in his own dictionary.

“I am ready to go,” Lisean said under his breath, ruining the moment Vincent had hoped to have captured. He calmly strode over to Doji, taking her left hand in his right. He smiled to her for only a second, before he bowed, and kissed the top of her hand lightly. He had seen noblemen doing this with their damsels during his stay overnight, and thought it as another barricade lifted from becoming everything some women hoped of him to be. He rose up, and stood tall, walking over to the front door and opening it for the two. He wavered a hand out the door, and let a gentle smile truly unmask the man hidden behind the shadow.

“After you, milady,” he spoke eloquently towards Inari and Doji, letting the words just roll off his tongue.

Reiko
05-06-06, 01:48 PM
It was almost funny to see Vincent’s mouth hit the floor when he saw Kit. It would be lying to say Kadenzaa didn’t like that reaction from people after such a long time of hiding her body behind a kimono and steel sword to put off people from thoughts of sexual desire with the vixen. But Kadenzaa was more comfortable now in showing a bit of skin of her form but still this new dress wasn’t going to be easy to conceal any weapon in it and all Kit could fit was a tanto tied to her upper leg where a person would be accused of being called a pervert for checking the spot.

Linsean seemed to have a more subtle reaction and one that Kit liked better. It was clear he liked what he saw in the three tailed fox girl but he also kept his cool demeanor and seemed to prove even further that he would be a perfect spy partner for Kit and would probably outshine her in the blending in part of the mission. HE certainly sounded like a gentleman with his comment

The merchant seemed to be overall joyous as the plan came so close to execution as he took the two kitsune girls in his arms. Inari giggled and Kit managed to blush a little from the surprise. “I think we should hold the celebration until we’re done.” Kit said as she slipped out of Vincent’s arms. Him and Lisean were opposites.

Lisean had smiled which made his face even more handsome; a smile seemed to be a rare thing on him. Kit smiled back when he bowed and kissed her hand and once the man rose she curtsied while holding her warm smile. “Alright lets go.” Kit led seeing that she was offered.

Salvar always had cold nights but at least it was summer and both Kit and Inari only had mild discomfort from the chill. Being summer the sun was still up but all the shops were closed, which Kit thanked when they passed by the slave market. The place was like a ghost town where a spook would chill a girl to her bones before moving on but it was better than during the day where sites and sounds that Kit would never want her daughter to hear.

“Only a slaver would live so close to this.” Kadenzaa found her self spitting the words.

“Mommy what wrong?” Inari held to her mother as she walked to keep warm.

“Nothing, lets try to act cheerful when we get to the party.” Kit flicked her three tails; it wasn’t going to be easy. The vixen remembered when she saw this place during the day and to see humans, elves and fellow furries displayed and humiliated.

Kit shook her head and looked to her new ‘husband.’ While it wasn’t a real marriage it was something that got her mind off of the thought of this place. “So what do you do normally? I’m a swordswoman for hire and Inari acts as a support for when I need some magic.” Kit smiled hoping to lighten the mood a little. It’d be best for the blending in to actually feel the joy of the party instead of being all dour.

((Feel free to bunny us to the manor if you need or want, it’s not a long walk))

Lisean
05-18-06, 05:33 PM
Alas, Vincent was not the only opposite of Lisean.

As the three made their way out of the merchant’s home, and up the road, the necromancer couldn’t help but notice the constant shivering of the ladies he accompanied. This cold weather was almost like summer to him, and here they were freezing their rear ends off. He sighed, and shook his head slowly from side to side, resisting the urge to let out a friendly chuckle. He caught Kit looking about as if she were about to cower in fear of the empty streets. Not on his watch. Before he thought she could, he moved up a little closer to her side, and wrapped an arm around her waist, setting a silk-soft hand upon her hip.

