PDA

View Full Version : Citadel of the Forest (open to one)

Wulfgang
11-03-07, 05:59 PM
OOC:Sorry little bit of character creation at the beginning

Wulfgang wandered through the forest for months after his battle in the city citadel, training constantly, pushing his body to the limits of his own strength and endurance, then beyond. The barbarian ran with Peregrinus each day for hours upon hours, pushing to increase speed and endure; forever attempting to outrun his extra planar canine, though it was near impossible for any mortal, he only saw it as an achievable goal and that he must accomplish it. Wulfgang trained with his Zweihander, Canis Zhan, until he could no longer lift his powerful arms. He climbed the highest trees until he nearly fell out from exhaustion, the more he achieved the more he pushed for. The barbarian became one with the forest and the animals at this time, and was able to observe the un-measureable strength of nature.

Wulfgang had become resolute in his decision to become the ultimate warrior of nature, though he had not tapped into any spiritual energies from lack of correct training in that area, he was determined to become a mix of druid and warrior. The barbarian had always seen power in nature and was unwavering in his quest to tap into that overwhelming power.

Wulfgang sat in a tree early one morning, waiting patiently for passing game. Soon he felt as well as felt an approaching creature. He watched ambitiously for the advance of the being. Suddenly he saw a deer enter his sight, but the beast was staring directly at him. The barbarian was sure he had not moved and was confused as to how the deer had become aware of his position. He waited for the creature to bound off into the brush, but instead it simply stared into Wulfgang’s blue eye, and through them, penetrating the barbarians very soul.

Wulfgang did not even comprehend his next action. The barbarian leapt from his position in the tree, landing on the ground and looking up to find the deer still standing and gazing at him. Wulfgang took a few steps toward the deer and the creature responded with a few steps away. Peregrinus sat in some bushes not far from the deer and sent Wulfgang a mental image depicting its eagerness to take down the creature but Wulfgang advised it not to. The deer finally pranced off into the forest but strangely halted at the edge of the barbarian’s sight.

Wulfgang followed the creature for hours, never losing sight. He was not entirely sure why he was even following the deer but found it very exillerating. Finally the deer stopped in front of a gargantuan tree, being nearly twenty five feet in diameter, it was astoundingly healthy and majestic. At the base of the large tree a crack appeared, then widened substantially until it was the size of a door.

Wulfgangs jaw dropped at the astounding sight, he also noticed that the deer did not even react to the incredible event. The deer finally acknowledged the opening and then lazily trotted off. Wulfgang’s eyes no long followed the deer but stayed firmly on the opening.

Suddenly a voice called from within the tree “Gunna stand there all day youth, er ya gunna come in and let me be a host for once?”

Wulfgang looked down at Peregrinus questioningly but found his look mirrored in the eyes of the canine. “YES bring the hound too!” the voice suddenly called.

Wulfgang approached the door slowly and entered with apprehension. Inside he found a healthy man in a green and brown robe with short brown hair and an oaken staff in his knobby hands. “hiya, you’ve been in my wood for weeks now and my flora and fauna have taken a special interest in you! Yes, I am a druid and by the way you walk you seem to be very, how should I say, aware, of the nature” the man stated.

“Oh how rude of me, I am Woher oakheart and whom might you be?” he said.

“Wulfgang and this is Peregrinus” The barbarian stated, putting a hand on his canine’s head.

“I see, well, I have been observing your movements through the forest and you seem to be training for something or another and, Well, I was wondering if you would like to compete in something for me.” Woher said.

“You mean the Citadel in that city?” Wulfgang inquired.

“NO! I mean a citadel in the forest! It is a wonderful place really, and I will give you something in return for competing for me, what would you like, gold?” the druid stated.

“No, no, gold is nice but I would like something different from someone such as you…I ask you to train me in return for my competing, that is if I don’t die.” Wulfgang said.

“OH! you cannot die in this arena and if you do you’ll be resurrected! And I will gladly train you if you prove yourself worthy in the citadel, let us leave now.” Woher chuckled warmly.

