PDA

View Full Version : Step

Izvilvin
05-10-06, 06:53 PM
Step
The name comes into reference to stepping in and interloping, of course. Established by the Coronians directly after the Demon War, agents of Step were inserted into the world's governments so that in the face of another disaster or war of tremendous magnitude, the people of Corone would be prepared. The agents of Step are numerous, and of nearly every race on Althanas. They are devoted to their people, and will commit suicide to take any information they were carrying to the grave. A second function of Step is to influence events to Corone's favor. The head and leader of Step is unclear, and no Agent ever receives his directives directly or from the same person.

When it comes to characters on Althanas, Step has a maximum of 6 members at all times. Some may be a part of the organization for life, some may not, but knowledge of Step may not exist outside of Step... If you catch my drift. Members are elite and diverse.

Requirements of Step members
Step members are typically very skilled warriors, and must have a talent for at least one of the following: Espionage, assassination, gathering information, manipulation, and most importantly, following orders.

Step members often utilize exotic weapons for the sole purpose of always catching their opponents off guard. This isn't really a requirement, but it's encouraged.

Joining Step
Step's recruitment is by invite only. Nobody but those involved knows of Step, so seeking to join would make no sense with the storyline. Any member of Althanas is welcome to PM me and ask to join, but must present a character idea with the PM. Basically, you can invite yourself but you may not be accepted.

Current Members
Izvilvin (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=971)
Casha (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=49)
Rakh (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=510)
Anenfel (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=1475)
Canen (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=404)
Banda (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=380)

Info
Every once in awhile Dan or I will post different regional assignments for Step members to claim and complete. There will also be joint quests where all Step members will need to work together to complete a very difficult, highly dangerous goal.

Dan came up with Step, not me, so he's the one who rules.

XXXXXXXX

So! If anyone's interested in joining step, PM me, or at Cyrus the Virus, whatever. I'll give you the gist of what you need to know, and you can decide whether or not it sounds like something you'd be up for.

I can't stress it enough, Step is a lifetime commitment. If you leave, your character will be hunted by every member, or just some NPC's I make up that are level 400 (:p). If you're inactive for like two months, I'll boot you and pretend your character is doing paperwork or something.

I promise this will be an active PG, and we'll have plenty to do. You'll have freedom to quest elsewhere of course, I'm not a tyrant. Dan or I will provide government work for you, and as stated above, occasional 'big quests' with all Step members to do cool, cool shit.

...Hope someone cares :p

Ithermoss
05-10-06, 07:07 PM
MMmmm... interesting. You've got my attention. ;)

Izvilvin
05-10-06, 07:25 PM
:D

Sending a PM... Slowly... As people message me :p

Izvilvin
05-10-06, 08:36 PM
Casha's been added to our official member list. Need to talk a bit before I can add the other 2, of course. Casha does not have her signature weapon yet, only a knife, so I may have Luc lend her money to buy one. Yes, we all totally need some kind of signature, uncommon weapon.

EDIT: Rakh added.

The Blademaster
05-11-06, 05:50 AM
-deep bow-

Well, watcha think?

Izvilvin
05-11-06, 10:28 AM
I think you're in, baby!

Only one spot left! I may increase the max number of members to 8, but I may not. This last spot will go to whoever approaches me with a cool character idea, cool idea for Step, or... You know, whatever.

Glad to see this thing take off ;)

Izvilvin
05-14-06, 10:14 PM
Nanza was interested in joining, but I don't believe he'll be in due to his inactivity. Still one open slot.

For now, here are some starting objectives. I'm going to attempt to build some interesting results for these quests, so they're not completely pointless. Consider these 'letters' that are dropped for your character, but you can claim there OOCly here. Generally, at the end of a quest, you should reply to the 'letter' with your own response, send it how you will, but never see the agent who wrote the letter, kzor?

1)
Ithy, May 15th. Raiaera. The Obsidian Spire. It's said to be uninhabited, but it's hard to go by the word of the Raiaeran elves these days. Entry is prohibited, so watch yourself. We want to know what's left inside, if anyone has taken up home there, and if there are any relics of any sort left inside. Report anything of interest.

2)
Alerar's Valshath d’ Isto. We have some idea of the technology Alerar possesses, but more is needed. We have to be informed of just what kind of weapons and advanced creations they have. Be very careful, Valshath d’ Isto is well guarded.

3)
Blademaster, May 14th. Haidia, Great Cave Town. The vampires occupy this area now, and though they are highly dangerous and should be left alone, one dwarf is still within. We don't know how name, but he was once a high ranking soldier in the Great Cave Town. Save him and get him out of Haidia, perhaps to a boat off to Alerar.