“Yeah.. a slave would also be around here, as well..” he added with regards to her comment in anger. “Meaning my new home should be on one of these streets.” Lisean looked over at Inari, and gave her a sort of enlightening smile with his lips. “Don’t worry. Your mom’s just a little uneasy around these parts, I guess. I bet she’ll feel better when we get there.” He almost smacked himself across the face, had it not been for the outfit he was wearing that was luring him into acting like a gentlemen. He took in a deep breath and crawled inside himself, lowering his eyes to the ground.

He offered up a smile of interest upon Kit breaking into a conversation. Words. Something he was never really all that good with. His free hand rose up and rubbed at his arm after she had asked what he did for a living. “Well, umm..” he began, curling his bottom lip into his mouth out of nervous habit. Was there really a reason to become so timid? Of course! He was posing as a lover! Something he knew absolutely nothing about.

“I am.. a necromancer,” he answered eventually, falling silent for a moment before explaining in detail. “I study magic that involves the deceased, and I discipline myself to harness and wield the knowledge given to me.” A frown slowly found its way onto his lips as he was about to add on what could be defined a shocker. “I am also a slave.. Well, I had to be one in order to live the past couple years, at least. Now, I just look for any tasks people ask of me to do for a price. One needs gold to live, so naturally all I really am is a wandering and willing slave, meant for any task or purpose.” His salmon pink eyes rose up to look over at the complexity in Doji’s face, followed by Inari’s.

“I know this may be wrong for me to say out of topic, but.. you two really do look ravishing,” he said, his lips quivering a bit as he asked for forgiveness with a smile. Maybe it was just him freezing up so much that he had to let it out. He turned his eyes back to look down the road, and dropped his hand around Kit back to his side. “What I mean is, ummm…” he stopped walking for a moment, in an attempt to gather himself before he was considered an embarrassment. “I’m terribly sorry. I’ve just never actually been around.. people before. I’m what you’d call an anti-social, but not by my own will. Nobody ever really bothers to render the fact that I exist.”

His head lowered, and his eyes came to the momentary close before Lisean found himself staring at his own two feet that carried him. “I have no experience in having a partner, let alone life companion. I guess I’ll have to learn pretty darn quick, before we get to the place.” Lisean quickly shoved one hand over his arm to stop it from shaking. He stopped for much longer this time. He took in one deep breath after another, until he finally settled down. “Okay. I’m good.” The necromancer ran back up to catch up with Kit and Inari, and for the sake of rejoicing what luck he had to have met them, he decided to walk in between them now, having one of them on either side of him. He felt like they were guiding him along, even if they didn’t speak. They almost felt like his wings.. if he were ever mistaken for an angel.

Reiko
05-18-06, 09:48 PM
Inari wasn’t sure what Lisean said when he said that his new home should be around here, like as if he was once a slave. The young vixen hardly could believe that he was a slave, he seemed so much more refined than most people she met, maybe even her mother. But the smile he gave her was comforting.

Kit was glad for the feeling of a warm touch, the cold of the empty slave market was driving her nuts, chilling spirit and bone. It was strange to hear that the man was not only an ex slave but a necromancer as well. That made the girl more curious as she had never dealt with a necromancer before though she did deal with the undead, met a man that would become her second lover while running through the haunted streets of Eluriand, though the lover part was much later. “Wow that’s quite an accomplishment, I barely know any wizards let alone some that could rise to magical prowess from being a slave.” Kit smile in earnest interest.

Though the subject change came quickly as he made the same remark about her beauty as well as her daughter. Both girls could not restrain a giggle while swishing their tails in good humor. Though Kit ended up getting worried that Lisean was getting nervous and well he had quite the right to as well, being new and an ex salve as well. He quickly caught up at least and took the girls in each arm. “Don’t worry, it’ll be fun,” chirped Inari who was looking forward to the party.

Kit smiled and nodded agreeing with her child, for the first part should just be fun. “Yeah, it’s not a big deal, we’ll just stay together and have fun and no one will notice. They think we’re barbarians and would probably expect us to show up naked and make us put on clothes. So it’ll be fine.”

