PDA

View Full Version : Alerar Submission Thread

Zieg dil' Tulfried
05-08-06, 03:29 PM
Have something you want to do in Alerar? Have an idea for something you think would be really cool? Post it here and let the writer take a look at it. The writer will help flesh it out enough and make it a valuable part of the region. Althanas is all of ours to create, so you input is always wanted!

Emblem
05-08-06, 05:27 PM
I think that since Alerar is so technologically advanced they should have a really advanced airforce. It seems to be one of the few continents without its own military force. Maybe some kind of mega-gigantic mothership that they fly in on and invade other countries with. Think about it, you could have a huge Alerar military recruitment drive and invade another continent that must defend itself. Obviously this needs some more detail and thought, but it would awesome.

Broken
05-08-06, 05:48 PM
I think that since Alerar is so technologically advanced they should have a really advanced airforce. It seems to be one of the few continents without its own military force. Maybe some kind of mega-gigantic mothership that they fly in on and invade other countries with. Think about it, you could have a huge Alerar military recruitment drive and invade another continent that must defend itself. Obviously this needs some more detail and thought, but it would awesome.

I do believe that they are the only country with airships.

Thoracis
05-08-06, 05:50 PM
Alerar has an extensive and vast military force, actually. There are many factions which include the Aleranian Army (which was lead by me IC), The Kyorl (the faction currently in power and in the favor of The Queen), The Rangir (some sort of rebel force that bothers Alerar a lot. This is more involved in Torin Reahkari's storyline) and The Resistance (which is lead by Torin Rehakari IC).

In the past Alerar has invaded Raiaera, but there was only one battle. (The Battle of Valinatal. Raiaera won the battle, but given the life span of elves a year or two between major battles doesn't mean the war is over.)

As for the airships, Alerar currently has around 5 working proto-types of airships. They are more along then lines of Final Fantasy type steam/magic powered ships. None of them are excessivley large, but they are powerful.

For further detail on many of these things seek out the Official Timeline in the Roleplayer's Corner.

Nwara
05-15-06, 10:09 AM
There used to be a thread in El'inssring at some point, I believe, where there were Kyorl reward postings for missions intended to gather intellignence or eliminate the faction's enemies.

This was back when Unseen had control of Alerar, but bringing it back might have more people RP in the drow continent. For starters, you could set bounties on (N)PCs that have defected from the queen's army.

The missions might even require them to leave this continent and enter another (Raiaera) in search of <insert objective here>, thus strengthening intercontinental RP.

Sirrus
10-05-07, 10:36 AM
What's up with the empty mines and armoury? Those should be a hotbed of activity, these are dwarves we're talking about! I'll offer up my sub-character Blid Brackogan to the armoury.

Thoracis
10-05-07, 11:04 AM
For some reason the dwarven race has never really been too popular here at Althanas.

I use them quiet regularly (surprise, I suppose, since I created Kachuk) and intend for them to have a moderately large to very large part in the FQ that's coming up.

Why people don't use The Armoury more is beyond me.