Don't let anyone find out you're from Step or Corone. Or else.

The Blademaster
05-14-06, 10:46 PM
#3 por favor... and I'll accompany anyone else that needs someone for theirs...

Izvilvin
05-14-06, 10:50 PM
Nice. Thanks for being anxious :D

Ithermoss
05-15-06, 12:31 AM
You know I want number one. Relics are indeed my thing. :p

Sword-for-Hire
05-15-06, 12:52 AM
I'd love to join STEP. Think I'll fit in?

Izvilvin
05-15-06, 10:16 AM
Nice :D

Sword, if you make a new character or something, it should be just fine :D I don't think you want to bring your level 4 into this knowing he can't ever leave. Hoo-hah!

I'm glad you guys are into this. If any of you have any ideas, or things you'd like to see done with Step, let me know. Ideas are more than welcome.

Sword-for-Hire
05-15-06, 10:41 AM
Nah, this is just something Oberon needs. Besides, I don't quit things, heh.

And I can take on a lv 400 guy if I have too! *rawr*

Only reason Oberon would ever leave STEP is because he's dead, lol.

So is that cool? If not, I do have a lv 1 and lv 0 character I could use, but I'd rather use this guy. :D

Izvilvin
05-15-06, 10:49 AM
Hey, fine by me, as long as you know you can't leave EVAR :p

Do you, like Grim, need some uncool IC reasoning to join?

Sword-for-Hire
05-15-06, 10:56 AM
Well, I can join fine just by OOC, but if I need an IC reason, I can come up with one...in a couple of min. lol

Izvilvin
05-15-06, 02:49 PM
Sure, but there's no way in hell we're making an entire quest just to do it. People can join Step in literally one post, no need to spend weeks doing it. Farthead!

Man I'm an ass. I'm tired again today... It sucks.

Sword-for-Hire
05-15-06, 02:51 PM
Heh, awesome. All right, I'll make that post and put it where it's supposed to go when I get home from class. Which will be like...late tonight. Past 9 pm PST.

Cya then.

Ithermoss
05-15-06, 03:04 PM
I'm simply "joining" by my character recieving a mysterious correspondence and following up on it as his initiation. I really didn't plan on any built up introduction.

Cyrus the virus
05-15-06, 04:00 PM
Thank der heavens fer dat! Step will suck you in, deeper and deeper into their clutches of manipulating death. Baha. Or something.

Ithermoss
05-15-06, 05:17 PM
Like your mom. ^^

Buuuurn

Riley Gardner
05-15-06, 08:54 PM
Sei has displayed so much interest, he made an alternate account!

Cyrus the virus
05-15-06, 08:56 PM
Sei didn't notive Step has a maximum of six members >.<

Though he having so much interest might make Cyrus increase the maximum membership to 8... For 10,000 gold.

*cackle*

Silence Sei
05-15-06, 09:12 PM
and unless you have an NPC in the 6th position, I only count 5 Step members.

Let Riley joined, I made him for the exact purpose of joining Step!

Cyrus the virus
05-15-06, 10:09 PM
Oberon. I'll be adding him in a minute. You can join, you Texan, or whatever you are.

Sword-for-Hire
05-15-06, 11:53 PM
Awesome. So I don't need to make an IC post about it?

I'll just pull an "Ithermoss". :D

Ithermoss
05-16-06, 01:37 AM
Woohooo.

I have a maneuver named after me, that doesn't have anything to do with jumping on something and landing on my balls!! Yes!! Score!

Sword-for-Hire
05-16-06, 02:05 AM
o.O

I'm almost afraid to ask...

Izvilvin
05-23-06, 01:14 AM
Haaallo, Step members!

I'm planning on a super-quest for Step to partake in! I intend for it to begin in mid-June, so there's plenty of time for you all to finish up whatever you would... Need to finish up before it >.< Er, yeah.

I haven't decided what region it's going to take place in, but you can bet it'll be a very involved quest, with a lot of different things to take care of, several different agents taking care of many different events that are different, all working toward a common goal (not different)!

What I'd like to know is... Who can be available for this Power Group quest? What role do you feel your character could play out best out of the following, and if you have any ideas, let me know. Also, tell me if you'd prefer a very detailed outline of what your 'mission' is and how to do it, or if you'd like it left open for you to work with. With different objectives for each member, it'd be rather simple for me to make some objectives straight forward, and others not.