Kit smiled and held the hand of Lisean as her tails twitched at the sight of the manor where the party will be. The place was a beacon of lights; the only place where there would be anything happening that was more than sleeping.

It wasn’t long until the trio was inside the mansion; everything was so bright inside as people danced and gossiped liked birds having a mating ritual. “Welcome Queen Kadenzaa, lord Lisean and princess Inari of Han Ming.” Kit’s face felt red as she heard that Vincent had giving their real names.

“Umm excuse me I think I’m a bit thirsty.” The vixen said hoping that there wouldn’t be any more commotion, it wasn’t good that people were staring at her and Inari’s butts and commenting about the tails. Nobility often could be rude at such times. Both Vixens fell pretty silent at the treatment and nerves sizzled with worry. It might be over before it even began.

Lisean
05-27-06, 11:56 AM
Lord Lisean. Now, that was a name he’d remember for the future. I had a nice ring to it.

The necromancer greeted Vincent, who had given him the title and was the first to welcome the three, with a courteous bow. “Thank you for your humble greeting,” he said with a small smile as he stood tall, immediately adapting to the necessary imitation of a rich nobleman. Of course, he realized it’d be difficult to maintain his composure, due to the large numbers of people that had come. This would mark his first time ever attending a gathering of men and women. A party, as they called it. He felt almost deprived of the opportunity when he realized that he’d be eventually crashing it. Oh well. Best enjoy it while it lasts.

Lisean turned to look over at Kit, and slightly nodded his head. “Alright. Hurry back though, dear,” he said, the words almost rolling out of his tongue. He shook his head and chuckled to himself before he was caught off-guard by a random couple approaching him.

“Ah, so you must be the representative of Han Ming!” the man cheered, raising the glass of wine in his hand. Lisean looked from side to side, almost as if he thought he was confused for another person. “Uhh yeah?” he answered. “Yeah. That would be me.”

“Well, I can see you are like they say. A man of few words,” the woman commented, offering a smile that signified an invitation to join her and her husband. “Would you care to join us at our table, if it is not too much to ask for?”

“I’m sorry, but I cannot,” the necromancer answered, turning to look at Inari with a smile. “The princess and I were about to join our queen on the dance floor to enjoy our evening while it is young, before we plan on dining.” Lisean glanced back to the couple, and looked past them to just spot Doji, who was still grabbing her drink. He had now officially lost count in just how many times he had found himself slipping away from the world just to stare at her. Luckily, Inari had tugged on his arm to help him get himself back on track.

“Oh, I see. Very well, then. It was a most delicate pleasure crossing your path, milord and lady,” the man side, bowing with his wife before Lisean and Inari. The necromancer could not help but to hold a laugh back behind his sealed lips. He could not believe he was being treated in such a kind manner. A man could get used to this. “But may I ask.. how you have come to our hall with such eloquent fittings? The other gentlemen of the party were finding ourselves intrigued in what more than little clothing your ladies would be garbed in.”

Lisean was almost ready to throw a punch in the man’s face for trying to take a casual tone in his rude manner of speech. But, rather than letting out his rage, he cracked a smile and glanced about awkwardly, taking it as if it were a joke. “Well, my friend.. if they were dressed like that, you’d probably be falling more head over heels for them than I already have,” he answered, brushing a hand through his hair, while the other moved from around Inari’s arm to around her waist. He pulled her up to his side and gave another humorous chuckle to the couple before they took their leave.

Finally, the attention was off them. He sighed, and dropped his hand back to his side, before he turned to face Inari. “Look.. I’m sorry about that,” he whispered into her ear, before his face flushed a tad tone of red. “Blame it on my robes. They make me feel like a king,” he noted, so as to hopefully make her feel somewhat content in more appropriate joke. Lisean turned his eyes back to Doji, who was apparently being stalked by a few gentlemen from behind her as she stood at the refreshment stand. He looked down, wishing he could somehow take their eyes off her. He didn’t want her to be distracted with obstacles in her way.. and perhaps the act of a husband threw a slab of jealousy into the necromancer’s mind.

