PDA

View Full Version : Selling ((Closed to Sighter, no mod needed))

LordLeopold
05-04-06, 11:12 PM
Stevens stumbled into the Bazaar, entering it for the second time today. It is far less crowded than it was when he visited earlier in the morning. Pieces of paper, broadsides from the city-wide search for him earlier in the day, blew across the almost empty street like tumbleweed. Few shoppers were left out, and even fewer vendors. It was a quiet afternoon. Stevens hurried toward the closest open vendor stall that was adorned with weapons. He bumped into a man who seemed to spring from nowhere. The duke stumbled back, and shook his head, chasing away his sleepiness.

"Oh ho!" he cried. "Findelfin, old lad, how are you?"

Sighter Tnailog
05-04-06, 11:15 PM
Findelfin had been rummaging through stacks of stuff, looking for various bric-a-brac to adorn his new home. He had recently been given a villa above Valinatal in return for his service to the Raiaeran Council, and he was looking for various objects and knick-knacks to hang in the corners and make it feel like home.

Suddenly, a man bumped into him. Findelfin was about to turn around and utter a word of chastisement, when he recognized the voice. He would never forget that accent...

"Leopold Stevens...why, I haven't seen you since, well, since you vanished after the Dome of Purity fell to Thoracis' army...what in the world have you been up to, man? Still a lord?"

LordLeopold
05-04-06, 11:17 PM
"A king," Stevens said, grinning. "Or, well, a king-in-exile. It's complicated. Salvarian politics and all that. How have you been, dear boy?" The duke was shocked to see Findelfin after all these years, but it was a pleasant surprise. And maybe he can direct me to a fair vendor here...

Sighter Tnailog
05-04-06, 11:22 PM
"Sounds impressive! I'm the Captain of Foreign Wars in Raiaera now, been busy with undead. What are you here for? Looking for something in particular? I'm looking for something to hang above the mantelpiece of my new home...perhaps an elegant sword, or a battle axe. Have any suggestions?"

LordLeopold
05-04-06, 11:26 PM
"Oh ho," Stevens replied. "My good man, that sounds quite interesting. I'm sure we can discuss it some other time, however, for I may have just the thing you'd want." Stevens lifted his swordcane, twisting the handle and withdrawing the blade. "Twenty-four inches steel. Magical enchantments for magical assault with fire and lightning, and for recall to the owner when parted with the handle. It's quite a find, it's served me well for many years." Stevens sheathed the blade. "So, is that something you would be interested in purchasing?"

Sighter Tnailog
05-04-06, 11:28 PM
Findelfin gazed at the blade. Leopold's swordcane? The thing was like a priceless artifact, Leopold had used it virtually forever. "Would I want it? It's more than perfect...nothing would grace a mantle better than such a treasure. How much do you want for it?"

LordLeopold
05-04-06, 11:31 PM
Stevens was surprised at Findelfin's eagerness, but certainly not disappointed. "Well, my good man, I put about 1000 GP into this weapon for the magical enhancements. I'd charge you the same, but I'd feel underhanded doing that to an old friend. How does 700 GP sound?"

Sighter Tnailog
05-04-06, 11:37 PM
"Well, I'd feel more than underhanded taking such an heirloom from you for such a piddling sum. Take the 1000 with my thanks."

Findelfin pulls a veritable mountain of gold from his substantially deep pockets. Like all characters on Althanas, he had an understood special ability to store vast amounts of coinage without needing wheelbarrows. He pushed the pile in Leopold's direction and took the swordcane into his hands.

"Take it with thanks...do you remember that time I bought that Turlin Rune from you? It was in a store quite like this one, a ways up the block..." He trailed off, walking out of the store with an old friend. Catching up was already nice.

Ashiakin
05-04-06, 11:39 PM
Ashiakin liked tea. He was in the Bazaar looking for some.

LordLeopold
05-04-06, 11:41 PM
Silenced by this fait accompli, Stevens shoved the bank vault's worth of gold coins into his waistcoat pocket and smiled. He did indeed remember that time. The Bazaar had such memories for him. He hoped he would soon get another chance to mull over the good old days with his elven friend.

Thoracis
05-08-06, 03:02 PM
Transaction completed!