Out of Character:
The following occurs at the docks.
The Primary area is a 10 foot by 20 foot section of dock. On the northeast section, there is a large crate of breakable glass goods, in plain oaken crates marked only by the words Fragile written in red ink. The Northwest section is fragile, being made of rotting timber and crumbling stone. The center of this quadrant is unstable enough to cause both participants to tumble into the waters below where a hungry water monster waits to eat them both while the rest of the quadrant only has holes small enough to make a leg fall through, enough to delay one for a port or two while they pry their leg out of the whole. The Southwest section contains a wagon parked at the very corner of the Arena. The Southeast is the most stable, but is littered with droped crates containing various implemts of sharp stabby doom. Exact contents are of Iron, but what the weapon in each is may be decided by the fighter who cracks open the oak crate.

The hungry water monster:
This Aberration seems to be a cross between a small sea serpent, and a large octopus. It has the head of a sea serpent, and it's tail splits and fans out into eight tentacles. While possessing no magic, it does have several sharp rows of teeth. Being exceptionally hungry, all that is needed is for a participant to be attacked, is for one to fall in the water and thrash about as they try to get to shore, or over to a pole to climb back up and out of the hole. Known as the Octo-serpent.

Destrudo sat in the seaside tavern, drinking a tall glass of milk.
A few days ago he had walked into the pagoda expecting a serious opponent, the monks had even set him up with one of their warriors, but the bastard fled the pagoda before anything of interest could happen.

In apology, the monks offered Destrudo the warrior's position. With a smile and a haunting laugh, Destrudo accepted. Upon asking if there was anything special he wanted in Arena, he replied saying Death could happen anywhere, at anytime, and so he chose the city itself for his fights.

Upon saying this, he turned on his heel, and walked off. He decided to remain sober, no telling when he might get an opponent. Destrudo knew he would gain in power, but what really thrilled him the most, was the chance to make others suffer, while honing his skills.

As the Bartender slid him another glass of milk, he slid a piece of paper with it.

A challenger awaits thee by the name of Zaith Tenimi.

"Heh, send him out here to the docks. I'll give him a workout." Destrudo replied with a snarl.

"As you wish." The monk said that was behind Destrudo. Desturdo turned, but the monk was already gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Destrudo's challenger walked the docks, crowds of people clustered around him on their own business. Suddenly, they all pulled away from Zaith, as he became surrounded by a ring of ten monks, marking the farthest edges of a ten by twenty foot area. Boxes were scattered in one part, and stacked in another. A wagoneer left his wagon and hurried off, not wanting to be in the way of the action. The crowd stood just behind the monks, watching the action. Murmuring in excitement.

"I'll give Three to One Odds against the challenger!" Shouted one better.
"I'll take that, whose ever heard of this warrior anyway?" Shouted another, soon the air was filled with the sounds of gambling.

Thunk...Thunk...Thunk...Thunk...

The heavy steps of Destrudo silenced the crowd. They had never seen a glowing man before.

"I think you might want to rework those odds." Destrudo whispered in the silence, using his supernatural voice to unsettle the onlookers and his opponet even more.

"I am Destrudo, The Prince of Noctum, but you will know me only as The Red Death, from this point forward. Come Half-breed, prove you deserve your existence." Destrudo whispered again, never taking his eyes off his opponet. As the waves lapped gently against the docks, Destrudo brought up his hands, and readied himself to make his opponet suffer in agony and shame.