“Come with me.”

He walked slowly with the company of Inari over to the table serving drinks, and took action as quick as possible. He stood right up next to Kit, brushing his side against hers, before coiling an arm around her waist, setting a silk-soft hand on her hip. “And are the drinks to your satisfaction, my love?” he asked with a smile as he looked over the drinks, thinking he could probably use one with the way he was acting. The men all felt discouraged from afar, and wandered off to take their single and looking business elsewhere. A job well-done deserved a toast.

Reiko
05-28-06, 06:28 PM
Kit made a polite smile to the others at the wine table, the drink was to calm her nerves and water would be just as well but it seemed to be silly when there was free wine to be had.

I hope this works out. I’ve never killed someone like this. Kit poured the wine down her throat. Salvarian red was the flavor and Kit would enjoy it more if her heart didn’t flutter about. The company wasn’t helping.

“You look at her. I thought Neko made strange slaves but Han Ming lets them be royalty.” Said a woman that looked like an overstuffed dress with a hateful mouth.

“Well she is pretty and people love those exotic girls. I’d love to have one of those tails to go with a dress.” Said a much better looking snake.

I can hear you.

Though the gossipy women weren’t a problem, they were the typical harmless noble females, only good with their mouths, could destroy title and reputation. Though Kit probably wasn’t coming back to Salvar if someone put her with the future crime she was going to commit.

Worse were the men, horny jackals looking for an affair with a beautiful girl to sate their lust that could no longer be sated by their wives who let their bodies be warped by the lavish lifestyle. To them Kit was a prize and her exotic tails made her more desirable. They circled and closed in, looking for an opening to seduce the red vixen.

Kit almost yelped as she felt an arm on her waist, but she looked first and sighed in relief. It was Lisean and his presence sent the dogs running. “The drinks are exquisite. I’m glad you came to join me, I’m feeling much better now.” Kit felt her face blush as her relieved smile couldn’t help but show itself.

“Hey, Lisy said we’d go dancing before we eat. Right?” Inari’s tail was swishing with such happy energy as she practically was pretty excited that they’d actually do something other than the boring talking.

“That sounds like a wonderful idea.” Kit looked into her play husband’s eccentric eyes. If Kit had to pick anyone from this party to be her mate it would be him, and while the rest seemed to be scum it still meant a lot being she really liked him and maybe grow to love him as well. Kit then kissed his cheek. “Why don’t you lead the way?” The vixen glowed as her tails became as excited as her daughter’s.

Lisean
06-06-06, 07:19 PM
The look on Doji’s face after he had wrapped an arm around her back and set his palm on her hip made him chuckle from behind sealed lips. Finally, so as to avoid the idea of making fun of her behind her back, Lisean let out a short hearty laugh. Once she had commented on the wine, he fell silent, and slowly nodded his head. “I guess I will consider trying it when I have the opportunity, then,” he answered, before tossing his head in the direction of Inari. “But I think she’s a little too eager for a little company..” he whispered, hopefully at a level the one he was referring to could not hear him with.

The very second Inari had brought up the idea of dancing, Lisean immediately stood still, and averted his eyes to the ground. He didn’t think twice on what he used as an excuse, and now, he’d have to pay a crucial price. Not only would he have to try to convince the daughter now’s not the time, and upset her, but in the process he might be propelled by both of them to the dance floor, just to make a fool of himself. He didn’t want to wind up embarrassing the two girls that seemed to be having the time of their lives.

Very slowly, his eyes were brought up to look into Kit’s, where he found a sort of burning fire within. One that foretold her intentions to share time with him on the floor. His cheeks went a light shade of red, and his eyes came to a close. He felt almost crushed. Lisean had the idea that he was going to ruin their night, and in a way that would be considered unforgivable. He hesitantly nodded, wanting nothing more than to make them happy, for now. With a mission that involved murder, he could bet one would have to be pretty confident to go through with the task. In order for that to happen, they had to feel comfortable, and put their trust in their partner.

