PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's box, take two (Closed to Reiko)

Crystal Suncrest
11-06-07, 07:32 AM
do to certain circumstances, the original thread collected dust until Reiko's characters were hardly recognizable, so here is the second take of this thread with a nearly identical opening post.

Crystal was hanging out in a jewelry store in the remote town of Dahlia. She had been for quite a while now. 3 whole days to be exact. The shopkeeper was a nice man who had agreed to let her stay there for as long as she wanted on three conditions.

1: No stealing anything.

2: No scaring away customers.

3: No heading into the back room.... Ever.

Even though she was new to this whole adventuring thing, Crystal sensed that something wasn't right. The customers were always invited into the back room, and they almost always went into the back room, but they never came back out. The shopkeeper was always telling her that there was a back door, but she didn't believe it for a second. Today was just like any other day. A customer came in, the shopkeeper took the guy into the back room, and they started talking.

Suddenly Crystal felt something pulling her towards the forbidden room and she felt a chill go through her spine. She tried flying against the pull, but without any success. Finally the vacuum type force stopped pulling her in and the shop keeper came out.

"Sorry about that missy, I highly doubt you would understand how unruly the customers can be."

Crystal had had enough, though. Her curiousity finally getting the better of her, She flew straight into the back room. There was no back door. None at all. She turned around and started to head out to confront the guy about it when she noticed a pretty jewelry box covered completely in diamonds, there were four huge crystals on it that gave off an interesting magical aura, one red, one yellow, one clear, and one blue. She heard the footsteps of the man coming towards the room. Not wanting to be discovered, Crystal pushed open the lid with the intent of hiding inside, but instead, it sucked her in and tossed her into a world that looked like hell.

Lava was on either side of her and monsters were in front of her. There was a gravel path below her with the dead corpses of a lot of the customers strewn here and there. Suddenly a voice called out to her. It was the man from earlier that day.

"Don't tell me he tricked you too?"

Crystal looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?"

"That man has a sick mind. He tells people that he has a valuable diamand he is wanting to get off his hands for 200 gold, he then takes them into the back room and opens the jewelry box it is supposedly in to show them the diamand. They get sucked into the box and end up here where they end up getting killed by demons... Odd thing is, he never gets sucked in."

Crystal looked him over quickly.

"But you are still alive, right?"

"Yes, but not for long. I am going to die soon, I used all my lifeforce in an attempt to resist the pull, but I wound up here anyway. It is up to you to break out and stop that man."

"But how? How do I escape this place?"

There was no answer. The man had used the last of his breath in an attempt to tell her the situation. A demon came in and tossed her towards the lava. Her wings kicked in at the last second as she started hovering a centimeter from death. Suddenly the lava formed a hand that attempted to grab her in its scorching grasp. She flew back to land as quickly as possible, only to discover another demon waiting there ready to rip her to shreds. She cast dodged it and kept going, only to run face first into a huge Cyclops' belly. When she realized what she had run into she turned around, only to realize that there were more demons behind her.

"Fuck!!! Why do I have to die here!?!"
-------------------------

Meanwhile, the shopkeeper closed the box and waited for the next costomer/ sucker to arrive.