The 'roles' thus far are as follows (they be vague for now):

The Manipulator (2 of 'em) - The Manipulator will be put into action before the other agents (save the Informant), using whatever means possible to infiltrate the government/structure/whatever of the targeted group/region/whatever, whether it be posing as a guard or sneaking in under cover of moonlight. The Informant relays his information to the Manipulator, who in turn turns these sensitive areas into rifts, weakening the structure/whatever.

The Informant - The Manipulator, of course, will not be able to do all of this on his own. The Informant plays a passive role, gathering information from places that the Manipulator cannot reach, using stealth and skill to get to the more... Sensitive areas of the structure/whatever and finding weak points. The Informant relays his information to the Manipulator, who in turn turns these sensitive areas into rifts, weakening the structure/whatever.

The Assassin/Thief - The one who will carry out the actual act of murder/theft (whatever it'll be). His role, while vital, is not a large one. Using the tools and knowledge provided by his fellow agents, the Assassin/Thief covertly carries out his mission. At the time that this takes place, the other agents are usually done with their duties, so backup is never far away.

The Distractor - One of the more dangerous jobs, it is the Distractor's duty to create chaos within the target structure while other Step agents are in the presence of guards or other figures. The Distractor's importance is great, as his ability to create timely accidents removes distrust from the Informant and Manipulators. ((Maybe I didn't write this one out well, do you guys get what I mean? :P))

The Role Filler (maybe 2) - Where he is needed, the Role Filler goes.

So basically... Whenever I/we decide on a region and a goal, this'll make a bit more sense. The Manipulators enter the structure and gain trust, melding into the area. The Informant finds cases of strife among allies within the structure, whether it be rivalry between two officials or a common hatred for one high-ranked officer, and relays this information to the Manipulators who make these things worse (by talking about them and such, spreading rumors).

The Distractor, which is a horrible name, causes 'accidents' throughout the area while the Manipulators are among many eyes, to create the illusion that if someone on the inside is causing trouble, it is not them. You know, stealing stuff, wrecking things, killing guards... That kind of stuff.

The Assassin/Thief is obvious, as are the Role Fillers, who can do whatever they like, pretty much.

Thoughts? Know which role you'd fill? ...Thoughts?

grim137
05-23-06, 10:24 AM
I'll sign my character Casha up for either an informant or manipulator (your choice).

The Blademaster
05-23-06, 10:44 AM
I'll take distractor, and I'll have the quest I claimed earlier up asap... probably tonight or tomorrow.

Cyrus the virus
05-23-06, 11:33 AM
You guys want your roles (basically, your objectives and such) to be planned out so you can basically follow an outline, or do you want to do your own thing?

I'm not sure if I'm describing this right...

The Blademaster
05-23-06, 07:50 PM
Mine's pretty basic... if you want to tell me a rough time frame of when you want me to step in, how many people you want me to distract, and what level of force (if any) is necessary that would be welcomed though.

The rest I can just wing, and it'll be interesting to do so too...

Ithermoss
05-23-06, 10:59 PM
Either distractor (already taken) or "role filler." My character comes into step in a rather roundabout way, so he's either going to be at the center of a gigantic mess, or he'll simply play a distinctive part.

Sword-for-Hire
05-23-06, 11:53 PM
Same choices at Ithermoss. I think Oberon can fill any of those easily, except the stealth part. He's only average at best at being quiet.

Maybe a Manipulator would be a good choice...

Cyrus the virus
05-24-06, 01:31 AM
Alright, we've got until mid-June to figure it all out, so if any of you have any issues or whatever, just post your bitchin' here.

Riley Gardner
05-25-06, 11:59 AM
I can do anything, once I actually make my one post. :P

Sword-for-Hire
06-14-06, 10:30 PM
So it's about Mid-June....anything going on?

Cyrus the virus
06-14-06, 10:59 PM
Yes, but I was thinking of waiting another week or so to finish up a thread or two I'm in. But I'll post the info on the thread soon. Hopefully some people are still interested :p

Osato
06-15-06, 12:06 PM
I should be. I'm almost done with a couple of threads and when I get them out of the way I'll be able to be more active with all my other ones... lol. I suddenly got way behind and am fighting to catch up.

Sword-for-Hire
06-15-06, 01:31 PM
Yea, always happens this time of the year. Lame as chunk of the year...lol

Izvilvin
06-20-06, 12:53 PM
Yeah, I haven't forgotten about the PG quest, don't worry. But I'm definately postponing it for a little while. I'm trying to, you know, find a job. :p

Ithermoss
06-21-06, 12:34 PM
It's cool. I'm in too many quests. :p

Falcon Darkflight
07-07-06, 06:37 AM
My interest has already been noted.

