PDA

View Full Version : Mediocre Delight

Sparrow
05-11-06, 06:38 AM
I've decided that I'm going to reincarnate Maxine Dirkal (User Account: Pink Panties) to this character. She had about 9000-1000 EXP, I can't remember. I'll leave it up to this approvals moderator and let him/her/it decide how much. Several people can vouch for me including the oldbies Yari Rafanus and Slayer.

Additionally, I want to know whether I can have a flintlock at my EXP level. If I can, I'm wondering whether I can have two.

Name: Erutan Nadilas
Race: Human
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Height: 5’10
Weight: 150 lbs

Equipment:

Rapier – Steel, nothing special

Dagger – Steel, nothing special.

Rum jug – Two litre jug filled with rum. It’s tasty.

Gunpowder – In a small satchel, Erutan has about 50 grams of gunpowder

Bullets – Twenty iron shots

Pistol Kit - Everything he needs to load and clean his weapon

Flintlock Pistol – A once fully functional weapon, Erutan’s pistol is now damaged beyond use, though it is repairable. The entire hammer appears to have stopped working for one reason or another. Using his amateur knowledge of pistols, Erutan deduced that his weapon's firing mechanism's parts after being submerged in saltwater have rusted and needs to be replaced. However, his early journey in Corone suggests that he will not find someone who has the skills or parts necessary to remedy this situation. The weapon still looks functional and can be cocked but when the trigger is pulled, nothing happens.

Skills:

Swordplay – An above average swordsman. Can dual wield bladed weapons at an elementary level through trial and error but has had no training. Has above average skill at one-on-one fighting.

Marksmanship – Can hit a static target from thirty meters (though the area hit will vary) and a moving target from ten meters. Takes twenty seconds to load and ready a flintlock for firing. Cannot use any other type of firearm.

Thievery – Can pickpocket, steal, sneak, pick locks and can sense and disable basic traps. Knows how to walk without being heard by normal human hearing. He can perform tricks thanks to his knowledge of sleight of hand.

Seafarer – Knows how to sail a ship, what needs to be done and has an appropriate knowledge of how to do everything. Although unreliable at times, he can determine weather by things like smell, animals and looking at the sky.

Acrobat – Erutan possesses athlete standard reflexes and agility. He can also perform acrobatic stunts like cartwheels with little or no effort. His balance and jumping height and length are also quite formidable.

Personality:

An intrinsically good person that describes his choice of career as being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He is the last to draw arms in battle and the first to leave a bar fight. He prefers to talk things over with diplomacy rather than resort to violence. To match this pacifism is a unique nature where Erutan interprets even the most strong of insults as compliments. He is always eager to make new friends but will not compromise his morals or change himself to do so.

Despite his friendliness and pacifism, he will not go out of his way to help someone unless he sees it of personal gain to himself. Unfortunately, due to his naivety and relative inexperience with the land he sees many situations possessing minimal danger and maximum profit. He is still a pirate at heart and is always on the look out for treasure. He has no qualms about stealing and will resort to even when his pockets are full.

Erutan, like all men of his vocation, has a crippling weakness for women and alcohol. Unfortunately, his addiction to the latter ensures he is not as successful with the former as he would hope. When entering a new town or sometimes even a new night, he will engage in both.

Appearance:

Erutan is no where near the most handsome man in town and on bad days, not even on his pirate ship. His shoulder length brown hair is unkempt, untidy and unwashed. The only thing that resembles grooming is a bandana which he uses to keep the hair out of his eyes. Still, it seems as though the pirate will face a never ending battle when it comes to restraining his hair as it appears to suddenly emerge at random places around his face at inopportune moments.

His clothes do not give off the image of someone that is wealthy, or has any money at all. Erutan often wears clothes that have little holes in them, which he claims have a certain rugged charm to them. His clothes range from all different types of materials, usually what is most comfortable is what he wears. The only constant in Erutan’s appearance is his belt, which he uses to hold his pants up, among other things. A gun holster with ammo pouch occupies the right, while his sheathed sword is strapped to his left. His fingers are home to a total of three expensive looking rings, which hold cheap imitation stones. His pride, joy and perhaps the reason for his being exists behind his gun on the right. Strapped to his belt is a small two litre jug filled with rum.

A skinny person by nature, his body only shows a little bit of muscle toning, which means that although he is quite strong, he does not look it. His unshaved face is something he takes some pride in, as he sometimes styles his moustache, goatee and beard. Not lucky enough to be considered handsome, Erutan delights at being able to refer to himself as being delightfully mediocre in the sex appeal department.

History:

Despite his fun filled life, Erutan has a rather simple history. He’s a pirate, he’s been a pirate for as long as he can remember. He remembers nothing about his parents, having been raised by Captain Revol aboard his pirate ship the S.S. Destiny. He was raised with five other young boys, who have similar histories. Erutan soon began to realize that he cared little for the past and was more interested in living his life in the present, much to the delight of Captain Revol, who he soon swore allegiance to.

One day, Revol’s favorite companion, his pet sparrow, June disappeared one night while they were docked in Corone. However, the crew of S.S. Destiny had a more important thing to do, namely a raid on a small noble’s ship that would be sailing these waters soon that could make the pirates small fortunes. Revol decided to send Erutan to Corone to find his precious bird.

Enthusiastic to have a taste of something new and different after staying aboard the ship for so long, Erutan left promptly, pledging to find June as soon as possible.

Cyrus the virus
05-11-06, 09:59 AM
I'll be nice and let you be level 2.

You still can't be approved with a gun, and must quest for the pieces and have it repaired, or something. But no free guns! You must work, monkey!