The art of surprise usually comes from the elves, but it looks like Sara got a taste of her own medicine when a protective barrier appeared over the old man in the blink of an eye and sent the arrow flying off of him and into the woods.

The shield rippled from the strain of the attack, but it was enough to make her bow almost completely useless. It was now time for close encounters until she could back off more.

Yet, once again, another surprise. A bronze colored ring with the shape of two fists emitted a strong energy knocking the bow right out of her hands and pushing her back a little ways.

If my bow wasn't in the way, I would be the one taking on the blast not the bow. Looks like I got lucky.

The bow launched quickly out of her hands onto the path, laying a little far aways to be used again if she could manage to pick it up.

Short sword or daggers?

Sara thought quickly as she remembered in her weapon training ... when it's this close, daggers are your friend vs the sword.

She reached for both of her daggers and pulled them out, having one in each hand. She twirled them around several times each having the blades at a slight angle so she could have better control over them.

With her enchanced speed of a human, she twirled around faster than a normal human and aimed one of the daggers right towards the underpart of the mans' neck as the other aimed for the side of his body.

If the body one connected, she would raise it up quickly heading towards his shoulder and then pull it out quickly ... if the neck one connected, she would try to push him over , and then quickly grab her bow and fire.

Being rammed left her a tiny bit dazed, but other than that ... she was fine ... minus the bow.