Cyrus the virus
07-07-06, 12:11 PM
So the quest I was planning is now in the dumps. Instead, it's come to my attention that Step will have a place in the upcoming 'Mega Feature Quest'. Someone will find out about Step ICly and make an attempt to destroy it. Thus, we must destroy him.

Vague, I know, but it's something better than what I had planned ;)

Izvilvin
07-07-06, 01:04 PM
Falcon, your PM box is full. Here's my reply.

"Dans un? In a? Awaiting in a reply? O_o

Step is full, man."

But I may be booting some people. Let me look over the list.

Izvilvin
07-07-06, 01:38 PM
He may not like it, but Josiah's out now. He hasn't made a post with that character whatsoever... So his interests lie elsewhere.

That means there's space for Falcon. But are you going to be active anytime soon, dude?

Also, I need to know if Swordy's around. I don't notice many posts of yours... So what's up with you?

Ithermoss
07-07-06, 09:58 PM
Wohooo. Fresh meat, eh?!

Cyrus the virus
07-07-06, 11:20 PM
Likely :D

And thankfully I don't have to run that big quest I had planned... I suck at that stuff :p Maybe when I'm not in 25 quests I can run something cool... Haha.

Falcon Darkflight
07-10-06, 03:10 AM
That means there's space for Falcon. But are you going to be active anytime soon, dude?

I'm active. I wouldn't have signed up if I thought I wasn't going to be able to keep up. Just bear in mind the only time I might find difficult to post is during the weekend where I don't have my own internet access for a while. Other than that, I can post Monday to Friday no problem.

This is a great opportunity to develop Canen the way I want to. So, where do you want me?

Cyrus the virus
07-10-06, 03:30 AM
I want you in the group. So... You're in now. If you want an IC registration or whatever, we can bang out a quest.

Falcon Darkflight
07-10-06, 07:29 AM
Yeah, an IC intro would be cookin' on gas. Do you have anything in mind specifically? If so, let me know via PM-tech.

Cyrus the virus
07-10-06, 06:17 PM
We have our idea! Booyah!

And Step isn't dead, dammit! We'll get our group-questing going when the 'Mega Featured Quest' is started. Step will have a role in that whether I'm allowed to give us one or not!

Falcon Darkflight
07-11-06, 03:59 AM
Vive Le Step.

Sands of the Nomad (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=1826)

Mr Virus, you have the comms.

EDIT: I just remembered, Canen does actually speak a little broken Drow/Elvish from his experiences elsewhere, if that is any help to you. It may just be enough to communicate.

grim137
07-24-06, 08:19 AM
For those quests, I would like to claim #2 (This is Casha for those of you who don't know). If anybody is interested in joinging me let me know.

Falcon Darkflight
07-24-06, 11:03 AM
Spank me and sign me up, in that order.

grim137
07-24-06, 11:38 AM
cool, I'll try and get the quest up soon.

Cyrus the virus
07-24-06, 01:04 PM
Nice, dudes.

We'll have a quest eventually, guys, don't worry. >.<

Falcon Darkflight
07-25-06, 02:06 AM
Somebody holla my way once the thread is up. I tend to get a little distracted this time of year and I might miss it.

Vampiric Angel
07-30-06, 04:08 AM
Are there any spots open? I know there probably aren't, but I'm guessing there are some inactive ppl so I thought I'd ask.

Cyrus the virus
07-30-06, 12:22 PM
No spots open, sorry.

Osato
07-30-06, 01:15 PM
He could have Nemian's... since I can't really get the will to write as him... -shrug-

Cyrus the virus
07-30-06, 02:07 PM
>.<

Someone PMed me about joining as well... Not sure who wanted to join first. I am teh weak leader.

Vampiric Angel
07-30-06, 06:31 PM
well check the time it was sent and when I posted my question.

Cyrus the virus
07-30-06, 06:33 PM
You did ask to enter first.

But... You haven't finished a thread yet, and you take a long time to post. So I'm not letting you in just yet, since WoW's got too strong a hold on you >=(

grim137
07-30-06, 06:45 PM
So does that mean the other guy is in?

Vampiric Angel
07-30-06, 06:45 PM
Actually because of the fact that it caused my posting to go down, I'm either going to balance it by not getting on until AFTER I post, or just not playing for a while.

Cyrus the virus
07-30-06, 07:04 PM
Bah. Enter, then.

I suck at leading PG's :p I thought I'd be getting help... Still bitter about it. Bear with me, boyz.

