PDA

View Full Version : Tales of the Crypt

Oblivion
05-10-06, 12:10 PM
The Tales of the Crypt

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 125 lbs

Race: Elvan

Being Elvan gives him certain benefits. He cannot die of disease or of Natural causes. He has better hearing and seeing than that of a human. He will always keep his youthful appearance. (In other words he will look like he as never aged, but he can still get scars and such.)

Appearance:

Myrrind strikes a menacing appearance. He stands tall and is very muscled. He has wavy blond hair that falls to his shoulders. To look at his face you would think that he is handsome, but when you look deeper into his blood red eyes all you see is chaos. His skin holds a golden tan. Myrrind wears tight black clothes and a pure black Jacket. These clothes mark him as a high ranking officer of Mider.

Personality-

“Huh so are you the brave warrior who thinks he could beat me, are you the one who thinks they could control the darkness, are you the champion that will over come the chaos, I am sorry to tell you do not have a chance to stand up against Oblivion.”

Myrrind is not one to be trifled with. It takes a while to gain his trust, but when you have it he will go out of his way to help you out if you need it. If you cross him in the wrong way you have just gained an enemy for life. Myrrind even though he is a Necromancer has a strong dislike for the Undead and will go out of his way to destroy one. By his nature he is strong and noble, but his experiences have brought out the worst in him. What Myrrind seeks most in his life is power. He desires it like nothing else and will use any means to secure it.

Weapon:

The Babd Catha Halberd (Unsellable) - The Babd Catha is capable of cutting open a portal into the underworld. For now he can only transport himself. To the underworld and may not bring any item which belongs to the ethereal realm back into the material plane. As he is in the ethereal realm, despite his hate for undead, Myrrind can search through the bowls of hell to find and bring back to the material plane a distraught soul. This soul is not brought back in the form of undead, but is an incorporeal being that may copy the physical appearance of another and become corporeal for three posts. (The halberd was stolen from Mider, Myrrind stole the halberd from the king of the underworld to go ahead and devote his life to one day returning to the ethereal realm, powerful enough to take on the king of the dead.) The Blade at the end of the Halberd is made of a weak form of steel.

Armor:

His Black Jacket does provide a little defense against such things as thorns, darts and cold. The Jacket is made out of Thick Wool and provides little if any defense against attack.

Items:

Orb of Mystery (Unsellable) - the Orb of Mystery gives information about an item, monster, person and etc.. The Orb of Mystery is an Orb that is made up of clear crystal. Most People that look at the Orb and only see gray storm clouds, but for those with skill it is a valuable tool. At first the Orb of Mystery will only give the user the name of the target. Only works about 65% of the time. (The orb was also stolen from Mider for the same reasons)

Cooking Set: used for Cooking Food out in the wild.
Includes: 1 plate, 1 bowl, 1 fork, 1 spoon, 2 knives, 1 pan, I frying pan, flint and tender, and a box of matches.

Skills:

Hell’s Fire- Hell’s Fire produces a ball of fire from the depths of Hell. Hell’s Fire is just like a fire ball except that it is made up of liquid fire. The liquid fire is sort of like molten lava. Hell’s Fire is slightly better than a fireball. It is slightly better than a fireball in the fact that, because it is liquid when it hits the target it covers a little larger area and stays a little longer. Hell’s Fire can be casted only once a post. Hell’s Fire only last for thirty seconds before it cools and turns into rock.

Distraught Revival: Myrrind can rip into the ethereal realm like stated above with his halberd. As he enters the realm of undead, he may search for and revive a distraught soul. This depressed soul may be coaxed into returning to the material realm of being to start a new life. The distraught soul then returns to the material realm to become an incorporeal being. The being then stays incorporeal for one post, then takes on the form of one being (animal, man, or item) for three posts before returning to its original life in the ethereal realm. Distraught Revival can only be used again one post after the incorpoeral being has returned to the ethereal realm from which it was summoned from. In easy battles and without much physical exhaustion Myrrind is able to enter the ethereal realm up to 3 times and the number decreases as his energy drains away. Myrrind can only enter into the realm into places to which he is familiar with and only return to the place he entered from. The incorporeal being can only take the shape of an animal no larger than a small dog, it can not take the form of a weapon made of anything stronger than iron and no bigger than a dagger. Any special abilities or powers that the creature or item may have are not inherited in the transformation only the physical aspects. If it tries to over extend its powers during the transformation it will disintegrate in a loud flash of light.

Creation:

Before the creation of the galaxy there was a small spark of life. This small spark of life was known as Magik. After many centuries of exploring the nothingness of space the spark started to become bored. In it restless the spark began to change. Out of this change came the creation of the Sun and Stars. Magik realizing that it had the ability to create started to create the planets. Then seeing the emptiness of all the planets it decided to create life on one of the planets. Magik choose the planet Althanas to be inhabited with his creations. It made all of the races and creatures of Althanas. Magick imbued all of its creations with a certain amount of himself in all of them know as magic. Some of them he put more of his self than others. Taking special interest in a group of Elves know as Jordians. Not only did Magik make them more attuned to magic. It also placed them in a mountain range which served as Althanas’s life source. Being born in this Mountain Range increased their magical powers. After Finishing with the Jordians Magick realized an unbalance in the Universe. In order to keep the balance of the Universe Magik created the Gods to rule the worlds. Magick created the Gods of Good to support all that was Good and the Gods of Evil to support all that was Evil.

