PDA

View Full Version : How long does it usually take...

The Writing Writer
11-30-07, 12:52 PM
For a thread to be judged? Just curious.

Call me J
11-30-07, 12:55 PM
Much longer right about now than it does usually. We have a very large backlog of threads, and its taking a while for them to get completed. I'm really sorry that its taking such a long time for you, but I assure you that the staff has made new hires to combat the backlog, and that it is being worked on so that threads will be judged in a more reasonable time.

The Writing Writer
11-30-07, 12:57 PM
Well thanks for the reassurance. I didn't mean to bitch, I was just curious. But thanks for the notification.

Call me J
11-30-07, 12:58 PM
No, you're actually quite reasonable to bitch if its taken longer than a couple of weeks. I mean, granted, the judges are unpaid volunteers, but even so...

(and I'm not trying to be sarcastic there).

Max Dirks
11-30-07, 01:21 PM
Who, for our reference, are these new hires?

http://althanas.com/world/showgroups.php

That wonderful page indicates that no new moderators have been added recently. If you're that backlogged, perhaps you should post an open call for moderator applications instead of choosing between people who have already been negged.

Call me J
11-30-07, 01:28 PM
Uhh... me. I was hired like two days ago and in the past two days, you've quite a few threads judged.

Cyrus the virus
11-30-07, 01:58 PM
It's kind of hard not to notice this guy's hiring o_O

Also, I did say I'd judge *cough* :p

Max Dirks
11-30-07, 02:00 PM
You've always been a moderator, Damon.

Call me J
11-30-07, 02:03 PM
Before Thurs, I hadn't been on staff for at least two months. Perhaps that doesn't count as new hire in your book (instead of a retread hire) but if threads are being judged by my retreaded ass, doesn't that still mean they're getting judged?

Cyrus the virus
11-30-07, 02:05 PM
Dirks

Loop

Max Dirks
11-30-07, 02:12 PM
My point still stands. How about annoucing to the players when new moderators are hired?

Call me J
11-30-07, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure what your point was, other than there haven't been new hires, which has been refuted by empirical evidence.

However, making public announcements regarding the hires of new moderators is not a bad idea.

Max Dirks
11-30-07, 03:05 PM
Refuted? Damon, I asked who the new hires were because I didn't see any new ones.

I didn't recall that you or Cyrus had been taken off of the list for any reason, either (and I don't think you ever were taken off because I remember you getting hired back when you moved to Iowa, disappearing again, but never being taken off the list). Within my question was an implied suggestion to let the players know who the new hires are. Some of us would like to congratulate those people, you know...

Cyrus the virus
11-30-07, 04:04 PM
Oh Maxpie, you're being a dip. People like this guy will always be back, so taking him off the list would be silly!

Stop being a dip, ya dip. Dip dip doop.

Sighter Tnailog
11-30-07, 04:27 PM
Shyam was taken off the list the last time he had to request getting off the mod staff, and has been hired back because of a consistently stellar work ethic -- one we have already seen.

We will also be hiring a new moderator within the next few days, and a post will be made about that. One would have been made vis-a-vis Call Me J, but I was waiting until Saturday to make the announcement at a time when I would have time to make it. At that time, we will also announce the new moderator hires, along with a few reassignments to help deal with threads.

Let me just say that I think a lot of the current hecticness and backlog of requests is due to the fact that we are having a pleasant and not-unwelcome upswing in activity. So Althanas should pat itself on the back! When mods start working slower, it often means nothing more then we're having to adapt to the fact that you, the players, are working faster and with a higher quality than we have the personnel to handle.

Right now, I don't think an "open call" on judges or staff is fully necessary, especially given the additions that are "en route," so to speak, but rest assured we will put the question to the players if we are ever in dire (and quick) need of help.

Cyrus the virus
11-30-07, 04:42 PM
Exp bonuses for all (including me)?

Call me J
12-01-07, 11:09 AM
Exp bonuses for all (including me)?

No, just for me!

Anyways, I wanted to add a note that just because there isn't an "open call" does not mean that you can't apply to become a moderator. If you put in an application, you will be considered.

Witchblade
12-01-07, 12:02 PM
I was hired from an open call for judges! Weee!

It's not an entirely bad thing to do, but we;ve actually had a few people already submit moderator applications that are in teh process of being accepted or declined at the moment, so an open call isn't necessary. Besides, there are a few of us really starting to power through that backlog right now. ^^

EDIT: Oh, and The Writing Writer, your quest with Whiteshadow has been Judged by moi!

The Writing Writer
12-01-07, 12:46 PM
Woohoo! Thankies!

Witchblade
12-01-07, 12:56 PM
Haha! Your quite welcome. ^^ I enjoyed reading that.