Falcon Darkflight
07-31-06, 11:05 AM
Grim, I promise i'll get a post up soon. Latest tomorrow. I've been working on something but for many reasons I wasn't happy with it.

Cy, same with SotN. I'll get something on paper for that tomorrow.

grim137
08-08-06, 06:43 AM
Since Falcon has officially dropped out does anybody thats actually going to post want to join? The thread can be found here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=2035).

Cyrus the virus
08-08-06, 02:08 PM
Eh, not me. Sorry dude. Hopefully one of the others'll be interested.

grim137
08-08-06, 03:38 PM
Eh, no biggie, if nobody responds in a few days or so I'll simply do it solo.

Falcon Darkflight
08-10-06, 02:59 AM
I just laid down a postage.

grim137
08-14-06, 02:39 PM
Sorry for the delay Falcon, but I finally posted.

Falcon Darkflight
08-15-06, 02:09 AM
Vintage rinsage. I'll start my draft.

Sword-for-Hire
08-23-06, 02:27 PM
Heya guys. Am I still in Step? I know it's been a long ass time since I was last year....like two months, haha.

I was skimming through all the posts since my last one. What's this about someone wanting to destroy Step? Is that still happening? Anything going on at all besides that one quest?

Cyrus the virus
08-23-06, 04:10 PM
Not much is going on. I really don't want to come up with a quest for us right before this FQ that has been talked about for three months is put up. We're going to be in that FQ, and I have no idea when it's going up. So you know, it would suck to put up a quest for us the day before another big thing comes up for the PG. It's a bit much.

However, I'll ask Max about it and move from there. It's about time we did something as a group, and Step is totally wicked awesome.

Sword-for-Hire
08-23-06, 04:16 PM
...and Step is totally wicked awesome.

Truer words were never spoken.

Vampiric Angel
08-23-06, 04:26 PM
Truer words were never spoken.

Unless you say something like, 'The world is round.' 'I have a penis.' Or my favorite, 'Toast is the best thing to happen to mankind since the wheel.'

Sword-for-Hire
08-23-06, 04:35 PM
Now you're just stating the obvious.

Vampiric Angel
08-23-06, 04:38 PM
Ah, but true nonetheless. :D

Falcon Darkflight
08-24-06, 05:58 AM
So, when are we expected to feature in the FQ, Cyrus? Remember I have the burden of a 10 day period of vacation from September 3rd onwards. It is unlikely I will reach a PC until September 15th.

Hence the reason i'm eager to complete SoN before I go...

Cyrus the virus
08-24-06, 04:24 PM
We're not going to feature in it, we'll all simply join with some elaborate objective that might not necessarily go with what the others are doing. And like I said above, I dont know when its going up because I'm not running it.

Sword-for-Hire
08-24-06, 08:44 PM
Wel, I'm on stand-by if you need me.

Falcon Darkflight
08-25-06, 05:48 AM
Figures.

Cyrus the virus
08-25-06, 05:50 AM
Yeah, it figures I dont want our PG to overshadow the rest of the FQ by centering the whole damn thing around outselves. Awful selfish of me to be so considerate, isn't it?

Falcon Darkflight
08-25-06, 05:54 AM
Wow, that was a bit moody. What's up?

Cyrus the virus
08-25-06, 06:10 AM
Forget it. I think I was confused by your British-ness.

Vampiric Angel
08-25-06, 01:33 PM
Could it be the new Quest with the war between Raiaera and Alerar?

Cyrus the virus
08-25-06, 02:31 PM
Nope, sorry. We can't all enter that because registration'll be limited. It's some thing Dirks has (apparently) been thinking up for (a long, long time). We'll do something soon, boys.

Falcon Darkflight
08-26-06, 08:44 AM
Cool. I'll be keeping an eye out.

P.S You don't know the power of the British side.

Izvilvin
09-20-06, 05:29 PM
Alright, I'm done waiting on this shit. Ithy has expressed that he'd like to do a mission, finally, so that's what we're going to do.

Does anyone have a specific region they'd like to participate in? Izvilvin, for storyline reasons, won't go to Alerar, and won't do anything negative in regards to Fallien government. If you guys want, though, we can do something in either of these places and I'll simply play an NPC role.

Any ideas? I want to get a quest up for us sometime in the near future.

Ithermoss
09-20-06, 06:28 PM
I had a setting idea. Not necessarily a continent or specific region, but simply a setting on a possible region.