History of the Jordain and Jordain Society-

“We are the Jordain the masters of Magic and the Shield Bearers of Good”

The Jordain reside in a Mountain Range know as the Sidara Mountains. The Sidara Mountains are a vast and treacherous Mountain Range to try and pass. Because of this fact the Jordains, were isolated from much of the know world for a great deal of time. They have been able to develop with out much outside influence. Their city Moondia is located in a huge valley. Their city is vast and beautiful. Sitting in the center of the city is a tall citadel, and around it are all the other buildings. Because of their isolation they have been allowed to study and learn in peace. The Jordains are technically advance in every aspect. Even though they have never been in a great war, they still spend a good deal of time in the study of fighting. The Jordain Society is one that is based on a caste system. When you are born into a caste you stay in that caste for the rest of your life. The Cast system does not determine the quality of your life unless you are of Noble Blood. The Cast System determines the position in which you would be trained. If you were born into a family of blacksmith then you would learn the spells and skills needed to be a blacksmith.

The War (Night of Fire)

“If there was never war then there would never be great battles, If there was never great battles, then there would never be Legendary Heroes.”

It was a peaceful and quite day in the city of Moondia. Starting towards the end of the night dark gray storm clouds rolled in. The dark storm clouds did not bring rain but just settled over the city. It started to get darker and darker until it was pitch black. The people of the great city started to settle down for the night. If you listened closely you could hear faint chanting. It was not till midnight did the sentries set in the watch tower see the torches of the great army that was approaching them. Sounding the alarm awoke all the leaders of the city. In the few hours they had to form a small defense they were able to pull together all of the warriors, fighter mages, and archers that were living in the city. Having not much need for an army most of their military were at their homes in the country side. Before they know it destruction was at their gates. It announced itself with a loud crashing sound. A giant mammoth skeleton was slamming its great big tusk against the gate of the city. The archers realizing the threat aimed their entire volley of arrows at the enormous beast, with now results. As the gate came splintering apart in poured hordes of skeleton, zombies and many other undead creatures. They poured into the city and started to sweep a path through the warriors. As they fought with the Fighters of the city they burned the buildings and killed all weather it be old or child.

“Let Your arrows fly true and straight into the hearts of our enemies and let all who oppose us lay dead under the shower of our arrows.” (Guan)

As Guan watched on he know that it was useless. He knows that they would lose to the on coming horde, but he and his garrison of archers held their ground. His garrison was a special group of archers not only were they deadly accurate, but they could add elemental attacks to their arrows. If they put a small point of magic at the tips of their arrows they could release a devastating attack. Forming his units into a wedge formation he was able to stale the on coming horde for a short period of time. Finally having to retreat after suffering heavy losses. Guan and his archers started to fall back losing men at an astounding rate. Guan seeing his last man fall to the sword of skeleton with half a skull stopped retreating and turned around.
Speaking in a loud tone Guan said as he notched an arrow into his long bow “you may have defeated my archers “and you may kill me but as long as there is a defender still standing you will never take this city.” After saying this Guan let loose a volley of arrows which could only have been conjured by a group of archers. Before he fell to the claws of a witch demon Guan was able to bring down a Skeleton Mammoth, which crushed a whole platoon of skeleton warriors. Thus ends the valiant hero Guan.

By this time the horde at dispersed out into the city. The only place still untaken by the horde was the citadel and the School of Summoning and Fighting Magic. What was left of the defenders made a tight circle around the citadel. The Legendary fighters killed many undead with their weapons and magic. Hope did not shine through till there came a bright blast from the School which destroyed the undead there and summoned the mystical being Ifrit. Ifrit swept through the city and burned the rest of the undead.

By now the sun was starting to rise over the Sidara Mountains. There was no trace of any undead left in the city. There was no trace because after the undead were killed they turned into dust and vanished. The city lay in ruins. All that was left of the beauty and splendor of Moondia was gone except the Citadel and the School. After searching the city all the people found was a dead necromancer wearing the symbol of Mider. None of the people paid any mind to him or the symbol of Mider. They thought that he was just a traveler who had the uncanny luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The first thing they did was bring in the rest of their military from the country sides and started to repair their city walls and set up defense for more oncoming attacks. The Jordains now marked this period as 1A.W. (After the War starts). It would not be for many long tireless years before the city is built back into its former state. The war will continue on, but will never once again reach their city gates.

History

“This is my story these are my battles against evil, my adventures in the journey of life, my conquest against my foes, my failures and my success believe it or not this is my story.”