Once Doji’s lips had touched Lisean’s cheek, he knew he could not deny her. Usually, he’d be able to without a shadow of a doubt, or even the slightest worry for that matter. Yet.. he was a different person in that outfit. He had to act like a nobleman. A proper, wealthy royal figure. A man that’d never say no to the voice of another. His lips quivered, struggling to maintain the usual composure of a frown. In the end, they lost the war, and gave a sly smile that signified an inner devotion towards Doji. One that conspired a feeling Lisean believed he could never wind up with. Love.

“N-N-No,” he stuttered, quickly taking his hand into Kit’s. “I-I wouldn’t m-mind at all.” Quickly bringing his eyes to the floor once again, he tried to get his hair to fall over his face, so as to hide the nervous tension riddled on his cheeks. He couldn’t, seeing as how he had brushed it back behind his ears. Lisean’s footsteps were taken twice and looked over as he gradually made his way to the floor. Squeezing Kit’s hand after they had finally stood amongst other couples who were dancing, he finally took up the courage to finally whisper into her ear “I can’t dance.”

This should have been where his knees were to buckle and give up under him, but trying to keep a unprecedented composure to maintain his fake nobility didn’t let what should have happened occur. Lisean looked back to check on Inari, and offered a slight smile of encouragement. “I s-suppose you want to.. umm.. d-d-d-.. d-dance with us, t-together?” he asked, biting hard on his lip and snapping his eyes shut afterwards. She’d probably find his outtake a little strange, but for a young girl’s mind hilarious at the same time. Taking in a deep breath, Lisean rolled one shoulder, and stood tall, conspiring in his mind to run away while he had the chance. His body told him he needed a drink. His mind told him to run away. His heart.. well, let’s just say he went with it, and didn’t move a muscle unless told to by Doji or Inari. He felt like a slave in committing himself to that personal order, but at least it’d give the two what they wanted.

Reiko
06-07-06, 09:36 PM
Inari wasn’t sure what Lisean meant when the necromancer said about Kit being eager for company but Kit’s ears did not here it as they tended to focus on the gossip around her and concerning the group. The attention was not good but it couldn’t be helped, well if any of the plan was going to happen it would have to wait a little while but still having fun would make her more a part of the group instead of a sore thumb.

Linsean had become extremely nervous but not at the prospect of being found out but instead dancing with the fox girls. It seemed incredibly odd that the idea of dancing would cause a person who had the faux noble down t stutter his words. At least he was honest with the “I can’t dance.”

Inari smiled back. “Oh don’t worry, I never really danced either.” The girl swished her tail some more hopeful that Lisean would gain some competence.

Kit saw some humor and chuckled slightly. “Yeah, well I bet my sword that you dance better than half the people here.” The three tails twitched as she looked to the dance floor, with finely dress nobles turning in choreographed circles like drugged ducks trying to have a mating ritual. “At least we can put some life in it!”

With that Kit led Lisean and her daughter to the pretty tiles of the dance floor. It depicted a beautiful noble girl and her husband in a middle of dancing and in a precarious pose for a lady’s modesty. This should be fun and hopefully Lisean would unwind while he started dancing. Both Kit and her daughter started to sway with the slow music of band as her feet moved in random patterns, no way she could claim to be much of a dancer with this showing. Still she was going to have fun and picked up the pace, spinning Inari who giggled and them moved to do the same for her play husband.

“This isn’t so bad, now is it?” Kit asked playfully. “If you want to stop we can and get some dinner and retire then have some more fun later.” The vixen’s smile was good natured though she couldn’t help the dark feeling that the more fun wasn’t drinking, dancing and talking about the weather, but killing a man and destroying his house while setting loose his slaves.