Rolling hills of red wheat, a traditional proving ground for some aboriginal culture. Servs both as their sustainance, and means of settling disputes. The wheat gets its color from a purported "anger of fallen warriors." Even being there can bring out the worst in people.

grim137
09-20-06, 06:36 PM
Thats sounds good. For extra measure we can throw in some shit about how the Corone government hopes to harvest the wheat and find away to use its power to their advantage for some reason or another.

Ithermoss
09-20-06, 06:41 PM
Hm.. I kind of like where you're going with that.

grim137
09-20-06, 06:45 PM
Yeah, now we just need something to try and kill us and we'll have enough of an outline for a quest.

Ithermoss
09-20-06, 06:51 PM
Cyrus's mom would work. Badabing!

grim137
09-20-06, 07:11 PM
Yeah but your mom in like 3 levels higher. Zing!

Ithermoss
09-20-06, 07:15 PM
Hey. My mom can cast Chili of the Ultimate, and destroy everyone's intestinal fortitude. Don't be talking about my mom.

Vampiric Angel
09-20-06, 07:21 PM
lol XD wewt for hazardous foods!!

Cyrus the virus
09-20-06, 11:55 PM
So then!

Our antagonist(s), then, will be the creatures which eat the substance and the farmers who harvest it?

Falcon Darkflight
09-21-06, 05:49 AM
Farmers tend usually to be a sort of peaceful sort of people. Perhaps it would be better to find something a little more...I don't know...intimidating? Perhaps they could have hired some mercs to guard their treasured fields, people with fighting capability? Or even some sort of trained beasts?

If you think about a couple of farmers guarding acres upon acres of their hard earned land on their own it doesn't really make any sense...unless they're en masse.

And if you think about it, we represent Step. We are supposed to be a bunch of rough motherfuckers. Farmers would be too easy.

Thoughts?

Sorry if i've missed anything on the subject, i've been on holiday and still trying to catch up.

Vampiric Angel
09-21-06, 02:55 PM
I kinda agree with Falcon, though, wouldn't the harvesters of the grain, the Corone gov't I'm guessing, have badass people guarding it? If they're going to have the grain as one of their top priorities, they're going to treat it as such, and not have under experienced soldiers guarding it.

Cyrus the virus
09-21-06, 03:04 PM
Tsk, Falcon, I'm disappointed!

Naturally the beasts who eat these grains would defend them from harm. They would likely have a sense of who their masters are, and wouldn't allow anyone else near their food. And I was thinking these beasts should be drakes, griffons, or some other imposing creature.

Naturally there will be guards. I'm thinking the farms which harvest the grain should be part of a large compound surrounded by military, and we need to penetrate somehow.

The region that seems most right to me for this is either Fallien or Raiaera. Fallien does have fertile lands, and it makes sense to me to have red wheat in the desert :p

Ithermoss
09-22-06, 02:28 AM
I was thinking that we might also be defending the land of the native tribes who live there at the same time. It wasn't exactly a crop that I had in mind. The place where the wheat is would simply be the "field of honor" where grudges are made good upon. I had in mind more along the lines that the wheat was a natural byproduct.

Cyrus the virus
09-24-06, 04:38 PM
Alright.

I'll go over this shiz, maybe make myself an outline or something, and make a thread sometime soon.

Vampiric Angel
09-24-06, 04:39 PM
Sweet. My first Step assignment! ^^

Falcon Darkflight
09-25-06, 06:10 AM
Amen to that.

Cyrus the virus
09-25-06, 08:12 AM
Alright, here's my thinking then.

These grains absorb the blood of the fallen warriors who settle their grudges atop them. The grains grow tall, like a corn field, and the battles are usually marathons of stealth and patience. Almost like a ninja thing, but for the culture that exists in the area.

Naturally, there will be a point where a few of us are in these fields and must skulk around ;)

Anyway, the blood eventually seeps into these grains and is transformed into a very flammable, yet stable, oil. Corone wants to oil to experiment in new weapons. We're basically sent to clear the area of the people who live there, or harvest the wheat somehow.

Vampiric Angel
09-25-06, 10:23 AM
Wow, that sounds awesome. And since Step is some secret organization, you added a lot of espionage-esque theme to it. Well done, and I think that is fanfuckingtastic.

grim137
09-25-06, 02:33 PM
Sounds good to me.

Ithermoss
09-25-06, 04:46 PM
Good stuff.

Falcon Darkflight
09-26-06, 06:49 AM
SHIT!

No, not really. Very well thought out.

Now we work out how we harvest as much as we can of the flammable corn. Or, alternatively, extract the oil from the corn in a way which would seem realistic enough. Perhaps we divide into two squads: The inflitration team (who would deal with any hostiles) and the extraction squad (carrying the gear used to get the corn / oil).