I was born in the year 250 A.W..I was born to the family of Labraid. Labraid was of noble blood. So I spent the first five years of my life with my mother and father. When I turned six I was sent to the School of Summoning and Fighting Magic. I had a hard time adjusting to the change from moving away from a mother and father that loved me with all of their heart. The first year of my life at the school was spent mostly on learning studies such as reading writing and math. When I was not involved in my studies I was doing chores that needed done around the School. In my second year at the school my studies advance even further. They moved into such things as astronomy, history and lore, but they still included the normal studies. In my third year a great change happened.

Around the school nobody talked about the war to the children, but if you listened closely you could sometimes catch teachers talking about it amongst themselves. One particular day in this year would change the course of my life forever. The sunset turned a shade of red like that of blood. As it sank into the night it became pitch black with a small hint of twinkle coming from the stars. After daily study time dedicated to after school work, the teachers gathered us all for bed. The routine was the same as any other night except for one thing as the nurse of the children shut the door you could hear a soft click as the door was bolted. This aroused my curiosity greatly, so I got up from my bed and tried the door. I found that the door was in fact locked. Concentrating hard on a way to get out unlocked a small bit of magic buried deep inside of my heart without me realizing it. With a bright flash of light the bolt slammed open. I opened the door and stuck my head out looking for a sign of a teacher; not seeing anyone I started to creep towards the auditorium. To this day I am not really sure what made me go towards the auditorium. As I walked through the blue hall of learning I started to hear a faint chanting coming up from ahead. When I reached the open doors to the auditorium; I looked in and saw the head of the School and the teacher of summoning magic. They were standing on two points than connected in a line with an octagon in the middle. At each point of the octagon were symbols. These symbols showed terrible signs of destruction, chaos and doom. As I entered the room and hid behind one of the benches set up the chanting of the two Mages increased. As I looked on in the center of the octagon appeared a tiny orb of red fire. The orb continued to get larger and larger until it was the size of the octagon between the two mages. The orb started to crack showering fiery light from the cracks, until it exploded. The force of the explosion knocked the two Mages against the walls of the auditorium. As the light cleared you could see a monstrous figure standing in the center of the octagon. Standing 8 feet tall with two bull horns atop his head and skin that looked like it was made up of molten lava and rock was the most evil looking creature that I had ever seen. The creature looked around the room with its huge black eyes. Once seeing the teacher of Summoning; he reached back and let loose a fire ball that completely engulfed the poor man. When he was done burning all that was left of him was dust and molten rock. He looked around again seeing the Headmaster standing tall chanting at the top speed. With one great step he was he front of him. Taking his clawed hand he grabbed the Headmaster by his waist and lifted him in the air. The Headmaster showing no fear kept on casting his spell. Taking his other claw the beast placed it firmly on the Headmaster’s head and crushed it in an instance. Right before the Headmaster’s head was brutally crushed I noticed a faint shimmer about the room. As the beast crossed the room to the door way he tried to walk through, but was stopped as if an invisible wall was before him that he could not break down. Cursing and slamming his claws against the walls and destroying the room. In his rampage he splintered the bench that I was hiding behind. Upon seeing me he transformed into a sinister looking, but at the same time a trustful looking man. He spoke softly and sweetly to me and persuaded me to join him. As he spoke the orb appeared again, but this time it became a portal. The man finally persuaded me to come with him through the portal.

The beast I had seen that day was not a beast, but a God. The God was Mider. Mider was the God of the underworld, the world of death. Unknown to the Jordian people this was the one who they were involved in a war with. Mider was a God of Evil in being that he was destined to try and destroy all that was good. The Summoning teacher and the Headmaster were trying to summon an all powerful being of destruction. In doing so the weakened the borders of the universe allowing Mider to cross between the realms of the worlds. Because of the last spell the Headmaster cast was to keep him from leaving the room and enter the world. This spell alone would not have stopped him if the Headmaster had not given up his life in the process of casting the spell. The Seal of Life is the most powerful bond between magic and a spell. Since he could not enter this world he returned to his world with me.

That day he adopted me as his son. I forgot everything that happened in my life before my time with him.

Redeemer
05-10-06, 08:37 PM
-How strong is your weapon? It needs to compare to iron or steel.

-How strong is your jacket as armor? What material is it made out of.

-You need to put a limit on how many times you may 'Teleport' with the weapon.

Fix those up for now, and then I'll see what's I can do ;)

Oblivion
05-10-06, 08:48 PM
Alright Changes are made. Hope this clearifies it a little bit more. Anything else needed just ask.

Redeemer
05-11-06, 05:40 AM
I need you to lessen the amount of times he may enter the spirit realm, and it needs to take some time for each trip.

I need that magic orb weaked slightly. Like it not working all the time.

Oblivion
05-11-06, 07:29 AM
Alright the changes are made

Redeemer
05-11-06, 05:21 PM
Now, lastly, I need restrictions on what forms these undead thingies can take. They can't just be any human, animal, item. Give me around 5-6 specific ones.

Oblivion
05-11-06, 08:13 PM
Alright Changes Made

Redeemer
05-11-06, 08:32 PM
I approve of this.