05-08-06, 02:32 AM
This was my character on Althanas previously:

Name: Khalid
Race: Star Fragment
Height: 6’ 3’’
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Black
Eyes: Light Blue

Description: Fingertips pressed hard to glowing steel underneath the weight of a figure rippled with chords of muscle and two iridescent black feathered wings that roughly protrude from the figures upper back. His body glows dimly golden in the dark forge making one think that perhaps this being isn’t actually forging a blade but resurrecting life into the steel its self. His eyes burn with a blue hot intensity and the pupils at the center seem little more than an after thought to mimic his wings and jet black disheveled hair which is currently plastered to his sweat beaded face. He wears a pair of worn black leather pants low across his waste and a tool belt that hangs slightly lower at a cocked angle. He isn’t very social and avoids dealing with people. Overtime he has become a decent swordsman as an attempt to better understand his craft.

History: A small tightly compressed ball of carbon sat glowing a few billion miles from Althanas. Its gravity draining the life of a near by star. Several years pass by and slowly the little white dwarf’s mass begins to increase and in this dark silence with out warning it erupts with a blinding flash brighter than thousands of stars combined. The mass has created enough heat to ignite the gathering hydrogen into a thermonuclear reaction that chains into a supernova which shatters the little star and sends fragments of glowing hot diamond and carbon hurtling into the heavens. A minuscule fragment slams into an ocean of the little planet Althanas. Millions of years pass by, slowly life forms all over the planet and technology advances. Meanwhile deep in the mantle of Althanas the glowing hot piece of carbon and diamond have miraculously crystallized into a life form, a male humanoid figure with black wings and translucent skin. The figure slowly gains a sense of self awareness and begins crawling out of the planet towards what he perceives to be familiar warmth. He emerges head first as if he were being born from the womb of the planet its self. For several years Khalid wandered the world alone and confused. It was in this condition that he was discovered by a very old weapon master who never having had a son longed to pass his legacy onward. It was this man who gave Khalid his name and taught him the art of metal working.

Equipment: Khalid carries one hammer, one pair of billows, and a sword he crafted himself that is made to function specifically for flying combat it is constructed out of steel.

Skills and Spells: Khalid has no spells but he is resistant to fire because his body reflects heat into light allowing him to “hand forge” white hot steal as long as it is below a certain temperature. He can only work metal of steel quality because the temperature needed to heat the metal any higher would burn his hands. His body is resistant to heat but not nearly to the same degree. His wings allow for limited flight and the ability to glide.

Dissinger
05-08-06, 04:50 AM
The tier system has been abolished you might need to describe it better than tier 3 or 4.

halomyperidol
05-13-06, 12:06 AM
How about instead of tier 3, Dehlar and instead of tier 4, damascus?

Cyrus the virus
05-20-06, 02:40 PM
Sorry this has taken so long. First, those metals are too strong for a level 0 character. His equipment will have to be made out of steel or iron.

How resistant to fire is the rest of his body, if at all?

And please lower the tier quality of items he can make, from dehlar/delyn/whatever to steel for now, and only one item per quest can be made. These things can increase as you level up.

Once again, sorry for the wait.

halomyperidol
05-21-06, 02:19 AM
Oh the rest of his body is just like his hands, and Steel is perfectly fine with me I was just offering metals that I remembered I dont know what tier they were. Also I was thinking of makeing him slightly more resistant to melee damage due to his density, what do you think?

Cyrus the virus
05-21-06, 08:14 AM
He's too resistant to flames, then, you'll have to limit his resistance to be just on his hands, or weaken the resistance entirely.

Those metals, as I told you, are too strong. You still haven't edited your post to change those.

I think he's strong enough as it is, adding another resistance isn't recommended, since I'm probably make you take it out anyway :D

halomyperidol
05-24-06, 12:50 AM
How bout his body absorbs heat too but not to the same degree as his hands. Hands are tough enough for steel but body cant even handle heat high enough for iron.

Cyrus the virus
05-24-06, 01:26 AM
That works. Happy forging!