Thought and ideas?

Vampiric Angel
09-26-06, 10:27 AM
Well if we did split up into two diff. squads, me and Izzy would be in the first, seeing as how we're both stealthy mofo's. Ithermoss could help with the extraction, since he's a hulking mass of muscle, lugging around the equipment would be no problem. And whoever can fit into the two groups from there.

At least, that's how I see it.

Izvilvin
09-30-06, 07:47 AM
Updated the member list, finally, so it accurately reflects who's in the clan. Sword was too inactive and expressed no interest or awareness in the upcoming quest, so there's now an open slot in our PG.

I'll have the quest up soon in Other Regions, since we're not supposed to make new threads in the Tular Plains (:(). I'll edit this post once I've got the tread up.

I'm also going with the two-squad idea. Izvilvin and Anenfel together will be quite interesting, since they fought in the Citadel.

You others will have free reign to accomplish your task however you like. You should probably make a plan to extract the grain as the infiltration bitches does their job. Word.

UP! (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=38087#post38087)

You guys can do what you like, though I suggest Ithermoss post first for your squad, simply because I believe he'd do a great job of setting up everyone's role and giving you each something to work with.

Bearded Gnome
09-30-06, 12:23 PM
Sweetness! Just Izzy and Anen huh? This is gonna be fun. ^^

Ithermoss
09-30-06, 11:37 PM
Ok. Just flew in from Cleveland. I'll post tomorrow evening.

Falcon Darkflight
10-01-06, 05:19 PM
At a funeral tomorrow, so give me till tuesday and its all good.

I'll plan with the others via pm.

Ithermoss
10-03-06, 10:38 PM
Did my post give a decent frame of reference? Everything alright?

Cyrus the virus
10-04-06, 05:30 AM
I've been wondering too, if Falcon and Grim are still in on this shizzle.

I'll probably put up a post soon to move Anenfel and Izvilvin's bit forward.

grim137
10-04-06, 03:30 PM
I'm still in on it, I've just been really busy lately. I'll try and post soon, this weekend at the latest, though if thats too long to wait let me know and I'll try and get a post up before then.

Falcon Darkflight
10-05-06, 06:15 AM
I'm defo in on this. I'd be really grateful if someone could give me the link via pm. I rarely get time to search for it as I have to draft up my posts and post them in a 10 minute period this week, so as you can imagine im just hopping from thread to thread and laying them down rapid fire.

If somebody can do that, i'll make sure I get a post done by tomorrrow.

Thanks.

Cyrus the virus
10-05-06, 06:20 AM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=38087#post38087

I guess we can wait, but if it moves too slowly, this thread is going to take a very long time to get done. We may have another project in the future, so I'd like for us all to make an effort to post somewhat quickly. If you feel rushed, wait a while, but try to post within 2 days of the last person.

Falcon Darkflight
10-06-06, 06:17 AM
Sorry guys, i'm going to have to pull out of this one. I have comitted myself to a few threads and time won't allow for another the way things are going. Don't want to slow up the thread by not having enough time to post.

Sorry again.

Cyrus the virus
10-06-06, 06:26 AM
So of all the threads to pull out of, you pick this one!?!

God dammit.

You're a skank and I hate you.

I guess I'll post sometime this morning, so Anenfel and I can move forward. Hopefully Grim won't abandon it as well ;)

Falcon Darkflight
10-06-06, 07:33 AM
Well, I just don't want people relying too heavily on my activity at the moment. I'm in more than 4 threads of which I have only an hour a day's posting time to do (I spend about an hour a post usually in word, because I can only do them in the quiet times at work, then post them all one by one).

Cyrus the virus
10-06-06, 07:57 AM
It's all right.

Traitor.

grim137
10-06-06, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry to say but I think it would be in my best interest to drop out. In addition to being involved with numerous threads on both this and another RP site, but I'm also busy with school and other shit. For storyline reasons you can just say this whole ordeal takes place during Flacon and Casha's mission in Alerar.

Cyrus the virus
10-06-06, 04:02 PM
...Well.

Are you guys actually in the clan, or what? You could have just let me know a few weeks back that you couldn't join, rather than act all excited just to drop out.

Whatever, if you two others are still up for it, I'm willing to continue. This would make the next post mine.

Vampiric Angel
10-06-06, 04:24 PM
More than willing. I've been looking forward to it, so I intend to go through with this.

grim137
10-06-06, 04:56 PM
I'm still in the clan, hell me and Falcon are both involved in a mission for it already, its just that I while I can't speak for Falcon you sprang this on me and bad time and I have other obligations and things I need to finish. I can still post but it won't be every two days or something more along the lines of once a week.