Lisean
07-28-06, 12:27 PM
Lisean darted his eyes back to Inari when she had mentioned the fact that she could not dance, either. Drat! His only form of excuse was rendered null and void. He perked his lips in an slightly annoyed fashion, crossing his arms over his chest. Now that she couldn’t dance, but still wanted to, made him feel rather weird. Why dance if you don’t know how? Lisean couldn’t comprehend it. The energy both Kit and Inari possessed was far beyond his repertoire of knowledge. “Eh heh..” was all he could say at first, hesitating and shaking right then and there on the spot. The necromancer glanced over at Kit after hearing her break out in mild laughter. It wasn’t the sort that was making fun of him, but.. Did she actually think it was a joke to hear him say that?

Was it.. cute?

The necromancer looked down at Kit’s sword as she spoke about the bet, most likely in sarcasm. However, thinking of their high spirits first, the spellcaster decided to try and keep their hopes up. Let’s face it. From this point on, he had to do what they wished. He felt like a slave again. However.. this time, instead of doing it for a living, he did it for no charge. Maybe he just felt more than obliged to be around the first two he’d come to know outside of his hometown. “Fine.. but I’ll keep your word on it,” he answered, flashing a very small smile back.

Lisean’s slender form naturally leaned back, rejecting the invitation that was forced upon him as he was led onto the dance floor. Sure, it looked pretty weird at first for people to see a husband denying his wife and daughter the honour of a dance, but after realizing this, he gave up. Not much he could do now other than bury his own grave in his head. Standing still in the middle of the floor, Lisean looked from side to side, and lowered his head. Getting started was the real hard part, but after he had learned the pattern of Kit’s and Inari’s motions, he eventually got the hang of it.

Soon enough, he was the one that was spinning the two nekos, catching their swaying hips with his hands as they maneuvered in a way that caught some other couples off-guard. The same old fashion of dancing didn’t seem all too inviting to the types of rhythm and motions the ‘barbaric’ family brought. Filled with so much life, just as Kit wagered, Lisean didn’t even realize he was smiling brighter than ever before, even breaking out into small chuckles of joy. With the look that was in his eyes, he could very much be portrayed as a happy father, and husband.

Once the song was done, Lisean went back to the casual, timid, stray being that he truly was. He went stiff as a board, dropping his hands to his sides. His face went whiter than it’s usual colour as he grew nervous, tossing his eyes in every direction before him. “Umm.. Ummm..” Yes. Lisean was back. No doubt about it.

“Are we.. good?” he asked, looking about the room. “Was it believable? Did I do good?” he asked questions all around to both Kit and Inari. He then fell silent. Time was passing by so quickly in his mind when they hadn’t answered for a second. Felt more like a minute. “It was bad? It was bad, wasn’t it? I didn’t do good at all.”

Lowering his head in shame and allowing his bangs to fall over his eyes, a frown formed upon his lips. His eyes began to close and he took in the negative aura surrounding him. “I’m sorry..”

Reiko
07-31-06, 10:41 PM
Both Kit and Inari tried not to pant as they smiled at each other and Lisean. The dancing was so fun that even the young necromancer was smiling. While everyone else was holding a bored look and walked in ornate yet dull patterns the trio were dancing about them and having a good time, maybe it wasn’t the best idea for the upcoming chaos but it did unwind the two vixens.

But Lisean took the two girls’ breathing in order to ready congratulating him to be something of criticism and he started to fret. This wasn’t good for the trio’s mission if Lisean acted this way too long then someone might get suspicious and start tailing them and then it was as good as impossible.

Inari spoke first with her false father first. “You did great it was so fun, wouldn’t have been as much fun with only mommy.” The younger kitsune/neko hugged her play husband with true feelings.

Kit smiled and nodded, he was probably just really nervous and as a matter of fact so was she. Maybe there just wasn’t time for fun in the future but there was no way to that starting the plan now would help. “Um, My king?” She started as he moved close and took Lisean’s hand and smiled to his face. “You’re doing fine, we had fun but I think we should retire. It’s been a long night and all of us could use some rest.” Kit waved over servant. “My husband, daughter and I need a private room to rest.”

The servant went forward and led the way while Kit took Lisean’s hand and kissed his cheek. “I think we need some time alone to be ourselves.” She smiled when they reached the door.

