PDA

View Full Version : Combining Characters.

Seth_Rahl
11-01-07, 11:44 AM
I have too many characters, I believe. And so I have a question. Can you combine two characters from two different accounts, having one being the main while the other dissapears? My question is this because I wish to get rid of my character Eternium, of my Whiteshadow account. I wish to combine him with Ifrit so that Ifrit will be able to use a type of Summoned swords of his own and stuff like that. I thought this would be best as Eternium would end up to be found as a part of Ifrit himself, as he was created from Ifrit's blood (gasp spoiler!), but I don't wish to use him anymore. (Don't worry Cyrus i'll still use him for our quest.) Anyways, my biggest problem is that I don't think this is allowed, because they are two different accounts. I know Reiko did something similar to this, but her characters were linked to one account.

So, is it allowed, as long as its done through a thread?

Max Dirks
11-01-07, 01:31 PM
You can certainly combine your characters, Seth. Just be aware that the amount of EXP, GP, items, and abilities that are carried over are going to depend on your particular situation (it is case by case for everyone). In order to maximize the incentive material value of the transfer, I suggest writing a quest or a set of quests that details how your characters become combined. Once you are finished, post a new character profile. The RoG moderator, the judge, and you will then have discussions and set limits on the combined character. I suspect though that the quest will have to be of high quality and you will have to put in lots of effort in order to transfer EXP and abilities.

Seth_Rahl
11-01-07, 02:50 PM
Let me see: All I want from the combination of the two would be a new version of Eternium's summoned swords technique (Hellfire Blades), another appearence change *wince*, Eternium's innate ability to understand and speak almost all languages (I'm not sure about that one), whatever experience Eternium would have gained by then and maybe his familiar, Dweia. Everything else, including gold, shadow teleportation, immunity to diseases and drugs, items, etc, will have been lost in the transfer.

Would a Citadel fight be acceptable for the transfer? It would still be questish(see of Devils and Swords for example), except for the fact it would take place in the Citadel.

Melissa
11-02-07, 12:20 PM
I have too many characters, I believe.

There is no such thing as too many characters in my opinion. I am sitting at a pretty 13-16 usernames myself, some of which are not listed in my siggy, and I use most of them regularly. But, if you see storyline possibilities, then feel free to combine them. I guess that all I am really saying is there is no such thing as too many characters.

Seth_Rahl
11-02-07, 02:21 PM
Well, too many characters for me to handle at this point. Eternium was originally going to be as big as a character as Ifrit was, but he ended up being more a subcharacter in the grand scheme of things, so I decided, what the hell, I'll combine him with Ifrit and make Ifrit more interesting and stronger.

Leigh and Beniiro are both central characters of their own, and will eventually be tied in to Ifrit's story, but for now they each have their own agendas.

Anyways, I'm still looking for an opinion. Should I use a Citadel setting for the combination? Or is that not epic enough?

Whiteshadow
11-27-07, 09:03 AM
I changed my mind. Eternium's staying. ^^

Call me J
11-27-07, 09:33 AM
I know you're not going through with the transfer, but I just wanted to add something to what Dirks said. He's 100% right, but you should also remember that it needs to make IC sense. I mean, if there is no IC reason transfer EXP, the moderators are going to be less likely to give you (or anyone else) the reward.

Seth_Rahl
11-27-07, 10:12 AM
Oh, don't worry, I kept that in mind. It would have been a little stretched in my opinion, but the way it would have worked out so that Ifrit kind of "regained his other half" or something or other. But I've thought about it a little, and Eternium is a pretty cool character to rp as, even if I have nothing planned for him like I do my other characters. Ah, who knows. ^^

Call me J
11-27-07, 10:16 AM
Well by stretched I don't mean, defining the laws of physics or something like that. I mean, this is Althanas, you can reanimate dead trees, there are a lot of creative ways to combine two characters. Where a mod would have a trouble is something like the scenario I list below.

Character A meets Character B. They kill a bunch of goblins. Character B dies, but bequeaths his legacy to Character A.

Thats a bit of a stretch.

However, if you had been RPing Fight Club with Edward Norton and Brad Pitt as separate characters, and wanted to turn them into a single PC at the end, no judge would complain. Unless it sucked, but any thread that blows up Wilmington gets a 10 at least in WC as far as I'm concerned.

Seth_Rahl
11-27-07, 02:07 PM
lol yeah, nothing like that. But thanks for the tips anyways.

Sighter Tnailog
11-28-07, 02:45 PM
Let me add: if you did decide to do such a switch, it would be adjudicated under the normal rules of "reincarnation" in the RoG.

That is to say, you would be getting rid of Eternium in return for his EXP going to a new character -- in this sense, the character of Ifrit would be "new."

But as with all such recycling of characters, you'd have to sacrifice half of the EXP from the character being removed. The remaining half would go to the character receiving the EXP.

Eternium would then be UNRECOVERABLE except as a null-start character.