Izvilvin
10-06-06, 05:57 PM
Eh, it's alright. We three will take care of it. Next time, hope you guys can come along.

Short post made. Vampiric, take charge and make somethin' happen, baby.

Falcon Darkflight
10-09-06, 06:06 AM
Remember, i've been on holiday Cy. I knew shit all about this 'till last week.

It's not your fault, because it was there to be seen, but its been difficult catching up.

If there is a major quest coming up you want me to participate in, or think I might want in on, pm me. It's the best way.

EDIT: Cyrus / Grim: Please post asap in our respective threads. I'm waiting on you guys.

Cyrus the virus
10-09-06, 08:03 AM
Okay, look at your own posts. September 21st, you were contributing to the idea.

grim137
10-09-06, 03:49 PM
Sorry Falcon but school + cross country + college apps = not much free time. I'll get a post up sometime this weekend if not sooner. I promis.

Falcon Darkflight
10-10-06, 06:17 PM
Cy: *punches self* Yeah...sorry 'bout that. But I came back off holiday on the 15th and was spending my time catching up. I'm stupid, I swear...

Grim: Cool, no worries. Just lay it down when you can.

Vampiric Angel
10-11-06, 10:34 AM
I wanted to apologize for the absence of my post in Field of Fire. I've been trying to think of something to happen. Everything from being captured for being an outsider to fending off an attack by a large pack of angry wolves. None of it seems to fit. So...yeah, I have no idea what I'll do and it might be a while till I post something up.

Cyrus the virus
10-11-06, 01:39 PM
Don't worry about it. I need to edit my post anyway, so I'll just have us meet with Rakh while I'm at it and you can follow along.

Falcon Darkflight
10-12-06, 12:04 PM
Cy, you gonna post in SotN?

Cyrus the virus
10-12-06, 01:54 PM
I posted on the 3rd, fool.

Falcon Darkflight
10-13-06, 08:55 AM
I replied to that already!!!!

Falcon Darkflight
10-13-06, 08:56 AM
Ah. Didn't show up on my CP....

Izvilvin
10-20-06, 10:02 AM
Sorry it took so long, but I edited my post. Anenfel's turn.

streak101
10-28-06, 01:42 PM
Well Step, your new member is here i guess. Cy said to say hi so...

"hi."

Izvilvin
10-29-06, 11:26 AM
Banda's added to the list ;)

Hopefully VA is still around to post in the quest... It is his post, heh. Streak, we'll introduce you in a little while, okay? If you have an ideas, let us know!

streak101
10-29-06, 10:26 PM
well if Banda's already in Step then maybe i dunno i could say some ridiculous riddle and one of yous can say a reply also ridiculous, or I could be hanging around with Ithy's char when you get there, nothing in the quest so far that says otherwise....

Cyrus the virus
10-30-06, 01:40 AM
I'd rather you meet up with us at some time when we're deeper in the tribe's land and such. You've gone ahead of us to scout the area, or something of the sort, maybe. Give you some responsibility :p

streak101
10-31-06, 07:55 PM
alright so do i post now? or when you give the signal?

Cyrus the virus
11-04-06, 06:10 AM
Wait a while and one of us will give you the word to post. It shouldn't take long, since I intend on becoming active in this quest once I post and make the edits I need to make.

Izvilvin
11-04-06, 06:39 AM
Posted! My idea was we'd merely sneak behind certain huts, running to the next when the coast was clear, until we get into the field. We'll follow a trail of some item Banda left for us, let's say, and we meet up in the middle of the massive grain crop/field/whatever. Then we'll discuss all the details.

Let me know if I fucked up again, Itherloss (burn).

Sword-for-Hire
11-14-06, 11:55 AM
Bust! You guys FINALLY did the thread? I thought that was never gonna happen.

Cyrus the virus
11-14-06, 11:57 AM
Uh, yeah. FYI you're not in the clan anymore >.< Heh. Sorry dude.

Sword-for-Hire
11-14-06, 12:12 PM
lol Figured as much.

grim137
12-02-06, 03:53 PM
Just letting you all know that I've lost all interest in my Casha character so I'm officially giving permission to Step to turn her into an NPC for the powergroup.

Cyrus the virus
12-03-06, 12:14 AM
On that note, you guys can consider Step abolished. I plan on making a new PG in the future, but making one out of a personal storyline was a stupid idea.