Inari was the first to go in and jumped on the bed and bounced a little with a giggle. “The beds are so soft! It’s so nice.”

Kit Went in and smiled to Lisean. “Well let’s relax my king. Your queen and princess will do anything to make sure you enjoy the night.” Kit waited until the servant was out of earshot and they were truly alone. “I think this is better, lets be ourselves and enjoy the privacy!” Kit giggled as she lay next to her child. “You’re right Inari, it is really soft, haven’t felt one this soft in a long time.” The vixen smiled and patted the spot next to her, the bed was big enough for the three of them to sprawl out and not have to worry about touching but Kit didn’t mind being close to either her child or Lisean, in fact she welcomed it.

Lisean
08-25-06, 08:19 AM
Lisean had lacked in reaction after the dance was over and done with, leaving Kit and Inari to shower him with compliments he interpreted as sympathy. They were lieing. He was a horrible dancer, and he knew it. The talk of retiring gave the necromancer the wrong impression. His eyes almost widened in shock, but before he could decline the invitation to join them in a bedroom, they had called a servant over. A soft sigh escaped his lips, and he bowed his head to the man in greeting. He said, and did nothing out of the ordinary during the trip upstairs. At this point, he just didn’t care anymore.

Not about the mission.

Not about her.

As much as he was supposed to portray a king, he was doing a very bad job at it. Especially when the two girls were calling the shots without so much of a say from his point of view. They really didn’t give two-shits of what he thought was right. So long as the mission proceeded, nothing else mattered. Guess they’d be getting what they wanted if he were to look at it the same way. Maybe there would be higher hopes of bonding if he was on the same page.

Upon entering their private chambers, Lisean’s eyes lifted to look about the room. It was very elaborate. Clearly the type of quarters issued to visiting royal families. He just didn’t fit in it. He wasn’t really a member of a family. None but his own, which he had long hoped to forget. Once the servant had left the three on their own, Lisean turned his head back to the door for a second. The one that shut himself inside this prison. Kit’s and Inari’s words felt like daggers, piercing his cold, black heart everytime they spoke. He ignored them, for now, and made his way across the room to the double doors that led to the balcony.

“Yes.. I think I will enjoy the privacy..” he answered Doji, opening the glass doors, and stepping outside. He felt like slamming the doors behind him, but unaware of how fragile the delicate glass was, he decided to just leave them swung open. He needed fresh air after all means of pressure began to suck him in. He turned around once again, to look at the kitsunes with a look that portrayed every ounce of hurt he was feeling. Usually, he looked deprived. Now.. he felt broken. He didn’t know the difference between himself, and the role he was playing.

Was he really the solitary, heartbroken necromancer? Or was the king without a dictating voice taking over?

Where had he gone?

He quickly made his final decision, turning his back to his co-workers. He didn’t want nobility. He didn’t want false commitment. He wanted him back. To feel alive, he had know he had a good grip of his own soul. No more lies. Closing his eyes, the necromancer lowered his salmon eyes to blankly stare down at the town under his fortifying gaze. His lips kept at a small frown, taking the form of his true identity.

“I’ve had enough,” he whispered to himself quietly. Curling his bottom lip into his mouth, he bit down on it in anxiety. The constant bickering of the little girl was on the verge of pissing him off. “How much longer are we to stay here and wait for the night to play itself out?” he asked in the midst of a drawn breath. He was obviously irritated. He couldn’t let this opportunity slip by. This was his only chance to actually make a name for himself by doing a great deed for somebody. With this job complete, he could get word spread of his services, entitling him to profit.

A couple minutes had passed, and no answer was given. Lisean snapped his eyes shut, and engulfed himself in his own miserable darkness.

“When I ask something, I expect an answer,” he stated, turning around and entering the chambers to look at the two dilly-dallying on the bed. “Do not make me ask again!”

Ashiakin
01-08-07, 05:34 PM
Please contact me (or a regions mod) if you would like this opened.