PDA

View Full Version : Chasing Shadows

Komosatuo
05-06-06, 07:14 PM
((I was just approved, so although it might not say I have any GP, I should be getting 100 here sometime soon.))

The bell on the door didn't make a sound as the black clad figure slipped into the musty room. Before the door could shut the exposed index and thumb of the figure reached up and gripped the bell tightly, allowing for only a small ting to emerge from its brass surface. Pale gray eyes flickered left and right, searching for movement as the bell was placed silently against the door frame. The hand moved away from the door. . .

And tapped against the far counter of the shop. Three taps, and then there was silence. The silence lingered a moment and a hand reached from the shadows of the room to tap the counter again, this time accompanied by a voice.

"I need something."

The hand moved away and the room was silent again.

nekoprince
05-06-06, 08:11 PM
"I'll just need to have an idea of what you want sir," the merchant said aloud, fixing the sign beside him outlawing gnomes from his shop. HE hadn't survived the last time they came, especially with all the stealing they did.

Komosatuo
05-07-06, 01:09 AM
A hand emerged from the shadows, and two gold coins appeared in its opened palm. The two coins seemed to dance within the palm and then with one bouncing motion, the coins flipped through the air and landed with two quiet clinks against the hard wood of the counter.

"A flute. White Ash."

Another coin appeared in the hand, waiting to toss it to the pile of two already there should the price be higher.

nekoprince
05-09-06, 08:16 PM
"30 gold if you want a high quaility one sir," the merchnt replied, watching the coin tricks. "But I can let it go for 25 instead."

Komosatuo
05-09-06, 08:20 PM
The shadowed frowned, if shadows could frown. It pulled the requested gold from it's pockets and sent them flying into the air, each landing next to the other in silent precision.

"Thirty gold it is then," it said in clipped, fast tones.

The hand appeared again with its double and they held themselves in an accepting manner, as if waiting for something.

nekoprince
05-09-06, 08:27 PM
"Good then," the merchant said, producing such a flute almost out of nowwhere. "anything else sir?"

Komosatuo
05-09-06, 08:29 PM
The hands reached forward to grasp the flute and made as if to leave, but then paused. The voice came from the darkness a third time.

"Can I get a price check on a pair of pants, made of black linen? As well two black linen strips of cloth, about an inch thick and thirty-six inches long."

The flute disappeared and a hand reappeared, hovering expectantly.

nekoprince
05-09-06, 08:31 PM
"Altogether that will be 10 gold for those things friend," the merchant replied. "I'd also appreciate it if you came out to the light. No one will hurt you in here."

Komosatuo
05-09-06, 08:39 PM
The hand twitched and then moved forward. Slowly an arm appeared, followed by a torso, finally a head. All clothed in black; only the pale skin of the exposed fingers and the figures eyes could be seen clearly. The other hand appeared and placed ten more gold pieces onto the counter top.

"Make it so, for ten gold pieces sir."

nekoprince
05-09-06, 08:41 PM
The merchant nodded, qucikly sending his assisatnat to get the clothing. He returned just as quick as the mercahnt took his gold. He smilied good naturedly, holding out the cloths for the figure. "That it?"

Komosatuo
05-09-06, 08:45 PM
The figure smiled, although the merchant would never see it.

"Yes, that is all."

Scooping up the linens the figure vanished into the shadows. The soft sound of the door clicking open and shut was all to say that he had left; the bell gave a soft jingle as it settled into place.

nekoprince
05-09-06, 08:47 PM
((Transaction complete, stuffles!

40 gold away, 60 remains at time of thread completion))