PDA

View Full Version : For the Sway! - Recruitment (6 spots open)

Justice
11-15-07, 05:55 PM
4) Using the caches of Aleraran muskets and weapons and priestly leadership, join in one of the rural peasant revolts--storm the local manor and kill all royalist forces and members the noble family. Attempt to consolidate rule. - Ashiakin

I don't think a quest has ever existed that is more appopriate for my character. I've come up with a premise that I'd like to carry out as part of the MQ - I'd like GM approval before I begin, though, just to ensure that this idea is acceptable.

Name: For the Sway!

Premise: A large village ('York') roughly fifty miles south of Knife's Edge is in a state of turmoil - the peasants and church officials have rallied against the nobility. This wouldn't be particularly strange or important considering the current state of things except for one important fact - this village borders a major trade route into Knife's Edge. Whoever controls the village effectively controls one of the largest trade routes into the capital.

Noble Leaders: Frederick York (Lord of the Fief), Palpimas Santine (burgomeister), Leonidas of York (Troop Commander)

Noble Forces: Approximately 80 well-trained swordsmen.

Peasant / Church Leaders: Elod Chivay (local battle priest), Firenze Chivay (respected elder, Elod's wife), Eva Vigne (local priestess)

Peasant Forces: Approximately 4,000 villagers, 600 of which have taken up crude arms against the nobility.

Number of Players: Preferably, I'd like to have 2-3 players for each side (excluding myself). I'll launch this quest when/if I've gotten enough players.

Potential Rewards: Control of the fief, gold, gifts, renown.

This thread assumes that 80 trained, well-equipped soldiers are roughly equal in strength to 600 untrained, ill-equipped peasants. The PCs will ultimately decide the result of this battle, and the peasants/soldiers will serve as distractions and obstacles - for example, you may be squaring off against another character when a peasant surprises you from behind with a pitchfork. This will primarily be a battle thread.
Current Roster ---

Nobility

Church
Uriel

Edited for clarity.

Sighter Tnailog
11-15-07, 08:49 PM
You don't need GM approval, just carry forth when you are prepared.