The druid whispered something to the wooden floor beneath him and suddenly a hole appeared between himself and Wulfgang. “jump in, I’m right behind you” he stated. Wulfgang did as instructed and was sent on a spinning ride through a slide in pitch blackness. He was finally regurgitated from the ground, forcefully pushed to the surface and almost landing face first in some undergrowth. Wulfgang stood for a minute, regaining his bearing and then suddenly felt a hand on his should and saw a finger pointing his eyes to a tree structure. The forest citadel was gigantic, it looked to be hundreds of trees seamlessly fused together for at least one hundred yards. Suddenly a gap appeared between two trees and widened into a large door, without even a look at woher the barbarian strode into the arena.

The arena was large, perhaps 100 square yards by 100 yards, and except for the door that had appeared the tree line was perfectly intertwined, devoid of even the slightest gap. The ground was covered in short but thick grass but lacked in any shrubbery. Wulfgang smiled, this was his style of an arena, he looked up at the lower branches of the large trees that made up the citadel, and sitting upon them was the audience, sitting patiently for another combatant to enter the ring.

Wulfgang drew Canis Zhan with a grin splayed across his whiskered face, Peregrinus sat waiting at the Barbarian’s side. The two stood alertly in the southern end of the ring, awaiting an opponent.

Call me J
11-23-07, 11:37 AM
The idea of fighting in a Citadel somewhere in the middle of the forest seemed a bit suspicious to Jame. After all, the Ai’bron monks were capable of making any kind of setting appear within their confines. There was really no reason to have a separate battle out in the middle of the forest, especially with all the difficulties that Corone had been facing as a result of the Civil War. However, the half dragon still agreed to the battle once he had been told of it by the Ai’bron monks. There were two reasons, both of them were simple- training and money. When the monks had made the offer to Jame, they had promised him both that they would train him after the battle, and that the costs incurred in this special fight would be well worth his while.

Seeing that he couldn’t object to either proposition, the half dragon made his way into the forest eagerly. Ready for a fight, he came into the arena with his steel sword, The Namesake, already drawn. However, before entering the field of play, a square clearing that had been hollowed out from a dense wooded area, Jame took the time to spy on his opponent.

When he saw the man he was facing, Jame gulped. This was the first opponent he would be facing that was bigger than him. Even when he’d been pitted against the orcs in Salvar or the undead in Raiaera, he at least had the advantage of size. Here that advantage would be gone. He also saw that his tall opponent had an even greater advantage, a large canine who seemed particularly mean.

“I’ll have to be smart here…” he thought. Jame knew he was going to need some information. Unlike Anila, Jame figured that this rough man would not be the kind of person who’d have much interest in niceties before the battle. Since he had the advantage of the second entry, Jame figured he would gather as much information as possible before entering the clearing. That way he’d be fighting smart while his opponent was fighting blind. Since brawn and size was not going to be his advantage this time, Jame knew he was going to need another.

Immediately, Jame began to look around for the monks. He had made his way over towards the northern side of the clearing before he noticed a monk observing the battle.

“What can you tell me about this guy?” Jame asked.

The monk frowned. “You’re late,” he said. “Also, we had specifically arranged a portal for you, why didn’t you take it?”

Jame rolled his eyes. Given the state of the civil war, it had been particularly difficult getting in to the forest. He wondered how he hadn’t heard about this portal and regretted not listening more closely for information after having agreed to the battle in the first place.

“Sorry…” Jame said, knowing he couldn’t afford to alienate a monk if he wanted information. “So what can you tell me about this guy…”

“I can tell you you won’t be getting information from me,” the monk replied. He put his hand on the small of Jame’s back and pushed the half dragon through a door. “Now get.”

Jame shuddered, because seconds later, he was at the northern end of the arena, separated as far as possible from his opponent, but not nearly far enough for his liking.

“Uhh… I’m Jame,” he said, readying The Namesake for the battle. “It’s nice to meet you… and you are?”

He doubted he would get a friendly reply.